Cousins are ready-made friends for children.
Cousins are the amazing people that make our life a little easier and full of love. A cousin makes everything more fun!
Cousins are some of the most important people in our family tree, and a cousin might even be the first friend we make during our childhood. Time passes and throughout life, we look back and cherish our memories with our favorite cousins. When we meet up with them at a family gathering we are filled with happiness because we get to spend time with them again.
So it is important to show our love towards them in any way we can. A good way to express love to your cousin is to share any of these cousin quotes and sayings about love with them. This includes happy birthday cousin quotes, a message for a boy or girl cousin, quotes about happy memories, "I love my cousin" quotes, and much more. Write any of these quotes in a card to your cousin to show them you care.
This list includes family quotes by influential figures like Marion C Garretty, Byron Pulsifer, Courtney Cox, and others. For more family love quotes, check out these aunt quotes and uncle quotes too.
The Best Cousin Quotes
Some of the best cousin quotes are listed here. Find your favorite cousin quotes from our compilation below.
1. “A cousin is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost.”
-Marion C. Garretty.
2. “Cousins are cool to see, impossible to forget and true to your heart.”
3. “Cousins are not those we do not know but instead part of a family that also provide support and comfort.”
4. “Every man sees in his relatives, and especially in his cousins, a series of grotesque caricatures of himself.”
-H. L. Mencken.
5. “If little kids had a People magazine, cousins would be on the cover.”
6. “My twin sister, my cousin, and I used to write and perform plays for my family. We raided the closets for costumes and fought over parts. I'm sure I was the bossiest one.”
7. “... you have fights with them but you always know you love each other, they are a better thing than brothers and sisters and friends cause they’re all pieced together as one.”
8. “My parents were second cousins. That is enough to explain all of my peculiarities.”
9. “Some of us can live without a society but not without a family.”
-Amit Kalantri, ‘Wealth Of Words’.
10. “Sticking with your family is what makes it a family.”
11. “The night before the cousins came, I couldn't sleep.”
Cousin Quotes To Show Love To Your Cousins
Cousins are your family for life by default, but friends by choice. Pick your favorite cousin quote from below to show love to your siblings or best friends.
12. “Win, lose, or draw, you’re all my cousins and I love you.”
13. “My cousins are shareholders of my soul.”
14. “Every individual has a vast network of living cousins, most of them unaware of each other's relationship and existence. The key to understanding this complex relationship lies in determining the distant grandparents we share.”
15. "My dear young cousin, if there's one thing I've learned over the eons, it's that you can't give up on your family, no matter how tempting they make it.”
16. “Cousins are more than cousins; they are best friends that are there for us through it all.”
17. “The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other’s life.”
18. “The only thing most of us love about most of our family members is that they are related to us.”
19. “Everyone has an idea that they think would be a great movie. Everyone has a cousin who they think you should work with.”
20. “In your name, the family name is at last because it's the family name that lasts.”
-Amit Kalantri, ‘Wealth Of Words’.
21. “Family is not an important thing. It’s everything.”
-Michael J. Fox.
Popular Cousin Quotes
Some popular cousin quotes are given below. Share these quotes with your cousins and have a good laugh with each other.
22. “Never forget who was with you from the start.”
-Ziad K. Abdelnour.
23. “We didn’t realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun.”
- A. A. Milne, 'Winnie The Pooh'.
24. "Be careful who you make memories with. Those can last a lifetime."
25. “Most people have relatives, but whether you'd want them is another matter - apart from mothers, that is, everyone likes mum.”
26. “As in many families, relatives sometimes follow different paths through life. And my sisters and I, never did get to know these elder cousins, aunts and uncles.”
27. “Again the cousin's whistle! Go, my love.”
28. “Infatuation is not quite the same thing as love; it's more like love's shady second cousin who's always borrowing money and can't hold down a job.”
29. “Obviously, I've seen what the press has done to my cousins.”
30. “If you cannot get rid of the family skeleton, you may as well make it dance.”
-George Bernard Shaw.
31. “The more distant the cousin relationship, the more distant the grandparents those cousins share, the distance being in the number of generations and years that separate them.”
32. “Zoo animals are ambassadors for their cousins in the wild.”
33. “Sometimes family doesn’t always consist of your relatives or by blood. Sometimes your best friends can feel more like family than your cousins.”
-Michael B. Jordon.
34. “I'm always the cousin that can't make it to the family functions because I'm busy.”
-Taraji P. Henson.
35. “When you go through an accident together, when you go through a traumatic event, sometimes that brings you closer together.”
-Michael B. Jordan.
36. “God made us cousins because He knew our mothers could not handle us as siblings.”
Cute Cousin Quotes
Share any of these cute cousin quotes with the most important members of your family tree (who double up as your best friends) to give them more power. Why not ask them to pick their favorite cousin quote?
37. "Always better together."
38. "In the cookie of life, friends are the chocolate chips."
39. “Cousins are those rare people who ask how we are and then wait to hear the answer.”
40. “Little kids love their cousins. I'm not being cute or exaggerating here. Cousins are like celebrities for little kids.”
41. “When our relatives are at home, we have to think of their good points or it would be impossible to endure them. But when they are away, we console ourselves for their absence by dwelling on their vices.”
-George Bernard Shaw.
42. “My little cousin tells me I look like Magneto so I guess that's who I should probably play.”
43. “Use the right word and not its second cousin.”
44. “If that should not be, cousin, I say: patience and shuffle the cards.”
-Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra.
45. “We’ve had cloning in the South for years. It’s called cousins.”
46. “We are wild and fierce. We do not wait for invitations.”
Friendship Quotes For Cousins
Some quotes for your best cousins are given below.
47. “Cousins are friends that will love you forever."
48. “Friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the cousins together.”
49. "Cousins are people that are ready made friends, you have laughs with them and remember good times from a young age..."
50. “Born as a cousin, made as a friend.”
51. “A real friend is someone who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.”
52. “Cousins are part of your life so stick with cuz not friends.”
53. “Family members can be your best friends, you know. And best friends, whether or not they are related to you, can be your family.”
-Trenton Lee Stewart.
Sweet Cousin Quotes
Some sweet cousin quotes for the sweet people are given below. These quotes are great for expressing love to your cousin.
54. “Other things may change us, but we start and end with family.”
55. “Cousins are childhood playmates who grow up to be forever friends.”
56. “Cousins by blood – friends by choice.”
57. “You don’t choose your family. They are God’s gift to you, as you are to them.”
58. “... the ultimate reason for attending family gatherings is for your children to have the time of their lives with their cousins.”
59. ‘I always call my cousin because we’re so close. We’re almost like sisters, and we’re also close because our moms are sisters.’
60. “Our dads used to do this, and now us cousins always get together for it.”
61. “Would I lay down my life to save my brother? No, but I would to save two brothers or eight cousins.”
-John B. S. Haldane.
62. “Cousins by chance, friends by choice.”
Love Quotes For Cousins
Some love cousin quotes are given below.
63. “In my cousin, I find a second self.”
64. “When I walk, I walk with you. Where I go, you’re with me always.”
65. “At Christmas, cousins are the presents under the tree.”
66. “Happiness has a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city.”
67. “We must take care of our families wherever we find them.”
68. “An ounce of blood is worth more than a pound of friendship.”
69. “You know, all my songs are relatives, brothers, sisters, cousins.”
70. “Family is family and is not determined by marriage certificates, divorce papers, and adoption documents. Families are made in the heart.”
-C. Joybell, C.
71. “Cousins are the barometers of how fun a family get-together will be. Are the cousins going to be there? Fun!”
Famous Cousin Quotes
Some famous cousin quotes for your favorite people are given below.
72. “Cousins are sisters you never had.”
73. “Cousins, because parents couldn’t handle us as sisters.”
74. “Within our family, there was no such thing as a person who did not matter. Second cousins thrice removed mattered.”
75. “When I go home to Pennsylvania, my cousins who live in small towns and are twenty-three with kids are like 'Krysten, when are you getting married?'”
76. “Cousins are sisters or brothers you never had.”
77. “I couldn't imagine what it would be like to be one of so many, to have not just parents and siblings but cousins and aunts and uncles, an entire tribe to claim as your own.”
78. “Our cousins and ancestors were no less curious than we are, and were perhaps bolder.”
79. “If you are going to be successful, you need to give up the phrase, 'I can't' and all of its cousins, such as 'I wish I were able to.'”
80. “A near neighbor is better than a distant cousin.”
81. “How often we find ourselves turning our backs on our actual friends, that we might go and meet their ideal cousins.”
-Henry David Thoreau.
82. “Dread Lord and cousin, may the almighty preserve your reverence and lordship in long life and good fortune.”
— Owain Glyndwr.
83. “I may argue with my brother, but I fight beside my brother against my cousin, and with my cousin against a stranger.”
-Old Arab adage.
84. “If you're lucky, a cousin is there from the beginning.”
85. “If you have 30 cousins, it’s pretty easy.”
-Joseph P. Kennedy.
At Kidadl, we have created lots of family-friendly quotes for everyone! If you liked these cousin quotes, why not check out these [niece quotes] or [nephew quotes] too?
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at email@example.com
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.