The realm of traditional art and craft has expanded its horizon to many new creative avenues like scrapbooking, fluid art, macramé, and more.
Art and craft have always been valued but the popularity has risen in modern times with people exploring new tools, styles, and media, in traditional crafts as well as contemporary crafts. New craft genres like scrapbooking, card making, altered art, up-cycling, mixed media, decoupage, are gaining enthusiasm and recognition.
Everything can be made with machines but nothing compares to something made with hands and the heart, as the best craft quotes suggest. The appreciation and demand for handcrafted things are on the rise. Making with hands, in the personal craft room, is the trend of the day. Inspiring craftsmanship quotes and creative quotes about various crafts helps maintain a positive vibe!
Creativity is something that needs to be unleashed, explored, and expressed. Poets, writers, artists, craftsmen, crafters, everybody specializes in a particular kind of craft. Craft quotes express emotions about creativity, how can one use one’s head and heart to capture memories, mood, feelings in unique ways.
Best Craft Quotes
Whether it’s art or crafts, everything about creativity involves feelings. Creativity cannot be exhausted, as explained by some of the best craft quotes. There’s always something new to explore. Some of the finest craft quotes work as motivation for artists, poets, writers, and a craftsmen, all people who are involved in creative fields.
1. “Craft makes our homes more human.”
- Ilse Crawford.
2. "Craft is the vehicle for expressing your vision. Craft is the visible edge of art.”
- David Bayles.
3. “Almost all creativity requires purposeful play.”
– Abraham Maslow.
4. “Being literate as a writer is good craft…”
– Douglas Adams.
5. “We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master.”
– Ernest Hemingway.
6. “Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced.”
- Leo Tolstoy.
7. “Writing is a craft, being an author is work, and having readers and a following is a gift.”
- Michael J. Kannengieser.
8. “Surround yourself with people you can always learn something from. Always work with people that are better at their craft than you are.”
9. “Art can't be taught; passion can't be taught….but craft can be taught. And writing is both an art and a craft.”
- Elizabeth George.
10. “It is not enough to know your craft - you have to have feeling….for us imagination is worth far more.”
11. “There's no shortcut to learning a craft; you just have to put the years in.”
- Kylie Minogue.
12. “Craft is passionately creating something with your hands.”
– Sarah Chatterton.
13. “Love is well stocked craft room.”
14. “Hands can cook, hands can create, hands can kill. There is no better tool than our hands.”
- Amit Kalantri.
15. “The discipline of creation, be it to paint, compose, write, is an effort towards wholeness.”
― Madeleine L'Engle.
16. The Craft was what it was. People who respond to that movie respond to it really strongly.”
- Robin Tunney.
17. “No one masters his craft the first day.”
- Roman Proverb.
18. “Drawing makes you see things clearer, and clearer and clearer still, until your eyes ache.”
- David Hockney.
19. "The artist who aims at perfection in everything achieves it in nothing."
- Eugene Delacroix.
Famous Craft Quotes
Creativity is something no one can take away from you. As well-known craft quotes mention, it’s about your effort, and your imagination. Quotes about craft says, the more you use, the more is generated. This mixed bag of art and craft quotes has something for every craftsman!
20. “The difference between an artist and a craftsman is that a craftsman is interested in his or her tools and an artist disdains them.”
– Richard Benson.
21. “Art that submits to orthodoxy…but lacks imagination and deep self-expression is lost leaving only the craftsmanship.”
– Andre Gide.
22. “The moment a man begins to talk about technique that’s proof that he is fresh out of ideas.”
– Raymond Chandler.
23. “I think …the most interesting work done in fields where people don’t think they’re doing art but are merely practicing a craft and working as good craftsmen.”
– Douglas Adams.
24. "I am not skilled enough or energetic enough to craft a persona. I just have to be who I am and hope people like it."
- Pete Buttigieg.
25. “Songwriting is kind of like a craft. It's not something that just comes in a dream. You've got to work at it.”
- Sean Lennon.
26. “Art has the role in education of helping children become like themselves instead of more like everyone else.”
– Sydney Gurewitz Clemens.
27. “The artist is not a special kind of person; rather each person is a special kind of artist.”
– Ananda Coomaraswamy.
28. “A work of art is a world in itself reflecting senses and emotions of the artist’s world.”
– Hans Hofmann.
29. “I don’t know if love is a well-stocked craft room, but I know a well-stocked craft room is the sign of a lot of money well (or not so well) spent.”
30. “I consider myself a laborer, building my career brick over brick under the sun.”
31. “Craft against craft makes no living.”
– George Herbert.
32. “Work done by you with unconditional love and pure devotion goes straight in the category of divine and immortal craft.”
- Seema Brain Openers.
33. “When you make music or write or create, it's really your job to have mind-blowing…idea...”
34. “…A craftsman only. But I dream to be an artist…I will make a weapon that is a work of art. Call me an artist then…”
– William Goldman.
Inspiring Craft Quotes
Everyone needs motivation and what’s better than crafting quotes? Whether you are crafting with words, paints, or scrapbooking supplies in your craft room, inspiring craft quotes are like a breath of fresh air!
35. “He who works with his hands is a laborer. He who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman. He who works with his hands and his head and his heart is an artist.”
― Francis of Assisi.
36. “There are two men inside the artist, the poet and the craftsman. One is born a poet. One becomes a craftsman.”
– Emile Zola.
37. “Without craftsmanship, inspiration is a mere reed shaken in the wind.”
– Johannes Brahms.
38. “Everything a writer learns about the art or craft of fiction takes just a little away from his need or desire to write at all. In the end he knows all the tricks and has nothing to say.”
– Raymond Chandler.
39. “The life so short, the craft so long to learn.”
40. “You either create something and you keep it a secret and you die with it, or you can benefit the craft.”
41. “You want to be a bit compulsive in your art or craft or whatever you do.”
– Steve Martin.
42. “You should put time into learning your craft. It seems like people want success so quickly, way before they're ready.”
- Lucinda Williams.
43. “I sometimes ponder on variation form and it seems to me it ought to be more restrained, purer.”
- Johannes Brahms.
44. “I believe in a passion for inclusion.”
- Lady Gaga.
45. “The field of creativity that exists within each individual is freed by moving out of ideas of wrong-doing or right doing.”
– Angeles Arrien.
46. “I went from years of honing my craft to sudden recognition. It was quite a life changer.”
- Kathy Bates.
47. “And I believe that the best learning process of any kind of craft is just to look at the work of others.”
- Wole Soyinka.
48. “Every secret of a writer's soul, every experience of his life…, is written large in his works.”
– Virginia Woolf.
49. “Craft is creating with my hands from my heart and having control over the whole process...”
– Helen Hallows.
50. “Being made by human hands, the craft is made for human hands: we can not only see it but caress it with our fingers.”
- Malcolm McCollough.
51. “I think of craft as work that the designer has put a little piece of their heart and soul into.”
– Sarah Dukes.
52. “Craft is all about using the skills...The time and love that goes into each item is breathtaking…!”
– Chris & Hannah.
53. “Craft means great products, individually and lovingly made by a creator who cares.”
– Judy Cramp.
54. “I think people want something a bit different and not mass produced, and they value the love and skill that goes into something a person has made.”
– Emily Winter.
55. “Creativity is an area in which younger people have a tremendous advantage, since they have an endearing habit of always questioning past wisdom and authority.”
– Bill Hewlett.
56. “Craft is certainly an application of skill, and it may yet involve the skilled hands.”
- Malcolm McCollough.
Funny Craft Quotes
Crafting does not always mean working with wood, metal, or scrapbooking paper. In their effort to master their crafts, poets, writers, actors, leave humorous craft quotes to keep people amused.
57. “Craft is a trick you make up to let you write the poem.”
- Anne Sexton.
58. “Well you can’t teach the poetry, but you can teach the craft.”
– David Hockney.
59. “The chief enemy of creativity is ‘good’ sense.”
- Pablo Picasso.
60. “Before undertaking his craft, the artisan first sharpens his tools.”
- Chinese Proverb.
61. “The craft or art of writing is the clumsy attempt to find symbols for the wordlessness.”
- John Steinbeck.
62. “The best craftsmanship always leaves holes and gaps…so that something that is not in the poem can creep, crawl, flash or thunder in.”
– Dylan Thomas.
63. “Poets have a sense of place. My place was London, and I sang about it.”
64. “I told my husband see I can fit all my craft supplies in a box. He said stop calling our house a box.”
65. "Craft can get you through ninety percent of a piece, but it's art that carries you at the end."
- Stephen Graham Jones.
66. “The moment you cheat for the sake of beauty, you know you're an artist.”
- David Hockney.
67. “When I'm problem-solving with something, I have…a …program in my head…I go to some deal of effort…Textures and smells, something like that.”
- Jamie Hyneman.
68. “…I thought, I can't think how anyone can become a director without learning the craft of cinematography.”
- Nicolas Roeg.
69. “The English may not always be the best writers in the world, but they are incomparably the best dull writers.”
- Raymond Chandler.
70. “I am a craftoholic on the road to recovery, just kidding, I am on the road to my craft room!”
71. “Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes, and having fun.”
– Mary Lou Cook.
72. “When people tell me they are going to go scrapbooking, I say, 'Why don't you make it yourself.'...”
- Amy Sedaris.
73. “...women…are at a clear advantage when it comes to… sharing, bonding… scrapbooking…”
- Sandra Tsing Loh.
Craft Quotes For Instagram
How can your craft snapshots on Instagram go without apt craft quotes? These short and punchy craft quotes fit will the purpose the best!
74. “Creativity is intelligence having fun.”
– Albert Einstein.
75. “The only thing you have then to believe in is your craft.”
- Frank Langella.
76. “My husband let’s me have all the craft supplies I can hide.”
77. “Your craft is comprehensive if it represents you.”
- Unarine Ramaru.
78. “Art without heart is craft.”
- Eric Gibbons.
79. “Craft is a way of life. It permeates everything you do.”
– Zoe Bateman.
80. "In crafting, there are no mistakes, just unique creations."
81. “Imagination is more important than knowledge.”
– Albert Einstein.
82. “Crafting comes in the dictionary before housework as it should.”
83. “What happens in the craft room often spills out into the rest of the house.”
84. “Art is as natural as sunshine and as vital as nourishment.”
– MaryAnn F. Kohl.
85. “Crafting is putting ideas into action and then holding together with an inexpensive adhesive.”
- Amy Sedaris.
86. “Perfecting your craft is one of the main keys in being successful.”
- A Boogie wit da Hoodie.
87. “Craft is my lifeline.”
– Laura Edwards.
88. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.”
– Maya Angelou.
89. “Creative isn’t the way I think, it’s the way I like to live.”
– Paul Sandip.
90. “Being creative is not a hobby, it is a way of life.”
Arty Scrapbooking Quotes For Your Scrapbooking Memories
Life is like art; it’s something you create with your craftsman skills in the house and outside. While scrapbooking your memories from your life, these arts and craft quotes will help you to express them better!
91. “Life is the art of drawing without an eraser.”
– John W. Gardner.
92. “The only thing I know is that I paint because I need to.”
- Frida Kahlo.
93. “The great artist is the simplifier.”
- Vincent Van Gogh.
94. “Places seem to me to have some kind of memories, in that they activate memories in those who look at them.”
- W. G. Sebald.
95. “In dreams and in love there are no impossibilities.”
– Janos Arany.
96. “I have found that all of my memories seem to need a place…”
- Siri Hustvedt.
97. “Nothing great in the world has been accomplished without passion.”
– Georg Wilhelm Hegel.
98. “There's no one like me. No one.”
- Israel Adesanya.
99. “The more you reason the less you create.”
- Raymond Chandler.
100. “For it is in giving that we receive.”
- Francis of Assisi.
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at email@example.com.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for the best craft quotes to inspire your creativity, then why not take a look at Kintsugi quotes or bullet journal quotes.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.