Critical thinking is the formation of a judgment based upon the analysis of facts.
It is the ability to think in a clear and rational manner, and to understand how ideas can be connected. Critical thinking might even be described as the ability to reflect upon oneself and form independent thoughts.
Critical thinking has been the subject of much debate throughout world history and culture. The ancient Greeks, in particular, were famous for their quotes on critical thinking. In essence, it is about being an active learner rather than a passive recipient of information and requires your ability to use more reason. Critical thinking is important in order to develop an enquiring mind and to push yourself and those around you to achieve great things.
You can use quotes on critical thinking and analysis of facts to help inspire others. Our list of critical thinking quotes about the analysis of facts is sure to leave you feeling more thoughtful and inspired.
If you like this list of quotes on critical thinking, check out [opinion quotes] and [quotes about thinking] too.
Critical Thinking Quotes About Education And Learning
Many people believe that critical thinking is and should be an essential part of the world’s education process. If our children are not taught to think for themselves and are simply spoon-fed knowledge of others, it denies them the ability to find purpose and grow more as successful people, as critical thinkers. If you’ve ever felt this way, you will love our compilation of critical thinking quotes and critical thinking sayings, which are essential to the learning process. Which quote is your favorite?
1. "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
2. “The most fundamental attack on freedom is the attack on critical thinking.”
- Travis Nichols.
3. “Critical thinking and curiosity are the key to creativity.”
- Amala Akkineni.
4. “Critical thinking is not something you do once with an issue and then drop it. It requires that we update our knowledge as new information comes in.”
- Daniel Levitin.
5. “The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.”
- Christopher Hitchens.
6. “Always be honest with yourself, know your own motives for what they are, good or bad, make your own decisions firmly and justly - and you will be a fine, strong character, of some real use in this muddled world of ours!”
- Enid Blyton, ‘Summer Term At St Clare’s’.
7. “Who questions much, shall learn much, and retain much.”
- Francis Bacon.
8. “Be willing to ask questions about what is taken for granted. Try to think things through for yourself.”
- Noam Chomsky, 2010.
9. “The ability to reflect is associated with critical thinking and reasoning ability. And the capacity to be alone is one of the highest levels of development.”
- Laurie Helgoe.
10. “The purpose of critical thinking is rethinking: that is, reviewing, evaluating, and revising thought.”
- Jon Stratton.
11. “Do not indoctrinate your children. Teach them how to think for themselves, how to evaluate evidence, and how to disagree with you.”
- Richard Dawkins
12. "Man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes."
- Mahatma Gandhi.
13. “When your mind is full of assumptions, conclusions, and beliefs, it has no penetration, it just repeats past impressions.”
14. “Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood.”
- Marie Curie.
15. “The beginning of wisdom is found in doubting; by doubting we come to question, and by seeking we may come upon the truth.”
- Pierre Abelard.
Critical Thinking Quotes About Analysis Of Facts
Critical thinking requires analyzing facts to come to a judgment. Critical thinkers are people who uncover the truth in this world, whatever that might be. Here are some quotes about critical thinking and reflection quotes about the analysis of facts, and we are sure they will make you more mindful of your everyday thoughts!
16. "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."
- William Bruce Cameron.
17. “Truth has nothing to do with the conclusion, and everything to do with the methodology.”
- Stefan Molyneux.
18. “The matter with human beans, is that they is absolutely refusing to believe anything unless they is actually seeing it right in front of their own schnozzles.”
- BFG, Roald Dahl, ‘The BFG’.
19. “The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual’s own reason and critical analysis.”
- Dalai Lama.
20. “We can have facts without thinking but we cannot have thinking without facts.”
- John Dewey.
21. “Persecution is the first law of society because it is always easier to suppress criticism than to meet it.”
- Howard Mumford Jones.
22. “Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.”
- Aldous Huxley.
23. “Impossible is not a fact. It’s an opinion... Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.”
- Muhammad Ali.
24. “Whenever we hear an opinion and believe it, we make an agreement, and it becomes part of our belief system.”
- Miguel Angel Ruiz.
25. “True genius resides in the capacity for evaluation of uncertain, hazardous, and conflicting information.”
- Winston Churchill.
Critical Thinking Quotes About Science
The role of critical thinking in people has been essential for the evolution of science. Thinking skills and the analysis of facts have had an immense impact on major discoveries by people throughout history. We have compiled a list of more quotes regarding the importance of critical thinking quotes about science, which we are sure will inspire you and your family!
26. “Evidence-based reasoning underpins all scientific thinking.”
- Priyamvada Natarajan.
27. “It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data.”
- Sherlock Holmes, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, ‘A Study In Scarlett’.
28. “Facts speak louder than statistics.”
- Mr. Justice Streatfield, 1950.
29. "Statistics are no substitute for judgment."
- Henry Clay.
30. “You can only form the mind of reasoning animals upon Facts: nothing else will ever be of any service to them.”
- Mr. Gradgrind, Charles Dickens, ‘Hard Times’.
31. “Science is facts; just as houses are made of stone, so is science made of facts; but a pile of stones is not a house, and a collection of facts is not necessarily science.”
- Jules Henri Poincaré.
32. “Science can only ascertain what is, but not what should be, and outside of its domain value judgments of all kinds remain necessary.”
- Albert Einstein.
33. “A point of view can be a dangerous luxury when substituted for insight and understanding.”
- Marshall McLuhan.
34. “If you do not know how to ask the right question, you discover nothing.”
- W. Edward Deming.
35. “The important thing in science is not so much to obtain new facts as to discover new ways of thinking about them.”
- Sir William Bragg.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for 35 of the best critical thinking quotes about the analysis of facts, then why not take a look at these [overthinking quotes] or [criticism quotes] too?
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.