Cruise quotes are the perfect way to understand your love for ships, traveling, and water.
A cruise is a sea voyage that is a great way to see the world. You travel on a large cruise ship with other passengers, docking in different ports around the world to explore, but sleeping and eating on the ship.
Cruising is the perfect way to explore the sea and enjoy the blue waters. The world of cruising is a different world altogether, for many it brings a new perspective to life.
Travel quotes are great, but when combined with a lovely cruise ship, they because cruising quotes and sayings, which are even better! Cruise quotes are perfect for any person who loves the sea. If you like general cruise travel quotes or funny cruise quotes, you have come to the right place.
These cruise travel quotes from John F Kennedy, Ray Bradbury and more, are arranged in multiple categories. These cruise sayings might even inspire you to pack your bags and hit the sea! If you like these cruising and sailing quotes, check out these boat quotes and sailing quotes to discover new quotes for the ocean.
Famous Cruise Travel Quotes
Many famous philosophers, sailors, and travelers have described their love for the sea. Life in the waters is beautiful and these quotes will capture that feeling and inspiration! Read on to find the best inspirational cruise sayings from the ones below. You can even use these cruise quotes as social media captions for your lovely vacation photos!
1. “To move, to breathe, to fly, to boat, to gain all while you give, to roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live.”
- Hans Christian Andersen.
2. “I tore myself away from the safe comfort of certainties through my love for truth - and truth rewarded me."
- Simone de Beauvoir.
3. “Throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
- Mark Twain.
4. “Appreciate the journey, and recognize your strength.”
- Susan Wiggs.
5. “You haven’t loved until you’ve sailed.”
6. “Without patience, a sailor I would never be.”
– Lee Allred.
7. “Time and tide wait for no man.”
– St. Marher.
8. “There are three sorts of people; those who are alive, those who are dead, and those who are at sea.”
– Old Capstan Chantey attributed to Anacharsis, 6th Century BC.
9. “Never a ship sails out of a bay, but carries my heart as a stowaway.”
-Roselle Mercier Montgomery.
10. “If you never lose sight of the shore, you’re not on a voyage of discovery. You’re on a day cruise.”
― J. Earp.
11. "Why do we love the sea? It is because it has some potent power to make us think things we like to think."
12. “At sea, I learned how little a person needs, not how much.”
– Robin Lee Graham.
13. “Ships at a distance have every man’s wish on board.”
– Zora Neale Hurston.
14. “A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions.”
- Oliver Wendell Holmes.
15. “The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.”
― Marcel Proust.
16. “The days pass happily with me wherever my ship sails.”
17. “The cure for anything is saltwater – sweat, tears, or the sea.”
18. “It is not that life ashore is distasteful to me. But life at sea is better.”
-Sir Francis Drake.
19. “Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”
20. “He that will not sail till all dangers are over must never put to sea.”
21. "The great difference between voyages rests not with the ships, but with the people you meet on them."
-Amelia E. Barr.
22. “The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.”
– William Arthur Ward.
23. “The goal is not to sail the boat, but rather to help the boat sail herself.”
– John Rousmaniere.
24. “A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor.”
-Franklin D Roosevelt.
25. “In a calm sea, everyone is a pilot.”
The Best Cruising Travel Quotes
Cruise travel is an adventure in the waters. A cruise ship moves through beautiful seas to visit different lands. Cruise lines can explore lands that might be too remote to travel by road. More and more people are now appreciating the wonders of sailing and water traveling as they witness the serenity found at sea. Can you find your favorite cruise travel quote from the ones given below?
26. "A full moon sprinkled the black ocean with diamonds, and she could imagine fairies dancing in the silver foam that laced the huge, dark waves.”
- Patricia Hagan.
27. “I have found out there ain't no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them.”
― Mark Twain.
28. “In life, it's not where you go, it's who you travel with.”
– Charles M Schulz.
29. “I travel because seeing photos in books and brochures wasn’t good enough for me. To be there, that was everything.”
30. “There is no unhappiness like the misery of sighting land (and work) again after a cheerful, careless voyage."
- Mark Twain.
31. "You'll find us chasing the sun."
— The Wanted, 'Chasing The Sun'.
32. “Once you have traveled, the voyage never ends… The mind can never break off from the journey.”
– Pat Conroy.
33. “We travel, initially, to lose ourselves, and we travel, next, to find ourselves.”
– Ray Bradbury.
34. “We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment.”
– Hilaire Belloc.
35. “We travel, initially, to lose ourselves, and we travel, next to find ourselves.”
– Pico Iyer.
36. “I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move.”
― Robert Louis Stevenson.
37. “Ship’s at a distance have every man’s wish on board.”
-Zora Neale Hurston.
38. “You need not even listen, just wait… the world will offer itself freely to you, unmasking itself.”
– Franz Kafka.
39. “We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment.”
– Hilaire Belloc.
40. “Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.”
– Gustave Flaubert.
41. “Travel expands the mind and fills the gap.”
– Sheda Savage.
42. “Take the time to put the camera away and gaze in wonder at what’s there in front of you.”
– Erick Widman.
43. “Travelling tends to magnify all human emotions.”
– Peter Hoeg.
44. “May your adventures bring you closer together, even as they take you far away from home.”
– Trenton Lee Stewart.
45. “When a man is a traveller, the world is his house and the sky is his roof, where he hangs his hat is his home, and all the people are his family.”
- Drew Bundini Brown.
46. "‘I’m bored’ is a useless thing to say. You live in a great, big, vast world that you’ve seen non-percent of."
– Louis C.K.
47. “The most beautiful in the world is, of course, the world itself.”
48. “Travel and change of place impart new vigor to the mind.”
49. “Our battered suitcases were piled on the sidewalk again; we had longer ways to go. But no matter, the road is life.”
50. “All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.”
Inspirational Cruise Travel Quotes
The sea inspires and motivates one to explore life beyond our own land. More and more often, people travel to gain new insights on life and dwell in wonder. Here are some inspirational cruise ship quotes that will help you understand the love of the sea and the power of cruise traveling.
51. “It liberates the vandal to travel."
- Mark Twain.
52. “Anchor as though you plan to stay for weeks, even if you intend to leave in an hour.”
– Tommy Moran.
53. “Make voyages. Attempt them. There’s nothing else.”
― Tennessee Williams.
54. “The life you have led doesn’t need to be the only life you have.”
– Anna Quindlen.
55. “Time flies. It’s up to you to be the navigator.”
– Robert Orben.
56. “It’s out there at sea that you are really yourself.”
57. “When the draught of your vessel exceeds the depth of the water, you are most assuredly, aground.”
– Ian Walsh.
58. “Any fool can carry on, but a wise man knows how to shorten sail in time.”
59. “The journey, not the arrival matters.”
60. “The goal is not to sail the boat, but rather to help the boat sail herself.”
61. “A ship in port is safe, but that’s not what ships are built for.”
-John A Shedd.
62. "One doesn't discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time."
63. “We must free ourselves of the hope that the sea will ever rest. We must learn to sail in high winds.”
64. “Sea life’s beauty. Don’t get so tide down on work that you miss out on life’s beautiful waves.”
65. “The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we stand as in what direction we are moving.”
-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
66. “Old and young, we are all on our last cruise.”
– Robert Stevenson.
67. "Travel makes a wise man better but a fool worse."
– Thomas Fuller.
68. “Not all those who wander are lost.”
69. “Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.”
-Ralph Waldo Emerson.
70. “We travel, some of us forever, to seek other states, other lives, other souls.”
71. “We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm, and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.”
– Jawaharlal Nehru.
72. “Never in my life have I experienced such beauty and fear at the same time.”
– Ellen MacArthur.
73. "Like all great travellers, I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen."
– Benjamin Disraeli.
74. "Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves.”
-Henry David Thoreau.
75. "Once you have travelled, the voyage never ends, but is played out over and over again in the quietest chambers. The mind can never break off from the journey."
– Pat Conroy.
76. "Bizarre travel plans are dancing lessons from God."
– Kurt Vonnegut.
The sea is a magical place. Life slows down, the mind eases, and the smile blooms when at sea. Sailing, cruising and the mere sight of the sea is enchanting. We have the most beautiful quotes that capture the essence of the sea here. You'll love these cruising quotes.
77. “I wanted freedom, open air and adventure. I found it on the sea.”
78. “The Sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever.”
79. “There is nothing more enticing, disenchanting, and enslaving than the life at sea.”
80. "When you're on a golden sea, you don’t need no memory. Just a place to call your own, as we drift into the zone."
— Weezer, 'Island In The Sun'.
81. “The wind and the waves are always on the side of the ablest navigator.”
– Edmund Gibbon.
82. “When a man comes to like a sea life, he is not fit to live on land.”
– Dr. Samuel Johnson.
83. “A sailor is an artist whose medium is the wind.”
– Webb Chiles.
84. “There is nothing, absolutely nothing half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.”
– Kenneth Grahame.
85. “Smell the sea and feel the sky. Let your soul and spirit fly.”
– Van Morrison.
86. “Let me sail the open sea. To breathe the warm and salty air and dream of things to be.”
– Erica Billups.
87. “Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.”
– Ralph Waldo Emerson.
88. “The sea is an underwater museum still awaiting its visitors.”
– Phillip Diole.
89. “The sea always filled her with longing, though for what she was never sure.”
– Cornelia Funke.
90. “The sea appears all golden. Beneath the sun-lit sky.”
– Heinrich Heine.
91. "Meet me where the sky touches the sea."
– Jennifer Donnelly.
92. "We got no troubles
Life is the Bubbles
Under the Sea."
– The Little Mermaid, 'Under The Sea'.
93. “The sea does not like to be restrained.”
-Rick Riordan, 'The Lightning Thief'.
94. “We are like islands in the sea, separate on the surface but connected on the deep.”
95. “The heart of man is very much like the sea, it has its storms, it has its tides and in its depths it has its pearls too.”
-Vincent van Gogh, 'The Letters Of Vincent Van Gogh'.
96. “Individually, we are one drop. Together, we are an ocean.”
97. “There’s nothing more beautiful than the way the ocean refuses to stop kissing the shoreline, no matter how many times it’s sent away.”
98. “Dance with the waves, move with the sea, let the rhythm of the water set your soul free.”
-Christy Ann Martine.
99. “We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch – we are going back from whence we came.”
-John F. Kennedy.
100. “The ocean stirs the heart, inspires the imagination and brings eternal joy to the soul.”
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you like our suggestions for cruise quotes, then why not take a look at these funny travel quotes or [ocean quotes] too?
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.