Cycling gives a sense of freedom to all riders.
On a bike, you can leave the stress behind and pedal your way into a carefree world. The simplicity of riding a bicycle is beautiful.
For many, bike rides are more exciting than riding sports cars or any jet plane travel as it gives you a sense of freedom and control over your life. It is great to cycle every day. For a beginner, about 30 minutes of cycling is good, or perhaps trying to cycle five miles a day.
We have got a list of the best quotes about cycling said by famous personalities like Albert Einstein, Greg LeMond, Scott Stoll, Arthur Conan Doyle, Eddy Merckx, John Lennon, John F Kennedy, and more. In this list of inspirational cycling quotes, there are also some funny cycling quotes, and indoor cycling quotes to motivate you. For more inspirational quotes, you can check out these [biking quotes] and outdoor quotes too.
Motivational Cycling Quotes
Some motivational and inspirational cycling quotes to encourage you to go out into the world on your bike are given below.
1. “Crashing is part of cycling as crying is part of love.”
2. “When the spirits are low, when the day appears dark, when work becomes monotonous, when hope hardly seems worth having, just mount a bicycle and go out for a spin down the road, without thought on anything but the ride you are taking.”
-Arthur Conan Doyle.
3. “Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.”
4. “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them.”
5. “There is beauty in silence and there is silence in beauty and you can find both in a bicycle!”
-Mehmet Murat İldan.
6. “Think of bicycles as rideable art that can just about save the world.”
7. “In order to succeed, you have to fail, no? You ride a bicycle, you fail; you try a few times, you succeed.”
8. “Bicycles may change, but cycling is timeless.”
9. “There is nothing, absolutely nothing, quite so worthwhile as simply messing about on bicycles.”
10. "As long as I breathe, I attack."
Famous Quotes About Cycling
Some famous bicycle quotes to make the world passionate about it are given below. Find the best quote from your favorite cyclist down below.
11. “Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of riding a bike.”
–John F Kennedy.
12. “Beyond pain there is a whole universe of more pain.”
13. “My whole day is built around meetings that can be achieved around bike rides. My contract actually offers me a free car from my home to my office and back, but I suppose I am addicted to cycling.”
- Jon Snow.
14. “Riding a bike is everything to a cyclist. The friendship and camaraderie you have with other cyclists…vto a cyclist, it was the be-all and end-all of your life.”
15. “The bicycle has done more for the emancipation of women than anything else in the world.”
-Susan B. Anthony.
16. “The bicycle is the noblest invention of mankind.”
17. “Bicycle means simplicity and simplicity means happiness!”
-Mehmet Murat İldan.
18. “I used to work in a bank when I was younger and to me it doesn’t matter whether it’s raining or the sun is shining or whatever: as long as I’m riding a bike I know I’m the luckiest guy in the world.”
19. “Life is like a ten speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use.”
-Charles M. Schulz.
20. “My two favourite things in life are libraries and bicycles. They both move people forward without wasting anything. The perfect day: riding a bike to the library.”
21. “Nature loves bicycle because no harm to nature comes from the bicycle!”
-Mehmet Murat İldan.
The Best Quotes About Cycling
A list of the best inspirational cycling quotes to encourage you to ride a bicycle is given below.
22. “Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.”
- H .G. Wells.
23. “Whoever invented the bicycle deserves the thanks of humanity.”
-Lord Charles Beresford.
24. “The bicycle is just as good company as most husbands and, when it gets old and shabby, a woman can dispose of it and get a new one without shocking the entire community.”
25. “The finest mode of transport known to man.”
-Adam Hart Davis.
26. “Truly, the bicycle is the most influential piece of product design ever.”
27. “She who succeeds in gaining the mastery of the bicycle will gain the mastery of life.”
-Susan B. Anthony.
28. “Cycling isn’t a game, it is a sport, tough, hard and unpitying, and it requires great sacrifices. One plays football, or tennis or hockey. One doesn’t play at cycling.”
-Jean de Gribaldy.
29. “My fear isn’t crashing this bike at 85 miles per hour and losing my skin. It is sitting in my chair at 90 and thinking, 'I wish I’d done more.'”
30. “When your legs scream stop and your lungs are bursting, that’s when it starts. That’s the hurt locker. Winners love it in there.”
31. “You don’t know how good you are until you actually get out on a bike and get riding.”
32. "If you don’t ride in the rain, you don’t ride."
33. “Young riders pick a destination and go… Old riders pick a direction and go.”
Inspirational Cycling Quotes
A list of inspirational cycling quotes is given below. We hope you feel motivated reading these quotes.
34. “A bicycle ride around the world begins with a single pedal stroke.”
35. “I have always struggled to achieve excellence. One thing that cycling has taught me is that if you can achieve something without a struggle, it’s not going to be satisfying.”
36. “And if you love it, not much can sour you on the idea of riding your bike.”
37. “When it’s hurting you, that’s when you can make a difference.”
38. “Belief in yourself and your cycling goals is the ignition switch that gets you off the sofa and onto your bike.”
39. “Your cycling goals should be out of reach but never out of sight.”
40. “Learn to ride a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live.”
- Mark Twain.
41. “The bike will transform anyone who is willing to let it happen.”
42. “Those who wish to control their own lives and move beyond existence as mere clients and consumers—those people ride a bike.”
43. “Life may not be about your bike, but it sure can help you get through it.”
44. “Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass: it’s about learning how to ride in the rain!”
45. “Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.”
-Hunter S. Thompson.
46. "I relax by taking my bicycle apart and putting it back together again."
47. “Four wheels move the body, Two wheels move the soul.”
48. “I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn’t work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.”
49. “My bike is my gym, my wheelchair, and my church all in one. I’d like to ride my bike all day long but I’ve got this thing called a job that keeps getting in the way.”
50. “I worry about kids today not having time to build a treehouse or ride a bike or go fishing. I worry that life is getting faster and faster.”
51. “If your day job keeps you from riding as much as you’d like, you aren’t as fast as you think you are.”
Quotes To Encourage Cycling
A list of quotes to encourage you to ride a bike is given below.
52. “Ride as much or as little, as long or as short as you feel. But ride.”
53. “Don’t buy upgrades, ride upgrades.”
54. “If you go (with a break), you can either win or not win. If you don’t go for it, you definitely won’t win.”
55. “Nothing compares to getting your heart rate up to 170-something, riding hard for an hour-twenty, getting off and not hurting, as opposed to 24 minutes of running, at the end of which I hurt.”
56. “If constellations had been named in the 20th century, I suppose we would see bicycles.”
57. “The bicycle is a curious vehicle. Its passenger is its engine.”
58. “Bicycles have no walls.”
59. “Your bike is discovery; your bike is freedom. It doesn't matter where you are, when you're on the saddle, you're taken away.”
- Doug Donaldson.
60. “It’s the first machine we master as children and the one we abandon when the seductions of the automobile take over.”
-Colman Mc Cartly.
61. "You either love spinning the pedals and watching scenery whiz by, or you don’t."
62. “Embrace your sweat. It is your essence and your emancipation.”
63. “When you ride hard on a mountain bike, sometimes you fall, otherwise you’re not riding hard.”
64. “Life is like riding a bicycle: you don't fall off unless you stop pedaling.”
Quotes About Cycling By Famous Personalities
A list of quotes about cycling said by world-famous personalities is given below.
65. “When my legs hurt, I say: 'Shut up legs! Do what I tell you to do!'”
66. “The cyclist is a man half made of flesh and half of steel that only our century of science and iron could have spawned.”
-Louis Baudry de Saunier.
67. “In Mendrisio I felt it; the exhilaration of what the bike has to offer. It’s a simple machine that conjures a vast mix of emotions. It can evoke the senses and raise the spirits of people who watch.”
68. “You are one ride away from a good mood.”
69. “Cyclists see considerable more of this beautiful world than any other class of citizens. A good bicycle, well applied, will cure most ills this flesh is heir to.”
-Dr. K. K. Doty.
70. “Toleration is the greatest gift of the mind; it requires the same effort of the brain that it takes to balance oneself on a bicycle.”
71. “I think cycling has always had a tradition of being a bit dapper, especially back in the day.”
72. “To these ideals which were instilled in me when I was a youth, I attribute in a large degree the success that was mine on the bicycle tracks of the world.”
73. “Good morale in cycling comes from good legs.”
74. “Never use your face as a brake pad.”
75. “The bicycle, the bicycle surely, should always be the vehicle of novelists and poets."
76. “If I can bicycle, I bicycle.”
Popular Cycling Quotes
Some popular quotes about cycling are given below, including Einsteins famous saying about riding a bike: "Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”
77. “It never gets easier, you just go faster.”
78. “Ride a bike, ride a bike, ride a bike.”
79. “It is the unknown around the corner that turns my wheels.”
80. “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”
81. “Bicycles are almost as good as guitars for meeting girls.”
-Bob Weir, ‘Grateful Dead’.
82. “I have no driver's license, so I ride a bicycle beside the Han River. That's what I really love because no one gives a damn about me for that moment. I feel so free.”
83. “Now I walk everywhere I can. I also ride a stationary bicycle for a total of 30 minutes. I do it three or more times a week now and I have lost 20 pounds.”
84. “My main form of transportation at that time was a bicycle, because bicycles could move through the crowd.”
85. “Like dogs, bicycles are social catalysts that attract a superior category of people.”
86. “Bicycling is a big part of the future. It has to be. There’s something wrong with a society that drives a car to work out in a gym.”
87. "It doesn't matter if you're sprinting for an Olympic gold medal, a town sign, a trailhead, or the rest stop with the homemade brownies. If you never confront pain, you're missing the essence of the sport."
88. “A bicycle ride is a flight from sadness.”
-James E. Starrs.
89. “Bicycles are the indicator species of a community, like shellfish in a bay.”
-P. Martin Scott.
90. “One of the most important days of my life, was when I learned to ride a bicycle.”
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for 90 of the best cycling quotes to motivate all cyclists, then why not take a look at these [biker quotes] or [hiking quotes] too?
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at [email protected]
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.