Dance is an art form involving sequences of human movement.
Dance forms can be broadly categorized into participatory and theatrical dancing, among others. Dancing, as an art form, is very popular and well-known amongst people from all over the world.
This article has a list of the best dancing sayings to motivate people to dance to the beat of life. It includes sayings by Edward Lear, Fred Astaire, Ginger Rogers and many more. You will also find Martha Graham dance quotes, Friedrich Nietzsche dancing quotes, quotes from famous dancers, dance quotes for kids, dancer quotes, quotes about dance in this list. These quotes are perfect for a caption of a dance picture, as these dance phrases are full of positive quotes.
For more such quotes, also check ['Dancing In The Rain' quotes] and ballet quotes.
Best Dance Quotes
Some of the best dancing sayings are listed below.
1. “Dance is the hidden language of the soul.”
2. “Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass; it’s about learning to dance in the rain.”
3. “The dance is a poem of which each movement is a word.”
4. “When you dance, your purpose is not to get to a certain place on the floor. It's to enjoy each step along the way.”
5. “Dance is certainly a sport, and they are phenomenal athletes, and they're also artists.”
6. “When I dance, I forget everything else and just feel completely happy.”
7. “The air is living with its spirit; and the waves dance to the music of its melodies, and sparkle in its brightness.”
-James Gates Percival.
8. “Part of the joy of dancing is conversation. Trouble is, some men can't talk and dance at the same time.”
9. “The one thing that can solve most of our problems is dancing.”
10. “Dancing is like dreaming with your feet!”
Popular Dance Quotes
Some popular quotes about dancing are listed below.
11. “We should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once.”
12. “To touch, to move, to inspire. This is the true gift of dance.”
13. “To sing well and to dance is to be well educated.”
14. “Dance first Think later. It’s the natural order.”
15. “You live as long as you dance.”
16. “Forget your troubles and dance.”
17. “When life tries to bring you down – just dance.”
-Shonna H. Leikar.
18. “No artist is ahead of his time. He is his time; it is just that others are behind the times.”
19. “Let us dance in the sun, wearing wild flowers in our hair…”
-Susan Polis Schutz.
20. “Dance in the middle of the fighting. Dance when you’re perfectly free.”
21. “This is why the idea of finding love across the dance floor endures – symbolizing that, when we know the true rhythm of our heart, we know the other.”
Interesting Dance Quotes
Listed below are some interesting dance sayings for all the dance lovers.
22. “Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.”
23. “Great dancers are not great because of their technique, they are great because of their passion.”
- Martha Graham.
24. “Dance is an art that imprints on the soul.”
25. “Let us keep the dance of rain our fathers kept and tread our dreams beneath the jungle sky.”
26. "Let us read and let us dance – two amusements that will never do any harm to the world."
27. “Dance is the only art of which we ourselves are the stuff of which it is made.”
28. "Dancing in all its forms cannot be excluded from the curriculum of all noble education; dancing with the feet, with ideas, with words, and, need I add that one must also be able to dance with the pen?"
29. “Life is the dancer and you are the dance.”
-Eckhart Tolle, ‘A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose’.
30. “Every time I dance, I'm trying to prove myself to myself.”
Energetic Dance Quotes
Listed below are some energetic sayings about dance to fill you up with energy.
31. “Nobody cares if you can’t dance well. Just get up and dance. Great dancers are great because of their passion.”
32. “Even when you are alone, music and dance unify the soul and the body. It's incredible!”
33. “If you want to release your aggression, get up and dance.”
34. “Dancing is moving to the music without stepping on anyone's toes, pretty much the same as life.”
35. “Dance till the stars come down from the rafters.”
36. “Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can’t.”
37. "Life is like dancing. If we have a big floor, many people will dance. Some will get angry when the rhythm changes. But life is changing all the time."
-Miguel Angel Ruiz.
38. “When a body moves, it's the most revealing thing. Dance for me a minute, and I'll tell you who you are.”
39. “Dance has always been a way of accessing the other worlds, especially whirling or spinning.”
Inspirational Dance Quotes
Listed below are inspirational sayings about dance to inspire the artist in you, from ballet quotes, to unknown dance quotes and more.
40. “I feel that the essence of dance is the expression of man – the landscape of his soul. I hope that every dance I do reveals something of myself or some wonderful thing a human can be.”
41. “I don’t want people who want to dance, I want people who have to dance."
42. “Dancers are athletics of God”.
43. “Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching.”
44. “The dance can reveal everything mysterious that is hidden in music, and it has the additional merit of being human and palpable. Dancing is poetry with arms and legs.”
45. “Enjoy your life. No curse hangs over you, nor did it ever. No devil chases after your soul. Sing and dance and be merry.”
46. "I did everything he did, but backwards and in high heels."
47. "Put a little fun into your life. Try dancing."
48. “No matter how busy I am, I find time for dance.”
49. “No one occupies the totality of his body as great dancers do.”
- Amélie Nothomb.
50. “While I dance I cannot judge, I cannot hate, I cannot separate myself from life. I can only be joyful and whole. That is why I dance.”
Lovable Dance Quotes
Some lovable dance sayings are listed below.
51. “I hope there are days when your coffee tastes like magic, your playlist makes you dance, strangers make you smile, and the night sky touches your soul.”
52. “Dancing: The highest intelligence in the freest body.”
53. “Dance is life. Stillness is love. Together, they are everything.”
54. “The Dance is love, it is only love, it alone, and that is enough.”
55. "Dancing is the body made poetic."
56. “Someone once said that dancers work just as hard as policemen, always alert, always tense, but see, policemen don't have to be beautiful at the same time.”
57. “Where words leave off, music begins.”
58. "But let there be spaces in your togetherness and let the winds of the heavens dance between you. Love one another but make not a bond of love: let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls."
59. “Do not be frightened, friend. Let us dance our way to God.”
60. “Dance for yourself. If someone else understands, good. If not, no matter. Go right on doing what interests you, and do it until it stops interesting you.”
61. “To be fond of dancing was a certain step towards falling in love.”
62. "Life is not about getting through the storms, but about dancing in the rain."
63. “Hand in hand on the edge of the sand, they danced by the light of the moon.”
Motivational Dance Quotes
Listed below are some motivational sayings about dance.
64. “People have asked me why I chose to be a dancer. I did not choose. I was chosen to be a dancer, and with that, you live all your life.”
65. “We are here to dance to the music of our souls, to live in the wonder of our presence, and to be who we are in the beauty of our divine being.”
66. “To dance is to be out of yourself. Larger, more beautiful, more powerful… This is power it is glory on earth and it is yours for the taking”
-Agnes De Mille.
67. “The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.”
68. “When I discovered dancing, I learned to dream.”
69. "Dancing can reveal all the mystery that music conceals."
70. “To be creative means to be in love with life. You can be creative only if you love life enough that you want to enhance its beauty, you want to bring a little more music to it, a little more poetry to it, a little more dance to it.”
71. “A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.”
72. "Next time you’re mad, try dancing out your anger."
73. “Remembering that man is indeed the microcosm, the universe in miniature, the Divine Dance of the future should be able to convey with its slightest gestures some significance of the universe.”
-Ruth St Denis.
74. "Peculiar travel suggestions are dancing lessons from God."
75. “Somebody just gave me a shower radio. Thanks a lot. Do you really want music in the shower? I guess there's no better place to dance than a slick surface next to a glass door.”
76. “Everything in the universe has rhythm. Everything dances.”
Amazing Dance Quotes
Listed below are some amazing sayings about dance, plus some positive dance quotes.
77. “I do not try to dance better than anyone else I only try to to dance better than myself.”
78. “You dance love, and you dance joy, and you dance dreams. And I know if I can make you smile by jumping over a couple of couches or running through a rainstorm, then I'll be very glad to be a song and dance man.”
79. “We think to dance, and dance in thought. But to hibernate in the mind, is to bring upon us an apocalypse of the Soul.”
80. “To watch us dance is to hear our hearts speak.”
81. "There are short-cuts to happiness, and dancing is one of them."
82. "Do it big, do it right, and do it with style."
83. “Dance training can't be separate from life training. Everything that comes into our lives is training. The qualities we admire in great dancing are the same qualities we admire in human beings: honesty, courage, fearlessness, generosity, wisdom, depth, compassion, and humanity.”
84. “The higher up you go, the more mistakes you are allowed. Right at the top, if you make enough of them, it's considered to be your style.”
85. “A sense of humor is just common sense dancing.”
86. “Dance where you can break yourself up to pieces and totally abandon your worldly passions.”
87. "The stillness shall be the dancing and the darkness the light."
88. “Disco’s are tricky. You look a total wally if you dance too early but after one crucial song tips the disco over, you look a sad saddo if you don’t.”
Top Dance Quotes
Some top quotes about dancing are listed below.
89. “Dancing is a perpendicular expression of a horizontal desire.”
-George Bernard Shaw.
90. “You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth.”
-William W. Purkey.
91. “Dance is an art, paint your dream and follow it.”
92. "If that’s all there is, my friends, then let’s keep dancing."
93. "In dance, in composition, in sculpture, the experience is the same: we are more the conduit than the creator of what we express."
94. "The problem is not making up the steps, but deciding which ones to keep."
95. “Opera is the most complete art form. It includes drama, acting, technology (lighting), art (the sets), dance, and the epitome of the human voices. But mostly, go for the glorious music. The arts are crucial to the life of every community.”
96. "Joy is peace dancing and peace is joy at rest."
-F. B. Meyer.
97. “When I dance, I escape the present and become one with my soul. “
98. “Dance, even if you have nowhere to do it but your living room.”
99. "You can't be afraid of stepping on toes if you want to go dancing."
100. “Dare, dream, dance, smile, and sing loudly! And have faith that love is an unstoppable force!”
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for dance quotes, then why not take a look at theatre quotes or 'Dirty Dancing' quotes.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.