The relationship between a mother-in-law and daughter-in-law can be really special.
As a mom, you want to make sure you have a close relationship with your child's new wife. A good daughter-in-law can be a gift for the whole family.
A good daughter-in-law is one who is open and willing to get to know the whole family, who respects you, and who unconditionally loves her partner with all of her heart. If you love your daughter-in-law and wish to write a card or note to her, why not take inspiration from this list of special daughter-in-law quotes?
If you want your daughter-in-law to know how much a woman like her ensures your family is complete and thank her for choosing your child, we've got some daughter-in-law quotes for you. Use the right words and be good parents-in-law to your sweet daughter-in-law.
The Best Daughter-In-Law Quotes
Make the newest family member happy with these present or future daughter-in-law quotes. There are also some welcome to the family quotes that a sweet daughter-in-law deserves to hear. Which one is your favorite quote, we wonder?
1. “Courage, sacrifice, determination, commitment, toughness, heart, talent, guts. That’s what little girls are made of.”
– Bethany Hamilton.
2. “Being a family means you are a part of something very wonderful.”
3. “Family means no one gets left behind or forgotten.”
—David Ogden Stiers.
4. “She was a wild one; always stomping on eggshells that everyone else tip-toed on.”
– Kaitlin Foster.
5. “You don’t choose your family. They are God’s gift to you, as you are to them.”
6. “My daughter, while we have had adversity, we also have had more sweet memories that allow us to overcome the challenges we faced.”
– Ann Butler.
7. “Let love be genuine.”
8. “A daughter is a miracle that never ceases to be miraculous… full of beauty and forever beautiful... loving and caring and truly amazing.”
– Deanna Beisser.
9. “She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future.”
– Proverbs 31:25.
10. “To us, family means putting your arms around each other and being there.”
11. “In family life, love is the oil that eases friction, the cement that binds closer together, and the music that brings harmony.”
12. “The memories we make with our family is everything.”
–Candace Cameron Bure.
13. “A strong woman is a woman determined to do something others are determined not be done.”
– Marge Piercy.
14. “Mothers and daughters together are a powerful force to be reckoned with.”
15. “Doubt is a killer. You just have to know who you are and what you stand for.”
– Jennifer Lopez.
16. “The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.”
– Ayn Rand.
Funny Daughter-In-Law Quotes
Here are some words from the heart for when your family is complete.
17. “Cherish forever what makes you unique, ‘cuz you’re really a yawn if it goes.”
18. “Mother and daughter got on very well indeed, with a deep affection founded on almost complete misunderstanding.”
– Mary Stewart.
19. "Family love is messy, clinging, and of an annoying and repetitive pattern, like bad wallpaper."
20. "Being part of a family means smiling for photos."
21. "Behind every successful man is a proud wife and a surprised mother-in-law."
-Hubert H. Humphrey.
22. “The informality of family life is a blessed condition that allows us all to become our best while looking our worst.”
23. "Families are like fudge — mostly sweet, with a few nuts."
24. "What the daughter does, the mother did."
– Jewish proverb.
25. “If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.”
26. "A dysfunctional family is any family with more than one person in it."
27. "A happy family is but an earlier heaven."
-George Bernard Shaw.
28. "I understand how the mother-in-law, daughter-in-law relationship has so many conflicts because it's so forced."
29. “Mother-daughter disagreements were, in hindsight, basically mother stating the truth and daughter taking her own sweet time coming around.”
– Barbara Delinsky.
Quotes To Say Thank You To Your Daughter-In-Law
Looking for a way to thank your daughter-in-law? Here are some "I love my daughter-in-law" quotes for a special woman like your daughter-in-law.
30. “A daughter is one of the most beautiful gifts this world has to give.”
– Laurel Atherton.
31. “Thank you for being the answer to the prayer I hadn’t realized I asked for.”
– Marisa Donnelly.
32. "I once read that, 'A friend is someone who brings us laughter, even in our tears, whose memories make us smile across the miles and through the years.' In my book you are that friend."
33. “Thank you for accepting me as I am, with my virtues and defects.”
– Jenni Rivera.
34. "Thank you my dear for all the things you do. My heart is sincere when I say I love you."
- Catherine Pulsifer.
35. “We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude.”
– Cynthia Ozick.
36. “Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.”
– Helen Keller.
37. “From the bottom of my heart, I thank you, and appreciate all you have done.”
– Catherine Pulsifer.
38. “You are the woman who came into my life unexpectedly, whose presence kissed my soul.”
– Marisa Donnelly.
39. “Each day I give thanks for you and appreciate all that you do.”
– Catherine Pulsifer.
Card Quotes For Daughter-In-Laws
One of the best ways to tell your daughter-in-law how you feel is in a greeting card. From happy birthday daughter-in-law quotes to sweet quotes celebrating your child and their life partner, we have found some of the best quotes for parents to celebrate their child's new wife. As these quotes are taken from sample greetings and sayings, many of them do not have a known attribution. We love these quotes so much and would love to know where they come from, so if you do know please do get in touch!
40. "A daughter-in-law is one who marries your son and becomes your friend."
41. “I can only say that my daughter-in-law is simply great.”
42. "It is impossible to get a more perfect daughter-in-law than you."
43. "I feel proud to say that, I’m your mother-in-law. Don’t forget that, I’ll always be there with open arms to comfort you if you lose or to cheer for you in your victory."
44. "Happiness is having a daughter-in-law like you."
45. “I’d wish you lots of surprises on your birthday, but then every day with our son is full of surprises. So instead, I’ll just wish you luck.”
46. “Our son picked you, and we would have, too.”
47. “Happy Birthday, daughter-in-law! Actually, can we just drop the “in-law” part? You’re like a daughter to me.”
48. "Our son couldn’t have married someone better for our family if we picked you out ourselves."
49. “To be honest, I didn’t think my son would ever find a wife good enough for him. I’ve never been so happy to be wrong.”
50. "I’m blessed three times over. You’re a wonderful mother to my grandchild, an amazing wife to my son, and a dear daughter-in-law to me."
51. “Happy Birthday, daughter-in-law. You chose to be part of our family, and guess what? We’re keeping you.”
52. “My beloved daughter-in-law, you are a special part of my life, without which I’m not fulfilled.”
53. "What did we do to deserve a daughter-in-law like you? Whatever it is, I might do it again for good luck."
54. “Happy Birthday to one of the strongest women I know. She has to be, in order to deal with my son year after year!”
55. "My beloved daughter-in-law, you are a special part of my life, without which I’m not fulfilled."
56. "Our son found a wonderful wife in you, and we found an amazing daughter in you. Thank you for bringing so much happiness into our family."
57. "You are the daughter-in-law for which I have longed, and now to this family, you truly belong."
58. "Daughter-in-law by chance, friend by choice."
59. "I hope my son knows how lucky he is to have you. If he doesn’t, tell him I said to pay more attention."
60. “You may not have been born into our family, but you seem born to be a part of it.”
61. “As your mother-in-law, it’s my job to criticize you whenever possible. Unfortunately, you make my job exceedingly difficult. Happy Birthday to a frustratingly perfect daughter-in-law.”
62. "You’ve been a blessing to this family since the day our son met you."
63. "Marriage made you family; love made you my daughter."
64. "Movies treat in-laws like they treat birthday parties: poorly! Let’s celebrate as a family to set the record straight."
65. "Daughter-in-law: Created by God and hand-chosen by my son to be loved, cherished, and valued in our family."
66. “It is a wonder to us how quickly and effectively you have joined with our family. How unfortunate our son would be if he was not married to you.”
67. "You’re the best daughter-in-law anyone could ever wish for."
68. "You deserve an award for surviving another year with our son!"
69. "Happy birthday to a daughter-in-law, who has the most wonderful in-laws in the world."
70. "You might be my daughter-in-law, but after all we’ve been through together, you feel like my real daughter."
71. "So, are in-laws invited to your romantic birthday dinner? Just kidding, but come over later so we can celebrate!"
72. "Best birthday wishes to the girl who makes our son smile."
73. "My daughter-in-law is the woman my son picked to be my best friend."
74. "Daughter-in-law, today is your birthday. May your wonderful life never stop inspiring everyone around you."
75. "Since you’re legally part of our family, I guess we legally have to celebrate your birthday. Good thing we love you!"
At Kidadl, we have compiled family-friendly quotes for everyone! If you liked these daughter-in-law quotes that your child's wife will love with all her heart, why not check out these step daughter quotes or son-in-law quotes for a lot more sweet words for every man and woman in your family?
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at email@example.com.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.