Distraction is a phenomenon in which a person tends to lose focus and gets deviated from the goal or objective.
Distractions can be of various types and because of multiple reasons. People sometimes get distracted because of monotonous work or because they have a short attention span.
Distraction can be caused because of internal or external factors. Some of the internal factors which cause distraction are tiredness, fatigue, hunger, physical pain, pressure and overthinking. External factors like social media, television and music can also cause distraction. There can be positive distractions, such as our loved ones if we are having a tough time, they can distract us from our problems at hand. The greatest distraction of the 21st century is the smart phone, it is all too easy to while away hours just scrolling your screen! Distractions also have a medical purpose. People who have panic attacks use different distraction techniques to cope with the situation. With the help of this technique, one can redirect their mind and slowly come out of the panic situation. Distractions have been used for centuries in different plays. One fine example of it is how William Shakespeare uses comic relief as a mode of distraction in a tragedy like Hamlet just to lighten the mood.
Listed below are some unique distraction quotes, all-time favorite distraction quotes, and distraction quotes by celebrities that will resonate with you.
If you enjoy this article on distraction quotes, be sure to check out similar inspirational quotes articles that you'll like, [diligence quotes] and [discipline quotes].
Quotes About Distraction
These inspirational quotes and distraction quotes will surely make your day.
1. "You can always find a distraction if you’re looking for one."
2. "I’d find someone else. No distractions. Men get in the way of ambition. Plus, they laugh at you when you fail."
3. "Nostalgia is a sweet place for a poet and writer to be in. But it's an indulgence; a distraction. You can't live in a distraction."
4. "I love the sensation of being out in the open air, far away from all the distractions of modern life."
5. "I have a lot of great distractions outside of acting."
6. "Art therapy is of assistance mainly as a distraction from an individual's problems."
7. "Nothing changes and very little happens in Paris. This is a great place to work without distraction-and then I run away to New York, where I have a life."
8. "Anything you believe you have to do or become before you can be free is a denial and distraction from the truth that you are already free."
9. "Teenagers talk about the idea of having each other's 'full attention'. They grew up in a culture of distraction."
10. "Nothing is quite so emotional and passionate as what goes on inside of a family. People are driven to distraction by a father or a mother or a husband. Or a child."
Hand-Picked Distraction Quotes
These distraction quotes and inspirational quotes which you will absolutely adore.
11. "America is addicted to wars of distraction."
12. "Distracted from distraction by distraction."
-T. S. Eliot.
13. "When we clutter our lives with imagined obligations, unnecessary activities, and distractions that only kill time, we dilute the power of our lives."
14. "O woman, perfect woman! what distraction was meant to mankind when thou wast made a devil!"
15. "Watching movies is my one distraction."
16. "Meditation quarantines distractions."
–Khang Kijarro Nguyen.
17. "TV is a distraction from being awesome."
18. "I have wandered all my life, and I have also traveled; the difference between the two being this, that we wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment."
- Hilaire Belloc.
19. "I need distractions. Good distractions, not bad ones. A good distraction for me is a great play."
20. "Las Vegas is about distraction."
- James Turrell.
Quotes On Distraction By Famous People
Here are some inspirational distraction quotes by people who have left a mark in this world.
21. "I’m here to build something for the long-term. Anything else is a distraction."
22. "At painful times, when composition is impossible and reading is not enough, grammars and dictionaries are excellent for distraction."
-Elizabeth Barrett Browning.
23. "My theory is that the world is a difficult place to live in and distraction is the name of the game."
24. "Use reading-aloud time as bonding time, as time when no phones are being checked, when the distractions of the world are put aside."
25. "The greatest threat to the state is not faction but distraction."
26. "Immersing oneself in the problems of a book is a good way to keep from thinking of love."
27. "Messes create distraction. And distraction reduces your power to achieve every goal you set."
– Robin Sharma.
28. "White ball cricket can be taxing on bowlers and can be a distraction for a youngster."
29. "With Death itself in the streets, I didst turneth hence from the Broth'rhood of Man and seeketh deliv'rance in distraction."
30. "It is very difficult to be learned; it seems as if people were worn out on the way to great thoughts, and can never enjoy them because they are too tired."
- George Eliot.
Inspirational Quotes On Distraction
If you are having difficulty concentrating on things in life, these distraction quotes will prove to be extremely inspirational.
31. "An addiction to distraction is the end of your creative production."
32. "All profound distraction opens certain doors. You have to allow yourself to be distracted when you are unable to concentrate."
33. "Sincere thought means thought of concentration (quiet awareness). The thought of a distracted mind cannot be sincere."
34. "Advertising is 48% distraction; 4% information; and 48% manipulation."
35. "Listen to your inner voice and never let the distraction of the crowd discolour your poise."
36. "We must withdraw the mind from these distractions and make it abide in the self. Thus guarding the peace within we shall have to do the work without."
37. "Thinking is the ultimate distraction, the ultimate escape from reality."
38. "Art has to do with the arrest of attention in the midst of distraction."
39. "Never let anyone or anything distract you from noticing how amazing you are."
40. "Say ‘no’ to distraction so you can say ‘yes’ to your destiny."
41. "Skip the religion and politics, head straight to the compassion. Everything else is a distraction."
42. "Study and practice as much as you can. There will be distractions, such as friends or family wanting your time and attention, but make sure your work doesn't suffer."
43. "Social media is a giant distraction to the ultimate aim which is honing your craft as a songwriter. There are people who are exceptional at it, however if you can do both things its fantastic."
44. "It is good to love in a moderate degree; to distraction, it is not good; but to love to entire distraction, is the thing that my master's doing."
45. "To do much clear thinking a person must arrange for regular periods of solitude when they can concentrate and indulge the imagination without distraction."
-Thomas A. Edison.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly and inspirational quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for distraction quotes then why not take a look at [destination quotes] and [dignity quotes].
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.