In order to live life in the right way, it is important to do the right thing.
Doing the right thing might not always seem like the best option in the short run. But in the long run, it will give you satisfaction and happiness.
This article has the 55 best do the right thing quotes to boost everyone’s self-esteem and motivate people to do the correct thing. At every place or point, it is important to do what feels and seems right. These quotes are taken from books, movies and interviews.
Best Do The Right Thing Quotes And Sayings
A list of the best do the right thing quotes are listed below.
1. “Doing the right thing even when no one is looking is easy if I remember that I am not in this life alone and that my task is to please God... not people.”
-Sandra C. Bibb.
2. “Next to doing the right thing, the most important thing is to let people know you are doing the right thing.”
-John D. Rockefeller.
3. “Doing the right thing for someone else occasionally means doing something that feels wrong to you.”
4. “Character is not only doing the right thing when no one is looking, it's doing the right thing when everyone is looking. It's being willing to do the right thing even when it costs more than you want to pay.”
5. “Doing the right thing daily, compounds over time.”
-John C. Maxwell.
6. “You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.”
7. “The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it.”
-Robert H. Schuller.
8. “Sometimes being an adult means doing the right thing, even if it's not what you want.”
-Laurie Halse Anderson.
Famous Always Do the Right Thing Quotes
Some famous quotes to motivate everyone to do the right thing at every place are listed below.
9. “What one thinks is right is not always the same as what others think is right; no one can be always right.”
-Roy T. Bennett.
10. “Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.”
11. “Pissing people off doesn't mean you're doing the right things, but doing the right things will almost inevitably piss people off.”
12. “Doing the right thing is more important than doing the thing right.”
-Peter F. Drucker.
13. “The ultimate search engine would basically understand everything in the world, and it would always give you the right thing. And we're a long, long ways from that.”
14. “Life is too short to try and please everyone. Take charge and do what’s right -- not what’s popular.”
15. “We live in a world where everyone thinks they do the right thing, so they are entitled to do the wrong thing. So ends can justify the means.”
'Do The Right Thing' Movie Quotes
'Do the Right Thing' was released in 1989. It is a story about racial conflict and bigotry in a multi-ethnic community. The film is set in Brooklyn, New York. Characters in the movie included Mookie, Sal, Tina, Jade, Buggin’ Out, Pino, Vito, Smiley and others. A list of 'Do the Right Thing' quotes from the movie are listed below.
16. “You almost knocked me down man, the word is ‘excuse me’.”
17. “Besides that. Da Mayor don't bother nobody and nobody bother Da Mayor but you. The man just tends to his own business. I love everybody. I even love you.”
18. “Not only did ya knock me down, you stepped on my brand new white Air Jordan's I just bought, and that's all you can say is "excuse me"?”
19. “Pino, get a broom and sweep out front.”
20. “Vito, get a broom and sweep out front.”
21. “Don't stare at me. The Evil eye doesn't work on me.”
22. “I detest this place like a sickness.”
23. “Yes, indeed. You almost got yourself killed last night.”
Inspirational Quotes About Doing the Right Thing
A lot of inspirational do the right thing quotes and words are listed below.
24. “Taking a shortcut isn't always profitable, doing the right thing may take longer but just trust the process, your reward is sure!”
25. “Sometimes it's best to do what feels safe, and sometimes it's better to do what you know is right, even though the cost may be high.”
-Deborah Wiles, ‘Revolution’.
26. “Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things.”
-Peter F. Drucker.
27. “You may never know what results come from your action. But if you do nothing, there will be no result.”
-Mohandas K. Gandhi.
28. “Always do right – this will gratify some and astonish the rest.”
29. “Doing the right thing has power.”
30. “Doing the right things for the right reason in the right way is the key to Quality of Life!”
31. “Keep a good attitude and do the right thing even when it's hard.”
Make Things Right Quotes
A list of quotes about making things right and do the right things quotes are listed below.
32. “You cannot make yourself feel something you do not feel, but you can make yourself do right in spite of your feelings.”
-Pearl S. Buck.
33. “Tomorrow is always another day to make things right.”
34. “A little bit is not that much to ask to make things right.”
35. “...Sometimes it’s the only way to make things right.”
36. “The task of the prophet is not to smooth things over but make things right.”
-Eugene H Peterson.
37. “If we're supposed to ignore everything that's wrong with our lives, then I can't see how we'll ever make things right.”
38. “Whatever I do I’ve always done not because I want something but to compensate for a loss, to bring about a balance, to create amends, to make things right.”
39. “To sit back hoping that someday, some way, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last- but eat you he will.”
Taking the Right Decision Quotes
A few quotes to motivate people to make the right decisions and do the right thing quotes are listed below.
40. “In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing.”
41. “It is never wrong to do what is right.”
-Gift Gugu Mona.
42. “I've spent a lot of my life forcing myself to do the right thing.”
43. “All of us start from zero. We take the right decision and become a hero.”
44. “When you make the right decision, it doesn't really matter what anyone else thinks.”
45. “If you're doing something that terrifies you, most likely you're doing the right thing.”
46. “When I have a problem of deciding right from wrong, I always give it three tests. First, I give it the common-sense test, and ask if it is reasonable. Then I give it a prayer test. I ask God if it is good and edifying. Then I give it a scripture test. I see if the Bible has anything to say for or against it.”
Popular Do What’s Right Quotes
Listed below are some do the right thing quotes. You can share these do the right thing quotes with your friends and family for inspiration.
47. “If you boil it down, just because someone else does the wrong thing, we are not exempt from doing what’s right.”
48. “Doing the right thing isn't always easy - in fact, sometimes it's real hard - but just remember that doing the right thing is always right.”
49. “People will always try to stop you from doing the right thing if it is unconventional.”
50. “I may have hurt some people along the way, but I would like to be seen as somebody who has done his best to do the right thing for any situation and not compromised.”
51. “You make the right decision for the long run. You manage for the long run, and you continue to move to higher value. That's what I think my job is.”
52. “What is right for one soul may not be right for another.”
53. “You do the right thing even if it makes you feel bad.”
54. “Heroes always make the right decision; I find that seldom happens in my life.”
55. “With integrity, you have nothing to fear, since you have nothing to hide.”
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for the best 'do the right thing' quotes to help guide you, then why not take a look at feel good quotes, or good vibes quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.