Dragons are one of the most famous mythical creatures of the world.
Dragons are found in cultures across the globe, from China to Wales. Dragons are described as ferocious reptile-like creatures which are humongous in size, have a long spiked tail, often (but not always) huge wings and scales all over its body.
Dragons have many abilities among which the most famous is breathing fire from their mouth. However, ice dragons are also found in mythologies which are known for breathing ice. Not just mythologies or ancient folklore, a dragon can also be found in many fictional novels and TV series. 'Harry Potter', 'Game Of Thrones' and 'The Hobbit' are the most iconic series which have featured at least one dragon. A famous animated movie series about dragons 'How To Train Your Dragon' is very popular among kids while the Japanese anime 'Dragon Ball Z' needs no introduction. Role playing games like 'Dungeons And Dragons' are actively enjoyed by gamers. In many popular cultures, dragons are worshipped and are known to bring peace, wealth, and prosperity. If you enjoy the role-playing game 'Dungeons and Dragons' or love the anime 'Dragon Ball Z' then these funny dragon puns or dragon ball name puns will really crank up your mind.
Best Dragon Puns
Listed below are some of the cute dragon puns and funny dragon puns. If you also love bad dragon puns, you may find one of these dragon along with the good ones!
1. Yesterday, I was telling a bedtime fantastical story to my little son. The story kept dragon-on and on and on!
2. If you ever give presents to a dragon it usually responds by saying, "Fangs a lot".
3. The only reason the dinosaurs lived longer than dragons was due to the fact that they never smoked!
4. Dragons prefer a particular variety of shampoo. They always prefer Head and Smolders!
5. The female dragon always won the beauty contest whenever she took part in it. It was obvious as she was the beast of the show!
6. The only school that thought about how to kill dragons is the knight school!
7. A dragon is frequently seen spitting fire on a map as he plans on setting fire to the whole world!
8. My friend who is an architect bought a large number of model dragons and took them for work. It was not until his seniors told him that he realized that one such model dragon was not to scale!
9. When the little dragon was asking for a candy and not getting it, his elder brother asked him, "Wyv-ern?"
10. I have often been named as a dragon by my colleagues. They say that I have been dragging my body from home to the office day in and day out!
11. A dragon's favorite day of the week is Chewsday!
12. Dragons are extremely good guitarists because they really know all the scales!
13. Dragons should never get angry while playing ice hockey. Because if they breathe fire then the ice melts!
14. A dragon that is exceptional in juggling can be called talon-ted!
15. Dragons don't usually take time in making vacation plans. They just simply wing it!
16. There was a group of dragons who dreamed of having a music band. They even thought of naming themselves 'Imagine Dragons'.
17. The dragon decided to visit the restaurant to eat his favorite dish. It was a whole bucket of Hot Wings!
18. In D&D, a dragon does not want to eat paladins because they always taste lawful!
19. The best way to lift a little dragon is by using a fork-lift!
20. Dragons are very bad bosses. Whenever they become angry, they start firing employees!
21. Dragons love music and their favorite rock band is 'The Flaming Lips'.
22. Ender dragons find it extremely difficult to read any book or novel. Because they always finish at the start!
23. The dragon got extremely upset when a particular song got stuck in his ear. It was such an earwyrm!
24. The dragon became a hugely successful rapper. Because he always spits fire!
25. The dragon got hit by a truck and was taken to the hospital where he was discharged, after a couple of bandages were put on him. He is now a wrapped-tile!
26. Dragons particularly like eating cakes and pastries. Their favorite kind of cake is a lair cake!
27. A dragon's favorite European food dish is Swiss charred meat!
28. Dragons are exceptional story-tellers as they have long tails!
29. Dwarves always hunt dragons in the early morning as they know that the early beard catches the wyrm!
30. Dragons are excellent investment bankers as they can very easily swing the scales in their favor.
Funny Dragon Jokes
Whether you enjoy funny dragon pun names, dragon ball puns, dungeons and dragons puns or not, you are bound to find these dragon jokes extremely funny!
31. How long should one be patient for a green dragon? You should be waiting until it ripens!
32. Why did the stylish dragon walk the fashion ramp wearing traditional Japanese clothes? Because he was a Kimono Dragon!
33. How do you measure the weight of a dragon? It actually depends a lot on the scales!
34. What do you call a dragon who came back home after a really exhausting day at the office and fell asleep? You can now call him a dragoff!
35. What biscuits do dragons like with their tea? Firecrackers!
36. Why was the little dragon angry on his birthday? He kept trying yet he could not blow out his birthday candles!
37. Why did the restaurant chef feed the dragon lots of hot tamales? Because he wanted to have a barbeque!
38. Why are dragons excellent accountants? Because they are well aware of the economies of scale!
39. How is Hanukkah different from a dragon? The former is of eight nights while the latter eats knights!
40. What did the little dragon say before leaving his house for Halloween? I'm all fired up for tricks and treats!
41. Which species of animal wears slippers, is gigantic, and has scales? A cinderdragon!
42. What do you call a dragon who loves to perform classical dances? A Balerion!
43. What is the difference between a dragon and a dinosaur? A dragon will never explode but a dino might!
44. Which sport do dragons play at the end, if they start a game of ice hockey? Water Polo.
45. What is the best way to stop a bad dragon joke? You don't let it drag-on for a long time.
46. What did the father dragon tell his son dragon when he saw a knight charging towards him? For today's dinner, we will have tinned food!
47. Why are dragons generally known to practice Sabbath? Because they only prey on weak knights!
48. What do you call a dragon who frequents pubs and bars and prefers staying intoxicated at all times? A beer-ded dragon!
49. What did the trainer say when the boxer asked if he can use the forbidden spinning dragon uppercut punch in the middle of the fight? The trainer replied "shor-yu-ken".
50. How does a dragon travel if it has no wings? It keeps on draggin from one place to another!
51. What did the mother dragon say when she saw her child dragon eating an ice cream? She said that it melts her heart.
52. What do you call a dragon which is devoid of any silver? A dron!
53. How does a dragon cross the space-time barrier and reach from one place to another? It uses a wyrmhole!
54. What's worse than a dragon speaking to you? The amount of money you have to spend on therapy after that.
55. For which event do the dragons train for dancing? The talon show.
56. Why do dragons sleep during the day? So they can fight knights!
57. Why do dragons love hoarding silver, jewels, and gold? Because cash is extremely flammable!
58. Which genre of folklore and stories are dragons famous for? The long tales.
59. Which is the favorite literary novel of dragons? 'The White Fang.'
60. Why is the good dragon always invited to barbeque parties? Because he fires up the grill very easily!
61. What did one dragon say to his friend when the latter complained that it was a hot night? Keep your mouth shut!
62. What did the dragon breathe fire inside the house? To light-up the house when the power went out.
63. Which parenting book does expecting dragon moms read? How To Train Your Dragon!
64. Which fruit did the dragon grow in his gigantic orchard? Dragon fruit!
65. What is the distinct difference between a car and a dragon? A dragon has two horns while a car has one!
66. What is the reason behind children being afraid of dragons? They are really scaly!
Knock Knock Jokes About Dragons
Here you have some of the best knock-knock dragon jokes to fire away at your friends and become the hottest person of the party.
67. Knock, knock!
Who is it?
Holly peños alongside flamin' dragons never went well together.
68. Knock, knock!
Who is out there?
Dragon your toes again?
69. Knock, knock!
Who is out there?
If it was me, I would keep a safe distance from fire-blasting dragons.
70. Knock knock.
Dragon today, and I could really use a nap.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of great family-friendly puns for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for dragon puns then why not take a look at zombie puns, or for something different take a look at cherry puns.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.