Goosebumps, like a sitting duck, duck and dive, duck quotes, and duck personalities all feature in children’s storybooks and ducks have an important part to play as a bird, as well in languages!
Starting from Disney characters like Donald Duck and Daisy Duck, authors of children’s books, authors like Douglas Adams, Manoj Arora, all have come up with some popular duck quotes. So, the water birds with their ‘keep calm’ demeanor are not only a favorite of authors of children’s books but authors of grown-ups too!
The character of ducks is truly intriguing. Even as they continue to paddle like crazy underwater, they keep calm and maintain a happy face all the time. That’s why dozens of duck characters and duck quotes are found in the books. A collection of duck quotes from authors and well-known personalities is a way to understand how differently people perceive this bird from the anatidae family! In this list, you will find a quote about ducks, duck captions, duck sayings.
If you find duck quotes interesting, why not look at chicken quotes and [nature quotes].
Best Duck Quotes
Some of the best duck quotes are in praise of the ducks’ character, reflecting a calm persona above the water while it paddles continuously underwater. Some are from authors like Nyiri Murtagh, spoken for the ‘Love of Ducks’.
1. “When the ducks are walking, you know it's too windy to play golf.”
2. "Like a duck on the pond. On the surface everything looks calm, but beneath the water those little feet are churning a mile a minute."
- Gene Hackman.
3. “Ducks are strong, fast flyers…”
- Randy Frahm.
4. “Ducks are one of the smallest types of waterfowl…often the most colorful.”
- Stephen Savage.
5. “Be like a duck, paddling and working very hard inside the water, but what everyone sees is a smiling and calm face.”
- Manoj Arora.
6. “Always behave like a duck, keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath.”
- Jacob Braude.
7. “I let that negativity roll off me like water off a duck's back. If it's not positive, I didn't hear it...”
- George Foreman.
8. “I don't have ugly ducklings turning into swans in my stories. I have ugly ducklings turn into confident ducks.”
- Maeve Binchy.
9. “The secret of success is to be like a duck, smooth and unruffled on top, but paddling furiously underneath.”
- Bill Cosby.
10. “How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks.”
- Dorothy L. Sayers.
11. “A healthy duck will be bright and will try to get away from people...”
- Nyiri Murtagh.
Famous Duck Quotes
Most authors of duck quotes see ducks as an example to be followed. Duck quotes from books, and duck quotes explaining the general behaviors of ducks, mostly show the positive side of ducks.
12. “Be like a duck. Calm on the surface, but always paddling like the dickens underneath.”
- Michael Caine.
13. “Duck love is recognizable in any language.”
- Edmond Manning.
14. “I've always had a duck personality. Calm above water, feet going crazy below.”
- K. Flay.
15. “Ducks are masterfully designed…for both aquatic and terrestrial life.”
- Dave Holderread.
16. “Christianity is why the 'Duck Dynasty' family is still together.”
- Si Robertson.
17. “The perils of duck hunting are great - especially for the duck.”
18. “Don't quack like a duck, soar like an eagle.”
- Ken Blanchard.
19. “The popularity of ducks— often described as the happiest animals in the barnyard— is increasing in many areas of the world.”
- Dave Holderread.
20. “A new duck may be dirty because it soiled itself on the way home…should not be interpreted as a sign of illness.”
- Nyiri Murtagh.
21. “….in their writhings, a little like two ducks, one of which is trying to make a third duck inside the second duck… the second duck is trying…to explain that it doesn't feel ready for a third duck right now...”
– Douglas Adams, ‘Life, The Universe And Everything’.
Funny Duck Quotes
Authors have a lot of funny things to say about ducks. Here are some hilarious duck quotes. Keep calm and get your share of laughter!
22. “If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's a duck!”
- Robin Cook.
23. “A duck tastes the same whether they're shot sitting or flying.”
- Jase Robertson.
24. “Nature is a wet place where large numbers of ducks fly overhead uncooked.”
- Oscar Wilde.
25. “If it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck, it could be a really ugly swan.”
- Timmothy Radman.
26. “If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.”
- Douglas Adams.
27. “You can't aim a duck to death.”
- Beverly Sills.
28. “I'm like a duck: calm above the water, and paddling like hell underneath.”
- Fred Shero.
29. “Unlike a deer, a duck can see you in color and from a very long way off….if you can see a duck, it can see you.”
- Heather Carver.
30. “I can do a really good animal impression! I'm great at ducks, cats, dogs, and occasionally dolphins.”
- Ella Purnell.
31. “Ducks can make a highly effective pest patrol in the garden…keep them from tender plants and low-growing fruit.”
- Dave Holderread.
32. “I really hate rubber ducks, actually.”
- Florentijn Hofman.
33. “Man who waits for roast duck to fly into mouth must wait very, very long time.”
- Jules Renard.
34. “I'm sorry for the ducks; I love foie gras.”
- Jose Andres.
35. “I have cats, dogs, monkeys and ducks at home - it's like a mini zoo.”
- Vaani Kapoor.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for duck quotes, then why not take a look at wildlife quotes or funny animal quotes.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.