The eagle is the name for predatory birds from the family Accipitridae.
Eagles soar high and are known for hunting vertebrate prey. They have great vision and can detect food while flying or located at a distance.
Eagles are unique for their immense strength and sharp hunting abilities. They also like to fly alone because it helps them hunt prey better. In many cultures, eagles symbolize courage, power, and focus.
There is a famous saying about eagles that tells us to "soar with the eagles". This saying inspires many of us to live our lives to the fullest, reach for our dreams and enjoy the ride!
This list includes eagle sayings by authors like William Henry Hudson, Joyce Meyer, Crazy Horse, Lame Deer, Helen Keller, and others. Will you find a quote from your favorite author here? Apart from quotes about the eagle’s vision, this list also includes many funny eagle quotes, sky quotes, flying quotes, bald eagle quotes, and eagle quotes from movies. For more great quotes, you can also check out these bird quotes and blue sky quotes.
The Best Eagle Quotes
Some of the best quotes about eagles are given below. These quotes can be used for different purposes, such as to inspire someone who needs some motivation or simply to marvel at the wonder of eagles!
1. "Be innocent like a dove, strong like an ostrich, fierce like a hawk, wise like an owl, and swift like an eagle."
2. "When you soar like an eagle, you attract the hunters."
-Milton S Gould.
3. "If you want to soar like an eagle in life, you can't be flocking with the turkeys."
4. "The eagle flies in the sky, but nests on the ground."
5. "As an eagle, weary after soaring in the sky, folds its wings and flies down to rest in its nest, so does the shining Self enter the state of dreamless sleep, where one is freed from all desires."
6. "When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."
7. "It's a great event to get outside and enjoy nature. I find it very exciting no matter how many times I see bald eagles."
8. "The eagle has no liberty; he only has loneliness."
-Gilbert K. Chesterton.
9. "The eagle suffers little birds to sing, and is not careful what they mean thereby."
10. "Let the kite perch and let the eagle perch too – If one says no to the other, let his wing break."
Inspirational Eagle Quotes
A list of inspirational eagle quotes is given below. These quotes are perfect for inspiring anyone, man or woman, to soar like the eagle with a fearless spirit.
11. "An eagle earns its honor from the storms it endures."
12. "May you soar on eagle wings, high above the madness of the world."
-Jonathan Lockwood Huie.
13. "Don't quack like a duck, soar like an eagle."
14. "Don't be a pigeon if you were born to be an eagle. Experience God's altitude for your life."
15. "An eagle never loses sleep over a turkey's sentiments."
16. "The eagle that soars in the upper air does not worry itself how it is to cross rivers."
17. "Eagles commonly fly alone. They are crows, daws, and starlings that flock together."
18. "The blue sky is the limit—build your own house… The Eagle, not the oyster, is the emblem of America."
19. "There is an eagle in me that wants to sour."
Strong Eagle Quotes
Some strong quotes about the strong and powerful predatory bird are given below.
20. "A strong woman is like an eagle, against the strong winds she soars."
-Gift Gugu Mona.
21. "Turbulence breaks a tree’s branches, but only tickles an eagle’s wings."
22. "Like a young eagle, who has lent his plume
To fledge the shaft by which he meets his doom,
See their own feathers pluck'd, to wing the dart,
Which rank corruption destines for their heart!"
23. "The chief is the chief. He is the eagle who flies high and cannot be touched by the spit of the toad."
-Mobutu Sese Seko.
24. "You know, I am an eagle, flying around in the mountains."
25. "The eagle in the sky does not know that those on the ground are looking at him."
26. "Eagles come in all shapes and sizes, but you will recognize them chiefly by their attitudes."
-E. F. Schumacher.
27. "Around, around, in ceaseless circles wheeling. With clangs of wings and scream, the Eagle sailed."
-Percy Bysshe Shelley.
28. "The foolish think the Eagle weak, and easy to bring to heel. The Eagle's wings are silken, but its claws are made of steel."
29. "The most amazing lesson in aerodynamics I ever had was the day I climbed a thermal in a glider at the same time as an eagle. I witnessed, close up, effortlessness and lightness combined with strength, precision and determination."
Famous Eagle Quotes
Given below are some famous quotes about eagles.
30. "How foolish are you to offer a ladder to an eagle that has the ability to fly over the clouds."
-P.S. Jagadeesh Kumar.
31. "You cannot fly like an eagle with the wings of a wren."
-William Henry Hudson.
32. "I wish the bald eagle had not been chosen as the representative of our country; he is a bird of bad moral character... like those among men who live by sharping and robbing, he is generally poor, and often very lousy."
33. "Fate is not an eagle, it creeps like a rat."
34. "The whole wide ether is the eagle’s way: The whole earth is a brave man’s fatherland."
35. "Only if the dragon and the eagle turn their sights from each other and make room for each other in the world they share, can they reach new and brighter horizons."
36. "The eagle may soar, but the weasel never gets sucked into a jet engine."
37. "We are eagles of one nest… the nest is in our soul."
38. "Each man is good in His sight. It is not necessary for eagles to be crows."
39. "The eagle never lost so much time, as when he submitted to learn of the crow."
Motivational Eagle Quotes
A list of motivational eagle quotes is given below.
40. "The sky belongs to eagles, even during storms."
41. "The eagle has no fear of adversity. We need to be like the eagle and have a fearless spirit of a conqueror!"
42. "A very great vision is needed and the man who has it must follow it as the eagle seeks the deepest blue of the sky."
- Ta 'Shunke Witko.
43. "God created us with an overwhelming desire to soar. Our desire to develop and use every ounce of potential He's placed in us is not egotistical. He designed us to be tremendously productive and 'to mount up with wings like eagles,' realistically dreaming of what He can do with our potential."
44. "A believer is a bird in a cage, a freethinker is an eagle parting the clouds with tireless wing."
-Robert Green Ingersoll.
45. "Don't look down, it's an impossible view; Fly like an eagle whatever you do."
46. "Eagle rises to the top of the precipice with its wings; man, to the top of the honour, with his morals!"
-Mehmet Murat İldan.
Popular Eagle Quotes
Some popular eagle quotes are listed below.
47. "In an eagle there is all the wisdom of the world."
48. "As the eagle was killed by the arrow winged with his own feather so the hand of the world is wounded by its own skill."
49. "Oh, I've been like a captured eagle, you know an eagle's born to fly. Now that I have won my freedom, like an eagle I am eager for the sky."
50. "It is in the stormiest skies that eagles find their true calling."
51. "You need eagles wings to get over things that make no sense in this world."
52. "Even if death were to fall upon you today like lightning, you must be ready to die without sadness and regret, without any residue of clinging for what is left behind. Remaining in the recognition of the absolute view, you should leave this life like an eagle soaring up into the blue sky."
-Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.
53. "But flies an eagle flight, bold and forth on, leaving no track behind."
54. "The eagle may soar; beavers build dams."
55. "Great minds are like eagles, and build their nest in some lofty solitude."
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for 55 of the best eagle quotes that soar high, then why not take a look at these animal house quotes, flying quotes or hummingbird quotes too?
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at [email protected]
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.