Elmo fans, listen up!
“Elmo is so happy to see you! Welcome to Sesame Street!”, we are all pretty familiar with this quote. Be it the kids or the adults, we have all at a point in time come across that messy red charming monster with his constant positive thinking and the messages of inclusivity.
Elmo is just the character that leaves you with a smile. Elmo has been a 'Sesame Street' top pick for more than 50 years. The cute and adorable Elmo has built quite an identity for himself, thanks to funny Elmo sayings. He has done incredible work at making ages of youngsters hopelessly enamored with him. But this charm is just not limited to the youth. The former first lady, Michelle Obama herself, is a big fan. And I am sure many adults are as well on the very same page.
The show should be appreciated for not avoiding awkward subjects, yet rather inclined towards them in a way that small kids can easily comprehend. It can be said that 'Sesame Street' has been vital for families searching for direction on talking through the harder aspects of life with their children.
If you like these Elmo 'Sesame Street' quotes, take a look at [Cookie Monster quotes] and ['Sesame Street' quotes].
Best Funny Elmo Quotes
Elmo connects with all age groups in the purest way, and you cannot hold back from falling for his appeals. So here we have enlisted some funny Elmo quotes so you can experience some more joy and laughs.
1. “Elmo thought Christmas every day would make people happy, Lightning. But it’s making them sad. The Fix-it-Shop is closed, Big Bird is crying, nobody is celebrating. And the Count says Christmas isn’t special anymore because it’s every day. Maybe Santa’s right. Every day can’t be Christmas. That wouldn’t be such a treat. You can get tired of chocolate candy when that’s all you eat. Every day can’t be your birthday. That wouldn’t be such fun. Too many birthdays aren’t as nice as one.”
- Elmo, 'Elmo Saves Christmas'.
2. “Elmo thinks it’s important to be kind because if you’re kind to somebody, then they’ll be kind to somebody, and it goes on and on and on.”
3. “Oh look, it’s Mr Noodle’s brother, Mr Noodle.”
4. “If you keep practising, you can do anything.”
5. “Elmo loves to learn, learn about it all. The things that are big and the things that are small!”
6. “When he rides his tricycle, he always rings his bellmo. Bring Bring! At night he takes a bubble bath. Just so he won’t smellmo. At night he takes a bubble bath. Just so he won’t smellmo.”
- Adam Sandler And Elmo.
7. “Me love me blanky in the whole world. Me sad if me blanky would go away. But if you lose your blanky, my give up my blanky for you, cause that’s how much me loves you.”
8. “When you feel like your nose needs to give an ahh-choo, this is how you act, this is what you do. Lift your arm on high, bend it towards your face, and sneeze right there in the bendy place.”
9. “Wow! That was a fun ride. Gee, look at this place. Where’s Elmo’s Blanket? And- and… and where is Elmo? Elmo doesn’t think he’s on Sesame Street anymore.”
Funny Elmo Quotes
As Elmo is of a similar age to a significant number of his young audience, the connection is instant and long-lasting. Hence, children are his biggest fans and they're always on the lookout for funny Elmo quotes. Read along for some of the extremely popular 'Sesame Street' quotes from Elmo and other characters.
10. “It’s incredible where you can go with your imagination.”
11. “What’s that in the sky? Is it a bird? Is it a really big, blue furry bird?…It’s Super Grover!”
12. “Someone just told Elmo yesterday was Talk in Third Person Day. Elmo doesn’t know what that is but it sounds fun. Can Elmo play?”
13. “Elmo loves you!”
14. “Elmo loves to stay nice and clean!”
15. “Wow, now that was someone who was afraid.”
16. “Apart from being kindness personified, Elmo is likewise three-and-a-half years of age and acts according to his age.”
17. “I used to have wicked nightmares.. stupid dreams about being chased by Elmo. A psycho Elmo with eyes like that Chucky doll. I’d wake up screaming and Vicky would come running in and ask what the nightmare was about. I never told her. I was too embarrassed.”
- Robin Stevenson.
18. “I’ve gotten to hang out with Elmo, I’m the Fairy Shoeperson on ‘Sesame Street’. So hopefully our kids will get to see and hear me as much as they’re able.”
- Neil Patrick Harris.
Popular Elmo Quotes And Sayings
Elmo is a specialist when it comes to delivering lessons. He has masterfully proved that learning can be fun. As for the lessons, well, they are diverse and exciting. Read on for some famous Elmo quotes and other iconic quotes from 'Sesame Street'.
19. “Tickle Me Elmo is, like, the cutest fuzzy little red fella on God’s green earth.”
- Rosemary Rossi.
20. “Though Elmo is quick to say “Elmo loves you,” he doesn’t express his feelings through words alone. Elmo backs up his words with warm hugs and gentle rain of kisses for any child who wants them.”
- Kevin Clash.
21. “So, I’m on ‘Sesame Street,’ walking around with all these monsters, Elmo and his buddies, a whole bunch of chickens, a whole bunch of penguins and a number four dancing about. It was just pure joy, simple, ridiculous fun, stupid joy. There’s no irony. ‘Sesame Street’ is just a crazy great place to be.”
22. “The person I enjoyed interviewing the most was Elmo from Sesame Street because he is so unpredictable and he is always eating my hair and my face.”
- Katie Couric.
23. “I never thought I’d be on Sesame Street with Elmo and Big Bird. I’m still thrilled. I’m on a high.”
- Michelle Obama.
24. “Some of the ’80s movies I did are sort of museum pieces. St. Elmo’s Fire is great as a sort of kitschy, “Oh, my God, I can’t believe we wore that” type of movie.”
- Rob Lowe.
25. “I get intimidated by famous people. When I’m around them and they look at me like I belong, I’m like, ‘Are you nuts? You’re freakin’ famous!’ Whether it’s Elmo or a Beatle or Vince Gill, it’s humbling to be in a room with these folks.”
- Kristian Bush.
26. “I grew up with a very big extended family, with a lot of aunts. We had about five or six houses on one street.”
27. “Some days I think I look kind of cute, but other days I try to avoid the mirror.”
28. “Na na na. na na na, Elmos world!”
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for Elmo quotes, then why not take a look at Charlie Brown quotes or Kermit The Frog quotes.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.