The end of school year is in fact the beginning of the new year because every ending means a new beginning.
It is a new beginning to wake up every day with gratitude and go ahead and strive to achieve all the things that you’ve ever wanted. As students, it feels good to be completing a year of school, but at the same time, the thought of unknown scares a lot of people.
The days you have as a school student are the days that would never come back again. Watching it all come to an end is sad but, at the same time, an opportunity to create a new beginning. A new beginning that would help one to have an even delightful end. What inspires teachers to keep going is watching their students succeed in life. That’s why here we have some of the best end of school year quotes for both teachers and students. Make sure to check them out.
Also, make sure to check out [funny quotes about school] and [preschool teacher quotes] once you’re done with every end of school quote.
Inspirational Quotes For Students
Stepping into the new year at school or in real life means more challenges and hardships to face. Even though challenges and difficulties are part and parcel of life, some people stress about it a lot once school life is over. Here are a few inspirational quotes and end of the school year quotes for students to help you keep going along with graduation quotes and classroom quotes to finish the school year in a happy manner.
1. “A year from now you will wish you had started today.”
2. “Do what you have to do until you can do what you want to do.”
- Oprah Winfrey.
3. “How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”
- A.A. Milne.
4. “You don’t want to look back and know you could’ve done better.”
5. “It is never too late to be what you might have been.”
- George Eliot.
6. “What feels like the end is often the beginning.”
7. “If you want to play, then practice. If you want to win, then practice harder.”
8. “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.”
- Dr. Seuss.
9. “Although no one can go back and make a brand-new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand-new ending.”
- Carl Bard.
10. “Let’s do what we love, and let’s do a lot of it.”
- Marc Jacobs.
11. “I’m not telling you it’s going to be easy- I’m telling you it’s going to be worth it.”
- Art Williams.
12. “Intelligence plus character that is the goal of true education.”
- Martin Luther King Jr.
13. “Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.”
- Robert Collier.
14. “What I remember most about high school are the memories I created with my friends.”
- J. J. Watt.
15. “You’re educated. Your certification is in your degree. You will consider it because the price tags to the nice life. Let Pine Tree State raises you to consider another. consider it as your price tag to alter the planet.”
- Tom Brokaw.
16. “An investment in data continuously pays the simplest interest.”
- Benjamin Franklin.
17. “Your education may be a dry run for a life that’s yours to guide.”
- Nora Ephron.
18. “You don’t attend university therefore you’ll be able to punch a clock. You attend university therefore you’ll be able to be in an exceedingly position to create a distinction.”
- Janet Napolitano.
19. “The stunning factor concerning learning is that nobody will take it off from you.”
- B.B. King.
20. “What sculpture is to a block of marble; education is to the human soul.”
- Joseph Addison.
21. “Intelligence and character—that is that the goal of true education.”
- Martin Theologizer King Jr.
End of School Year Quotes For Teachers
For teachers, the end of the year is much more than time for ‘just another’ batch. The feelings at the end of the year are difficult for teachers as well. Spending six to seven hours daily, helping students, educating them, bonding over things. All of these things result in a strong connection and a strong bond between the teachers and the students. Here are a few educational quotes for teachers along with end of school year quotes to finish the school year on a high.
22. “Teaching: some days you change the world. Other days, you end up hiding under your desk eating the leftover Skittles from a math lesson that was good on paper.”
23. “So often you find that the students you’re trying to inspire are the ones that end up inspiring you.”
- Vicky Davis.
24. “You know it’s the end of a school year when your to-do list resembles a lengthy novel, you’ve learned an entirely new definition of the word ‘exhausted,’...But your heart is completely full as you prepare to say ‘goodbye’ to another group of kids that have made you a better teacher and person.”
25. “I call my students ‘my kids’ because in our year together, they aren’t just kids on my class list, they become a part of my heart.”
26. “Don’t count the days. Make the days count.”
- Muhammad Ali*.
27. “2 things you need to survive the last week of school: chocolate and caffeine.”
28. “They may forget what you said but they will never forget how you made them feel.”
- Carl W. Buehner.
29. “Tell me and I forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I understand.”
- Chinese Proverb.
30. “The greatest sign of success for a teacher...is to be able to say, ‘The children are now working as if I did not exist.’”
- Maria Montessori.
31. “Education...is not to reform students, or to amuse them, or to make them expert technicians. It is to unsettle their minds, widen their horizons, inflame their intellects, and teach them to think straight, if possible.”
- Robert M. Hutchins.
32. “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
- Albert Einstein.
33. “Good teaching is more a giving of right questions than a giving of right answers.”
- Josef Albers.
34. “The job of an educator is to teach students to see the vitality in themselves.”
- Joseph Campbell.
35. “Being a teacher is not a 9 - 5 job.”
- Heidi McDonald.
36. “A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it is not open.”
- Frank Zappa.
37. “A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.”
- Roald Dahl.
38. “A teacher’s job is to take a bunch of live wires and see that they are well-grounded.”
- D. Martin.
39. “Being a new teacher is like trying to fly an airplane while building it.”
- Rick Smith.
40. “Being a teacher is a lot like being a rock star.”
- Heidi McDonald.
Funny School Quotes For Students
Making fun of each other, buttering up the teachers, group studying, fooling around with new ideas are a few things every student has done. That is why end of the year quotes are all about the classroom experiences. Here are a few funny school quotes that you will enjoy at the end of the year.
41. “If the world ends in 2012, I’ve wasted my whole life in school.”
42. “The two best days of school, the first and the last.”
43. School may be hard, annoying, and irritating. But admit it, you’re going to miss it when it ends.”
44. “When I say I miss school, I mean my friends and the fun. Not the studying part.”
45. “If I studied the way I do during finals week all year long, I would be a freaking genius.”
46. “High school is a divine-right monarchy. And when the queen goes on vacation, things change."
- John Green, 'Paper Towns'.
47. “Trust me, high school ends. You graduate and get away from all the people you never want to see again... it’s all good.”
48. “In school they told me Practice makes perfect. And then they told me Nobody’s perfect, so then I stopped practicing.”
- Steven Wright.
49. “As long as teachers give tests, there will always be prayer in schools.”
- Ronald Reagan.
50. “A man who has never gone to school may steal from a freight car; but if he has a university education, he may steal the whole railroad.”
- Theodore Roosevelt.
End of School Year Quotes For Students
End of the school year us in fact time to prepare to come back to school after a few days to be with your friends. Here are some motivational quotes to give you all the ideas for what lies ahead.
51. “In recalling their school years, students mostly remember their teachers, and not the courses they took.”
52. “You’re off to great to great places. Today is your first day! Your mountain is waiting, so get on your way!”
- Dr. Seuss.
53. “…just like in other parts of your life, you will get out of middle school what you put into it.”
- Sandy Silverthorne.
54. “You could just go to school, do the work and get through it, or you could really dive in and take advantage of all the cool opportunities that are now available to you.”
- Sandy Silverthorne.
55. "High school is neither a democracy nor a dictatorship – nor, contrary to popular belief, an anarchic state."
- John Green, 'Paper Towns'.
*Do you know where this quote originates? Let us know at email@example.com.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for end of school year quotes, why not look at [teacher retirement] and [end of summer quotes].
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.