A person needs a strong will and a set of skills to achieve success.
“Never give up on something that you can’t go on a day without thinking about.” As Winston Churchill described, one should make himself stronger enough to make a difference in the world. There is no shame in dreaming big and believing in making it a reality.
To achieve success, working hard and getting knowledge is not enough. What we need more is the belief in oneself and the ability to never give up on your dreams even after going through numerous failures. One needs to believe in the actions and dreams to make it a reality and work on every step to achieve it.
Check out the 65 best endurance quotes that will help you grow and move forward in life fearlessly and give you the strength to stand firm.
Most Inspirational Quotes About Perseverance
Endurance quotes from the Bible have been inspiring generations since many years. These quotes provide all the information required to conquer the minds and push the limits. Check out some of the best quotes about endurance which you will surely love.
1. “Come what may, all bad fortune is to be conquered by endurance.”
2. “Heroism is endurance for one moment more.”
- George F. Kennan.
3. “Solitude, isolation, are painful things and beyond human endurance.”
- Jules Verne.
4. “Despite your best efforts, people are going to be hurt when it’s time for them to be hurt.”
- Haruki Murakami.
5. “So comes snow after fire, and even dragons have their endings.”
- J.R.R. Tolkien.
6. “This too shall pass.”
- Hakim Sanai.
7. “What cannot be altered must be borne, not blamed.”
- Thomas Fuller.
8. “Endurance is one of the most difficult disciplines, but it is to the one who endures that the final victory comes.”
- Gautama Buddha.
9. “Not in achievement, but in endurance, of the human soul, does it show its divine grandeur and its alliance with the infinite.”
- Edwin Hubbel Chapin.
10. “A leader, once convinced that a particular course of action is the right one, must be undaunted when the going gets tough.”
- Ronald Reagan.
11. “Endurance is not just the ability to bear a hard thing but to turn it into glory.”
- William Barclay.
12. “Happy he who learns to bear what he cannot change.”
- Johann Friedrich Von Schiller.
13. “Endurance is patience concentrated.”
- Thomas Carlyle.
14. “If you are losing faith in human nature, go out and watch a marathon.”
- Kathrine Switzer.
15. “Out of suffering comes the serious mind; out of salvation, the grateful heart; out of endurance, fortitude; out of deliverance faith. Patient endurance attends to all things.”
- Teresa Of Avila.
Fantastic Endurance Quotes You Will Love
Endurance quotes help you move towards achieving your goal in life and also prepares you to push for the finish line. For your information, whether it be your daily routine or an endurance race, endurance is one thing that will push your body to victory and also prepare you to overcome self-criticism. Read on for some motivational endurance quotes.
16. “Scars are not signs of weakness, they are signs of survival and endurance.”
- Rodney A Winters.
17. “You can close your eyes to the things you do not want to see, but you cannot close your heart to the things you do not want to feel.”
― Tabitha Suzuma.
18. “Humans are built for endurance, not speed. We’re awful sprinters compared to every other animal. We try to run our races as if they were speed races, but they are not. They’re endurance races. Even a marathon, the way it’s run now, it’s not an endurance contest.”
- Christopher McDougall.
19. “If you're going to go through hell...I suggest you come back learning something.
- Drew Barrymore.
20. “You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.”
― Marcus Aurelius.
21. “The only things in my life that compatibly exists with this grand universe are the creative works of the human spirit.”
- Ansel Adam.
22. "Sorrow and silence are strong, and patient endurance is godlike."
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
23. “We can do anything we want to do if we stick to it long enough.”
- Helen Keller.
24. “Endurance is the crowning quality, And patience all the passion of great hearts.”
- James Russell Lowell.
25. “In the midst of winter, I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer.”
- Albert Camus.
26. “Happy he who learns to bear what he cannot change.”
- Friedrich Schiller.
27. “I guessed life was like that. You gained and you lost, and if you saved anything from the ruins, even if only a shred of self-respect, it was enough to take you through the next bit.”
- Dick Francis.
28. “When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you… never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.”
- Harriet Beecher Stowe.
29. “Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did.”
- Newt Gingrich.
30. “Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.”
- Tim Notke.
Amazing Endurance Quotes
We all look for something to improve our endurance. Strength, hard work, and endurance complement each other. Here are some of the most amazing endurance quotes that will help people find endurance for one self and one's mind.
31. “It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up.”
- Babe Ruth.
32. “Never say never because limits, like fears, are often just an illusion.”
- Michael Jordan.
33. “True endurance, I think, comes from the inside. It comes from motivation and belief in what you’re doing.”
- Neil Strauss.
34. “I place my fingers upon these keys typing 2,000 dreams per minute and naked of spirit dance forth my cosmic vortex upon this crucifix called language.”
35. “If you’re serious about sanctification, you can expect to experience heart-wrenching moments that try your faith, your endurance, and your patience.”
- Sheri L. Dew.
36. “Endurance is staying calm under storms.”
- Ruchi Gambhir.
37. “The angel circled the model of a mother very slowly. ‘It’s too soft’ she sighed. ‘But tough!’ said God excitedly. ‘You can imagine what this mother can do or endure.”
- Erma Bombeck.
38. “Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.”
- Bruce Lee.
39. “Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.”
- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe.
40. “I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness because it shows me the stars.”
- Og Mandino.
41. “He conquers who endures.”
42. “Without patient endurance, even the smallest thing becomes unbearable. A lot depends on our attitude.”
- Dalai Lama.
43. “It’s not that I’m so smart, it’s just that I stay with problems longer.”
- Albert Einstein.
44. “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.”
- Thomas Edison.
45. “A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on. Ideas have endurance without death.”
- John F. Kennedy.
Inspiring Endurance Quotes
If you are an athlete then you can develop your endurance with hard work. Check out some of the most inspiring quotes on endurance to constantly inspire yourself to work on your dreams and push hard for something you desire.
46. “All through my life, I have been tested. My will has been tested, my courage has been tested, my strength has been tested. Now my patience and endurance are being tested.”
- Muhammad Ali.
47. “Failure is only the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.”
- Henry Ford.
48. “Then let us all do what is right, strive with all our might toward the unattainable, develop as fully as we can the gifts God has given us, and never stop learning.”
- Ludwig Van Beethoven.
49. “Endurance is nobler than strength, and patience than beauty.”
- John Ruskin.
50. “A lie has speed, but truth has endurance.”
- Edgar J. Mohn.
51. “The bird that flutters least is the longest on the wing.”
- William Cowper.
52. “Tough times never last, but tough people do.”
- Dr. Robert Schuller.
53. “If there’s magic in boxing, it’s the magic of fighting battles beyond endurance, beyond cracked ribs, ruptured kidneys, and detached retinas. It’s the magic of risking everything for a dream that nobody sees but you.”
- Morgan Freeman.
54. “It won’t be long now, gentlemen. And it won’t be very pleasant. But such is the price of patriotism.”
- Peter Firth.
55. “Friends stick together to the end.”
- Nathan Lane.
56. “To win without risk is to triumph without glory.”
- Pierre Corneille.
57. “Persistent people begin their success where others end in failure.”
- Edward Eggleston.
58. “Men ran after and ate horses for four hundred thousand years. The outcome is more than a love of horseflesh; it is a runner’s body.”
- Paul Shepard.
59. “There are as many reasons for running as there are days in a year...But mostly I run because I am an animal and a child.”
- Dr. George Sheehan.
60. “Running! If there’s any activity happier, more exhilarating, more nourishing to the imagination, I can’t think of what it might be.”
- Joyce Carol Oates.
61. “The first virtue in a soldier is the endurance of fatigue courage is only the second virtue.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte.
62. “Endurance in this wicked world is the bravest thing a person can show through it all.”
- Victoria Landrum.
63. “Love just pampers you, but strength is offered by pains. Endure it patiently, and you shall witness the gains.”
- K. Nirvan.
64. “It was flight now, a desperate, hopeless flight, that carried him on for some hours.”
- Richard Connell.
65. “Perhaps my only real expertise, my only talent, is to endure beyond the endurable.”
- Jeff Vander Meer.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for endurance quotes, then why not take a look at track and field quotes or [marathon quotes].
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.