Feathers positively symbolize trust, integrity, strength, wisdom, power, and freedom.
It is profoundly revered and is also a sign of high honor. Feathers are sacred gifts from the divine, a show of force from the heavens that they listen to the prayers, your wishes, and desires.
Any kind of feather can be a sign, but the importance of finding a feather in an unusual place or having one suddenly float across your path can especially seem to be a sign from angels or a loved one who has passed to the other side. The connection of feathers with birds they have always been a symbol of flight and freedom. Here are some of the best feather quotes that are lighter than the air. Which quote will be your favorite? They all have a beautiful meaning, from fly quotes to Joanna Baillie quotes and sayings and more.
If you enjoy these feather sayings, you may also like these [bird quotes] and [chicken quotes].
Best Feather Quotes And Sayings
Feathers have always been a symbol of honor and connection in poems. Feathers allow birds to fly, but they also help them show off, blend in, stay warm, and keep dry. Here are some of the best feather quotes from poems and other sources for you to experience the true meaning of life. You'll find inspirational quotes by Joanna Baillie, Shania Twain, and plenty more to start or end your day with.
1. “Life is short. It can come and go like a feather in the wind.”
- Shania Twain.
2. “A heart without dreams is like a bird without feathers.”
- Suzy Kassem.
3. “A willing heart adds feather to the heel.”
- Joanne Baillie.
4. “The brain is wider than the sky.”
- Emily Dickinson.
5. “I am a feather for each wind that blows.”
- William Shakespeare.
6. “My tender mercies never fail, for they are new every morning.”
- Maude Rodriquez.
7. “I have to remind myself that some birds aren’t meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright.”
- Stephen King.
8. “If feathers don’t ruffle, nothing flies.”
- Jessica Raine.
9. “May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather.”
- Edward Ramsay.
10. “A couple of feathers that we found at Auburn Botanical garden. They are from Cape Barren Geese. The feathers that are in the middle of their back have markings on them that look like heart..”
Famous Feather Quotes And Quotations From Authors
Feathers are often referred to as a good sign sent from the divine, as a message from your dear and loved ones. Here are some of the inspirational quotes about feathers and fascinating feathers quotes to read on your way home to get some amazing ideas and designs.
11. “Words and feathers the wind carries away.”
- George Herbet.
12. “Hope is a thing with feathers.”
- Emily Dickinson.
13. “A brain of feathers, and a heart of lead.”
- Alexander Pope.
14. “I am a free man. I feel as light as a feather.”
- Javier Perez De Cuellar.
15. “The soul, light as a feather, fluid as water, innocent as a child, responds to every movement of grace like a floating balloon.”
- Jean-Pierre De Caussade.
16. “Like a feather in a dust storm, with no direction The Raven flies through life, helpless and omitted Until night declares and the wind expires. Then it flies to the land of stones and etchings And becomes an Ember, breaking away.”
- Jessica Sorensen.
17. “The day is done, and the darkness Falls from the wings of Night, As a feather is wafted downward From an eagle in his flight.”
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
18. “Flying without feathers is not easy: my wings have no feathers.”
19. “Why slap them on the wrist with feather when you can belt them over the head with a sledgehammer.”
- Katharine Hepburn.
20. “I don’t have feathers, but I feel like a bird sometimes.”
- Yves Rossy.
Birds Of A Feather Quotes And Sayings
A feather is a symbol of acknowledgment that someone or something in the spirit world is looking out for you, keeping you safe and empowering you to whatever path you set upon. By the way this holds true for every person, baby, or living being. Read along for quotes on feathers from heaven poem and another feather poem.
21. “Life is always either; a tight -rope or a feather-bed. — Give me the tightrope.”
- Edith Wharton.
22. “The power of philosophy floats through my head…light like a feather, heavy as lead.”
- Bob Marley.
23. “Imagine if birds were tickled by feathers. You’d see a flock of birds come by, laughing hysterically!”
- Steven Wright.
24. “Self-pity in its early stage is as snug as a feather mattress. Only when it hardens does it become uncomfortable.”
- Maya Angelou.
25. “Style is the feather in the arrow, not the feather in the cap.”
- George Sampson.
26. “Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud.”
- Maya Angelou.
27. “Feather by feather, the goose is plucked.”
- John Ray.
28. “There’s nothing better than sinking into my feather pillows after a hard day’s work.”
- Kirsten Prout.
29. “It is not only fine feathers that make fine birds.”
30. “My problems are as light as a feather because god carries them for me.”
- Skylar Laine.
Motivational Feather Quotes And Sayings
Feathers tend to represent a connection to spiritual realms and divinity. Read on for some inspirational quotes about feathers and great feathers quotes as well as peacock feather quotes and sayings.
31. “Feathers predate birds.”
- Robert T. Bakker.
32. “If you keep your feathers well oiled the water of criticism will run off as from a duck’s back.”
- Ellen Swallow Richards.
33. “Because the heart beats under a covering of hair, of fur, feathers, or wings, it is, for that reason, to be of no account?”
- Jean Paul.
34. “Feathers are light; but when they come together, they become heavy!”
- Mehmat Murat Ildan.
35. “Feathers shall raise men even as they do birds towards heaven: That is by letters written with their quills.”
- Leonardo Da Vinci.
36. “Writing songs is like capturing birds without killing them. Sometimes you end up with nothing but a mouthful of feathers.”
- Tom Waits.
37. “Men think highly of those who rise rapidly in the world; whereas nothing rises quicker than dust, straw, and feathers.”
- Lord Byron.
38. “Man is a two-legged animal without feathers.”
39. “Paint the flying spirit of the bird rather than its feathers.”
- Robert Henri.
40. “Movement is most of what a bird is. When they’re dead, they’re only feathers and air.”
- William Wharton.
Sayings and Inspirational Quotes On Feathers
Feathers can have varying meanings, but they have always been associated with freedom, transcendence, and communication with spiritual realms. Read on for some truly inspirational quotes about feathers and motivating feathers quotes and sayings.
41. “We flashed our feathers when the feathers were fit to be flashed, and now, in drearier days, many stay indoors.”
- Anne Roiphe.
42. “It was the kind of sword that would make a lifelong pacifist look for tall boots and a hat with feathers.”
- Illona Andrews.
43. “My head is buried in the sands of tomorrow, while my tail feathers are singed by the hot sun of today.”
- John Barrymore.
44. “I’ve always loved stories of animals and birds that can appear to be human, just by taking off their skins or their feathers.”
- Delia Sherman.
45. “If you do anything well, gratitude is lighter than a feather; if you give offense in anything, people’s wrath is as heavy as lead.”
46. “A peacock that rests on his feathers is just another turkey.”
- Dolly Parton.
47. “Life consists in molting our illusions. We form creeds today only to throw them away tomorrow. The eagle molts a feather because he is growing a better one.”
- Elbert Hubbard.
48. “As a rule reading fiction is as hard for me as trying to hit a target by hurling feathers at it. I need resistance to celebrate!”
- William James.
49. “I am not of that feather, to shake off my friend when he must need me.”
- William Shakespeare.
50. “Once you sleep on feathers you can’t go back to sleeping on the floor.”
- Lenny Bruce.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for feather quotes, then why not take a look at [eagle quotes], or [flying quotes].
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.