Are you looking for a feminine demon name with 'a great as hell' backstory?
Or perhaps you are inspired by demon angels like Lucifer, the King of Hell. Yet, you cannot find a devil name which is the feminine equivalent of great names for the Devil.
Don't' worry. We've got you covered with the list of these female demon names with origins from all over the world. The names on this list belong to different demon types and you are free to choose any one from this list. So, without waiting anymore, scroll down this list and choose demon names that suit your need best.
Female Demons' Names From Asia And Oceania
Here is a list of demon names from the continents of Asia and Europe.
1. Abere (Melanesian origin) is a demoness talked about in the mythic stories of Melanesia.
2. Akhkhazu (Akkadian origin) is a female demon from Akkadian mythology.
3. Al Basty (Sumerian origin) is an ancient Sumerian female spirit who is supposed to be the personification of guilt. The name means being guilty.
4. Alkonost (Russian origin)is an evil demon bird with the head of a woman from Russia.
5. Anna Maruthu (South Indian origin) are female mythical creatures from the state of Kerela in Indian mythology.
6. Ardat Lili (Sumerian origin) was a succubus and demoness from ancient Sumeria.
7. Aswang (Filipino origin) is a female vampiric demon spirit.
8. Batibat (Tagalog origin) meaning "nightmare" is a vengeful female demon from the Filipino culture.
9. Berberoka (Filipino origin) was the name of an evil mythical swamp demon in the folklore of the Philippines.
10. Buduh (Arabic origin) is the feminine djinn of love in Islamic connotations. This can have great use as girl demon names.
11. Chamunda (Indian origin) is a monstrous form of the demon Goddess Kali from Hindu mythology. For feminine and feisty names of demons, this is a great choice.
12. Charmo Vetr (Middle Asian origin) is a female demon from the mountains of Hindukush in Asia.
13. Chedipe (South Indian origin) is a demonic witch and vampire from North Indian myths.
14. Chesma Iyesi (Turkish origin) belongs to Turkey's mythology and is one of the cat-shaped female demons.
15. Chordeva (Indian origin) is a feminine demon in the form of a cat in Indian mythology.
16. Chureil (Indian origin) is a moniker, which means witch or demons in the Indian subcontinent mythology.
17. Dakini (Sanskrit origin) is the name of a sacred demonic feminine spirit in Hinduism. You are free to use female demon names like this one.
18. Daruka (Sanskrit origin) is a feminine demon from Indian mythology.
19. Durukti (Sanskrit origin) meaning "evil speech". She is a demon from the Indian mythic texts.
20. Futakuchi-Onna (Japanese origin) means "two- mouthed woman"; this is a Japanese demonic monster who takes a woman's form.
21. Gwisin (Korean origin) are Korean evil spirits who haunt people.
22. Hanako-San (Japanese origin) meaning 'flower girl". This is the name of a demon's spirit in Japan who haunts school bathrooms in urban legends. Many use this as baby names.
23. Hannya (Japanese origin) meaning "wisdom". This is the name of a demonic mask used for theater in Japan, and many female demon names like this can also be used as baby names.
24. Harionago (Japanese origin) meaning "barbed women". This is the name of a frightening woman ghoul in Japanese culture.
25. Hashihime (Japanese origin) meaning "maiden of the bridge". This term, used for describing a Japanese demon fueled by envy and jealousy, can also serve as baby names for many.
26. Hone-Onna (Japanese origin) is a Japanese demon whose name means "woman in bones". A scary option for baby names or even character names.
27. Huli Jing (Chinese origin), meaning "fox spirit", are women shapeshifters who feed on people.
28. Jorogumo (Japanese origin) means "woman spider" and is a demoness.
29. Kali (Indian origin) is the name of the demon Goddess of hell in Hinduism.
30. Kino (Japanese origin) is an 'oni' or a demon with feminine spirits.
31. Krasue (Cambodian origin) is an evil abomination in the form of a woman.
32. Kuchisake-Onna (Japanese origin), meaning "slit-mouthed woman", is a malicious demon spirit in Japan's folklore.
33. Kumiho (Korean origin) meaning "nine-tailed fox"; they are shapeshifting demonic creatures that eat human body parts.
34. Lamashtu (Mesopotamian origin) refers to a woman monster and demon who haunted women and children.
35. Mahishi (Sanskrit origin) means "buffalo" and refers to a female buffalo demoness from the Indian texts.
36. Mikaribaba (Japanese origin) was the name given to an old one-eyed demon woman.
37. Nang (Thai origin) from the woman spirits Nang Ta-Khien and Nang-Tani, who supposedly haunts trees in Thailand.
38. Nure-Onna (Japanese origin) meaning "wet woman". This woman demon comes from Japanese myths and has a serpent's body.
39. Okiku (Japanese origin) meaning "chrysanthemum"; this was a female demonic and evil spirit in a famous Japanese ghost story. This is suitable for baby names too.
40. Pontianak (Indonesian origin) means "woman who died in childbirth" and refers to a feminine demonic creature who haunts men.
41. Rangda (Balinese origin) meaning "widow"; this is the name of the demon queen of the Leyak tribe in Bali.
42. Shahmaran (Persian origin) meaning "leader of snakes"; this demonic creature's name can be perfect for demoness names.
43. Sila (Arabic origin) is the name of one of the most dangerous supernatural creatures in Arabic myths. This name can be perfect for evil names.
44. White Snake (Chinese origin) is a name that comes from the popularized demonic tale of the white snake in China.
45. Yakshini (Sanskrit origin) is another one of the demoness names that you can see in Indian mythology.
Demonic Female Names From Europe
European demon names are given below in this list.
46. Abyzou (Hebrew origin) is a female demon from Jewish and Hebrew mythology.
47. Agrat bat Mahalat (Hebrew origin) is a demoness in Jewish mythology.
48. Ajatar (Finnish origin), meaning "to pursue", is the name of an evil spirit in Finnish folklore.
49. Akka (Finnish origin), meaning "old dead woman", is a female evil demon spirit from Finnish and Estonian myths.
50. Ala (Eastern European origin) (plural: Ale) is the name of a female demonic spirit in Eastern European countries.
51. Aloja (Catalan origin) are water demons taking the form of women in the folklore of Catalunia in Spain. This can also be used as baby names.
52. Angrbroda (Norse origin), meaning "sorrow bringer", is the name of a female demonic giant in Norse myths.
53. Askafroa (Swedish origin) means "wife of ash tree" and is a European evil female spirit who has malicious intent.
54. Bananachs (Irish origin) were supernatural demon spirits haunting battlefields in Irish mythology.
55. Banshee (Irish origin), meaning "fairy woman", is a female wailing evil spirit, popular in Irish mythology.
56. Baobhan Sith (Gaelic origin) is a woman demon vampire appearing in Scottish tales.
57. Bean-nighe (Celtic origin) is the name of Scottish female spirits, which are considered omens of death.
58. Blednica (Slavic origin) is the name of a Slavic forest demoness.
59. Borda (Italian origin) is the name of an Italian demon witch.
60. Buschweibchen (Germanic origin) is an old and wrinkly German demon woman.
61. Caoineag (Gaelic origin), meaning "weeper", is a female crying spirit demon from Scottish folklore.
62. Charybdis (Greek origin) is a feminine sea monster in Greek mythology.
63. Cliodhna (Irish origin) was the demon queen of the Irish banshees. We can see that this is an excellent option for female demon names and also for baby names.
64. Daemonium (Latin origin) is the Latin for "demon" and can be great as female demon names for girls.
65. Dames Blanches (French origin) are supernatural evil spirits in French myths.
66. Delphyne (Greek origin)is the name of a monstrous and evil serpent in folklore.
67. Dracaena (Greek origin) is the demonic female dragon in Greek mythology.
68. Draconcopede (Greek origin) is a unique name; it means a monstrous entity with a woman's body.
69. Estry (Hebrew origin), from Estries, is supposed to be feminine demonic vampires in and Jewish mythology.
70. Gello (Greek origin) is the name of ancient demon spirits. In Christian demonology, they are thought to possess women.
71. Glaistig (Gaelic origin) is a half-women and half-goat demoness present in Scottish folklore.
72. Hulder (Norse origin), meaning "secret", is the moniker of Scandinavian women demons who live in forests.
73. Kampe (Greek origin)is the name of a female monster in Grecian mythology.
74. Kikimoro (Slavic origin) is a legendary demon spirit who lives in houses according to Slavic mythology.
75. Lamia (Greek origin) meaning "radiant". This is the name of the children hunting demon in Greek mythology. However, many have used it as a name for a baby and quite a sweet name on this list.
76. Likhoradka (Russian origin) meaning "endeavor through bad luck"; this is the name given to Slavic women demons who possess the body and cause illness.
77. Mavka (Ukrainian origin) is the name of a feminine evil spirit in Ukraine's folklore.
78. Morgen (Welsh origin) is a name derived from morgens, which are feminine water spirits who drown men.
79. Mormo (Greek origin) is a hideous demon woman from Greek myths.
80. Moura (Moorish origin), from the enchanted Moura, refers to a feminine supernatural spirit in Portuguese myths.
81. Naamah (Hebrew origin) meaning "pleasant". However, in Jewish myths, Naamah is far from pleasant and is a demon woman.
82. Nocnitsa (Slavic origin) is the name used to refer to demon spirits who haunt nightmares.
83. Rusalka (Slavic origin) refers to the demonic creature who has a woman's shape and hunts many men. But, this name is one of those demon names preferred for a baby
84. Selkolla (Icelandic origin) is a supernatural entity whose story combines Christian demonology and local cultural elements.
85. Vântoase (Romanian origin), meaning "spirits of the wind", is the name of a feminine demonic creature from Romanian folklore.
Cool Demon Names From Other Continents And Origins
Here is a list of names of demons and spirit from other parts of the world.
86. Aicha Kandicha (Moroccan origin) is a female demoness from Moroccon mythology.
87. Ammit (Egyptian origin) was a female demoness and a funeral Goddess in ancient Egypt.
88. Aosoth (Satanic origin) is a female demon who does the Devil's work.
89. Apotamkin (Indigenous origin) are female demons from the folklores of Native America.
90. Aynaet (Ethiopian origin) is the name of a feminine demon with an evil stare from Ethiopia.
91. Cegua (Nahuatl origin) meaning "woman". You are free to use this demonic enchantress's name from Central America for demon girl names.
92. Ciguapa (Unknown origin) is a mythical demon from Dominican folklore.
93. Cihuateteo (Aztec origin) meaning "divine woman". According to the Aztec culture, they were demons with the spirit of women who had died during childbirth. One of the fearsome names.
94. Jengu (African origin) is the name of the good water demon spirits worshipped by some native tribes in Cameroon.
95. La Llorona (Hispanic origin) refers to the women demon spirit who cries for her drowned children. This is one of the demonic names popularized through movies in pop culture.
96. La Sayona (South American origin) is a vengeful, demonic creature who comes after men having affairs.
97. Mazikeen (Hebrew origin) meaning "harmful spirits". Mazikeen is a character in the TV series 'Lucifer'. For satanic names, this is a great choice.
98. Patasola (South American origin), meaning "one foot", is the name of feminine monsters in Latin American stories.
99. Pincoya (Chilean origin) refers to an evil water spirit of feminine nature.
100. Soucriant (Hispanic/French origin) meaning "to suck blood". This is the name of a demonic vampire from the folklore of the Dominican Republic and nearby islands.
101. Tsonokwa (Indigenous origin) meaning "wild woman". This is a beneficial demoness from the Native American myths in present-day Canada.
102. Tunda (South American Origin) is the name of a feminine entity in Ecuador and Columbia known to trap people in forests.
103. Werzelya (African origin) refers to an Ethiopian demon woman who killed and drank her own daughter's blood. For Demoness names meaning evil, this is an excellent choice for people.
104. Xtabay (Mayan origin) meaning "woman spirit". For female demon names, this is very unique.
Kidadl has lots of great baby names articles to inspire you. If you liked our suggestions for Female Demon Names then why not take a look at something different like Angelic Names or Saint Names For Girls.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.