Flag day is a designated day to celebrate a flag’s adoption or celebrate a particular country’s historical movement.
Flag day has its origin in the United States of America. This day is a famous holiday where the citizens show respect and patriotism to the country and participate in several activities.
Commonly, Flag day is celebrated in the United States on 14 June, originally beginning in 1777. The United States adopted the national flag after the second continental congress approved the red, white, and blue design of the flag. Hence, this day is celebrated to respect nationality and as a remembrance of the Flag resolution of 1777. The people recognize the nation, and the flag represents the people in front of the world. Here are best Flag Day quotes for you to celebrate.
Happy Flag Day Quotes And Patriotic Quotes
Every citizen of a nation or a country has the utmost respect and patriotic feeling towards his or her country. This innate feeling arises considering the sacrifices and battles that the nation has gone through and to respect all the lost lives for the nation. Read on for some of the most famous quotes about the American flag.
1. “To survive in peace and harmony, united and strong, we must have one people, one nation, one flag.”
- Pauline Hanson.
2. “If you want a symbolic gesture, don’t burn the flag; wash it.”
- Norman Thomas.
3. “A thoughtful mind, when it sees a nation’s flag, sees not the flag, but the nation itself.”
- Henry Ward Beecher.
4. “Flags are bits of colored cloth that governments use first to shrink-wrap people’s minds and then as ceremonial shrouds to bury the dead.”
- Arundhati Roy.
5. “Patriotism consists not in waving the flag, but in striving that our country shall be righteous as well as strong.”
- James Bryce.
6. “Patriotism is not short, frenzied outbursts of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.”
- Adlai Stevenson.
7. “When we honor our flag, we honor what we stand for as a Nation -- freedom, equality, justice, and hope.”
- Ronald Reagan.
8. “Our flag is not just one of many political points of view. Rather, the flag is a symbol of our national unity.”
- Adrian Cronauer.
9. “I believe our flag is more than just cloth and ink. It is a universally recognized symbol that stands for liberty, and freedom. It is the history of our nation, and it’s marked by the blood of those who died defending it.”
- John Thune.
10. “This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.”
- Elmer Davis.
11. “It is the flag just as much of the man who was naturalized yesterday as of the men whose people have been here many generations.”
- Henry Cabot Lodge.
12. “Oh! say, does that star-spangled banner yet wave,
O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave.”
- Francis Scott Key, ‘The Star-Spangled Banner.’
13. “It is not always the same thing to be a good man and a good citizen.”
Amazing Quotes About Flag Day
A flag is a symbol of respect, patriotism, peace, and celebration of the togetherness of the nation. One must respect the flag and its significance as it’s a sign of the nation’s struggles. Read on for some of the best flag day history Woodrow Wilson quotes to motivate you to feel glory for the country as well some amazing flag day quotes about the American flag.
14. “We identify the flag with almost everything we hold dear on earth, peace, security, liberty, our family, our friends, our home.”
- Calvin Coolidge.
15. “Every glory that we associate with it is the result of duty done.”
— Calvin Coolidge.
16. “Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.”
- Mark Twain.
17. “We take the stars from heaven, the red from our mother country, separating it by white stripes, thus showing that we have separated from her, and the white stripes shall go down to posterity, representing our liberty.”
- George Washington.
18. “A man may climb Everest for himself, but at the summit he plants his country’s flag.”
- Margaret Thatcher.
19. “Liberty has never come from the government. Liberty has always come from the subjects of the government. The history of government is a history of resistance. The history of liberty is the history of the limitation of government, not the increase of it.”
- Woodrow Wilson.
20. “This flag which we honor and under which we serve is the emblem of our unity, our power, our thought and purpose as a nation.”
- Woodrow Wilson.
Best Flag Day Quotations
The motto of American flag day is “In God We Trust.” Here are some of the best flag day quotes to motivate you to serve the nation.
21. “He flew a flag out in our yard. Until the day that he died.”
- Toby Keith.
22. “You’re the emblem of the land I love, the home of the free and the brave.”
- George M. Cohan, ‘You’re A Grand Old Flag.’
23. “...when we look at our flag and behold it emblazoned with all our rights, we must remember that it is equally a symbol of our duties.”
- Calvin Coolidge.
24. “The American flag is the symbol of our freedom, national pride and history.”
- Mike Fitzpatrick.
25. “A thoughtful mind, when it sees a nation s flag, sees not the flag only, but the Nation itself; and whatever may be its symbols, its insignia, he reads chiefly in the flag the Government, the principles, the truths, the history which belongs to the Nation that sets it forth.”
- Henry Ward Beecher.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for flag day quotes, then why not take a look at [July 4 quotes] or American dream quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.