It's plane to see you can't get enough of puns, so here are some more flying over from the departure gate to entertain you and your family.
A pun can appear in a fully-fledged joke, be a short sentence you can slip into a conversation or a tale that twists and turns through wordplay fun, and flight puns can deliver them all. Every pun on this list is designed to make you and your family laugh out loud!
When the first flight pun appeared is a mystery, but a lot has happened to inspire plane related humor since the very first successful aircraft took to the skies in 1903. The legendary Wright Brothers invented a craft with a three axis control, so the pilot could successfully control it in the air. Technology and air travel is an ever-changing match made in heaven, and as planes improve so does plane, flying, and airport-related humor (or not as the case may be).
Whether you are a pun fan or a newbie, fasten your seatbelts, grab a friend, and get laughing along with us. We have pilot puns, air puns, and even a few baggage themed funnies. Who would have thought when the Wright brothers took their first flight, that so many years later we've have a global network of airports and access to fly to all kinds of destinations, and the jokes and one-liners that come with them!
These skilled and experienced crew members are responsible for getting passengers all over the world safely to their destinations every single day of the year. They work hard, while we take flight with the best pilot puns they have inspired.
1. Pilots would be very hard to beat in a competition, they are always ready for a-rrival.
2. Did you know that Japanese pilots never turn of the lights when they are landing the plane, they just dim-sum.
3. Airline pilots have never been very adventurous crisp eaters, they choose plane every time.
4. My dad used to be an airline pilot, but he decided to retire because it got too Boe-ing.
5. Many passengers are not keen to fly with a Dutch pilot in charge, they worry that he would nether-land.
6. What breakfast did the German air force love to eat on the plane? Luft-waffles.
7. If there's one thing that pilots are vulnerable to catching when they fly, it's the flew!
8. I can imagine a cartoon where food could fly, there would be many animated pie-lots.
Funny Airplane Puns
The only living things that are able to perform 'powered flight' are birds, bats, and insects. Just as well humans invented the plane then, and some plane puns that are hard to beat.
9. What do you think about the new plane I bought yesterday? It's a shame I couldn't keep the hangar.
10. In the US the presidential jet has just had a comical makeover, with features and a wig painted on, It will now be known as Hair Force One.
11. Here's an epic flying pun, did you hear about the snake crossed with a plane? It was a Boeing Constrictor.
12. When a large group of adult male ducks are flying in the cargo hold, it's like Drakes On A Plane.
13. There's a great author of airplane and flying books, you may have heard of him, his names Landon Safely.
14. Sometimes planes go in for maintenance when they have cracks in their bodywork, we call them air-line fractures.
15. The Swiss President has his own private jet, it's nicknamed Tobler One.
Short And Snappy Puns About Flying
We think you may take flight with these quick flying one liners. See how many you can use when having fun with your friends.
16. Don't overthink it, just keep it plane and simple.
17. You always think clearer in the cold flight of day.
18. It's a flight as a feather.
19. Mum and Dad said it was 'love at first flight' when they met.
20. It's a move in the flight direction.
21. I've been flying to say this to you.
22. Oh, for flying out loud.
The Best Flight Attendant, Baggage And Airplane Puns
A real mixture of wordplay here, and no flying squirrel puns in sight. Take a trip to the airport and beyond and have a giggle with a friend or two.
23. Brad Pitt got fed up with the underground boxing scene while filming, so he changed the concept, went up in the air, and the movie got renamed 'Flight Club'.
24. Did you hear about the vultures who went to check-in for their flight at the airport? When the check-in agent asked them if they had any luggage to check, they replied, no we just have carri-on.
25. I went shopping on my last trip and bought some luggage in Peru, now I'm ready to alpaca suitcase for my next flight.
26. Look at the new cabin crew uniforms, they are always the flight of fashion.
27. Flight attendants fly with a very meaningful motto: always look on the flight side of life.
28. There were some very talented artists at school, they made a model of the queen of the skies from rubber. They named it the Boing 747.
29. What do they call undercover cops working at the airport? Plane clothes officers.
30. Did you hear about the airline that's supposed to have haunted aircraft? Apparently, it's Scare Lingus.
31. A mum and dad decided to take their children on a surprise trip, but on the way to the airport all they could hear from back was "wh-air are we going?".
32. Shrek and Donkey decided to take a flight too Far Far Away instead of a carriage. Donkey still made annoying clicking noises and kept asking "are we th-air yet?".
33. There was a tense atmosph-air at the airport, as all the passengers waited for news of flight delays.
34. We were not very organized when we went on holiday, arriving at the airport with only minutes to sp-air.
35. It's a complete plane in the neck when travelers recline their seats all the way during a flight.
36. What happened when a man practiced archery near some stationery planes? They ended up very arrow-dynamic.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.