We are here with a collection of the best self-forgiveness quotes, forgive yourself quotes, as well as quotes about forgiving others that will help you find happiness in life.
Life can be instantly more fulfilling and productive once you find a way to practice self-forgiveness and forgiveness for others. Hanging on to regrets and letting your past get a hold of your present is another way of killing your present, so learn to forgive.
Life is short. You never know what the next moment brings for you. The best way to live the present moment is letting the past go, forgiving yourself, plus the people who give you peace and happiness. So, let’s get into some of the best forgive yourself quotes to relieve you of the past and achieve the path of forgiveness for yourself as well as others. With quotes from Martin Luther King Jr, James van Praagh and William Shakespeare, there's plenty for you to discover.
Best Forgive Yourself Quotes For Self Acceptance
Let’s take a look at some of the best forgive yourself quotes from the Bible and other sources that are sure to guide you through the challenging yet fulfilling purposes of self forgiveness and self love.
1. “The more you know yourself, the more you forgive yourself.”
2. "Never forget that to forgive yourself is to release trapped energy that could be doing good work in the world."
- D. Patrick Miller.
3. “The burden of regret can weigh us down heavily on our spiritual journey. The best way to release regret is to forgive ourselves.”
- James Van Praagh.
4. “You, Lord, are forgiving and good, abounding in love to all who call to you.”
- Bible, Psalm 86:5.
5. “Forgiveness is man’s deepest need and highest achievement.”
- Horace Bushnell.
6. “To forgive is to set a prisoner free and realize that prisoner was you.”
- Lewis B. Smedes.
7. “Yourself and welcome love back into your life.”
- Wayne Dyer.
8. “Holding a grudge doesn’t make you strong; it makes you bitter. Forgiving doesn’t make you weak; it sets you free.”
- Dave Willis.
9. “Forgiveness is for yourself because it frees you. It lets you out of that prison you put yourself in.”
- Louise Hay.
10. “Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.”
- Bible, Luke 6:37.
Forgive Others For Yourself Quotes
Holding onto mistakes from the past will only make them sore. So, try to wish for forgiveness for yourself as well as others. Forgiveness is a long process that will take a long time, and the process will be different for each and everyone out there. Let’s take a look at some of the best quotes about forgiving yourself and others for your sake that will guide and help you through your journey.
11. “When you initially forgive, it is like letting go of a hot iron. There is initial pain and the scars will show, but you can start living again.”
- Stephen Richards.
12. “You forgive yourself for every failure because you are trying to do the right thing. God knows that and you know it. Nobody else may know it.”
- Maya Angelou.
13. “Forgive yourself first. Release the need to replay a negative situation over and over again in your mind. Don’t become a hostage to your past by always reviewing and reliving your mistakes. Don’t remind yourself of what should have, could have or would have been. Release it and let it go. Move on.”
- Les Brown.
14. “There are only 2 two ways to have a peaceful conscience: Never do anything wrong or learn self-forgiveness (Pro tip: first way’s impossible)”
- Elizabeth Gilbert.
15. “Do as the heavens have done, forget your evil; With them forgive yourself.”
- William Shakespeare.
16. “It’s toughest to forgive ourselves. So it’s probably best to start with other people. It’s almost like peeling an onion. Layer by layer, forgiving others, you really do get to the point where you can forgive yourself.”
- Patty Duke.
17. “Forgiveness is not an occasional act, it is a constant attitude.”
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
18. “In the shadow of my hurt, forgiveness feels like a decision to reward my enemy. But in the shadow of the cross, forgiveness is merely a gift from one undeserving soul to the next.”
- Andy Stanley.
19. “The simple truth is, we all make mistakes, and we all need forgiveness.”
- Desmond Tutu.
20. “When we give ourselves self-compassion, we are opening our hearts in a way that can transform our lives.”
- Kristin Neff.
Famous Learning To Forgive Yourself Quotes
Self-forgiveness is something that relieves us from the shame and guilt and takes us towards feelings of compassion and empathy towards ourselves and others. It means a complete shift of emotions towards ourselves and others and brings out more positivity for the outside world. Let’s take a look at some of the most famous learning quotes that will help you to forgive yourself and others.
21. “People can be more forgiving than you can imagine. But you have to forgive yourself. Let go of what’s bitter and move on.”
- Bill Cosby.
22. “To forgive is the highest, most beautiful form of love. In return, you will receive untold peace and happiness.”
- Robert Muller.
23. “Bring it up, make amends, forgive yourself. It sounds simple, but don’t think for a second that it is easy. Getting free from the tyranny of past mistakes can be hard work, but definitely worth the effort. And the payoff is health, wholeness and inner peace. In other words, you get your life back.”
- Steve Goodier.
24. “I will permit no man to narrow and degrade my soul by making me hate him.”
- Booker T. Washington.
25. “Having asked God for forgiveness, accept release, then truly forgive yourself and turn your back definitely on the matter.”
- Norman Vincent Peale.
26. “Turn down the volume of your negative inner voice and create a nurturing inner voice to take it’s place. When you make a mistake, forgive yourself, learn from it, and move on instead of obsessing about it. Equally important, don’t allow anyone else to dwell on your mistakes or shortcomings or to expect perfection from you.”
- Beverly Engel.
27. “There is no love without forgiveness, and there is no forgiveness without love.”
- Bryant H. Mcgill.
28. “The only true way to create a more loving, productive, and fulfilling life is by forgiving the past.”
- Iyanla Vanzant.
29. “Everyone makes mistakes. The wise are not people who never make mistakes, but those who forgive themselves and learn from their mistakes.”
- Ajahn Brahm.
30. “I think that if God forgives us we must forgive ourselves. Otherwise, it is almost like setting up ourselves as a higher tribunal than him.”
- C. S. Lewis.
Best Healing Quotes
Healing is a slow process, but self-forgiveness is something that everyone needs in order to relieve yourself of shame and guilt. It helps one with self-improvement and gives peace to everyone. Let’s take a look at some of the best healing quotes that will help you through forgiveness and forgiving others.
31. “We all make mistakes, don’t we? But if you can’t forgive yourself, you’ll always be an exile in your own life.”
- Curtis Sittenfeld.
32. “Forgiveness is really a gift to yourself - have the compassion to forgive others, and the courage to forgive yourself.”
- Mary Anne Radmacher.
33. “Forgiving is giving up the hope that it couldn’t have been any other way than it actually was.”
- Oprah Winfrey.
34. “Forgive others, not because they deserve forgiveness, but because you deserve peace.”
- Mel Robbins.
35. “You will have no peace until you have discovered how to forgive yourself, to forgive other people and let them forgive you.”
- Dorothy Rowe.
36. “Forgiveness is the economy of the heart...forgiveness saves the expense of anger, the cost of hatred, the waste of spirits.”
- Hannah More.
37. “Without forgiveness and love, you will live with resentment, bitterness, malice and strife which result in more pain. You can never love without forgiving. Forgiveness deepens your ability to love and frees you from pain.”
- Kemi Sogunle.
38. “The truth is, unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward.”
- Dr. Steve Maraboli.
39. “The real difficulty is to overcome how you think about yourself. If we don’t have that we never grow, we never learn, and sure as hell we should never teach.”
- Maya Angelou.
40. “In order to heal, we must first forgive…and sometimes the person we must forgive is ourselves.”
- Mila Bron.
Inspirational Quotes About Forgiveness
Forgiveness is one of the best ways to bring peace to your soul and mind. It is also one of the best gifts to give yourself as well as others. Let’s take a look at some of the most inspirational quotes about forgiveness that will help you through your journey of forgiveness.
41. “It is such a great moment of liberation when you learn to forgive yourself, let the burden go, and walk out into a new path of promise and possibility.”
- John O’Donohue.
42. “Feeling compassion for ourselves in no way releases us from responsibility for our actions. Rather, it releases us from the self-hatred that prevents us from responding to our life with clarity and balance.”
- Tara Brach.
43. “Without forgiveness life is governed by...an endless cycle of resentment and retaliation.”
- Roberto Assagioli.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for forgive yourself quotes, then why not take a look at [quotes about knowing yourself] or [focus on yourself quotes].
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.