Fortnite is one of the most popular game worldwide with over 125 million registered players!
Let's jump into our list of funny Fortnite jokes for people looking to get a dub of epic Fortnite jokes to satisfy your Fortnite humor. We also have some great video game jokes for gamers!
In Fortnite: Battle Royale, you are dropped into a world along with 99 other players to fight it out to death using various tools and weapons at your disposal. Being the last survivor is the goal! With that said, let's take a look at some facts about the game! Did you know Epic Games first teased the game way back in 2011!? In 2015, an hour-long demo was rolled out for the press to play. And finally, in September 2017, the game was fully released for consumers. After Fortnite burst onto the scene, it received critical acclaim for its fun gameplay and the Battle Royale concept. Fortnite is the most streamed and viewed game on Twitch with a viewer count upwards of 650,000! Making it larger in some cases than channels like ESPN and CNN. In 2018 Fortnite has 125 million registered players in a year which is more than the number of viewers Netflix has in its whole lifetime!
The name actually comes from an early event in the game which was a 14-day survival marathon, with waves of monsters pouring on the map for over a period of two weeks, and "fortnight" being a term for a two-week period! When the Battle Royale genre started gaining popularity with PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (PUBG), Epic Games renamed Fortnite to Fortnite: Battle Royale! The concept of Fortnite is based on a Japanese movie called Battle Royale, where a group of middle schoolers is trapped on an island and have to fight and kill each other to survive until there is only one student left standing. And that movie is based on the novel released in 1999 by Japanese Author Koshun Takami. Sounds familiar? Because it is!
The Hunger Games creator Suzanne Collins borrowed her ideas for the movie heavily from Battle Royale! The game's popularity soon saw it getting big enough for a Fortnite World Cup to be held! Qualified finalists from all across the world flew to New York to compete at the Arthur Ashe Tennis Stadium for a 30 million dollar prize pool at the World Cup. The event had a huge viewership with approximately 400,000 views! In 2019, July, a 16-year-old North American East player won the prize of 3 million dollars after finishing with 59 points.
But popularity comes with its own merits and demerits! In 2018, the World Health Organization (WHO) recognized "gaming disorder" in the 11th revision of the International Classification of Diseases with a large number of child psychologists finding themselves working with children addicted to Fortnite. With 60-70 percent of the kids coming to them saying that Fortnite is their main game of use. These kids complain about struggling to get sleep, and in other cases, falling behind homework or handing in completed assignments.
One of the things to keep in mind when playing the game is that you could be sued for cheating! Epic Games is vocal about banning cheaters in the game. They stirred up some major controversy by filing a lawsuit against a 14-year-old boy who was caught cheating! These cases began in 2017 when Epic Games took legal actions against individuals who allegedly obtained "aimbots" to get a competitive edge, the company claiming that modifications of Fortnite's code are against the Copyright Act and the End User License Agreement.
But not everything is bad! The huge popularity of the game alongside the huge prize pool at the Fortnite World Cup, saw a lot of parents hiring Fortnite game coaches for their children to excel at the game, and these tutors charging as much as 35 dollars an hour for their tutelage!
Funny Fortnite Jokes
Get a load-out of our funny Fortnite jokes and Fortnite game sayings!
1. Why do Fortnite gamers have great teeth? Because they love to floss at any given opportunity.
2. Why were the thieves annoyed after returning empty-handed from the alphabet factory? Because all they got was the L.
3. What does a Fortnite gamer use to turn on his Television? An Emote control.
4. Why do skeletons not know how to play Fortnite? Because they don’t have skins!
5. Did you hear about the Fortnite game about 100 cows fighting for life? They called it a Cattle Royale.
6. What do you call a dinosaur playing Fortnite? A Flossoraptor.
7. Why do earthworms hate Fortnite? Because they know they're going to be baited.
8. Why do the Chinese hate playing the game Fortnite? Because of Ninja.
9. Why was the Walmart cashier good at playing Fortnite? Because he was an expert at tagging!
10. Why don’t pacifists play Fortnite? Because they are afraid of getting shot.
11. What’s the similarity between Fortnite and MS Word? It used to be good and free. Now it’s neither.
12. Where was the poor Fortnite gamer dropped in the game? In the Peasant Park.
13. Why is the game called Fortnite? Because that’s how long it takes for a person to get bored of it!
14. Why is Kylo Ren one of the best Fortnite players in the Galaxy? Because of his love for Solo kills.
15. Why is Epic Games, the creator of Fortnite, the worst company in America? Because Ubisoft is in France.
16. Why did Shrek start playing Fortnite? Because he wanted to visit the Slurpy Swamp!
17. Why was the gamer who hated Fortnite, angry at the game’s popularity? Because he thought it would only last for two weeks.
18. How many Fortnite players does it take to change a lightbulb? Two. One to actually do the job and the other to floss like they made a massive accomplishment.
19. Where do whiny Fortnite players get dropped in the game? Salty Towers!
20. How does Ninja know where to find enemies in Fortnite? Because he wears Sneakers.
21. Where do tired Fortnite gamers go to hang out in the game? Lazy Lake.
22. What was the man who worked at Epic Games like? Unreal.
23. Where do Fortnite players love to work? At the Retail Row!
24. Why does everyone in Japan know about Fortnite? Because of the Ninja.
25. Why did the game deny the user who tried to use Fortnite as a password? Because it was too weak.
Bad Fortnite Jokes
Funny Fortnite sayings for people who want to crack Fortnite dad jokes!
26. Where was the neckbeard dropped in the game? At the Sweaty Sands!
27. Where was the kid who was bawling out his eyes found in the game? In the Weeping Woods.
28. Why is Ninja one of the best Fortnite players? Because he has his Stealthy Stronghold on the game.
29. Why did the hunter love playing Fortnite? Because there was a Hunter’s Haven in the game!
30. Why was Julius Caesar angry at the video game? Because Fortnite has a landmark named Brutus’ Basin named after his murderer!
31. Why did the gamer with the potato PC stop playing Fortnite? Because his game stopped responding every time he reached the Crash site.
32. Why was the child afraid of the game? Because the game had a ghost house!
33. Why was the Leprechaun in love with the aspect of playing Fortnite? Because he heard he could get Rainbow Rentals in the game!
34. Why did the Pirate start playing Fortnite? Because he wanted to loot the Viking Vessel!
35. Why did the royal Fortnite player sleep in a castle at night? Because that was his fort right!
36. What does a good Fortnite player deserve? Every Nite in shining armor deserves a Fort!
37. For how many days did the gamer play Fortnite? The gamer was so engrossed in playing he had been at it for his fourth nite.
38. Why was the Fortnite player not allowed to enroll in the army? Because he didn't have the Battle Pass.
39. Why was Obi-Wan Kenobi unbeatable at Fortnite? Because he always had the high ground.
40. What did the game developer tell his boss when he was asked to work on Fortnite? “Gimme two weeks and I’ll come up with something.”
41. Why is Fortnite such a tough game to master? Because of all the fort-ifications!
42. What does a gamer feel after he plays Fortnite all day long? Discom-fort.
43. Why was the gamer running around instead of camping in the game? Because fort-une favors the brave!
44. Why was the kid crying uncontrollably after losing at Fortnite? Because nobody could console him.
45. What do you call a person who plays Fortnite in the day time? A babysitter.
46. What did Epic games name their Fortnite sequel? Month.
47. Why was the gamer not putting any effort into playing Fortnite? Because he just wanted the big chill.
48. Why was the Prince flossing at Buckingham Palace? Because he was part of the Royale family.
49. What did the chef name his Fortnite inspired restaurant? Butter Royale.
50. What is a Fortnite gamer’s favorite Disney character? Scar.
51. Why do Fortnite gamers run around Stealthy Stronghold and Pleasant Park aimlessly? Because they want The Dub.
52. Why was Fortnite released before being completed? It wanted Early Access to the wallets of gamers all around the world.
53. Why did the fisherman get interested in the game of Fortnite all of a sudden? Because someone told him that the game has a harpoon.
54. Why was Ali Baba afraid of the Fortnite professional gamers? Because one of them is a team of 100 Thieves!
55. Which is the most hydrated team that plays Fortnite? Team Liquid.
56. What's the similarity between jokes about Fortnite and Fortnite players? Neither will grow old!
57. Why was the child angry at his parents for taking away his gaming console? Because he thought playing Fortnite was his forth-rite!
58. What do you call an adult who plays Fortnite all day long? Unemployed.
59. Why was the Fortnite player a bore at the stand-up comedy show? He couldn't laugh because he was too busy flossing.
60. How do you know Fortnite is a hugely popular game? Because it took the world by storm!
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of great family-friendly jokes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for 50+ Best Fortnite Jokes, then why not take a look at Video Game Puns and Video Game Jokes.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.