If 'work hard travel harder' is your dictum, then you have come to the right place.
Travelling has, over the centuries, evolved into a culture of 'vacation twice a year'. With the advent of airplane travel and an affordable plane ticket, one can almost tour the world wearing flip flops.
Road trips, hikes, and even medical tourism have ensured that all problems could be solved by just taking a break. Travel therapy has time and again shown that work after vacation tends to be increasingly better and more efficient. So before you measure out your next trip in kilometers, dive into these funny quotes on travel. These quotes are bound to give you a breath of fresh air before you go back to work. You can also find funny time travel quotes, funny travel agent quotes and funny family vacation quotes.
If you like what you read, do check out exploring quotes and [lost quotes].
Funny Travel Quotes
Funny is usually not the first word that comes into your mind when browsing through travel quotes. However, there are quite a few funny travel quotes doing the round. Dive into the world of these funny travel quotes curated exclusively for your enjoyment.
1. “The best way to know a city is to eat it.”
― Scott Westerfeld.
2. “Travel is oxygen.”
― Richie Norton.
3. “The map? I will first make it.”
― Patrick White.
4. “If you write about a place, you need to be right about the place!”
― Laurence Bradbury.
5. “not is not a place
I want to travel to”
― Dahi Tamara Koch.
6. “Life is like pocket money. You shouldn't spend it all in one place.”
― Julian Talbot.
7. “Travel more to see more to live more.”
― Debasish Mridha.
8. “But wherever there is man, there must be some sort of route”
― Robert Edison Fulton Jr.
9. “Have you noticed that the world shrinks when you travel?”
― Richie Norton.
10. “Travel brings power and love back into your life.”
- Rumi Jalalud-Din.
Inspirational Travel Quotes
A good travel quote apart from being filled with humor, should also be inspirational. Funny travel quotes should therefore not only evoke a good laugh, but also give the reader a set of goals to look forward to and work towards. Here's a list of some of the most inspirational quotes that you can check out to give you life goals.
11. “The tourist takes his culture with him. The traveler leaves his behind.”
― J.R. Rim.
12. “I read; I travel; I become.”
13. “The impulse to travel is one of the hopeful symptoms of life. ”
― Agnes Repplier.
14. “To travel is to live.”
- Hans Christian Andersen.
15. “Borders? I have never seen one. But I have heard they exist in the minds of some people.”
― Thor Heyerdahl.
16. “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.”
- St. Augustine.
17. "I've been to almost as many places as my luggage."
- Bob Hope.
18. “Reaching your destination is more important than the direction and speed at which you travel.”
― R.J. Intindola.
19. “A man travels the world over in search of what he needs and returns home to find it.”
― George Augustus Moore.
20. “The best traveler is one without a camera.”
― Kamand Kojouri.
21. “Explore, experience, then push beyond.”
― Aaron Lauritsen.
22. “To get the best view of life, you have to reach heights above the life.”
― Amit Ray.
23. "Kilometers are shorter than miles. Save gas, take your next trip in kilometers."
- George Carlin.
Funny Travel Quotes From Movies
For all you movie fans who want to travel around the world, here's a list of movie quotes that are bound to tickle your funny bone. A travel quote of this genre is bound to be extremely popular and well-known. Share these lovely quotes on traveling with your friends.
24. "When looking to travel incognito, it's safest to travel as a widow. People are always anxious to avoid conversation about death. Widows scare them."
- Enola, 'Enola Holmes'.
25. "I can't believe a drug company would sponsor a trip like this, no questions. It seems so... corrupt."
- Kate, 'Crush'.
26. "Sheev: Have you ever been to China?
- Bo Duke: I ate Chinese food once!"
- 'Dukes of Hazzard'.
27. "Nick: How far is the village?
Peter: A day's walk, maybe more. But that's not the problem.
Roland: What is the problem?
- 'The Lost World: Jurassic Park'.
28. "I suppose people travel to get away from themselves."
- Edith, 'Dodsworth'.
29. "I like China very much. I like America too. I like all the places I haven't been."
- Katrin, 'The Painted Veil'.
30. "Italy is so foreign, look at the effect it's had on poor Mr. Tweeb. I propose we go somewhere more English. The lawn please, George."
- Aunt Agnes, 'Stiff Upper Lip'.
31. "Peter: He said the train is lost.
Jack: How can a train be lost? It’s on rails."
- 'The Darjeeling Limited'.
32. "Paris is always a good idea"
- Audrey Hepburn, 'Sabrina'.
Funny Quotes About Traveling
Hilarious travel quotes are a dime a dozen. However, there's something different about this set. The following quotes are actually taglines from various small towns. These quotes, apart from being eminently funny and sometimes downright eccentric, do open a window into the culture of these towns. There's nothing quite like a good tagline to make for a chuckle.
33. "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas."
- R&R Partners.
34. "The little town too big for one state."
- Delmar, Maryland.
35. "Don’t pass gas, stop and enjoy it."
- Gas, Kansas.
36. "Nature’s air-conditioned city"
- Bluefield, West Virginia.
37. "It’s not our fault."
- San Andreas, California.
38. "Ain't no big thing, but it's growing."
- Gretna, Virginia.
Fun Travel Quotes For All Ages
A sorry state in your bank account might prevent you from traveling around the world. However, it certainly cannot stop you from enjoying these great captions, taglines and one-liners curated specially for your perusal. Here's a select list of the best funny travel quotes that you can use across your social media platforms. If you know where to find the sources of these quotes, or you know who said these quotes, you can contact us!
39. "If you look like your passport picture, you probably need a trip."
40. "I travel a lot I hate having my life disrupted by routine."
41. "Take memories, leave footprints."
42. "Finding paradise wherever I go."
43. "Girls don't wait for the prince anymore, they pack their bags and leave."
44. "Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all."
45. "It's bad manners to keep a vacation waiting."
46. "Keep calm and travel on."
47. "I just need a large coffee, a plane ticket and a bag full of cash."
48." To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries."
49. "Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore."
50. "I don’t know the question, but travel is the answer."
51. "I need vitamin sea."
52. "If anyone is Christmas shopping for me, I wear a size 7-day Caribbean cruise."
53. "Where you are is where I want to be."
54. "I've got a bad case of wanderlust."
55. "Finding paradise wherever I go."
Travel Quotes From Books
Here's a select list of some travel quotes from books.
56. “Travel does not exist without home....If we never return to the place we started, we would just be wandering, lost. Home is a reflecting surface, a place to measure our growth and enrich us after being infused with the outside world.”
― Josh Gates, 'Destination Truth: Memoirs of A Monster Hunter'.
57. “This was how it was with travel: one city gives you gifts, another robs you. One gives you the heart’s affections, the other destroys your soul. Cities and countries are as alive, as feeling, as fickle and uncertain as people. Their degrees of love and devotion are as varying as with any human relation. Just as one is good, another is bad.”
― Roman Payne, 'Cities & Countries'.
58. “Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors. And the people there see you differently, too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.”
― Terry Pratchett, 'A Hat Full Of Sky'.
59. “It is always sad to leave a place to which one knows one will never return. Such are the melancholies du voyage: perhaps they are one of the most rewarding things about traveling.”
― Gustave Flaubert, 'Flaubert in Egypt: A Sensibility On Tour'.
60. “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”
― Mark Twain, 'The Innocents Abroad / Roughing It'.
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at [email protected]
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for funny travel quotes then why not take a look at [mountain quotes], or [nature quotes].
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.