As per Hubble's observations, there are two trillion galaxies in the universe, making us wonder how tiny our very own solar system in our Milky Way galaxy is.
The universe is the vast space consisting of all existing matter, with billions of galaxies, which are different systems of stars, dust, and gas, all nestled within it. The galaxy has been one of the prime topics of research that man has progressed with but has barely even touched the surface considering the fact that the universe, also known as the cosmos, is 10 billion light-years in diameter and has also been ever-expanding since the Big Bang.
Here is a list of some of the most inspiring, eye-opening, and factual quotes about the galaxy that will take you on a metaphorical roundabout trip around the universe. From galaxy quotes about aliens, to galaxy quotes about love, and even including some inspiring galaxy quotes, this list of galaxy quotes truly has something for everyone interested in the galaxy!
If you like these galaxy quotes, you can check out these [outer space quotes] and astronaut quotes for more great quotes.
Famous Galaxy Quotes
If you are searching all across the galaxy for some relevant galaxy quotes, this list of galaxy quotes concerning the galaxy and famous galaxy sayings will make you go over the moon. We hope these galaxy quotes inspire you today!
1. "None of us are just black or white, or never wrong and always right. No one. No one exists without polarities. Everybody has good and bad forces working with them, against them, and within them."
2. "The near side of a galaxy is tens of thousands of light-years closer to us than the far side; thus we see the front as it was tens of thousands of years before the back."
3. "Is it not careless to become too local when there are four hundred billion stars in our galaxy alone."
-A. R. Ammons.
4. "People will seek the ends of the galaxy to avoid that which they need most."
5. "A single poem, alone can turn tides scatter galaxies and burst forth with rivers from paradise."
6. "Those freckles make you seem like a galaxy of stars, just waiting to be explored and loved."
7. "Everything dies, from the smallest blade of grass to the biggest galaxy."
-Stephen R. Donaldson.
8. "I can wait for the galaxy outside to get a little kinder."
9. "Everything turns, rotates, spins, circles, loops, pulsates, resonates, and repeats. Circles of life, born from pulses of light, vibrate to breathe, while spiraling outwards for infinity through the lens of time..."
10. "I believe, if there is some sort of higher power, the universe is it."
12. "At every level in our inventory, nothing seems special about our Earth, our Sun, our Galaxy, our Local Group."
13. "For the Earth itself is a blossom, she says, on the star tree, pale with luminous ocean leaves."
14. "It is quite the big galaxy, perspective is ever a good thing. It is small compared to the Universe, on of an estimated trillion, more perspective."
15. "Moon dust in your lungs, stars in your eyes. You are a child of the cosmos and ruler of the skies."
16. "The Big Bang theory is based on the fact that the universe is expanding right now. And if you rewind the tape, the universe appears to be shrinking. If you rewind the tape far enough, eventually the universe must be just one singular point."
17. "Evidently, mediocrity reigns throughout. Such is our niche in the Universe."
18. "In this magical life we live it’s as though everyone we’ve ever met is like a star in the galaxy of our experience and beingness."
19. "Most nights you'll find me swinging in the hammock of the moon, sipping the night black, a few stars as sugar cubes."
-Curtis Tyrone Jones.
20. "What if the universe has not always been expanding? What if it's pulsating, and one pulse takes trillions of years, and right now the universe is inhaling, and before that, trillions of years ago, it was exhaling?"
Inspirational Galaxy Quotes
We simply can't get enough of these great galaxy quotes! Here's a list of inspirational quotes about galaxies that will fill you up with positive energy. Which of these galaxy quotes, from Douglas Adams and more, is your favorite?
21. "Never apologize for burning too brightly or collapsing into yourself every night. That is how galaxies are made."
-Tyler Kent White.
22. "In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."
23. "Everybody has a little bit of the sun and moon in them. Everybody has a little bit of man, woman, and animal in them. Darks and lights in them."
24. "There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."
25. "So explain — since every piece of matter in the Universe is in some way affected by every other piece of matter in the Universe, it is in theory possible to extrapolate the whole of creation — every sun, every planet, their orbits, their composition and their economic and social history from, say, one small piece of fairy cake."
26. "Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun."
27. "Space... is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly hugely mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space."
28. "Any man who can hitch the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still know where his towel is is clearly a man to be reckoned with."
29. "Orbiting this at a distance of roughly ninety-two million miles is an utterly insignificant little blue green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea."
30. "What’s the point of racing around the galaxy if you aren’t going to have fun?"
31. "The darkest nights produce the brightest stars."
32. "Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people."
33. "Typical events in galactic dynamics occupy tens of millions of years, so the error in thinking of an image of a galaxy as frozen in one moment of time is small."
34. "As I lay there, listening to the soft slap of the sea, and thinking these sad and strange thoughts, more and more and more stars had gathered, obliterating the separateness of the Milky Way and filling up the whole sky."
35. "They moved silently in each other's orbits, solitary planets in a lonely galaxy."
36. "The way you blunder from one catastrophe to the next, it's a wonder the whole galaxy doesn't hate you."
37. "When you look at the stars and the galaxy, you feel that you are not just from any particular piece of land, but from the solar system."
38. "Sometimes the meaning beyond the talisman is greater than the talisman itself. A star has a hint of galaxies."
39. "And far far away in that ocean of gold, stars were silently shooting and falling and finding their fates, among these billions and billions of merging golden lights."
40. "It was ridiculous. But so was much of the galaxy."
Galaxy Quotes About Aliens
Are you enjoying these galaxy quotes? If you are an alien fanatic believing in their existence, check out this list of galaxy quotes by various people who have a lot to say about the existence of life in outer space. Which of these galaxy quotes is your favorite?
41. "Entering a cell, penetrating deep as a flying saucer to find a new galaxy would be an honorable task for a new scientist interested more in the inner state of the soul than in outer space."
42. "There may be aliens in our Milky Way galaxy, and there are billions of other galaxies. The probability is almost certain that there is life somewhere in space."
43. "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here."
-Arthur C. Clarke.
44. "A time will come when men will stretch out their eyes. They should see planets like our Earth."
45. "You have to think if we've been visited by extraterrestrial life, it was like a zookeeper walking into the chimp enclosure: He looks around, takes some pictures, then leaves without interacting significantly with the environment."
-J. Richard Singleton.
46. "Or perhaps they are here, but in hiding because of some Lex Galactica, some ethic of noninterference with emerging civilizations."
47. "If one day there is only one person left living in the world, that person will no longer have a message to humanity, but only a message to extra-terrestrial beings!"
-Mehmet Murat ildan.
48. "Just as there are those who accept every UFO report at face value, there are also those who dismiss the idea of alien visitation out of hand and with great passion."
49. "Extraterrestrials, or possibly even the U.S. government, stopped reality for all practical purposes in the 1970s. In other words, they want us to think that many aspects of our lives stopped around that time."
50. "We can imagine them, curious and dispassionate, observing us, as we would watch a bacterial culture in a dish of agar, to determine whether this year again, we manage to avoid self-destruction."
Galaxy Love Quotes
Ready for the final serving of galaxy quotes? You will fall in love with these beautiful galaxy quotes including short galaxy quotes which are perfect for captions and cards. Why not share these galaxy quotes with a new friend every night?
51. "Your hand touching mine. This is how galaxies collide."
52. "She wasn't a constellation. She was a galaxy."
53. "You've been my light, my muse, my inspiration. Haze... you are every star in the goddamn sky. You are my galaxy."
-Brittainy C. Cherry.
54. "You are the stars."
-Brittainy C. Cherry.
55. "She’s a galaxy of bright hues, and her heart contains a universe of love. She is starlight."
56. "Where in the world would a star be without the love of the sky?"
57. "I like the night. Without the dark, we’d never see the stars."
59. "To infinity and beyond!"
-Buzz Lightyear, 'Toy Story'.
60. "You hold the universe in you. You hold the galaxies."
The Best Galaxy Quotes For Nerds
Are you looking for some exemplary galaxy quotes by astronauts that nerds will love? This list of galaxy quotes is the best.
61. "The lunar flights give you a correct perception of our existence. You look back at Earth from the moon and you can put your thumb up to the window and hide the Earth behind your thumb. Everything you've ever known –all those arguments and wars –is right behind your thumb."
62. "With every step, every window that modern astrophysics has opened to our mind, the person who wants to feel like they're the center of everything ends up shrinking."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson
63. "Even today, more than eighty years after Oort's bold guess, we still don't have a clue what this dark matter is made of. We know it exists. We know where it is. We have maps of its presence within and around galaxies throughout the universe."
64. "From the smallest atom of your being, to the beautiful moon spinning around the Earth, to the largest galaxy of the cosmos, they’re all dancing to the harmonious music of the universe."
65. "There’s as many atoms in a single molecule of your DNA as there are stars in the typical galaxy. We are, each of us, a little universe."
-Neil deGrasse Tyson.
66. "According to Thoth, because of the placement of the Great Pyramid on the Earth connecting into the Earth’s huge geometrical field... The Great Pyramid connects the center of the Earth to the center of our galaxy."
67. "Waking up in the same place in which you dozed off has never happened either to you or to anyone else. Ever. Earth does not stop moving when you sleep."
68. "There are at least as many galaxies in our observable universe as there are stars in our galaxy."
69. "However alert we are, antiquity remains an unknown, unanticipated galaxy."
70. "Our galaxy’s pretty ordinary, garden-variety. So if we believe our galaxy has a supermassive black hole, that tells us that most, if not all, galaxies host such a black hole at their centers."
-Andrea M. Ghez
71. "Look at the stars... It helps you to remember that you and your problems are both infinitesimally small and conversely, that you are a piece of an amazing and vast universe."
72. "How many chances are there that in one or few of those unknown worlds, some mighty civilizations had contrived the ways to see through the past time and billions of light-years?"
73. "We must remember that the sun is a star, but not all the stars are the sun"
74. "Look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see, and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious."
75. "Everyone is part of a connected cosmic system. Part earth and sea, wind and fire, with some salt and dust swimming in them. We have a universe within ourselves that mimics the universe outside."
76. "I live on the planet Crazy in the solar system of Delusion in the galaxy of Insanity."
77. "Every hour that passes, Earth travels a little more than 800,000 kilometres around the centre of our galaxy. And so do you. That’s the equivalent of about twenty trips around the planet. Every hour."
78. "Sometimes it seemed that one of the stars came loose from the firmament and sailed off with dizzying speed to a far corner of the night. In the dark hours before sunrise, constellations came apart and reformed and fell in burning streaks."
79. "I don’t think I’m from this galaxy at all. I believe I came from the Andromeda galaxy, not so far, but far enough. Maybe that’s why I’m an outcast."
-Hannah Lilith Assadi.
80. "For us ambitious galactic travelers, exploration of other galaxies in person will forever be a dream."
At Kidadl, we have created lots of family-friendly quotes for everyone! If you liked these galaxy quotes, why not take a look at these ['Galaxy Quest' quotes] or 'Star Wars' love quotes for more great quotes to discover every night?
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at [email protected]
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.