America is a country of valiant and spirited people, whose imagination and an unbeatable spirit made it possible to create a country with numerous brave hearts.
Be it Memorial Day or the American Independence Day, inspirational sayings about America and American history are great means to demonstrate patriotism. Whether they are famous quotes about America by Harry S. Truman or phrases about America from famous people, you can use them to show your love for the great country.
Famous American quotes by Presidents of America, authors, poets, successful entrepreneurs, leaders give insight into what values the people of the country carry. The most famous America quotes come from years of experience and feel for the country. They make a valuable source of motivation and enthusiasm for the young generations as much as the old.
Every individual residing in the United States of America has their own way of showing love for their country. It is the progressive imagination and an unbeatable desire to do their best for their country that makes America strong.
Every country in the world had its share of ups and downs. The ones that flourish are the nations that were built on courage on imagination and hopes for better times. America was not built in a day; it took struggle, sacrifice, and unbeatable determination to make progress towards the job at hand. If motivational America quotes inspire you, why not look at Patriotic quotes and unity quotes.
Popular Quotes About America
America is a true example of cultural diversity and also a fine paradigm of unity in diversity. Despite the non-homogeneity of the population, the country has been able to maintain its own unique culture whilst respecting the uniqueness of different ethnicities. Popular quotes about America, patriotic quotes, and various American quotes by politicians, journalists, artists, and famous writers give out the essence of how the diverse population of the United States has been victorious in making the job at hand successful. A glance through these famous American quotes will leave you spellbound!
1. “There’s not a liberal America and a conservative America – there’s the United States of America.”
- Barack Obama
2. “America is not just a country, it's an idea.”
3. “Give me liberty, or give me death!”
— Patrick Henry
4. “The fate of America cannot depend on any one man. The greatness of America is grounded in principles and not on any single personality.”
– Franklin D. Roosevelt
5. “In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope.”
- Barack Obama
6. "Laughter is America's most important export."
– Walt Disney
7. “You are either with us, or against us.”
— George W. Bush
Inspiring Quotes about America
American inspirational quotes are a wonderful way to show them that it was not fear America was built on, the country was built on courage on imagination and respect for fellow humans. American history quotes, are those patriotic quotes that educators and parents can use to illustrate the unbeatable determination of America’s leaders to the little ones.
8. “The fact is, with every friendship you make and every bond of trust you establish, you are shaping the image of America projected to the rest of the world.”
– Michelle Obama
9. “Dreams are the foundation of America.”
- Lupita Nyong'o
10. “There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America.”
– Bill Clinton
11. “In the face of impossible odds, people who love their country can change it.”
– Barack Obama
12. “To be president of the United States is to be lonely, very lonely at times of great decisions.”
– Harry S. Truman
13. “America is hope. It is compassion. It is excellence. It is valor.”
– Paul Tsongas
14. “I believe in America because we have great dreams, and because we have the opportunity to make those dreams come true.”
— Wendell Willkie
15. “If we love our country, we should also love our countrymen.”
- Ronald Reagan
16. “America was not built on fear. America was built on courage on imagination and an unbeatable determination to do the job at hand.”
– Harry S. Truman
17. “The willingness of America's veterans to sacrifice for our country has earned them our lasting gratitude.”
– Jeff Miller
Patriotic Quotes About America
America was built on courage, perseverance, and principles of righteousness. Why not look at these American patriotic quotes, short patriotic quotes; these can be the best introduction to patriotism for young people.
18. "Patriotism is easy to understand in America. It means looking out for yourself by looking out for your country."
– Calvin Coolidge
19. “America is another name for opportunity. Our whole history appears like a last effort of divine providence on behalf of the human race.”
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
20. “I think patriotism is like charity—it begins at home.”
- Henry James
21. “I want every child in America to eat a nutritious, delicious, sustainably sourced school lunch for free.”
– Alice Waters
22. “The magic of America is that we're a free and open society with a mixed population. Part of our security is our freedom.”
– Madeleine Albright
23. “Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.”
— John F. Kennedy
24. “Patriotism consists not in waving the flag, but in striving that our country shall be righteous as well as strong.”
– James Bryce
25. “America is a tune. It must be sung together.”
- Gerald Stanley Lee
26. “The American, by nature, is optimistic. He is experimental, an inventor, and a builder who builds best when called upon to build greatly.”
— John F. Kennedy
27. “Patriotism is not short, frenzied outbursts of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.”
– Adlai Stevenson
Funny Quotes About America
Patriotism does not always have to be shown with serious America quotes. Fun America quotes are also great! Funny quotes about America also reflect different viewpoints of people. While reflecting on America's birth, it feels great to know that the USA was not built on fear. America is a nation to develop on the ideals of equality and freedom for all.
28. “I used to be Irish Catholic. Now I’m an American — you know, you grow.”
- George Carlin
29. “I am proud to be an American. Because an American can eat anything on the face of this earth as long as he has two pieces of bread.”
– Bill Cosby
30. “The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it.”
– George Carlin
31. “In America, you can say anything you want, as long as it doesn’t have any effect.”
32. “My fellow Americans, we are and always will be a nation of immigrants. We were strangers once, too."
– Barack Obama
33. “I never dreamed I would receive the Mark Twain Prize for American Humor, mostly because my style is so typically Austrian.”
- Tina Fey
34. “All great change in America begins at the dinner table.”
– Ronald Reagan
American History Quotes
Historical America quotes will show you how it was never a matter of debate or fear. America was built on strong and high morals. American history quotes often reflect love and pride for the country and the stern belief that it was built on courage.
35. “Government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the Earth.”
– Abraham Lincoln
36. “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men and women are created equal.”
– Elizabeth Cady Stanton
37. “We are the ones we’ve been waiting for.”
– June Jordan
38. “Every great dream begins with a dreamer.”
– Harriet Tubman
39. “I am an American; free born and free bred, where I acknowledge no man as my superior, except for his own worth, or as my inferior, except for his own demerit.”
– Theodore Roosevelt
Quotes About American Freedom
Freedom and sovereignty are not difficult concepts to understand when someone knows the true essence of liberty. Freedom is never easy or comes as an easy gift. The vivid imagination and an unbeatable spirit of the people of the United States of America can be seen through the bold and beautiful phrases about America and its freedom. American freedom quotes reflect the strong determination to go all out to get the best for everyone. Each quote about America mentioned here has a deep meaning that is not enough to just read about but to feel!
40. “Freedom lies in being bold.”
– Robert Frost
41. “Independence now, and independence forever!”
- Daniel Webster
42. “My definition of a leader in a free country is a man who can persuade people to do what they don’t want to do and like it.”
– Harry S. Truman
43. “This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.”
– Elmer Davis
44. “Liberty is the breath of life to nations.”
— George Bernard Shaw
45. “I think of a hero as someone who understands the degree of responsibility that comes with his freedom.”
– Bob Dylan
46. “The United States is the only country with a known birthday…. There is no ‘Republican,’ no ‘Democrat,’ on the Fourth of July—all are Americans.”
–James G. Blaine
47. “In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; it must be achieved.”
- Franklin D. Roosevelt
48. “From every mountainside, let freedom ring.”
- Martin Luther King, Jr
49. “May we never forget our fallen comrades. Freedom isn't free.”
- Sgt. Major Bill Paxton
50. "May we think of freedom, not as the right to do as we please, but as the opportunity to do what is right.”
– Peter Marshal
51. “The Fourth of July should be celebrated with big hearts.”
– Camila Alves
52. “If you’re not ready to die for it, put the word ‘freedom’ out of your vocabulary.”
– Malcolm X
Quotes About the American Flag
You will be amazed to know how popular the American flag quotes are and how many people use them during Independence Day to express patriotism. It is extremely important to teach children the Pledge of Allegiance but it is also vital to tell them about American quote that shows respect to the country.
53. “There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag.”
– Donald Trump
54. “Is freedom's shield and hope.”
- John Philip Sousa
55. “If you wave a flag, make it an American flag.”
– Arnold Schwarzenegger
56. “One flag, one land. One heart, one hand. One nation, evermore.”
- Oliver Wendell Holmes
57. “The American flag has not been planted on foreign soil to acquire more territory but for humanity’s sake.”
Proud American Quotes
To be a proud American and to express your true feelings, you need not be a wordsmith. There are hundreds of America quotes that will help you appreciate your heritage pride. The list of 'proud to be an American' quotes here are patriotic quotes by popular personalities worth remembering.
58. "Where liberty dwells, there is my country."
– Benjamin Franklin
59. "Patriotism consists not in waving the flag, but in striving that our country shall be righteous as well as strong."
– James Bryce
60. “What we need are critical lovers of America— patriots who express their faith in their country by working to improve it.”
– Hubert Humphrey
61. “America is a passionate idea or it is nothing. America is a human brotherhood or it is chaos.”
– Max Lerner
62. “I still believe in a place called Hope, a place called America.”
– Bill Clinton
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for Inspirational quotes about America then why not take a look at African American quotes or Alaska quotes.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.