When facing adversaries, people often tend to give up.
However, one must always fight and keep their head held high. No matter what comes, if one has belief in himself them he can overcome any storm.
If you are looking for motivation and other inspiring quotes then check this content and fill your mind with positivity and the zeal to never give up.
Best Keeping Your Chin Up Quotes
Here are the best keep your head up high quotes
1."Keep your head up. Keep your heart strong."
– Ben Howard, 'Keep Your Head Up', 2011.
2. "Keep your head up in failure and your head down in success."
3. "Always keep your mind strong with positive thoughts and your head up with full confidence, because you truly have greatness in you."
– Edmond Mbiaka.
4. "Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world straight in the eye."
– Helen Keller, 'To Love this Life: Quotations', 2000.
5. "It takes someone strong to leave with their head held high. It takes someone stronger to stay with their head held higher."
– Isabella Poretsis.
6. "Awake! Arise and go! Never ever give up!"
– Ernest Agyemang Yeboah.
7. "If you aren’t in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?"
–T. S. Eliot.
8. "So keep your head high, keep your chin up, and most importantly, keep smiling, because life's a beautiful thing and there's so much to smile about."
9. "I know you're fed up ladies, but keep your head up."
-Tupac Shakur, 'Song: Keep Ya Head Up', 1993.
10. "Stand Tall, Stand Proud. Know that you are unique and magnificent. You do not need the approval of others."
-Jonathan Lockwood Huie.
11. "Never think about something wrong you did in the past, always look forward with your head up high; have no regrets."
Jared Leto, 'Facebook post', 2015.
12. "Lift your head up high and scream out to the world
I know I am someone, and let the truth unfurl."
-Michael Jackson, 'Song: Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’, 1982.
13. "Keep your heels, head and standards high. "
14. "It is better to have your head in the clouds, and know where you are... than to breathe the clearer atmosphere below them, and think that you are in paradise."
-Henry David Thoreau, 'The Writings of Henry David Thoreau Volume 6', 1906.
15. "Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick. Don't lose faith."
-Steve Jobs, Commencement Address at Stanford University, 2005.
16. "Don’t let anyone knock you down. Keep your head up."
— Greyson Chance.
17. "He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once."
— Giovanni Falcone.
18. "I never lose. I either win or learn."
— Nelson Mandela.
19. "Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."
— Thomas A. Edison.
20. "Never let your head hang down. Never give up and sit down and grieve. Find another way. And don’t pray when it rains if you don’t pray when the sun shines."
— Satchel Paige, New York Post (4 October 1959)
21. "It is important to keep your head up and follow what you believe is right."
22. "Always hold your head up, but be careful to keep your nose at a friendly level."
-Max L. Forman.
23. "I’m a child of God. God is my mommy, my daddy. That’s the only thing that’ll keep my head up. If I don’t remember who I am in him, I’m done."
— Mary J. Blige.
24. "One doesn't discover new lands without consenting to lose sight, for a very long time, of the shore."
-Andre Gide, 'The Counterfeiters', 1925.
Quotes To Keep Your Head Up
Listed below are the quotes to keep your head up when times get hard.
25. "You have to lift your head out of the mud and just do it."
26. "I had to hold my head up high and put a bold face on things, but the thoughts keep coming anyways."
— Anne Frank, 'The Diary of a Young Girl', 1952.
27. "Hold your head high, stick your chest out. You can make it. It gets dark sometimes but morning comes…. Keep hope alive.”
— Jesse Jackson, 'Interview on ABC Radio', 2012.
28. "Someone once asked me how I hold my head up so high after all I’ve been through. I said, it’s because no matter what, I am a survivor. Not a victim."
— Patricia Buckley.
29. "And I know this world is so cold and deceiving but I keep my head up like my nose is bleeding."
— Lil Wayne, 'song: I'm A Rocker'.
30. "Anyone can hide. Facing up to things, working through them, that’s what makes you strong."
— Sarah Dessen, 'The Truth About Forever', 2004.
31. "Off you pop, then, and keep your chin up."
– Jason Wilson, 'MediEvil', 1998.
32. "Keep your head up and be patient."
– A. J. McLean.
33. "You never give up, even when you should."
– Kelly Creagh, 'Nevermore', 2010.
34. "The only reason to look down on someone is to help them up."
– Jesse Jackson.
35. "Come on, you know, chin up, chest out, and best foot forward."
– Fred Astaire, 'The Story Of Vernon And Irene Castle', 1939.
36. "Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve."
– Napoleon Hill.
37. "But, chin up. There’s a medal in it for sure. Nothing like a scrap of ribbon to cheer up a widow."
– Andrew Scott, '1917', 2019.
38 "You’ve got keep your head up, keep fighting, and do the best you can."
– Pablo Sandoval.
39. "A winner is someone who gets up one more time than he is knocked down."
– Mark S. Waxman, 'The McVentures of Me, Morgan McFactoid: Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow', 2016.
40. "No matter how much it hurts, you have to hold your head up and keep going."
– Brooke Addison.
41. "I think my mind blown, I barely feel my feet. I’mma hold my head high even in defeat."
– Rick Ross, 'Mine Games', 2012.
42. "Keep your head up and smile, because someone somewhere wants to see you fail."
– Burnell Taylor.
43. "When you walk through a storm keep your chin up high and don’t be afraid of the dark."
– Oscar Hammerstein II, 'You'll Never Walk Alone'.
44. "When you’re going through your rough time
Maybe I could be your lifeline
Keep your head up, when you’re down."
– Felix Kurt Jaehn, 'Keep Your Head Up', 2018.
45. "To everyone battling a difficulty or under attack right now, smile, keep your head up, keep moving and stay positive, you’ll get through it."
– Germany Kent.
46. Someone once asked me how I hold my head up so high after all I’ve been through. I said, it’s because no matter what, I am a survivor. Not a victim."
– Patricia Buckley.
47. "Encourage one another and you must keep that same encouragement yourself first, to encourage others, second keep your head up and count all joy in the worst of times."
– Robert L. Caldwell, 'A Chip from Above: Words of Encouragement for Your Daily Walk', 2011.
Inspirational Quotes To Keep Your Head High
Here are the quotes that will stop you from giving up.
48. "Keep your head up because one day one person will fight like hell for you, the same as you would for them, and it will be a deep love. So, keep your head up."
– Carlos Salinas.
49. "If I’m going to have hope, I’m going to have to learn to endure disappointment."
– Sharon Weil.
50. "Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
– George Bernard Shaw, 'An Unsocial Socialist', 2016.
51. "Never let anyone tell you who you are, hold your head up high, look them in the eyes and tell them who you are."
– Sonya Parker.
52. "Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well."
– Vincent Van Gogh.
53. "Spend eighty percent of your time focusing on the opportunities of tomorrow rather than the problems of yesterday."
– Brian Tracy, Facebook post, 2012.
54. "Don’t let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do."
– John R. Wooden.
55. "Never limit yourself because of others’ limited imagination; never limit others because of your own limited imagination."
– Mae Jemison.
56. "Put your shoulders back, hold your head up high knowing that the same power that raised Christ from the dead lives on the inside of you."
– Joel Osteen.
57. "Keep your chin up but not so high that you cannot see what is right in front of you."
– Joshua F.
58. "Try your best! Don’t try and you won’t know what you can do!"
– Xiao F.
59. "Winners never quit, and quitters never win."
– Vince Lombardi.
60. "How do I deal with people who look down on me? I look up at them."
– Ljupka Cvetanova.
61. "Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world."
– Lucille Ball.
62. "What you thought before has led to every choice you have made, and this adds up to you at this moment. If you want to change who you are physically, mentally and spiritually, you will have to change what you think."
– Dr. Patrick Gentempo.
63. "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."
– Winston Churchill.
64. "Victory is sweetest when you’ve known defeat."
– Malcolm S. Forbes.
65. "Life’s like a snakes and ladders game. You can rise straight up to the top and fall right to the bottom the next second. But what differentiates you from others is your ability to climb up the ladders after sliding down the snakes."
– Evelyn H.
66. "Different is good. When someone tells you that you are different, smile and hold your head up and be proud."
– Angelina Jolie, 'Angelina Jolie Delivers Inspirational Speech to Misfit Kids Everywhere', 2015.
67. "When I was five years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life."
– John Lennon.
68. "Crowds are the most difficult thing for me these days because I have to walk with my head down and my eyes averted. There’s still that part of me that wants to hold my head up, make eye contact and smile."
– Cameron Diaz.
69. "They’ve picked their heads up off the ground, and they now have a lot to carry on their shoulders."
– Ron Atkinson, 'Biography/ Personal Quotes'.
70. "Don’t be pushed around by the fears in your mind. Be led by the dreams in your heart."
– Roy T. Bennett.
71. "Man was made to lead with his chin; he is worth knowing only with his guard down, his head up and his heart rampant on his sleeve."
– Robert Farrar Capon.
72. "As children of God we are somebody. He will build us, mold us, and magnify us if we will but hold our heads up, our arms out, and walk with him."
– Marvin J. Ashton.
Never Give Up Quotes
In this category, you will find quotes that will stop you from giving up and will make you keep smiling because life always gives chances.
73. "We are all here for some special reason. Stop being a prisoner of your past. Become the architect of your future."
– Robin Sharma.
74. "The only thing you should ever quit is giving up."
– Steve Pfiester.
75. "It is never too late to be what you might have been."
– George Eliot.
76. "That’s what is incredible about human beings, is the choice to keep going."
– Jack Antonoff.
77. "We ain't meant to survive, cause it's a setup, And even though you're fed up, Huh, ya got to keep your head up."
-Tupac Shakur, 'Keep Ya Head Up', 1993.
78. "Keep your head up, keep your heart strong."
- Shalane Flanagan, Twitter post, 2013.
79. "God knows your value; He sees your potential. You may not understand everything you are going through right now. But hold your head up high, knowing that God is in control and he has a great plan and purpose for your life."
- Joel Osteen, 'Your Best Life Now: 7 Steps to Living at Your Full Potential', 2008.
80. "Through every dark night, there's a bright day after that."
-Tupac Shakur, 'Me Against the World', 1995.
81. "If we let our head drop, our heart drops with it. Keep your head up, and your body is capable of amazing feats."
-Chrissie Wellington, 'Ironman champ: Train your brain, then your body', 2012.
82. "I think, head up and shoulders back. Not only does it make you look taller and thinner but it gives you confidence and boosts your self-esteem."
- Shelley Long, 'Biography/ Personal Quotes'.
83. "Sit tall in the saddle and hold your head up high. Keep your eyes fixed where the trail
meets the sky, and live like you ain't afraid to die. Don't be scared...just enjoy the ride."
- Chris LeDoux, Facebook post, 2015.
84. ""Pride is holding your head up when everyone around you has theirs bowed. Courage is what makes you do it."
-Bryce Courtenay, 'The Power of One', 2011.
85. "If things don't work out the way you want, hold your head up high and be proud. And try again. And again. And again!"
-Sarah Dessen, 'Keeping the Moon', 2004.
86. "Abundance is a direct reflection of your preparation to live abundantly. People who are ready for abundance keep their heads up, their eyes open and give thanks for everything they get."
-Iyanla Vanzant, Facebook post, 2016.
87. "To follow the drops sliding from a lifting oar, Head up, while the rower breathes, and the small boat drifts quietly shoreward." -Theodore Roethke, 'The Shape Of The Fire' 1948.
88. "We stay strong. We stay positive, keep our heads up, love one another, spread love. The Devil can't win when you have God on your side."
-Mavis Staples, 'Interview with Ed Masley, 2017.
89. "I didn't want to be a loser, but I didn't want to fit in at the same time because I don't like just being ordinary. So it's one of those situations where I always kept my head up."
- ASAP Rocky, 'Interview Magazine website'.
90. "Don't wait on approval, validation and likes from others - always give yourself the highest of approval ratings and work from there. Hold your head up and be fabulous no matter what!" -Jody Watley.
91. "Don’t let haters get me off my grind. Keep my head up, I know I’ll be fine. Keep fighting until I get there. When I’m down and I feel like giving up I whip my hair back and forth."
- Willow Smith, song: 'Whip My Hair', 2010.
92. "I'm not a conscious rapper, all those things we talk about, the struggle, the pain, the outlook to the future, keep your head up. I try to put all those positive things into a regular human character, which is myself."
- J. Cole, 'Interview with Damien Scott', 2009.
93. "People like us we've gotta stick together
Keep your head up, nothing lasts forever."
- Kelly Clarkson, 2012.
94. "Keep your head up, Legs closed, Eyes open."
-Tupac Shakur, 'Wonder Why They Call U', 1996.
95. "Be persistent and just keep going to open mics no matter what, even if just to watch and not perform. You'll find that even at your worst keep your head up because you'll still be better than other people's best."
96. "It seems to me that the secret of true happiness in life is to know what you are and then be content to be that, in style, head up and proud, and not yearn to be something else."
- Robert A. Heinlein.
97. "Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle."
-Christian D. Larson.
Best Motivational Quotes
Here are the best motivational quotes for you.
98. "No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn't trying."
-Tony Robbins, 2012.
99. "What you do today can change all the tomorrow's of your life."
- Zig Ziglar, 2014.
100. "You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step."
- Martin Luther King, Jr.
101. "The secret of getting ahead is getting started"
102. "Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny."
103. "Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there."
- Stevie Wonder.
104. "If you worry about yesterday's failures, then today's successes will be few. The future depends on what we do in the present" -Mahatma Gandhi
105. "Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!"
106. "Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts."
- H. Jackson Brown, Jr., 'Life's Little Instruction Book: Simple Wisdom and a Little Humor for Living a Happy and Rewarding Life', 2012.
107. "You never know how strong you are, until being strong is your only choice."
- Bob Marley.
108. "When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps."
109. "Constant effort and frequent mistakes are the stepping stones to genius."
-Elbert Hubbard, 'Great Scientists', 1916.
110. "Put all excuses aside and remember this: YOU are capable."
- Zig Ziglar, 2014.
111. "There are so many people out there who will tell you that you can't. What you've got to do is turn around and say "Watch me.""
- Layne Beachley.
112. "If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way."
-Napoleon Hill, 'The Law of Success', 2013.
113. "Every problem is a gift - without problems we would not grow."
-Tony Robbins, 'Awaken the Giant Within : How to Take Immediate Control of Your Mental, Emotional, Physical and Financial Destiny!', 1991.
114. "Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential."
- Winston Churchill.
115. "Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."
- F. Scott Fitzgerald.
116. "If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten."
- Tony Robbins, 2016.
117. "Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do."
-John Wooden, 2014.
118. "Edison failed 10,000 times before he made the electric light. Do not be discouraged if you fail a few times."
- Napoleon Hill, 2017.
119. "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."
- Martin Luther King, Jr., 'Strength to Love', 1963.
120. Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
121. "Small daily improvements over time lead to stunning results."
- Robin Sharma, 2015.
122. "All great things have small beginnings."
- Peter Senge, 'The Dance of Change: The Challenges of Sustaining Momentum in a Learning Organization', 2011.
123. "Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe."
124. "Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength."
125. "Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever." - Lance Armstrong, 'Every Second Counts', 2010.
126. "We all have dreams. But in order to make dreams come into reality, it takes an awful lot of determination, dedication, self-discipline, and effort."
127. "The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones."
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for keep your head up quotes then why not take a look at Unstoppable quotes, or Keep smiling quotes.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.