You should create a legacy that makes you feel proud of living life at your best.
A legacy refers to the gifts and heritage that we pass on to the next generations. Importantly, a legacy is not always restricted to financial possessions.
To create a legacy, you need not be a famous person. You can leave a legacy through any good deed to benefit society. For example, you can leave a legacy by working for the welfare of mankind, by helping disadvantaged children, spending time educating others, being kind to everyone, and helping those in need when required. Leaving a legacy is important as it makes a huge difference to other people's lives and also lights up the right path for future generations.
If you are looking for quotations on greatness, here are some of the best leaving behind a legacy quotes to inspire you. If you are interested in similar quotes, then check out these [the road less traveled quotes] and [Godmother quotes] for more.
Quotes About Leaving A Legacy
Let us go through some famous people's words on leaving a legacy. These quotes about leaving a legacy after death might inspire you,
1. “I think the whole world is dying to hear someone say, ‘I love you.’ I think that if I can leave the legacy of love and passion in the world, then I think I’ve done my job in a world that’s getting colder and colder by the day.”
2. “Please think about your legacy because you are writing it every day.”
— Gary Vaynerchuk.
3."I don't fight for the money. I fight for my legacy. I fight for history. I fight for my people."
— Khabib Nurmagomedov.
4. “All good men and women must take responsibility to create legacies that will take the next generation to a level we could only imagine.”
5. “If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write something worth reading or do something worth writing.”
6. “No legacy is so rich as honesty.”
7. “No matter what happens in life, be good to people. Being good to people is a wonderful legacy to leave behind.”
― Taylor Swift.
8. “The evil that men do lives after them; The good is oft interred with their bones.”
― William Shakespeare.
Inspirational Quotes About Leaving A Legacy
A legacy is not necessarily monetary, there is more to it than physical possessions. These are some of the best quotes on leaving a legacy to find inspiration from.
9. “We stand our best chance of leaving a legacy to those who want to learn, our children, by standing firm. In matters of style, hey, swing with the stream. But in matters of principle, you need to stand like a rock.”
― Kevin Costner.
10. “The greatest legacy we can leave our children is happy memories.”
― Og Mandino.
11. “Everybody’s trying to leave their mark on the world. That’s why there are graffiti and babies.”
― Kristen Schaal.
Great Quotes About Leaving A Legacy
Here are some great quotes from various authors who shared their views on leaving a legacy. You are sure to appreciate these words.
12.“Carve your name on hearts, not tombstones. A legacy is etched into the minds of others and the stories they share about you.”
- Shannon L. Adler.
13. “Everyone must leave something behind when he dies, my grandfather said. A child or a book or a painting or a house or a wall built or a pair of shoes made... It doesn't matter what you do, he said, so long as you change something from the way it was before you touched it into something that's like you after you take your hands away.”
- Ray Bradbury.
14.“The planting of a tree, especially one of the long-living hardwood trees, is a gift which you can make to posterity at almost no cost and with almost no trouble, and if the tree takes root it will far outlive the visible effect of any of your other actions, good or evil.”
- George Orwell.
15.“Finance is not merely about making money. It's about achieving our deep goals and protecting the fruits of our labor. It's about stewardship and, therefore, about achieving a good society.”
- Robert J. Shiller.
16. “The great use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it.”
— William James.
17. "I really have reached a point where I can write a book about all of this."
- O. J. Simpson.
18. “You want to be part of something like that, that's something bigger than yourself, that's something you leave a legacy of being part of something special.”
- Saquon Barkley.
19.“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
- Mahatma Gandhi.
20.“Your story is the greatest legacy that you will leave to your friends. It’s the longest lasting legacy you will leave to your heirs.”
— Steve Saint.
21."Even though your time on the job is temporary, if you do a good enough job, your work there will last forever. "
– Idowu Koyenikan.
22."Confidence, like art, never comes from having all the answers; it comes from being open to all the questions."
-Earl Gray Stevens.
Quotes About Women Leaving A Legacy
Shannon L.Alder is a motivational author and these are some noteworthy quotes from her books, which present a woman's perspective.
23.“I don’t really care if people forget me. My legacy wasn’t about me. It was about everything I could do for another. When that sinks in…well you try a little harder. You dream a little broader.”
― Shannon L. Alder.
24."Never pray to be a better slave when God is trying to get you out of your situation.”
― Shannon L. Alder.
25."Never give up on someone. Sometimes the answers you are looking for are the same answers another person is looking for. Two people searching together are always better than one person alone.”
― Shannon L. Alder.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for the best leaving a legacy quotes to set an example, then why not take a look at these bucket list quotes, or champion quotes to be further inspired in life?
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.