Enemy turned Godmother to the princess, Maleficent is the star of the Disney movie.
Maleficent is a fairy who had her wings stolen, and the movie maps her efforts in trying to get them back - in juxtaposition to Princess Aurora's life, who she had cursed to exact revenge on her father. If you like Disney quotes, make sure you check out [Sleeping Beauty quotes] and Ursula quotes too.
Quotes By Maleficent
When it comes to movies' quotes, the tale of little Sleeping Beauty can take the cake for being the best Disney movie. Starring Angelina Jolie and Elle Fanning, this Disney movie puts a spin on the classic tale - mixing in the Sleeping Beauty with a queen who had her wings stolen, fairies, a cursed room, an evil mistress, and how she rediscovers herself with a little baby. Though Maleficent has a weakness for fire and iron, she emerges victorious because of her love. Read on to find your new favorite movie quote from this timeless classic.
1. "Hmm. It’s so ugly, you could almost feel sorry for it."
2. "I will not ask your forgiveness because what I have done to you is unforgivable."
3. “Pitchforks? Humans are hilarious.”
4. "You will not have the Moors! Not now, nor ever!"
5. "I swear, no harm will come to you as long as I live. And not a day shall pass that I don’t miss your smile."
6. "I call on those who live in the shadows! Fight with me now!"
7. “I have no daughter anymore.”
8. “Don’t ruin my morning.”
9. "But before the sun sets on her sixteenth birthday, she will prick her finger on the spindle of a spinning wheel and fall into a sleep-like death! A sleep from which she will never awaken!"
10. "Alright. The princess can be woken from her death sleep, but only by true love’s kiss. This curse will last till the end of time! No power on Earth can change it!"
11. "Queen Ingrith: If I didn’t know better, I'd say you were making a threat.
Maleficent: Well, do you?
Queen Ingrith: Do I what?
Maleficent: Know better."
12. “Love doesn’t always end well, Beastie.”
13. “Pull yourself together.”
14. "I had wings once, and they were strong. They could carry me above the clouds and into the headwinds, and they never faltered. Not even once."
15. "Maleficent brought down her wall of thorns and took off her crown. And she invited Aurora to see how the Moors had been once, long ago, when Maleficent was but a child and her heart was bright. For now, it was again."
Best Of Maleficent Movie Quotes
Featuring a little girl who seeks to find family, fairies as stand-in parents, the spindle of a spinning wheel and a princess about to prick her finger, and a cursed 16th birthday, this Disney movie is bound to be your next favorite. 'Maleficent' is truly one of a kind, and its movie quotes can be used as a testament of true love to date. Maleficent starts out looking for revenge for losing her wings, and this evil mistress then uses a curse on a baby to do so. What happens next? Maybe these movie quotes will let you know.
16. “My son is marrying Aurora, and Maleficent is coming to dinner”
– King John, 'Maleficent 2'.
17. "Go ahead, turn me into whatever you want. A bird, a worm. I don’t care anymore."
18. "Princess Aurora: Phillip asked me to marry him.
Maleficent: Poor thing – he'll recover!”
- 'Maleficent 2'.
19. “What’s next? You’ll turn him into a goat?”
20. “They don't want me in Alstead, why should I go?”
- 'Maleficent 2'.
21. " We are no longer fairies. We are three peasant women raising our orphan child in the woods."
22. "Maleficent: I really feel quite distressed not to receive an invitation.
Stefan: You're not welcome here.
Maleficent: Oh dear, what an awkward situation."
23. “I told you – this is no fairy tale”
– Queen Ingrith, 'Maleficent 2'.
24. "Prince Phillip: Of course we have to tell our parents.”
Princess Aurora: Do we?"
25. “Never distrust your instinct as a queen.”
– Queen Ingrith.
26. “There is no curse that could ever tear me away from you.”
– Prince Phillip.
27. “She's not Sleeping beauty anymore.”
28. “Natures greatest power is that of true transformation”
29. “Your mother will learn to love who you love.”
– King John.
30. "I know you are there. Don't be afraid."
- Princess Aurora.
31. "No! Don’t touch me. You’re the evil that’s in the world. It’s you!"
- Princess Aurora.
32. "I love you very much, but it’s time to say goodbye. You’ve been very good to me, except the time you accidentally fed me spiders."
33. “She really loves that boy, you know. You’re doing her a great kindness.”
34. “I fell in love with a girl in the forest – only her. I don't want you to change.”
– Prince Phillip.
35. "Listen well, you all! The princess will indeed grow in grace and beauty."
The Most Heartwarming Maleficent Quotes
Disney released the movie in 2014, and though it seems like it has been years and years, there is no other Disney movie quite like it. Well, until we can get the next installment of the series, we can follow up Maleficent's tale for revenge with some of the most heartwarming quotes from the series. It can teach us that even though people may dismiss true love as a lie, it is a very real thing, and with the power of true love, anything can be conquered.
36. "In the end, my kingdom was united not by a hero or a villain, as legend had predicted, but by one who was both hero and villain. And her name was Maleficent."
-Princess Aurora (in a voiceover as Narrator).
37. “We are not defined by where we’re from, but by who we love.”
38. "What a glittering assemblage, King Stefan. Royalty, nobility, the gentry... How quaint, even the rabble are here."
39. "Sweet Aurora, you have stolen what was left of my heart and now I have lost you too."
40. “Ruling humans is a bit more complicated than running around barefoot with flowers in your hair”
– Queen Ingrith.
41. "So you see, the story is not quite as you were told."
42. "I revoke my curse! Let it be no more! I revoke my curse! Let it be no more! Let it be no more!"
43. "Princess Aurora: I know who you are.
Maleficent: Do you?
Princess Aurora: You’re my Fairy Godmother.
Princess Aurora: Fairy Godmother. You’ve been watching over me my whole life. I’ve always known you were close by.
Princess Aurora: Your shadow, it’s been following me ever since I was small. Wherever I went, your shadow was always with me."
44. "When the curse fails, Maleficent will come for me. And on that day, I will be ready."
45. "I remember you! Pretty bird!"
46. "Prepare the men. Maleficent’s coming."
47. "Aurora, there is an evil in this world, hatred and betrayal. And I cannot keep you from it."
48. "Haven’t you ever heard of love at first sight? Go on."
49. "Diaval: That boy is the answer! True love's kiss.
Maleficent: Have you not worked it out yet? I cursed her that way because there is no such thing."
50. "True love does not exist."
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for Maleficent quotes from the Disney movies then why not take a look at [Disney Love quotes], or [Mulan quotes].
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.