The best man is the most important person for the groom during the wedding, aside from the bride!
In a wedding, everything that is connected to the groom should be known by the best man. It is the best man who has to take care of nearly everything as the groom has got his hands full.
It is an important role to be a best man as it represents responsibility, so, be sure to be ready to take up all the responsibilities if you say yes. If you don't want to take up such a big role, it is okay to say no to the groom when he asks you to be the best man for him. Also, the best man has to give a speech and read the messages from the people who could not attend the wedding but have sent their best wishes.
The scariest and the most fun part of the wedding is the speech. If you are a best friend, you can add up the incidents you both did as teens and get some good best man quotes to make the speech look good and funny. You have to not talk only about the groom but also the bride. After all, it is going to be the bride and groom wedded to be a couple.
For your help, we have collected quotes for best man speeches where you can find funny best man quotes too, and also best man toasts quotes. If you like this, check out 50th wedding anniversary quotes or [Dwight Schrute quotes].
Best Best Man Quotes
Here you can find some of the best best man speech quotes.
1. "The most precious possession that ever comes to a man in this world is a woman’s heart."
- Timothy Titcomb, 'J. G. Holland.'
2. "What I say is that, if a man really likes potatoes, he must be a pretty decent sort of fellow."
- A.A. Milne, 'Winnie-The-Pooh.'
3. "My speech is going to be like a mini-skirt: long enough to cover the essentials and short enough to hold your attention."
4. "It's a funny thing that when a man hasn't anything on earth to worry about, he goes off and gets married."
- Robert Frost.
5. "Marriage is not just spiritual communion. It is also remembering to take out the trash."
- Joyce Brothers.
6. "Never go to bed on an argument. Stay up and fight."
- Phyllis Diller.
7. "Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same."
- Emily Bronte.
8. "Love one another and you will be happy; it is as simple and as difficult as that."
- Michael Leunig.
9. "Love does not consist of gazing at one another but looking outward in the same direction."
- Antoine de Saint-Exupery.
10. "To love someone deeply gives you strength. Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage."
- Lao Tzu.
11. "May the best day of your past be the worst day of your future."
12. "A man is already halfway in love with any woman who listens to him."
- Brendan Francis.
13. "There is no more lovely, friendly, and charming relationship, communion than a good marriage."
- Martin Luther.
Love Quotes For Best Man Speech
In this category, you will find best man toast quotes and also, best man speech ending quotes with some love quotes.
14. "Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly."
- Rose Franken.
15. "A good marriage is that in which each appoints the other guardian of his solitude."
- Rainer Maria Rilke.
16. "Here's to the groom, a man who keeps his head though he loses his heart."
17. "Before we raise our glasses to the happy couple, I’d like to make a toast to wives and lovers everywhere – may they never, ever cross paths!"
18. "There is only one happiness in life – to love and be loved."
- George Sand.
19. "Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies."
20. "It’s not as great a day for the bride as she thinks. She’s not marrying the best man."
21. "Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction."
- Antoine de Saint-Exupery.
22. An archeologist is the best husband a woman can have. The older she gets, the more interested he is in her."
- Agatha Christie.
23. "I love being married. It’s so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life."
- Rita Rudner.
24. "Love is the greatest refreshment in life."
- Pablo Picasso.
25. "My advice to you is to get married. If you find a good wife, you'll be happy; if not, you'll become a philosopher."
Best Most Interesting Man Quotes
Here, we have clubbed great best man quotes for a friend who wants to address bride and groom in the toast.
26. "We never live so intensely as when we love strongly. We never realize ourselves so vividly as when we are in the full glow of love for others."
- Walter Rauschenbusch.
27. "There is no greater happiness for a man than approaching a door at the end of a day, knowing someone on the other side of that door is waiting for the sound of his footsteps."
- Ronald Reagan.
28. "It is written: When children find true love, parents find true joy."
29. "In a great romance, each person plays a part the other really likes."
- Elizabeth Ashley.
30. "Marriage is like putting your hand into a bag of snakes in the hope of pulling out an eel."
- Leonardo DaVinci.
31. "For one more time, I’m going to ask everyone to charge their glasses and – for those who still can – stand, and raise a glass to the newlyweds."
32. "It's tough to stay married. My wife kisses the dog on the lips, yet she won't drink from my glass."
- Rodney Dangerfield.
33. "You know you are in love when you see the world in her eyes, and her eyes everywhere in the world."
- David Levesque.
34. "Be presidents of each other's fan clubs."
- Tony Heath.
Good Quotes For Best Man Speech
Here, you will find the best man speech closing quotes for friends who want to be funny and give a good toast to the bride and groom at their wedding.
35. "Marriage is like a game of chess except the board is flowing water, the pieces are made of smoke and no move you make will have any effect on the outcome."
- Jerry Seinfeld.
36. "Love is being stupid together."
- Paul Valery.
37. "A marriage is always made up of two people who are prepared to swear that only the other one snores."
- Terry Pratchett.
38. "A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person."
- Mignon McLaughlin.
39. "The best thing to hold onto in life is each other."
- Audrey Hepburn.
40. "Before you marry a person, you should first make them use a computer with slow Internet service to see who they really are."
- Will Ferrell.
41. "To get the full value of joy you must have someone to divide it with."
- Mark Twain.
42. "Love is blind — marriage is the eye-opener."
- Pauline Thomason.
43. "They say you don’t marry the person you can live with, you marry the person you can’t live without. That sums up these two perfectly. To the happy couple."
44. "One of the best things about love is just recognizing a man’s steps when he climbs the stairs."
Romantic Quotes For Best Man Speech
Read best man speeches quotes in this section. Also, find best man wedding quotes for the best friend who wants to show his friendship through the part of the toast for the wedding.
45. "I love you so much, and I really hope you'll feel the same about me after you hear my speech."
46. "The more you invest in a marriage, the more valuable it becomes."
- Amy Grant.
47. "If you want your wife to listen to you, then talk to another woman; she will be all ears."
- Sigmund Freud.
48. "Marriage is like a cage; one sees the birds desperate to get in, and those inside equally desperate to get out."
- Michelle de Montaigne.
49. "It doesn’t matter if the guy is perfect or the girl is perfect, as long as they are perfect for each other."
- Robin Williams, 'Good Will Hunting.'
50. "If I get married, I want to be very married."
- Audrey Hepburn.
51. "What greater thing is there for two human souls than to feel that they are joined…to strengthen each other…to be at one with each other in silent unspeakable memories."
- George Eliot.
52. "We are asleep until we fall in love!"
- Leo Tolstoy, 'War And Peace.'
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for best man quotes, then why not take a look at thank you wedding quotes, or '[Thelma And Louise' quotes]?
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.