Mother Nature is also known as Mother Earth.
Mother Nature can be hard to explain, she is a figure who symbolizes our earth and the beauty of nature. Many see her as our supreme mother, who has created the wonders and gifts of nature that we are so lucky to live among.
Here is a list of some Mother Nature quotes, stories, and ideas to soothe the soul which might encourage you to appreciate the natural world. These Mother Nature quotes might also come in handy as nature photo captions for social media posts.
If you like these Mother Nature quotes, you can check out these [nature quotes] and mountain quotes too.
Beautiful Earth Quotes
Are you ready to discover the best Mother Nature quotes? The earth is a beautiful place to live in if we take care of it. Here is a list of some of the most beautiful Mother Nature quotes on earth to remind us of this.
1. "Preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, it's the only home we've ever known."
2. "To forget how to dig the earth and to tend the soil is to forget ourselves."
3. "Every life matters. Be like Mother Nature and love everyone without judging."
4. "Milk contains growth hormones designed by Mother Nature to put a few hundred pounds on a baby calf within a few months."
- Michael Greger.
5. “I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees”
- Henry David Thoreau.
6. "Come with me into the woods where spring is advancing, as it does, no matter what, not being singular or particular, but one of the forever gifts, and certainly visible."
7. "Mother Nature is a master sculptor and in no place is that more evident than at Arches National Park."
8. "I am glad I will not be young in a future without wilderness."
9. "Being able to smell the fresh air and disconnect from the news and your phone—there’s nothing like it."
- Jason Ward.
10. "We do not see nature with our eyes, but with our understandings and our hearts."
11. "When you go to say hello to nature, put every redundant sound away, for nature is music, and that alone should suffice."
-Michael Bassey Johnson.
12. "You are totally at the mercy of nature in this country, mate. It's just a fact of life."
13. "I think Nature's imagination is so much greater than man's, she's never going to let us relax!"
-Richard Phillip Feynmann.
14." When she goes into the wilderness, a part of her is Soul is going home."
17. "The Wild Woman has a deep love of nature, a love for the Ancient Mother, though possibly misunderstood, it has always been in her."
18. "Behind every cloud is another cloud."
19. "Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts."
20. "Plant seeds of happiness, hope, success, and love; it will all come back to you in abundance. This is the law of nature."
Refreshing Quotes On Mother Nature
Escape into the heart of nature with these rejuvenating Mother Nature quotes from Ralph Waldo Emerson and more.
21. "In nature, nothing is perfect and everything is perfect. Trees can be contorted, bent in weird ways, and they're still beautiful."
22. "At some point in life the world's beauty becomes enough. You don't need to photograph, paint, or even remember it. It is enough."
23. "If we didn't need eight hours of sleep and could survive on six, Mother Nature would have done away with 25 percent of our sleep time millions of years ago."
24. "Autumn is the time of year when Mother Nature says, “Look how easy, how healthy, and how beautiful letting go can be."
25. "A dog is a vehicle, you know; a dog is a window to Mother Nature, and that's the closest species we have."
26. "On 'Far North', we were always aware of being at the whim of mother nature. She's the biggest star in the film."
27. "This majestic performance of bad temper manages to overshadow my pathetic attempts at pouting. No one broods like Mother Nature, hence she steals all the attention I was sulking after."
-Richelle E. Goodrich.
28. "The natural world is the larger sacred community to which we belong. To be alienated from this community is to become destitute in all that makes us human. To damage this community is to diminish our own existence."
29. "Mother Nature is always speaking. She speaks in a language understood within the peaceful mind of the sincere observer."
30. "Every flower is a soul blossoming in nature."
-Gerard De Nerval.
31. "Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."
-Hans Christian Andersen.
32. "I'd rather be in the mountains thinking of God, than in church thinking about the mountains."
33. "Trees do not force their sap, nor does the flower push its bloom."
-Rainer Maria Rilke.
34. "Colors are the smiles of nature."
35. "The ocean is a mighty harmonist."
36. "Water is the driving force of all nature."
-Leonardo de Vinci.
37. "My soul can find no staircase to heaven unless it be through Earth's loveliness."
38. "In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks."
39. "Adopt the pace of nature. Her secret is patience."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson.
40. “Normally, 'nature' means plants, animals, the scenery, and additional aspects and products of the world, in opposition to humans or human creations. But, I think we, the humans, are not in opposition; we are not only the 'part' of nature, we 'are' nature!”
― Md. Ziaul Haque.
Appreciate Nature Quotes
Here is a list of some thankful for nature quotes to show your gratitude to the environment and to Mother Nature.
41. "If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere."
-Frank Lloyd Wright.
42. "Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy."
43. "One touch of nature makes the whole world kin."
44. When Mother Nature speaks, even the Gods hold silence."
45. "I felt my lungs inflate with the onrush of scenery—air, mountains, trees, people. I thought, 'This is what it is to be happy.'"
46. "Mother Nature is the great equalizer. You can't get away from it."
47. "Always respect Mother Nature. Especially when she weighs 400 pounds and is guarding her baby."
48. "Mother Nature made continents. Human beings made countries."
49. "When I pray, I always thank Mother Nature for all the beauty in the world. It's about having an attitude of gratitude."
50. "No human, no matter how ancient, or how popular, can be above the laws of Nature."
51. "Mother Nature has been the best bioengineer in history. Why not harness the evolutionary process to design proteins?"
52. "Nature is regulating our climate for free. Mother Nature, she's been doing that for free, for a long, long time."
53. "When you refer to terra entities, you ornately say Mother Nature and Mother Earth. How much honour and care do all of us accord to any of the three - including our real life mother?"
54. "We are not apart from nature, we are a part of nature. And to betray nature is to betray us. To save nature is to save us."
55. "Mother Nature is a great writing teacher; she never misses a chance to make you smell the flowers and then takes them away. There, she says, 'now produce a rose.'"
-Nanette L Avery.
56. "Should you shield the canyons from the windstorms you would never see the true beauty of their carvings."
-Elisabeth Kübler Ross
57. "The most intellectual creature to ever walk the planet Earth is destroying its only home"
58. "If you can't be in awe of Mother Nature, there's something wrong with you."
59. "My wish is to stay always like this, living quietly in a corner of nature."
60. "If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere."
-Laura Ingalls Wilder.
Heart-Stirring Inspirational Quotes About Mother Nature
If you're looking for a soul-spa, you will love this list of Mother Nature quotes that will melt all your walls. Appreciate Mother Earth with these amazing Mother Nature quotes.
61. "Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you."
-Frank Lloyd Wright.
62. Mother Nature is our teacher—reconnecting us with Spirit, waking us up and liberating our hearts."
63. "Come forth into the light of things, let nature be your teacher."
- William Wordsworth.
64. "Mother Nature is a self-taught engineer.”
65. "Miracles do not, in fact, break the laws of nature."
- C.S. Lewis.
66. "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better."
67. "When we can transcend our fear of the creatures of the forest, then we become one with all that is; we enter a unity of existence with our relatives—the animals, the plants and the land that sustains us."
68. "The dependency of the human element on Planet Earth is a profoundly personal relationship with Nature’s Mom."
69. "Going to the mountains is like going home."
70. "Mother Nature offers her nurturing essence to us all freely with no expectation of reciprocation."
-Amy Leigh Mercree.
71. "Harmony is about bringing things into balance and knowing how to go from sunrise to sunset. Mother Nature teaches this to us, in so many ways, each and every day."
72. "Gray skies are just clouds passing over."
73. "Listen to the murmur of water and you'll hear Mother Nature."
-Donald L. Hicks.
74. "I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees."
-Henry David Thoreau.
75. "Choose only one master—nature."
76. "All human institutions, professions, programs and activities must now be judged by the extent to which they inhibit, ignore, or foster a human and Earth relationship."
77. "The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has enough time."
78. "Leave the roads; take the trails."
79. "How strange that nature does not knock, and yet does not intrude!"
80. "He is richest who is content with the least, for content is the wealth of nature."
81. "To wantonly destroy a living species is to silence forever a divine voice."
Positive And Motivational Nature Quotes
Here's a list of positive and poignant Mother Nature quotes to help you on a journey of self-discovery. Which of these Mother Nature quotes inspires your most to respect the amazing Mother Earth?
81. "Words, like nature, half reveal and half conceal the soul within."
-Alfred Lord Tennyson.
82. "Spring is nature's way of saying, 'Let's party!'"
83. "In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous."
84. "We still do not know one-thousandth of one percent of what nature has revealed to us."
85. "If one way be better than another, that you may be sure is nature's way."
86. "Nature to be commanded must be obeyed."
-Sir Francis Bacon.
87. "Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong."
88. "On earth there is no heaven, but there are pieces of it."
89. "All are but parts of one stupendous whole, whose body Nature is, and God the soul."
90. "The family is one of nature's masterpieces."
91. "All water has a perfect memory and is forever trying to get back to where it was."
92. "Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light."
93. "Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy."
94. "Nature never did betray the heart that loved her."
- William Wordsworth.
95. "There are always flowers for those who want to see them."
96. "Land really is the best art."
97. "Time spent amongst trees is never wasted time."
98. "Sunset is still my favorite color, and rainbow is second."
99. "Nature is the art of God."
100. "Those who find beauty in all of nature will find themselves at one with the secrets of life itself."
-L. Wolfe Gilbert.
101. "The world is too much with us; late and soon, getting and spending, we lay waste our powers: Little we see in Nature that is ours."
- William Wordsworth.
102. "Mother Nature made me the way I am, and I should be happy."
103. "That's the thing about Mother Nature, she really doesn't care what economic bracket you're in."
104. "When I'm off the clock, I usually play video games - or do something nature-y so I can contribute to Mother Nature."
-Harry Shum, Jr.
105. "Modern parents want to nurture so skillfully that Mother Nature will gasp in admiration at the marvels their parenting produces from the soft clay of children."
106. "Mother Nature comes up against reality, and the reality is that the system doesn't work."
107. "It felt natural. That is what I remember most about becoming a father halfway through my 20s. As if Mother Nature was giving me the big thumbs up."
108. "At the end of the day, you can't compete with Mother Nature. If you've got a great tomato, just a pinch of sea salt is all you need."
109. "I do believe very strongly that all of us and all of the other things in the context of our planet with Mother Nature, all of these things absolutely have a profound effect."
110. "One of the things I enjoy is the challenge of Mother Nature."
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for Mother Nature quotes then why not take a look at these [outdoor quotes] or [river quotes] too?
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.