The brain needs rest at several intervals and so we take a nap, a ten-minute nap has the power to help you pull an all-nighter to finish all that work that is piled up.
Sleep is a very important aspect of living a healthy life. According to age groups there are different sleep cycles, but taking naps can turn into a bad habit and make you lazy.
Children usually have a very strange sleep cycle which usually doesn’t match with adults, as in their parents. It becomes extremely hard to have them sleep on time. Also, taking naps in between busy schedules can make things go smoothly without tiring the eyes and the body. In the leading era of technology and everything being digital, the eyes go through a lot of strain which can be soothed by taking a nap. Here are the best nap quotes for sleepy heads.
Afternoon Happy Nap Quotes
Afternoons are probably the best time to take a nap. As afternoon falls right between a busy daytime, it’s really refreshing to take a break and have nap. Here are some afternoon nap quotes, along with some cat nap quotes and dog nap quotes for your pets, to make you feel calm and relaxed.
1. “Think what a better world it would be if we all, the whole world, had cookies and milk about three o'clock every afternoon and then lay down on our blankets for a nap.”
- Barbara Jordan.
2. “I love being able to take a nap in the afternoon.”
- Edie Falco.
3. “Sleep more at night. If it's allowed at work or home, take a nap in the afternoon. You'll be amazed at how much better you'll feel.”
- Ben Stein.
4. “I don’t generally feel anything until noon, then it’s time for my nap.”
- Bob Hope.
5. “Learn from yesterday, live for today, look to tomorrow, rest this afternoon.”
- Charles M. Schulz.
6. “I can get moody sometimes when I wake up after a nap, I'm like a four-year-old.”
- Ed Westwick.
7. “I remember lying down for a nap one day at about 4:00 and walking up at 11:00 the next morning.”
- April Winchell.
8. “It was around 4 p.m. in the afternoon. I was just taking a nap. Luckily, my sister was home.”
- Sherman Austin.
9. “Sometimes I try to take a nap before shows. That clears my head.”
- Louis C. K.
10. “My biggest thrill in life is to read in the afternoon until I fall asleep and take a nap.”
- Sissy Spacek.
11. “A daytime nap proved to be additive.”
- Tony Schwartz.
12. “The nap is a sort of easy version of meditation.”
- Tom Hodgkinson, 'How To Be Idle: A Loafer's Manifesto', 2004.
13. “A nap on a warm day, in the shade, with a breeze, is one of the great pleasures of being.”
- Terri Guillemets, 'Siesta,' 2007.
14. “I drifted into a summer-nap under the hot shade of July, serenaded by a cicadae lullaby, to drowsy-warm dreams of distant thunder.”
- Terri Guillemets.
15. “As a well-spent day brings happy sleep, so a life well spent brings happy death.”
- Leonardo Da Vinci.
16. “Sleep is the golden chain that ties health and our bodies together.”
- Thomas Dekker.
17. “Sleep is the best meditation.”
- Dalai Lama.
18. “Temperament, you'll find, is highly dependent on time of day, weather, frequency of naps, and whether one has had enough to eat.”
- Catherynne M. Valente
19. “Two things I dislike about my granddaughter - when she won't take her afternoon nap, and when she won't let me take mine.”
- Gene Perret.
20. “Mornings belong to whatever is new; the current composition. Afternoons are for naps and letters.”
- Stephen King.
21. “Man should forget his anger before he lies down to sleep.”
- Mohandas Gandhi.
22. “The minute anyone’s getting anxious I say, ‘You must eat and you must sleep.’ They’re the two vital elements for a healthy life.”
- Francesca Annis.
23. “Fatigue is the best pillow.”
- Benjamin Franklin.
24. “Happiness consists of getting enough sleep. Just that, nothing more.”
- Robert A. Heinlein.
Take A Nap Quote
There are many different reasons to take a nap, like being tired, to have a little break, to feel refreshed or simply to pass time. Taking a nap can definitely be beneficial in improving your health and physical and mental fatigue. Here are a few rest quotes and a sleep well quote that will give you a relatable reason to take a nap.
25. “The replenishing thing that comes with a nap - you end up with two mornings in a day.”
- Pete Hamill.
26. “I catnap now and then, but I think while I nap, so it's not a waste of time.”
- Martha Stewart.
27. “I have a hard time getting past the day without the nap, so the nap is a must.”
- Mohnish Pabrai.
28. “I’ll probably get a nap in there. I usually take a nap early on, maybe an hour, not too long. I don’t want to get too drowsy.”
- Al Horford.
29. “Naps are nature’s way of reminding you that life is nice – like a beautiful, softly swinging hammock strung between birth and infinity.”
- Peggy Noonan.
30. “Nine minutes is not a long time, if you’re going to take a nap. But it’s an eternity if you’re going to hide a shotgun.”
- Chris Collins.
31. “All life is a nap. The more naps you take the better.”
- Ralph Waldo Emerson.
32. “Always nap when you can. It is cheap medicine.”
– Lord Byron.
33. “If you’re going through hell take a nap.”
- Winston Churchill.
34. “Figure out what to do, then take a nap.”
- Adam Carolla.
35. “Finally, you get the job, and you think you'll be dancing on the ceiling, but I just wanted to go take a nap. It was just like a weight had been lifted off or something.
- Josh Duhamel.
36. “I usually take a nap, grab something to eat and listen to music, nothing too crazy and just hang out, chill and relax.”
- Russell Westbrook.
37. “Don’t waste energy being angry. If you can’t use your energy for something positive, take a nap, give your energy a break.”
- Anurag Prakash Ray.
38. “A quick nap right now sounds really good.”
- Fred Olen Ray.
39. “Naps are nature's hugs!”
- Ciro Nieli.
40. “No time to sleep, you better take a nap; Wake up, put in the work, and live the dream.”
- Joseph Junior Adenuga.
Sleepy Head Quotes To Fall Asleep
Sometimes you absolutely need no reason to take a nap. Just a lazy day with many naps would make the day feel light. It's okay to have naps even after a good night’s sleep because even a good night’s sleep cannot be compared to the relaxing feeling which a nap provides. Here are some of the best can't sleep quotes that will make you feel better.
41. “So, napping helps. According to a recent survey, napping is not only healthy, it burns calories too.”
- Martha Bolton.
42. “I never take a nap after dinner but when I have had a bad night, and then the nap takes me.”
- Samuel Johnson.
43. “Reading and naps, two of life's greatest pleasures, go especially well together.”
- Will Schwalbe, 'Books For Living'.
44. “My body has decreed that I shall nap, and nothing will stand in my way.”
- Kathryn Ormsbee, 'Tash Hearts Tolstoy'.
45. “With great power comes a great need to take a nap.”
- Rick Riordan, 'The Last Olympian'.
46. “School means work and work means death. Let's all go take a nap.”
- Emma Shannon.
47. “Guess I am going to take a man-nap. Wake me up when there is food.”
- Vann Chow, 'Shanghai Nobody'.
48. “A lot of high-profile companies are recognizing the benefits of power napping...It's like kindergarten all over again.”
- Stefanie Weisman.
49. “Naps are not a sign of physical slovenliness. They are a sign that I am listening to my body. It will reward me with stable emotions, hormones that stay in check, social finesse, continued cleverness, and the ability to write prose that does not make me gag.”
- Thomm Quackenbush, 'A Creature Was Stirring'.
50. “Sometimes a really good nap feels better than an entire night's sleep.”
- Terri Guillemets, ‘Comforter’, 1989.
51. “Your life is a reflection of how you sleep, and how you sleep is a reflection of your life.”
- Dr. Rafael Pelayo.
52. “Your future depends on your dreams, so go to sleep.”
- Mesut Barazany.
53. “It's better to crash into a nap than to nap into a crash.”
54. “I count it as a certainty that in paradise, everyone naps.”
- Tom Hodgkinson.
55. “Without enough sleep, we all become tall two-year-olds.”
- JoJo Jensen, 'Dirt Farmer Wisdom', 2002.
56. “I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.”
- Darynda Jones.
57. “When you can't figure out what to do, it's time for a nap.”
- Mason Cooley.
58. “There is always time for a nap.”
- Suzy Becker.
59. “Researchers at Harvard say that taking a power nap for an hour in the afternoon can totally refresh you. They say that by the time you wake up you'll feel so good, you'll be able to start looking for a new job.”
- Jay Leno.
60. “Let's start by taking a smallish nap or two...”
61. “A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctor's book.”
- Irish Proverb.
Funny Sleep And Nap Quotes
Here are a few funny nap and sleep quotes which will make you fall asleep and then feel much better. You can also have a little nap after reading these funny nap quotes because you need the rest.
61. “In bed, I can go for hours. Oh yes, I love naps.”
- Jarod Kintz.
62. “A day without a nap is like a cupcake without frosting.”
- Terri Guillemets.
63. “I think they're going to force us to eat lots of cake and then take an unreasonably long nap.”
- Veronica Roth, 'Insurgent'.
64. “I am a sleepy fellow. I will take a nice long nap the first chance I get.”
- Ruskin Bond.
65. “I'm such a good sleeper that I can have tea any time of day, and I will have no problem taking a nap. I'm a professional napper.”
- Darby Stanchfield.
66. “I like to nap. I do like to sleep. Sometimes I sleep in between takes.”
- Jodie Foster.
67. “I'm the king of napping. I can nap and I snore. Then I wake up, go to the toilet, wash my face, have a coffee and it's like a brand-new day.”
- Gino D'Acampo.
68. “Naps beyond measure are man’s greatest treasure.”
- Ravenclaw House Motto.
69. “If you love naps, don’t waste naps, for naps are what life is made of.”
- Bruce Lee.
70. “List of things that went wrong today just keeps increasing lol. Need nap and candy asap.”
- Justine Ezarik.
71. “There’s never enough time for all the naps you want.”
- Carolyn V. Hamilton.
72. “No day is so bad it can't be fixed with a nap.”
- Carrie Snow.
73. “Ah. Naps are good. I highly advocate naps.”
- Andrew W. Marlowe.
74. “Again, the nap wasn't the problem--it was the timing.”
- Martha Bolton.
Funny Nap Quotes On Napping
Need a nap? Then read some nap quotes. Whether it be nap time quotes or take a nap quotes, they are enjoyed by the nap lovers all over the world. Read on for some of the most funny morning nap quotes and Sunday nap quotes for you to enjoy your napping.
75. “Sleep: a poor substitute for caffeine!”
- Wally Shawn.
76. “Sleep is the most moronic fraternity in the world, with the heaviest dues and the crudest rituals.”
- Vladimir Nabokov.
77. “A kid will run any errand for you if you ask at bedtime.”
- Red Skelton.
78. “If you’re going to do something tonight that you’ll be sorry for tomorrow morning, sleep late.”
- Henry Youngman.
79. “There is no sunrise so beautiful that it is worth waking me up to see it.”
- Mindy Kaling.
80. “My biggest parenting conundrum: Why is it so hard to put someone who is already sleepy to sleep.”
- Chrissy Teigen.
81. “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I’m awake, you know?”
- Ernest Hemingway.
82. “The best bridge between despair and hope is a good night’s sleep.”
- E. Joseph Cossman.
83. “Anyone can escape into sleep, we are all geniuses when we dream, the butcher’s the poet’s equal there.”
- Emile M. Cioran.
84. “I love to sleep. I’d sleep all day if I could.”
- Miley Cyrus.
85. “Even where sleep is concerned, too much is a bad thing.”
86. “Once upon a time, Sleeping Beauty decided to take a nap from which she would never wake up.”
- Rachel Cohn.
87. “Sleeping is no mean art: for its sake one must stay awake all day.”
- Friedrich Nietzsche.
88. “Laugh and the world laughs with you; snore, and you sleep alone!”
- Anthony Burgess.
89. “The amount of sleep required by the average person is five minutes more.”
- Wilson Mizener.
90. “People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one.”
- Leo J. Burke.
91. “Some people talk in their sleep. Lecturers talk while other people sleep.”
- Albert Camus.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for nap quotes, then why not take a look at just breathe quotes, or [serenity quotes].
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.