Daughters are a part of our soul and heart.
25 September is celebrated as National Daughter's Day. On this day, people celebrate the presence of their baby girl with gifts, cards, and memes.
This concept was started in India by Archies Limited and is celebrated in India on the last Sunday of September. You can simply wish your precious girl on this day or level up your game and make your daughters some great cards. There's no way your girl won't appreciate a great sign of daughter's day quotes and memes. We have a list of 'my daughter' quotes, quote about daughters growing up, father-daughter quotes, and mother-daughter quotes that will give you ideas for the upcoming Daughter's Day.
For more relatable content check out quotes articles [step daughter quotes] and [daughter in law quotes].
Best Daughter Quotes
Your precious angels have a part of your heart. As parents who have been through all their firsts in life, you should give them more than gifts. This one list has all the best quotes that a mother or father can share with their daughters.
1. "My daughter is my biggest achievement. She is a little star and my life has changed so much for the better since she came along."
- Denise Van Outen.
2. "Daughters are angels sent from above to fill our heart with unending love."
- J. Lee.
3. "I love our daughters more than anything in the world, more than life itself."
- Michelle Obama.
4. "The birth of my daughter gave me life."
- Johnny Depp.
5. "She was sent to rescue me
I see who I want to be
In my daughter's eyes."
- Martina McBride, 'In My Daughter's Eyes'.
6. "It kills you to see them grow up. But I guess it would kill you quicker if they didn't."
- Barbara Kingsolver.
7. "I think that the story of mothers and daughters is so universal."
- Tamlyn Tomita.
8. "Mothers and daughters together are a powerful force to be reckoned with."
- Melia Keeton-Digby.
9. "I do see the world as being different for girls - especially now, having daughters."
- Dierks Bentley.
10. "As mothers and daughters, we are connected with one another."
- Kristin Hannah, 'Summer Island'.
Funny Quotes For Daughter's Day
Nothing is more precious than our daughters' giggles. Celebrate the occasion with some funny quotes on daughters.
11. "Anything happens to my daughter, I got a .45 and a shovel, I doubt anybody would miss you."
- Mel Horowitz, 'Clueless'.
12. "Maybe it's just a daughter's job to annoy her mother."
- Chuck Palahniuk, 'Diary'.
13. "A daughter is a treasure and a cause of sleeplessness."
- Ben Sirach.
14. "I thought I’d never be that annoying person, but as soon as Winnie was born, I was showing iPhone snaps to a cab driver."
- Jimmy Fallon.
15. "She was a monster, but she was my monster."
- Jeanette Winterson, 'Why Be Happy When You Could Be Normal?'.
16. "Brush your teeth, work hard, stay away from any boy in a band. Especially a drummer."
- Cade Yeager, 'The Last Knight'.
17. "Watching your daughter being collected by her date feels like handing over a million dollar Stradivarius to a gorilla."
- Jim Bishop.
18. "It is admirable for a man to take his son fishing, but there is a special place in heaven for the father who takes his daughter shopping."
- John Sinor.
19. "I have three daughters and I find as a result I played King Lear almost without rehearsal."
- Peter Ustinov.
20. "I could never love anyone the way I love you, I used to tell my wife. And then the second I looked in that baby’s eyes, in that exact moment, that if we were ever under attack, I would use my wife as a human shield to protect that baby."
- Ryan Reynolds.
21. "I keep seeing myself in my daughter, and I see my mother in me and in her."
- Julie Walters.
Popular Daughter Quotations
Your son and daughter mean the world to you. Use these quotes on the occasion of Daughter's Day to let your daughters know how much they mean to their mom and dad.
22. "I knew the love of a father runs deep
And I prayed that she'd find you someday
But it's still hard to give her away
I loved her first."
- Heartland, 'I Loved Her First'.
23. "A daughter is a miracle that never ceases to be miraculous… full of beauty and forever beautiful… loving and caring and truly amazing."
- Deanna Beisser.
24. "The relationship between parents and children, but especially between mothers and daughters, is tremendously powerful, scarcely to be comprehended in any rational way."
- Joyce Carol Oates.
25. "If I had a choice of educating my daughters or my sons because of opportunity constraints, I would choose to educate my daughters."
- Brigham Young.
26. "When I come home, my daughter will run to the door and give me a big hug, and everything that’s happened that day just melts away."
- Hugh Jackman.
27. "A daughter is the happy memories of the past, the joyful moments of the present, and the hope and promise of the future."
- Bruce Barton.
28. "You see, at the end of the day, my most important title is still 'mom-in-chief.' My daughters are still the heart of my heart and the center of my world."
- Michelle Obama.
29. "I don't want my daughters growing up entitled and spoiled. And I agree with my father: you give your children enough money to do something but not enough to do nothing."
- Matt King, 'The Descenders'.
Great Quotes About Daughters
Women, especially your daughters should be appreciated. These great quotes will make mothers and daughters happy.
30. "A daughter is one of the most beautiful gifts this world has to give."
- Laurel Atherton.
31. "Now and then when I see her face
She takes me away to that special place."
- Guns N' Roses, 'Sweet Child O' Mine'.
32. "For our daughters and our granddaughters now, the sky is the limit."
- Nancy Pelosi.
33. "Life flies by in seconds
You're not a baby Gracie, you're my friend
You'll be a lady soon but until then
You gotta do what I say."
- Ben Folds, 'Graice'.
34. "Our daughters are the most precious of our treasures, the dearest possessions of our homes and the objects of our most watchful love."
- Margaret E. Sangster.
35. "6 pounds and 9 ounces, looking up at me
Like I have all the answers
I hope I have the ones you need."
- Reba McEntire, 'You're Gonna Be'.
36. "Every woman needs a daughter to tell her stories to."
- Karen White.
37. "To a father growing old nothing is dearer than a daughter."
38. "A daughter is a bundle of firsts that excite and delight, giggles that come from deep inside and are always contagious, everything wonderful and precious and your love for her knows no bounds."
Daughter's Day Card Quotes
A mother can say 'Happy Daughter's Day' to her daughter or use these 'Happy National Daughter's Day' quotes on special customized cards.
39. "Gonna dance with my daughter
Spin her around under the lights
'Cause I'm just a father
Making the most of this moment in time."
- Jason Blaine, 'Dance With My Daughter'.
40. "A daughter is chiseled to chisel the world."
- Karishma Gajipara.
These walls seem to cave in on me
But when I look in your eyes
I feel alive."
- Beyonce, 'Blue'.
42. "Daughter, there are not enough words to tell you how much I love you!"
- Catherine Pulsifer.
43. "You are my angel, you remind me of the goodness in this world and inspire me to be the greatest version of myself".
- Steve Maraboli.
44. "As the lily among thorns, so is my love among the daughters."
- Solomon Ibn Gabirol.
45. "With your loving, there ain't nothing
That I can't adore."
- Adele, 'Sweetest Devotion'.
46. "Old as she was, she still missed her daddy sometimes."
- Gloria Naylor.
47. "Yes I miss you
But I never want to hold you down
You might say I'm here for you."
- Neil Young, 'Here For You'.
48. "Our daughter is a princess in our world; she is our love, laughter, joy, and treasure."
- Debasish Mridha.
49. "Don’t ever settle for second best."
Famous Quotes For Daughters
Your girl will love these quotes from their mom and dad.
50. "I say 'I love you' to my daughters every day."
- Amy Chua.
51. "Mother and daughter are like spoons in a drawer."
- Maggie Stiefvater.
52. "You can't fool me, I saw you when you came out
You got your momma's taste but you got my mouth."
- Ben Folds, 'Graice'.
53. "Never grow a wishbone, daughter, where your backbone ought to be."
- Clementine Paddleford.
54. "When you're down and troubled
And you need some love and care
And nothing, nothing is going right
Close your eyes and think of me
And soon I will be there
To brighten up even your darkest night."
- Carole King, 'You've Got a Friend'.
55. "If you can give your child only one gift, let it be enthusiasm."
- Bruce Barton.
56. "It is so nice to come home and have solitude with me and my daughter."
- Mindy Kaling.
57. "Sent straight from heaven, came down, and I caught her
For now all I want is to dance with my daughter tonight."
- Jason Blaine, 'Dance With My Daughter'.
58. "I love turning my daughter on to old movies."
- Susie Bright.
59. "One of the greatest gifts I’ve ever gotten is my daughter."
- Ace Frehley.
60. "That's my daughter in the water
Everything she owns, I bought her."
- Loudon Wainwright III, 'Daughter'.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for National Daughter's Day quotes then why not take a look at granddaughter quotes, and goddaughter quotes.
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at [email protected]
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.