New friends are like presents; they slowly unfurl and bring out the best in you.
When you meet them, these new friends quotes are a set of quotes that can be used to dedicate to and thank a new friend for their endless support. Good friends quotes are the perfect words to share and inspire your friends for their profound friendship.
New friends are rare to find, and if you even have one person as such, then consider yourself lucky enough. Friends make a huge impact on our personality, mental health, and social lives as well, so finding the appropriate ones is really necessary. In life, finding new friends always depends on the free-will of a person. Although the search for new friends totally depends on your need, friendship or best friends often meet unexpectedly. Making new friends quotes are a way to acknowledge these new friends.
Quotes About New Friendships
New friends are often difficult to make, but life is all about meeting new friends and people. Here is a collection of quotes to stand a chance to return the love of these new friends.
1. "I love meeting new people; I think everyone has a story to tell. We should all listen sometimes."
- Kim Smith.
2. "Friends they cherish one another's hopes. They are kind to one another's dreams."
- Henry David Thoreau, 'A Week On The Concord And Merrimack Rivers'.
3. "We must reach out our hand in friendship and dignity both to those who would befriend us and those who would be our enemy."
– Arthur Ashe.
4. "We meet the people we're supposed to when the time is just right."
– Alyson Noel, 'Shadowland'.
5. "There's not a word yet for old friends who've just met."
- Jim Henson.
6. "I know that the arms of friendship are long enough to reach from the one end of the world to the other."
- Michel de Montaigne.
7. "We need old friends to help us grow old and new friends to help us stay young."
– Letty Cottin Pogrebin, 'Among Friends'.
8. "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
- Groucho Marx.
9. "A friend may be waiting behind a stranger's face."
- Maya Angelou, 'Letter To My Daughter'.
10. "I always like to know everything about my new friends, and nothing about my old ones."
- Oscar Wilde.
11. "I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson.
12. "Go out into the world today and love the people you meet. Let your presence light new light in the hearts of others."
– Mother Teresa.
13. "Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget."
- G. Randolf.
14. "Shyness makes strangers of people who could have been more than friends."
- Amit Kalantri, 'Wealth Of Words'.
15. "You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes."
- A. Milne, 'Winnie-The-Pooh'.
Best Friendship Quotes
True friendship or a best friend is often difficult to find, and so if you have that one person, then these quotes are perfect for letting them know about their importance.
16. "I cannot even imagine where I would be today were it not for that handful of friends who have given me a heart full of joy. Let's face it, friends make life a lot more fun."
- Charles R. Swindoll.
17. "Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
- Anais Nin, 'The Diary Of Anais Nin'.
18. "Since there is nothing so well worth having as friends, never lose a chance to make them."
- Francesco Guicciardini.
19. "There can be no friendship without confidence, and no confidence without integrity."
- Samuel Johnson.
20. "Because with true friends, no one is keeping score. But it still feels good to repay them – even in the tiniest increments."
- Emery Lord, 'The Start Of Me And You'.
21. "Friendship has always belonged to the core of my spiritual journey."
– Henri Nouwen.
22. "The essence of friendship is entireness, a total magnanimity and trust."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson.
23. "A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out."
- Walter Winchell.
24. "Knowing how to keep a friend is more important than gaining a new one."
- Baltasar Gracián, 'The Art Of Worldly Wisdom'.
25. "A true friend is someone who is there for you when he'd rather be anywhere else.
- Len Wein.
26. "That was what a best friend did: hold up a mirror and show you your heart."
- Kristin Hannah, 'Firefly Lane'.
27. "When the world is so complicated, the simple gift of friendship is within all of our hands."
- Maria Shriver.
28. "True friends are always together in spirit."
- L.M. Montgomery.
29. "It is the juvenile period of life when friendships are formed, and habits established, that will stick by one."
- George Washington.
30. "A friend is one of the nicest things you can have, and one of the best things you can be."
- Douglas Pagels.
New Best Friends Quotes
These new friendship quotes are the best to celebrate your new friends.
31. "Each new friendship can make you a new person, because it opens up new doors inside of you."
– Kate DiCamillo.
32. "Friends are born, not made."
- Henry Adams, 'The Education Of Henry Adams'.
33. "Wishing to be friends is quick work, but friendship is a slow ripening fruit."
34. "Real friendship, like real poetry, is extremely rare — and precious as a pearl."
- Tahar Ben Jelloun.
35. "Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose."
- Tennessee Williams.
36. "The greatest compliment that was ever paid me was when one asked me what I thought, and attended to my answer."
- Henry David Thoreau.
37. "Time doesn't take away from friendship, nor does separation."
- Tennessee Williams, 'Memoirs'.
38. "Strangers are just friends waiting to happen."
– Rod Mckuen.
39. "Blessed are they who have the gift of making friends, for it is one of God's best gifts. It involves many things, but above all, the power of going out of one's self, and appreciating whatever is noble and loving in another."
- Thomas Hughes.
40. "Value friendship for what there is in it, not for what can be gotten out of it."
- H. Clay Trumbull.
41. "It's not too late to develop new friendships or reconnect with people."
- Morrie Schwartz, 'Morrie In His Own Words'.
42. "True friendship comes when silence between two people is comfortable."
- Dave Tyson Gentry.
43. "A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints."
- Wilfred Peterson.
44. "The kindest way of helping yourself is to find a friend."
- Ann Kaiser Stearns.
45. "Listen, learn, and grow. Maybe after this, you will have a new friend."
- Xin-An Lu.
Making New Friends Quotes
These making friends quotes are really inspiring and meaningful.
46. "I love making new friends and I respect people for a lot of different reasons."
– Taylor Swift.
47. "Don’t be afraid of new beginnings. Don’t shy away from new people, new energy, new surroundings. Embrace new chances at happiness."
- Billy Chapata.
48. "Maybe friendship can't begin until someone chooses you. But that doesn't mean you don't get to make a choice too. You can't do that unless you know who they are. And they can't choose you until they know who you are."
- Miyoshi Tomori, 'A Devil and Her Love Song'.
49. "A friend is the hope of the heart."
– Ralph Waldo Emerson.
50. "Yeah, I love doing ensemble pieces. You get to meet so many new people and make new friends."
- Devon Sawa.
51. "New friends can often have a better time together than old friends."
- F. Scott Fitzgerald, 'Tender Is The Night'.
52. "When you choose your friends, don't be short-changed by choosing personality over character."
- W. Somerset Maugham.
53. "Trust is hard to come by. That's why my circle is small and tight. I'm kind of funny about making new friends."
54. "Make new friends, but keep the old; those are silver, these are gold."
- Joseph Parry.
55. "I've kept most of my friends for decades, and I continue to make new friends."
- John Grant.
56. "Be slow to fall into friendship; but when thou art in, continue firm and constant."
57. "Laugh, and the world longs to be your friend."
- Richelle E. Goodrich, 'Slaying Dragons'.
58. "New-made friendships, like new wine, age will mellow and refine."
- Joseph Parry.
59. "Don't make friends who are comfortable to be with. Make friends who will force you to lever yourself up."
- Thomas J. Watson.
60. "I've never been socially outgoing, but I suspect I've gotten more and more ambivalent about making new friends. I'm irritated by how-do-you-do chit-chat, but that's how new relationships usually begin."
- Ariel Gore.
Cute And Funny Friendship Quotes
Here are funny quotes on new friendships to share a laugh with your friends.
61. "That was our friendship: equal parts irritation and cooperation."
- Ransom Riggs, 'Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children'.
62. "True friends are never apart, maybe in distance but never in heart."
- Helen Keller.
63. "We are partners by fate. We become friends by choice."
– Jacquie McTaggart.
64. "Cherish your friends, stay true to your principles, live passionately and fully and well. Experience new things. Love and be loved, if you ever get the chance."
David Nicholls, 'One Day'.
65. "Friends are the family you choose."
- Jess C. Scott, 'The Other Side Of Life'.
66. "He alone has lost the art to live who cannot win new friends."
- Silas Weir Mitchell.
67. "Treat your friends as you do your pictures, and place them in their best light."
- Lady Randolph Churchill, 'Small Talk On Big Subjects'.
68. "Some souls just understand each other upon meeting."
- N.R. Hart, 'Poetry And Pearls'.
69. "Every new friend is a new adventure....the start of more memories."
- Patrick Lindsay, 'It's Never Too Late'.
70. "Many a time from a bad beginning great friendships have sprung up."
- Terence, 'Eunuchus'.
71. "Laughter is not at all a bad beginning for a friendship, and it is by far the best ending for one."
- Oscar Wilde, 'The Picture Of Dorian Gray'.
72. "It's the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter."
- Marlene Dietrich.
73. "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: What! You too I thought I was the only one."
- C.S. Lewis, 'The Four Loves'.
74. "There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate."
- Linda Grayson.
75. "The making of friends, who are real friends, is the best token we have of a man's success in life."
- Edward Everett Hale, 'The Native American'.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for new friends quotes, then why not take a look at [old friends quotes] or [brotherhood quotes]?
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.