A mother is someone who is responsible for bringing new humans to this planet.
She carries her baby for nine months inside her womb. After months, when a mother finally meets her baby, her happiness exceeds all limits.
The first thing that should be said to a new mom is 'congratulations'. She should take ultimate care of her baby and protect the baby from everything. At this point all she needs to hear are some words of encouragement from her close ones. Here are some first-time mom quotes and baby quotes and sayings that will provide her with all the encouragement she needs while going through motherhood.
New Mom Quotes And Sayings
Here's a list of wise sayings for moms of all kinds. Be it a single mother or a new mother who adopted her baby, everyone will relate to these new mom quotes.
1. “You will never understand life until it grows inside of you.”
- Sandra C. Kassis.
2. "As a mother, my job is to take care of the possible and trust God with the impossible.”
- Ruth Bell Graham.
3. “A baby is as pure as an angel and as fresh as a blooming flower.”
- Debasish Mridha.
4. "Giving birth and being born brings us into the essence of creation, where the human spirit is courageous and bold and the body, a miracle of wisdom."
- Harriette Hartigan.
5. “When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.”
– Sophia Laren.
6. “All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.”
– Abraham Lincoln
7. "A mother’s love endures through all.”
- Washington Irving.
8. “The fastest way to break the cycle of perfectionism and become a fearless mother is to give up the idea of doing it perfectly.”
– Arianna Huffington.
9. “Mother is a verb. It’s something you do. Not just who you are.”
- Dorothy Canfield Fisher.
10. “I believe the choice to become a mother is the choice to become one of the greatest spiritual teachers there is.”
– Oprah Winfrey.
11"Mother – that was the bank where we deposited all our hurts and worries. "
- T. DeWitt Talmage.
12. “A mother continues to labor long after the baby is born.”
– Lisa Jo Baker.
13. “We mothers are learning to mark our mothering success by our daughters’ lengthening flight.”
- Letty Cottin Pogrebin.
14. “A mother’s arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them.”
– Victor Hugo.
15. "Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother."
- Oprah Winfrey.
Encouraging Quotes For New Moms
Dealing with pregnancy can show you some real hard days. Going through these words of encouragement and quotes for a new mommy can keep a mom strong.
16. “To all mothers in every circumstance, including those who struggle, I say, be peaceful. Believe in God and yourself. You are doing better than you think you are.”
– Jeffery R. Holland.
17. "It’s not what you do for your children but what you have taught them to do for themselves that will make them successful human beings."
- Ann Landers.
18. “You’re always going to wonder if you’re doing things wrong, but that’s what it means to be a mom, to care so much about someone else that you just want to be perfect as possible.”
– Naya Rivera.
19. “While we try to teach our children all about life, they teach us what life is all about.”
- Angela Schwindt.
20. “There are two lasting bequests we can give our children. One is roots. The other is wings.”
- Hodding Carter Jr.
21. "No influence is so powerful as that of the mother."
- Sarah Josepha Hale.
22. “Courage, sacrifice, determination, commitment, toughness, heart, talent, guts. That’s what little girls are made of.”
– Bethany Hamilton.
23. “A mother is always the beginning. She is how things begin.”
– Amy Tan.
24. “We’re not spending a day apart until she’s 18. Now that I’m 36 and I look at my baby, I remember that, becoming a mom, was also one of my goals when I was little.”
– Serena Williams.
Funny New Mom Quotes
Below is a list of hilarious quotes for new mommies related to motherhood that can ease an expecting mom who is expecting her cute little humans.
25. “Having kids feels like that first seventh-grade crush that overwhelms every molecule in your body, but it’s permanent.”
- Kristen Bell.
26.“If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?”
- Milton Berle.
27. “It's not easy being a mom. If it were easy, fathers would do it."
- Betty White.
28. "Sleep at this point is just a concept, something I'm looking forward to investigating in the future."
- Amy Poehler.
29. “Why don't kids understand that their nap is not for them but for us?"
- Alyson Hannigan.
30. "I found out by far the hardest is figuring out a stroller."
- Serena Williams.
31. “Before I got married I had six theories about raising children. Now, I have six children and no theories.”
- John Wilmot.
32. "You could stand on the toilet and lock the door and their little fingers would still be peaking under the door as they ask, "Mom are you in there?"
- Jennifer Betts.
33. "Usually the triumph of my day is, you know, everybody making it to the potty."
- Julia Roberts.
34. "I want my children to have the things I couldn't afford then I want to move in with them."
- Phyllis Diller.
35. "No one told me I would be coming home in diapers, too."
- Chrissy Teigen.
36. "The majority of my diet is made up of foods that my kids didn't finish."
- Carrie Underwood.
37. "When your children are teenagers, it's important to have a dog so that someone in the house is happy to see you."
- Nora Ephron.
38. "I always say if you aren't yelling at your kids. you're not spending enough time with them."
- Resse Witherspoon.
39. "In parenthood, silence becomes suspicious real fast."
- Jennifer Betts.
New Parent Quotes About Babies
Below is a list of for the first time mom quotes, new baby quotes, and quotes that embrace the parenthood of a new mom and dad.
40. “A tiny daughter gives parents a life in a climate of perpetual wonder.”
- Pierre Doucet.
41. “What good mothers and fathers instinctively feel like doing for their babies is usually best after all.”
- Benjamin Spock.
42. “My highest hope for her is just that she has the fearlessness to always be her authentic self.”
– Channing Tatum.
43. “Having children just puts the whole world into perspective. Everything else just disappears.”
- Kate Winslet.
44. “Let her sleep, for when she wakes she will move mountains.”
45. "Parenting is the easiest thing in the world to have an opinion about, but the hardest thing in the world to do."
- Matt Walsh.
46. “A toddling little girl is a center of common feeling which makes the most dissimilar people understand each other.”
– George Eliot.
47. “Having a baby is like falling in love again, both with your husband and your child.”
- Tina Brown.
48. “The best place to cry is on a mother’s arms.”
– Jodi Picoult.
49. "Your most valuable parenting skill is learning to manage yourself first."
- Dr. Laura Markham.
50. “Birthing is the most profound initiation to spirituality a woman can have.”
– Robin Lim.
51. “A mother’s treasure is her daughter.”
– Catherine Pulsifer.
52. "Men are what their mothers made them."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson.
53. “A happy baby has shining eyes. It walks open-hearted into the world and spreads magic.”
– Sigrid Leo
54. “Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it.”
- Harold Hulbert.
55. “Though she be but little, she is fierce.”
“Birth is a mystery. Words are not enough.”
– Marie O’Connor
Inspirational Quotes About New Moms
Below is a list of quotes about being a new mom to celebrate their nine-month long pregnancy.
56. “I begin to love this little creature, and to anticipate his birth as a fresh twist to know which I do not wish to unite.”
57. “Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother.”
– Lin Yutang.
58. "There should be a song for women to sing at this moment, or a prayer to recite. But perhaps there is none because there are no words strong enough to name the moment.”
- Anita Diament.
59. "A child's first teacher is its mother.”
- Peng Liwyan.
60. "You never know how much your parents loved you until you have a child to love.”
- Jennifer Hudson.
61. “There are no words that can describe the euphoria you feel when your baby recognizes you for the first time and smiles.”
- Jared Padalecki.
62. "Making the decision to have a child—it is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."
- Elizabeth Stone.
63. "A baby is something you carry inside you for nine months, in your arms for three years and in your heart till the day you die."
- Mary Mason.
64. “The very fact that you worry about being a good mother means you already are one.”
- Jodi Picoult.
65. “There’s no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one.”
- Jill Churchill.
66. “Being a mom has made me so tired. And so happy.”
– Tina Fey.
First Time Mom Quotes And Sayings
Here are some first-time mom quotes related to the love between a new mom and her newborn.
67. “Personally, becoming a mother has been such a rewarding and wonderful experience. However, at times it has also been a huge challenge — even for me who has support at home that most mothers do not.”
– Kate Middleton.
68. "Everything grows rounder and wider and weirder, and I sit here in the middle of it all and wonder who in the world you will turn out to be.”
– Carrie Fisher.
69. “Before you were conceived, I wanted you. Before you were born, I loved you. Before you were here, I would die for you. This is the miracle of Mother’s love.”
– Maureen Hawkins.
70. “Having kids—the responsibility of rearing good, kind, ethical, responsible human beings—is the biggest job anyone can embark on.”
– Maria Shriver.
71. “A mother’s love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path.”
– Agatha Christie.
72. "My childhood may be over, but that doesn’t mean playtime is."
- Ron Olson.
73. "A mother’s arms are more comforting than anyone else’s."
- Princess Diana
74. "Birth is the epicenter of women’s power."
–Ani Di Franco.
75. "Just as there is no warning for childbirth, there is no preparation for the sight of a first child."
- Anita Diament.
76. "A mother is not a person to lean on but a person to make leaning unnecessary."
- Dorothy Canfield Fisher.
77. “You know what the great thing about babies is? They are like little bundles of hope. Like the future in a basket.”
- Lish McBride.
78. "There is no way to be a perfect mother, but a million ways to be a good one."
- Linda Wooten.
79. “Loving a baby is a circular business, a kind of feedback loop. The more you give the more you get and the more you get the more you feel like giving.”
- Penelope Leach.
80. "The moment you breathe in that new baby smell, you'll feel a love so fiercely, it's like nothing you've ever felt before.”
81. “Whether your pregnancy was meticulously planned, medically coaxed, or happened by surprise, one thing is certain—your life will never be the same.”
– Catherine Jones.
Heart Warming Motherhood Quotes
Here some of the best inspirational quotes and saying are shared that celebrate the motherhood between a mom and her child. Check these new mom quotes out.
82. “Motherhood is the biggest gamble in the world. It is the glorious life force. It’s huge and scary—it’s an act of infinite optimism.”
– Gilda Radner.
83. “The natural state of motherhood is unselfishness. When you become a mother, you are no longer the center of your own universe. You relinquish that position to your children.”
– Jessica Lange.
84. "Motherhood is the greatest thing and the hardest thing.”
– Ricki Lake.
85. “A miracle is the only way to describe motherhood and giving birth. It’s unbelievable how God has made us women and babies to endure and be able to do so much.”
– Jennie Finch.
86. “The biggest surprise, which is also the best, is that I didn’t know I would love motherhood as much as I do.”
– Deborah Norville.
87. "The days are long but the years are short."
- Gretchen Rubin.
88. “God planted within women something divine that expresses itself in quiet strength, in refinement, in peace, in goodness, in virtue, in truth, in love, and all of these remarkable qualities find their truest and most satisfying expression in motherhood.”
– Gordon B. Hinckley.
89. "Finding balance as a mother means accepting your imperfections."
- Mary Organizes.
90. “Being a mother is discovering strengths you didn’t know you had, and dealing with fears you never knew existed.”
– Sherene Simon.
91. “Youth fades, love droops, the leaves of friendship fall; A mother's secret hope outlives them all."
- Oliver Wendell Holmes.
92. "The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will find forgiveness."
- Honore de Balzac.
93. "There are hard days in motherhood, but looking at your baby sleeping reminds you why it's all worth it."
- Kara Ferwerda.
94. "No language can express the power and beauty and heroism of a mother’s love."
- Edwin Chapin.
95. “Motherhood: All love begins and ends there. ”
- Robert Browning.
96. "Whatever else is unsure in this stinking dunghill of a world, a mother’s love is not.”
– James Joyce.
97. "No woman can call herself free until she can choose consciously whether she will or will not be a mother."
- Margaret Sanger.
98. “There is such a special sweetness in being able to participate in creation.”
– Pamela S. Nadav.
99. “Being a mother is an attitude, not a biological relation.”
- Robert A. Heinlein.
100. "Motherhood is near to divinity. It is the highest, holiest service to be assumed by mankind.”
- Howard W. Hunter.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for new mom quotes then why not take a look at [funny family quotes], or thank you mom quotes.
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at [email protected]
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.