Openness is a philosophy that stresses transparency and communication.
Our human relationships are strengthened by our willingness to open up and share our fears and opinions with those who we trust. Trust is the foundation that helps people be open.
We must strive to build a world where everybody is free and capable of openly expressing their thoughts and feelings without fear. Children must be encouraged in classrooms to ask questions and express their thoughts on subjects to build their cognitive skills. Practicing honesty and open communications in relationships help people understand each other better and become better partners and friends. Open quotes are the quotes that talk about these concepts.
Find some of the best 'love wide open' quotes, 'wide-open spaces' quotes, and much more on this list! And for more related content take a look at [open-minded quotes] and funny travel quotes.
Quotes About Being Open
These quotes on opening yourself up to new ideas and possibilities are what you need to motivate yourself.
1. “Opening up a conversation can be opening up a world of new possibilities.”
― Michelle Lederman.
2. “Learn to look at every difficult situation as a present; the gift within is the possibilities it holds. To open the gift you must find the ‘possibility’.”
― Catherine Pulsifer.
3. “It is a narrow mind which cannot look at a subject from various points of view.”
― George Eliot.
4. “A nomad I will remain for life, in love with distant and uncharted places.”
― Isabelle Eberhardt.
5. “Renewal requires opening yourself up to new ways of thinking and feeling.”
― Deborah Day.
6. “Every day, over and over, I chose to see, to stay open, to remain open.”
― Summer Shultz, ‘Stuck Wide Open’.
7. “To learn new things one has to be open and vulnerable.”
― Jayesh Varma.
Open Mind Quotes
Here are some of the best 'keeping your options open' quotes and about keeping an open mind which will help you in deciding for yourself.
8. “Keep your heart and mind open to allow things to come in.”
― Debasish Mridha.
9. “A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.”
― Frank Zappa.
10. “By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.”
― Richard Dawkins.
11. “Always hear others out and remain open-minded; the day you think you know everything is the day you have the most yet to learn.”
― A.J. Darkholme, ‘Rise Of The Morningstar’.
12. “The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.”
― Terry Pratchett, ‘Diggers’.
13. “The world is full of people who have never, since childhood, met an open doorway with an open mind.”
― E.B. White.
14. “Always be open to inspiration. You never know where it may come from. Begin with an open mind, end with an inspired heart.”
― Sheri Fink.
15. “The problem with open-mindedness is that it can become empty-mindedness.”
― Christopher Hitchens.
16. “The art of healing comes from nature, not from the physician. Therefore the physician must start from nature, with an open mind.”
17. “There will always be a frontier where there is an open mind and a willing hand.”
― Charles Kettering.
18. “An open mind is a traveled mind.”
― Tawanna Browne Smith.
19. “Life can't give to you if your hands are closed. Open your mind, open your heart, and open your arms.”
― Louise Hay.
20. “The greatest potential we have for opening our hearts lies in the opening of our minds.”
― Vironika Tugaleva.
21. “Work hard. Laugh when you feel like crying. Keep an open mind, open eyes, and an open spirit.”
― Rachael Ray.
These great quotes serve as a reminder about having an open heart that is full of love and respect towards those who deserve it. Take in these quotes and be more open.
22. “Your every act can open hearts and minds.”
― David Deida.
23. “Have a heart that never hardens, a temper that never tires, and a touch that never hurts.”
― Charles Dickens.
24. “...open the access to your heart and write down what your voice is whispering...”
― John Geddes, ‘A Familiar Rain’.
25. “When pure sincerity forms within, it is outwardly realized in other people's hearts.”
― Lao Tzu.
26. “Deep listening is miraculous for both listener and speaker. When someone receives us with open-hearted, non-judging, intensely interested listening, our spirits expand.”
― Sue Thoele.
27. “A simple smile. That's the start of
opening your heart and being
compassionate to others.”
― The 14th Dalai Lama.
28. “I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision.”
― Maya Angelou.
29. “When you live with an open heart, unexpected, joyful things happen.”
― Oprah Winfrey.
30. “An open mind is a prerequisite to an open heart.”
― Robert M. Sapolsky.
31. “Status will get you nowhere. Only an open heart will allow you to float equally between everyone.”
― Mitch Albom, ‘Tuesdays With Morrie’.
32. “To allow someone to come into your heart-house, you have to open the door. Most doors open from the inside.”
― Annette Vaillancourt.
33. “Every time your heart is broken, a doorway cracks open to a world full of new beginnings, new opportunities.”
― Patti Roberts.
34. “An open heart is an open mind.”
― Dalai Lama.
Open Your Eyes Quotes
Opening your eyes to allow yourself to accept or consider something is an important part of life. These quotes will help you get a better understanding.
35. “When you refuse to open your eyes, what can you be shown?”
― Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj.
36. “Opening your eyes is all that is needing. The heart lies and the head plays tricks with us, but the eyes see true.”
― George R. R. Martin.
37. “You are more afraid of love than any person I've ever met. It's why you keep testing people pushing them away. Open your eyes.”
— Kristen Hannah.
38. “I would like to say to people, open your eyes and find beauty where you normally don't expect it.”
― Jean-Paul Gaultier.
39. “Whatever tomorrow brings I'll be there, with open arms and open eyes.”
— Brandon Charles Boyd, 'Drive'.
40. “Open your eyes to the beauty around you, open your mind to the wonders of life.”
― Maya Angelou.
41. “But open your arms, and close your eyes tight. Look with your heart and when it finds love, your heart will be right.”
— Andrew Lloyd Webber, 'Look With Your Heart'.
42. “O, Great Spirit, open my eyes, open heart's wings, open my ears to your voice in all things.”
43. “If your eyes weren't open, you wouldn't know the difference between dreaming and waking.”
― Richelle Mead.
44. “If your eyes are opened, you'll see the things worth seeing.”
Open Arms Quotes
Greet the best opportunities in life with some of the best quotes about open arms that are simply amazing. So keep reading.
45. “I choose to open my arms to all the good that life has in store for me.”
— Louise Hay.
46. “Open your arms to embrace what you see, and never lose sight of what you have.”
― Robert Funston.
47. “People seem to be receiving it with open arms and hearts, and are interested in the stories I want to share about my relationship with God and my faith.”
— Brian Littrell.
48. “Whenever we take a step towards Jesus, we come to realize that he is already there, waiting for us with open arms.”
― Pope Francis.
49. “The world is always ready to receive talent with open arms. Very often it does not know what to do with genius.”
― Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
50. “That which one fears, one typically won't embrace with open arms.”
― Michelle Rowen.
51. “You never know what's gonna happen if you don't just jump in with open arms.”
― Shannon Lynette.
52. “I rejoice in what I have and I know that fresh new experiences are always ahead. I greet the new with open arms. I trust life to be wonderful.”
― Louise Hay.
53. “Love is always open arms. If you close your arms about love you will find that you are left holding only yourself.”
― Leo Buscaglia.
Open Communication Quotes
Honest communication is one of the most important aspects of a relationship. Learn more with these great open-up quotes and open-to-love quotes.
54. “It’s important to make sure that we’re talking with each other in a way that heals, not in a way that wounds.”
― Barack Obama.
55. “Trust leads to approachability and open communications.”
― Scott Weiss.
56. “Only as we keep an open communication with our deep inner life will we have the wisdom to make effective choices.”
― Stephen Covey.
57. “Open communication is the lifeblood that keeps a marriage in the spring and summer seasons- times of optimism and enjoyment.”
― Gary Chapman.
58. “But good healthy communication is impossible without openness, honesty, and vulnerability.”
― Paul Kendall.
59. “Opening up a conversation can be opening up a world of new possibilities.”
― Michelle Lederman.
60. “To have good communications skills means you are able to make your point without a lot of fillers and stumbling.”
― Gregory Davidson.
61. “Honest, open communication is the only street that leads us into the real world... We then begin to grow as never before. And once we are on this road, happiness cannot be far away.”
― John Powell.
62. “We, as human beings, learn through sharing and communicating.”
― Hugo Reynolds.
Open Book Quotes
These quotes about being an open book will inspire you to risks and be transparent with people when you have nothing to hide.
63. “I've always been a straight shooter and an open book. It's how I've chosen to live my life.”
― Brandi Rhodes.
64. “I live my life like an open book, even though it's open on the wrong page.”
― Sebastian Horsley.
65. “I am an open book, and I'm fine being me: I'm not a perfect person.”
― Tove Lo.
66. “My life has been an open book, for better or for worse.”
― Blake Shelton.
67. “The starry vault of heaven is in truth the open book of cosmic projection.”
― Carl Jung.
68. “A breeze discovered my open book And began to flutter the leaves to look.”
― Robert Frost.
69. “People who have nothing to hide, hide nothing. You should be an open book, be transparent.”
― Phil McGraw.
70. “You don't have to gaze into a crystal ball when you can read an open book.”
— Aneurin Bevan.
71. “Because of what I do, it has to be an open book, but right now this is a book that is being written.”
― Kevin Hart.
Open Doors Quotes
Open the door to new beginnings and possibilities with these great quotes about open doors.
72. “If you feel you have to open a particular door, open it, otherwise all your life that door will haunt your mind!”
― Mehmet Murat ildan.
73. “The doors of heaven and hell are adjacent and identical.”
― Nikos Kazantzakis.
74. “Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors where there were only walls.”
― Joseph Campbell.
75. “We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”
― Walt Disney.
76. “That door had a lot to say, people entered and people left but never the same!”
― Jasleen Kaur Gumber.
77. “Weird doors open. People fall into things.”
― David Sedaris.
78. “Every door is another passage, another boundary we have to go beyond.”
79. “The doors will be opened to those who are bold enough to knock.”
― Tony Gaskins.
80. “The door of illumination is open to those for whom other doors are closed.”
― Idries Shah.
81. “Maybe your reason why all the doors are closed, so you can open one that leads you to the perfect road.”
― Katy Perry.
Open Window Quotes
Windows can be used as a figure of speech or to teach life lessons. Here are some of the best quotes about windows.
82. “Your desire to be near to the window is your desire to be close to life!”
― Mehmet Murat ildan.
83. “Staring at the blank page before you, Open up the dirty window, Let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find.”
― Natasha Bedingfield, 'Unwritten'.
84. “Freedom is the open window through which pours the sunlight of the human spirit and human dignity.”
― Herbert Hoover.
85. “May I kiss you then? On this miserable paper? I might as well open the window and kiss the night air.”
― Franz Kafka.
86. “There's a world out there. Open a window, and it's there.”
― Robin Williams.
87. “When life closes a door, God opens a window.”
― Paul Smith.
88. “Open the window of your heart and let the spirit speak.”
89. “When one door closes, another window opens.”
― Julie Andrews.
Open Road Quotes
Take to the open roads with these amazing quotes about traveling the open roads and broadening your horizons.
90. “If you don’t know where you are going, any road will get you there.”
― Lewis Carroll.
91. “I just go with the flow, I follow the yellow brick road. I don’t know where it’s going to lead me, but I follow it.”
― Grace Jones.
92. “Look for chances to take the less-traveled roads. There are no wrong turns.”
— Susan Magsamen.
93. “All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road.”
― Jack Kerouac.
94. “The open road is a beckoning, a strangeness, a place where a man can lose himself.”
― William Least Heat-Moon.
95. “Just grab a friend and take a ride, Together upon the open road.”
― ‘A Goofy Movie’.
96. “The open road still softly calls, like a nearly forgotten song of childhood.”
― Carl Sagan.
97. “Where is there a boy to whom the call of the wild and the open road does not appeal?”
― Baden Powell de Aquino.
98. “She was relentless like that, the woman didn't need nobody but an open road, a pen, and a couple of sunsets.”
― Nikki Rowe.
99. “They say the open road helps you think. About where you've been and where you're going.”
― Vin Diesel.
100. “I take to the open road, healthy, free, the world before me.”
― Walt Whitman.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for open quotes then why not take a look at heart quotes, or quotes on compassion.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.