Owls seem to have always been a bird that sparks the creative imagination.
An owl is often used for symbolizing different emotions, such as victory, wisdom or solitude. They have also been associated with Halloween and the fantasy world.
Owls are known to attack people only in defense, and it is not fatal. One can say owls are not dangerous. Owl sayings can motivate people. Owl quotes never go out of trend in life. These are some old owl quotes, along with some amazing owl sayings, and owl proverbs by some of the famous authors and personalities such as Victor Hugo, David Mallet, Munia Khan, Jonathan Swift, and many more.
If you love what you read, do check out [bird quotes] and [flying quotes]
Beautiful Owl Quotes
The list of owl quotes will help you get motivated and understand the importance of wisdom. These are some famous sayings about owls.
1. "There's always a hidden owl in 'knowledge'."
2. "Owl is the grand and rather clever old man of the forest. He can also spell Tuesday."
-A. A. Milne.
3. "Do not trap yourself into an owl's hooting sound where sad nights linger through the blackness of a hound."
- Munia Khan.
4. "The inauspiciousness of the owl is nothing but the inauspiciousness of the man who thinks that owl is inauspicious!"
-Mehmet Murat Ildan.
5. "A wise old owl sat in an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke. The less he spoke, the more he heard. Why can't we be like that wise old bird?"
-Edward Hersey Richards.
6. "Those who drink whiskey with the owls at night, cannot soar with the eagles the next day."
-Brian D. Ratty.
7. "People say the darkness is where secrets are best hidden. Night time brings clarity and focus to owls, even if the aperture of this vision comes with a stigma."
8. "Alone and warming his five wits, the white owl in the belfry sits."
- Alfred Lord Tennyson.
9. "Perhaps he does not want to be friends with you until he knows what you are like. With owls, it is never easy-come-easy-go."
- T.H. White.
10. "An owl is the wisest of all birds because the more it sees the the less it talks."
- Christie Watson.
Famous Owl Quotes
You might have often heard people talking about owl and relating it to different purposes. We have curated such owl phrases below.
11. "Lamentation is the only musician that always, like a screech-owl, alights and sits on the roof of any angry man."
12. "The clamorous owl that nightly hoots and wonders at our quaint spirits."
- William Shakespeare.
13. "Owls are known as lonely birds; but it is not known that they have the forest as their best friend!"
- Mehmet Murat Ildan.
14. "The little owls call to each other with tremulous, quavering voices throughout the livelong night, as they sit in the creaking trees."
- Theodore Roosevelt.
15. "Don't count your owls before they are delivered."
– J. K. Rowling.
16. "Owl hasn't exactly got Brain, but he knows things."
- A. A. Milne.
17. "She wants to be flowers, but you make her owls. You must not complain, then, if she goes hunting."
- Alan Garner.
18. "Other sound than the owl's voice there was none, save the falling of a fountain into its stone basin; for, it was one of those dark nights that hold their breath by the hour together."
- Charles Dickens.
19. "Of all the horrid, hideous notes of woe, sadder than owl-songs or the midnight blast, is that portentous phrase, 'I told you so."
– Lord Byron.
20. "Then lady Cynthia goes, with the fashionable owls, to bed."
– Edward Young.
Inspirational Owl Quotes
Get inspired and add some quotes to your life with the help of these quotes below.
21. "The large white owl that with eye is blind, that hath sate for years in the old tree hollow, is carried away in a gust of wind."
-Elizabeth Barrett Browning.
22. "Owls are wise. They are careful and patient. Wisdom precludes boldness. That is why owls make poor heroes."
- Patrick Rothfuss.
23. "A wise old owl once lived in a wood, the more he heard the less he said, the less he said the more he heard, let's emulate that wise old bird."
-Flann O'Brien, 'At Swim-Two-Birds'.
24. "A serious writer is not to be confounded with a solemn writer. A serious writer may be a hawk or a buzzard or even a popinjay, but a solemn writer is always a bloomin' owl."
- Ernest Hemingway.
25. "If you are unwilling to defend your right to your own lives, then you are merely like mice trying to argue with owls. You think their ways are wrong. They think you are dinner."
- Terry Goodkind.
26. "I'm a night owl, and luckily my profession supports that. The best ideas come to me in the dead of night."
- Josh Fox.
27. "If there were werewolves around, I'd be likely to run into them, being the night owl that I am."
- Dean Ambrose.
28. "When the silent flamingo dances pink with desire, I'll be there, sipping on owl stares and kitten curls."
– Jarod Kintz.
29. "The owl, that bird of onomatopoetic name, is a repetitious question wrapped in feathery insulation especially for winter delivery."
- Hal Borland.
30. "The owl goes not into the nest of the lark."
Quotes About Owls
An owl is the wisest bird among all the birds out there. The funny owl quotes created below speak about the value it holds within itself.
31. "The wailing owl screams solitary to the mournful moon."
– David Mallet.
32. "Do you think I was born in a wood to be afraid of an owl."
– Jonathan Swift.
33. "The crow wished everything was black, the owl, that everything was white."
– William Blake.
34. "Some men pray only when the world is dark, as owls hoot at night."
- Austin O'Malley.
35. "That little owl with a call as steady as my heartbeat was telling anyone who would listen, 'I am here.'"
- Heather Durham.
36. "Then at night the general stillness is more impressive than any sound, but occasionally you hear the note of an owl farther or nearer in the woods."
- Henry David Thoreau.
37. "It was the owl that shrieked, the fatal bellman, which gives the stern'st good-night."
38. "Owl was telling Kanga an interesting anecdote full of long words like Encyclopedia and Rhododendron to which Kanga wasn't listening."
- A.A Milne.
39. "There was a wise old owl who sat in a tree, the less he spoke the more he heard, the more he heard the less he spoke. Why can't we be like that wise old owl in the tree?"
- Paul Ricoeur, 'A Wise Old Owl'.
40. "The owls are gathering; find out why soon."
- J. K. Rowling.
Wise Owl Quotes And Sayings
There are different obstacles in everyone's life. These owl quote will help you sort out things better.
41. "The Owl that calls upon the Night
Speaks the Unbeliever's fright."
– William Blake.
42. "Owl, you and I have brains. The others have fluff."
– A.A. Milne.
43. "We learned to be patient observers like the owl."
– Tom Brown, Jr.
44. "You can't hoot with the owls and then soar with the eagles."
- Hubert H. Humphrey.
45. "The owl and the pussy cat went to sea, in a beautiful pea green boat. They took some honey, and plenty of money, wrapped up in a five pound note."
- Edward Lear.
46. "As Hegel put it, only when it is dark does the owl of Minerva begin its flight. Only in extinction is the collector comprehend."
- Walter Benjamin.
47. "A legend, Kludd, is a story that you begin to feel. And perhaps makes you become a better owl."
48. "I am both a night owl and an early bird. So I am wise and I have worms."
- Steve Carell.
49. "The ignorant hath an Eagles wings, and an Owles eyes."
- George Herbert.
50. "At home, I love reaching out into that absolute silence, when you can hear the owl or the wind."
- Amanda Harlech.
Owl Love Quotes
These owl quotes given below will act as a medium to realize how important it is to awaken the wisdom inside you.
51. "An owl sound wandered along the road with me. I didn't hear it--I breathed it into my ears."
52. "I'm the worst night owl, because I'm a self-loathing night owl who thinks, 'No, I should be getting up early'."
- Ronny Chieng.
53. "Thou ominous and fearful owl of death."
- William Shakespeare.
54. "Why should I copy this owl, I might just as well try to trace a perfect circle."
55. "My friends call me an owl. Apparently, it's a combination of being wise and having big eyes."
- Romy Madley Croft.
56. "Well, what do you want? The howling owl?"
- Mike Patton.
57. "An owl is traditionally a symbol of wisdom, and we are vigilant when others are resting."
- Urjit Patel.
58. "An owl’s cry, a most melancholy cry."
- Edward Thomas, 'The Owl'.
59. "The owl of Minerva spreads its wings only with the falling of the dusk."
- Hegel Plato.
60. "No owl is afraid of the night, no snake of the swamp and no traitor of the treason!"
- Mehmet Murat Ildan.
61. "Have you ever stared into the owl's eyes?"
- Robert Penn Warren.
62. "The owl flies, in the moonlight, over a field where the wounded cry out. Like the owl, I fly in the night over my own misfortune."
- Georges Bataille.
63. "Words should wander and meander. They should fly like owls, should murmur and scream and dance and sing."
- David Almond.
64. "I don't really start writing until later in the night. I'm a night owl."
- Ester Dean.
65. "An owl is mostly air."
- Ursula K. Le Guin, 'Out Here'.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for owl quotes, then why not take a look at [eagle quotes] or [nature quotes].
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.