Individuals call Paris the 'City of Love' as it oozes romance.
Indeed, the City of Love isn't just a random name attributed to Paris. Paris is the city capital of France, the place of culture, philosophy, literature, revolutions, and of course, love.
For quite a long time Paris has been one of the world's generally significant and alluring urban communities. It is valued for the chances it offers for business and trade, for study, for culture, and for amusement; its gastronomy, high fashion, painting, writing, and scholarly local area particularly appreciated. It is an amazing tourist spot, much to the anger of the locals. Paris eventually became a romantic spot after people started making romantic trips to Paris.
If you like Paris quotes, you can also visit New York quotes and city quotes.
Paris Love Quotes
Here are some love quotes about Paris.
1. “Paris is the most beautiful city in the world. It brings tears to your eyes.”
- Lee Radziwill.
2. “If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris as a young man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life it stays with you, for Paris is a moveable feast.”
- Ernest Hemingway.
3. “Paris was a universe whole and entire unto herself, hollowed and fashioned by history; so she seemed in this age of Napoleon III with her towering buildings, her massive cathedrals, her grand boulevards and ancient winding medieval streets--as vast and indestructible as nature itself. All was embraced by her, by her volatile and enchanted populace thronging the galleries, the theaters, the cafes, giving birth over and over to genius and sanctity, philosophy and war, frivolity and the finest art; so it seemed that if all the world outside her were to sink into darkness, what was fine, what was beautiful, what was essential might there still come to its finest flower. Even the majestic trees that graced and sheltered her streets were attuned to her.”
- Anne Rice.
4."'They say that when good Americans die they go to Paris,' chuckled Sir Thomas..."
- Oscar Wilde.
5. “A walk about Paris will provide lessons in history, beauty, and in the point of Life.”
- Thomas Jefferson.
6. “An artist has no home in Europe except in Paris.”
- Friedrich Nietzsche.
7. “And God knows, when spring comes to Paris the humblest mortal alive must feel that he dwells in paradise.”
- Henry Miller.
8. “You don’t go to Notre Dame to learn something; you go to Notre Dame to be somebody.”
- Lou Holtz.
9. “Whoever does not visit Paris regularly will never really be elegant.”
- Honoré de Balzac.
10. “It's true, you never forget your first love, and, for me, that will always be Paris.”
- Caitriona Balfe.
11. “Even the pigeons are dancing, kissing, going in circles, mounting each other. Paris is the city of love, even for the birds.”
- Samantha Schutz.
12. “The chief danger about Paris is that it is such a strong stimulant.”
- T. S. Eliot.
13. “The last time I saw Paris,
Her heart was warm and gay,
I heard the laughter of her heart
In every street café.”
- Noël Coward, 'The Last Time I Saw Paris'.
14. “Paris is a place in which we can forget ourselves, reinvent, expunge the dead weight of our past.”
- Michael Simkins.
15. “I love Paris for the million reasons that everybody loves the city. It’s an incredibly romantic and beautiful place.”
- Alan Furst.
The City Of Love Quotes
Here are some quotes on the City of Love.
16. “Paris is a place where, for me, just walking down a street that I’ve never been down before is like going to a movie or something. Just wandering the city is entertainment.”
- Wes Anderson.
17. “Whether you like it or not, Paris is the beating heart of Western civilisation. It’s where it all began and ended.”
- Alan Furst.
18. “Paris is not a city; it’s a world.”
- King Francis I.
19. “The whole of Paris is a vast university of Art, Literature, and Music… it is worth anyone’s while to dally here for years. Paris is a seminar, a post-graduate course in everything.”
- James Thurber.
20.“There are only two places in the world where we can live happy: at home and in Paris.”
- Ernest Hemingway.
21. “Paris outragée, Paris libérée, Paris martyrisés, mais Paris libérée."
(Paris outraged, Paris liberated, Paris martyred, but Paris liberated.)
- Charles de Gaulle.
22. “Paris. … There you can be whatever you want to be. Totally yourself.”
- Langston Hughes.
23. “Sometimes I think this is because it is the only city in the world where you can step out of a railway station—the Gare D'Orsay—and see, simultaneously, the chief enchantments: the Seine with its bridges and bookstalls, the Louvre, Notre Dame, the Tuileries Gardens, the Place de la Concorde, the beginning of the Champs Elysees—nearly everything except the Luxembourg Gardens and the Palais Royal.”
- Margaret Anderson.
24. “London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation.”
- G. K. Chesterson.
25. “Paris is a city where even the most outrageous story... is greeted with a verbal shrug: ‘Mais c’est normal!’”
- Edmund White.
Paris Is Love Quotes
Here are quotes on how lovable Paris is.
26. “I have the feeling that I was born in Vienna in order to live in Paris.”
- Romy Schneider.
27. “...and the waters of the Seine, contained and beautiful as they wound through her heart; so that the earth on that spot, so shaped by blood and consciousness, had ceased to be the earth and had become Paris.”
- Anne Rice.
28. “What an immense impression Paris made upon me. It is the most extraordinary place in the world!”
- Charles Dickens.
29. “It’s Paris. You don’t come here for the weather.”
- Adrian Leeds.
30. “How sweet it is to see, across the misty gloom,
A star born in the blue, a lamp lit in a room,
Rivers of chimney smoke, rising in purplish streams,
The pale of glow of the moon, transfiguring the scene.”
- Charles Baudelaire, 'Landscape', Part: 'Parisian Scenes', 'The Flowers Of Evil'.
31. “It feels like Paris is full of so many adventures just waiting to be had.”
- Rachel Kapelke-Dale.
32. “Paris is unquestionably a city for lovers, and it has been a privilege and a delight to discover so many of its wonders by his side.”
- Mary Mcauliffe.
33. “Though you may leave Paris, Paris never really leaves you.”
- Janice Macleod.
34. “Paris may change, but in my melancholy mood
Nothing has budged! New palaces, blocks, scaffoldings,
Old neighbourhoods, are allegorical for me,
And my dear memories are heavier than stone.”
- Charles Baudelaire, 'The Swan', Part: 'Parisian Scenes', 'The Flowers Of Evil'.
35. “Lunch kills half of Paris, supper the other half.”
- Baron de Montesquieu.
Paris Quotes That You Would Like
Here are some quotes that you would be interested in.
36. “Paris is a mighty schoolmaster, a grand enlightener of the provincial intellect.”
- Mary Elizabeth Braddon.
37. “I don't want to be known as the granddaughter of the Hiltons. I want to be known as Paris.”
- Paris Hilton.
38. “I am going to enjoy life in Paris I know. It is so human and there is something noble in the city... It is a real city, old and fine and life plays in it for everybody to see.”
- Katherine Mansfield.
39. “Extralucide, la lune est sur
La Seine, la Seine, la Seine
Tu n'es pas saoul
Paris est sous
La Seine, la Seine, la Seine”
(Extralucid, the moon is on
The Seine, the Seine, the Seine
You are not drunk
Paris is under
The Seine, the Seine, the Seine)
- Vanessa Paradis et -M-dans, 'La Seine'.
40. “I was a free man in Paris
I felt unfettered and alive
There was nobody calling me up for favors
And no one's future to decide”
- Joni Mitchell, 'Free Man In Paris'.
41. “Paris, true to its promise, had been a place of civilized indecencies, or uncivil decencies.”
- Ana Castillo.
42. “I never knew the charm of spring
I never met it face to face
I never knew my heart could sing
I never missed a warm embrace
Till April in Paris, chestnuts in blossom
Holiday tables under the trees
April in Paris, this is a feeling
That no one can ever reprise”
- Count Basie, 'April In Paris'.
43. “City of swarming, city full of dreams
Where ghosts in daylight tug the stroller's sleeve!”
- Charles Baudelaire, 'The Seven Old Men', Part: 'Parisian Scenes', 'The Flowers Of Evil'.
44. “Paris is not a city, it is the image, the symbol of France, it's today and yesterday, the reflection of its history, its geography and its hidden essence.”
- Nina Berberova.
45. "Paris is always a good idea."
- Audrey Hepburn.
Henry Miller And Victor Hugo Quotes About Paris
We’ve got some Henry Miller and Victor Hugo and book quotes on the beautiful city of Paris.
46. "To err is human. To loaf is Parisian."
- Victor Hugo.
47. “He who contemplates the depths of Paris is seized with vertigo. Nothing is more fantastic. Nothing is more tragic. Nothing is more sublime.”
- Victor Hugo.
48.“To know Paris is to know a great deal.”
- Henry Miller.
49.“Breathe Paris in. It nourishes the soul.”
- Victor Hugo.
50. “One's destination is never a place but rather a new way of looking at things.”
- Henry Miller.
51. “To study in Paris is to be born in Paris!”
- Victor Hugo.
Eiffel Tower Quotes
Here are some amazing Eiffel Tower inspired quotes.
52. “I like The Eiffel Tower because it looks like steel and lace.”
- Natalie Lloyd.
53. “I ought to be jealous of the tower. She is more famous than I am.”
- Gustave Eiffel.
54. “Every time I look at the Eiffel Tower, it completely blows my mind.”
- Brian Fallon.
55. “The Arc de Triomphe, the Eiffel Tower. They're monumental. They're straight out of Page 52 in your school history book.”
- Billy Crystal.
56. “We took the elevator back down from the first observation level of the Eiffel Tower and started walking in the direction of the Taj Mahal.”
- D. J. MacHale.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for quotes about Paris then why not take a look at young love quotes, or study abroad quotes.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.