'Parks And Recreation' is an American sitcom that first aired in 2009.
The show went on for seven seasons. It was mainly a satirical, mockumentary show.
With a cast like Amy Poehler as the protagonist, Leslie Knope, Aubrey Plaza, Chris Pratt, Rob Lowe, Paul Schneider and Rashida Jones, it became a hit. The show revolves around the life of Leslie and some neighbors when she goes to convert a disused site into a park for the community. Read up on these 'Parks And Rec' quotes to get a flavor of the show.
Best Quotes From 'Parks And Rec'
The show has had some gems of episodes and here we list some of the best quotes from these best episodes, like 'Parks And Rec' quotes from Ron Swanson, Leslie, and from April.
1. "Ann Perkins: No offense, but maybe that's a little bit of an excuse for not acting on your feelings!
Leslie Knope: No offense, but I don't remember you having a nursing degree in feelings!"
- Season Three, Episode 13.
2. "I totally hear you, but, erm, I also don't like what you're saying. So if you say no, I will start a fire in the bathroom."
- Mona Lisa, Season Five, Episode 16.
3. "Leslie and Dr. Clipperton… Wow, man! I… I'm so glad you guys are meeting. It's like worlds collide and then I love it. I want candy."
- Ben Wyatt, Season Five, Episode 17.
4. "Leslie Knope: You're from Chicago, so you like it.
Michelle Obama: That's right and we need passionate people like you from our national parks … Are you nodding because you agree with me?
Leslie Knope: I agree with you on all things. Throughout history until the end of time forever."
- Season Six, Episode 21.
5. "So, you know how you love me because you haven't had a single meeting with anyone since I became your assistant? That's because every time someone calls and requests a meeting with you, I always schedule it for March 31st … Because I didn't think March 31st existed."
- April Ludgate, Season Two, Episode 21.
6. "It’s like I always say. When life gives you lemons, you sell some of your grandma’s jewelry, and go clubbing."
- Jean Ralphio, Season Six, Episode One.
7. "Oh, so just because I can't go out with him, someone else can?"
- Leslie Knope, Season Four, Episode Six.
8. "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. I read that one on a can of lemonade. I like to think it applies to life."
- Andy Dwyer, Season Three, Episode 15.
9. "I’m fine. It’s just that life is pointless and nothing matters and I’m always tired."
- Andy Dwyer, Season Five, Episode 15.
10. "We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles and work. Or waffles, friends, work. But work has to come third."
- Leslie Knope, Season Three, Episode 13.
11. "Treat yo self."
- Tom Haverford, Season Four, Episode Four.
12. "Do I look like I drink water?"
- Donna Meagle, Season Four, Episode 17.
13. "Leslie Knope: I have to get ready for the Chamber of Secrets…
Ben Wyatt: Commerce."
- Season Three, Episode Two.
14. "Boss man, I wanna go home early. Ooh, hold on actually, hang on. Yeah, no, I wanna quit and never come here again."
- Mona Lisa, Season Six, Episode One.
15. "To be perfectly honest, Mouserat's music is not my thing. I really only listen to like German death reggae, Halloween sound effects records from the 1950s, and Bette Midler. Obviously."
- April Ludgate, Season Five, Episode 21.
16. "Slowing down is not really my jam."
- Leslie Knope, Season Six, Episode 20.
17. "Sometimes you gotta work a little, so you can ball a lot."
- Tom Haverford, Season Five, Episode Six.
18. "If I keep my body moving, and my mind occupied at all times, I will avoid falling into a bottomless pit of despair."
- Chris Traeger, Season Four, Episode 21.
19. "Winning is every girl's dream. But it's my destiny."
- Leslie Knope, Season Two, Episode 17.
20. "Just remember every time you look up at the moon, I too will be looking at a moon. Not the same moon, obviously, that’s impossible."
- Andy Dwyer, Season Six, Episode Six.
21. "I'm not interested in caring about people. I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name. Best friend I ever had. We still never talk sometimes."
- Ron Swanson, Season Three, Episode Two.
Hilariously Funny 'Parks And Recreation' Quotes
Below are the funniest quotes from all the characters of the show.
22. "I'm an official member of a task force dedicated to slashing the city budget."
- Ron Swanson, Season Two, Episode 23.
23. "There's an old saying in show business: The show must go wrong. Everything always goes wrong, and you just have to deal with it."
- Andy Dwyer, Season Two, Episode 23.
24. "Yes, we are a team, but I am the team leader. So I made a bold decision: we're playing it safe."
- Leslie Knope, Season Two, Episode Nine.
25. "Ron Swanson: We will get along just fine, though hopefully not too fine, because I am not looking for any new friends. End speech.
Leslie Knope: Well said."
- Season Seven, Episode 12.
26. "Ron Swanson: I like your hairdo, Leslie.
Leslie Knope: Thank you, Ron.
Ron Swanson: It's just like my brother's. He's an officer in the Air Force."
- Season One, Episode Five.
27. "Andy, if you have a secret, you have to tell me. That’s the whole point of marriage! You get twice the secrets!"
- April Ludgate, Season Six, Episode 20.
28. "Tanya: I've never seen you buy a salad at Sue's Salads.
Leslie Knope: That's because I don't hate myself Tanya."
- Season Four, Episode Five.
29. "Can you Photoshop your life with better decisions, Jerry?"
- April Ludgate, Season Two, Episode 20.
30. "This morning I saw a YouTube video with a puppy riding a motorcycle. So my bar for stunning is pretty high."
- Tom Haverford, Season Six, Episode Eight.
31. "Andy Dwyer: You're like an angel with no wings.
April Ludgate: So like a person."
- Season Two, Episode 17.
32. "I have the most valuable currency in America: a blind, stubborn belief that I'm 100% right."
- Leslie Knope, Season Seven, Episode One.
33. "Jean Ralphio: Let's get out of here.
April Ludgate: It's my birthday party.
Jean Ralphio: It is?
April Ludgate: Yes.
Jean Ralphio: Sorry, boo."
- Season Two, Episode 22.
34. "Ann Perkins: This guy went to Harvard.
Leslie Knope: So did the Unabomber!"
- Season Five, Episode 12.
35. "My idea of a perfect government is one guy who sits in a small room at a desk, and the only thing he's allowed to decide is who to nuke."
- Ron Swanson, Season One, Episode Four.
36. "Ann Perkins: Hobbies?
Leslie Knope: Organizing my agenda. Wait, that doesn't sound fun...jammin' on my planner!"
- Season Three, Episode 10.
Most Famous 'Parks And Recreation' Quotes
Enjoy these few quotes that are the most famous from the show.
37. "Ron Swanson: Why do people eat anything besides breakfast food?
Leslie Knope: Because people are idiots Ron."
- Season Seven, Episode Four.
38. "I don't know what happened! I took it out to play hide and seek, I couldn't find it, and - oh wait I know what happened."
- Andy Dwyer, Season Seven, Episode 10.
39. "Jessica Wicks! Hey, boo. Are you aging in reverse? 'Cause you look barely legal."
- Tom Haverford, Season Two, Episode 20.
40. "I have a resting heart rate of 23 beats per minute. The scientists who study me say my heart can pump jet fuel up into an airplane."
- Chris Traeger, Season Two, Episode 23.
41. "If I seem too passionate, it's because I care. And if I come on strong, it's because I feel strongly. If I push too hard, it's because things aren't happening fast enough."
- Leslie Knope, Season Four, Episode 20.
42. "Michelle we were best friends since high school, except when you stop talking to me because you thought your boyfriend was into me. He was."
- Donna Meagle, Season Seven, Episode Seven.
43. "Jean Ralphio, although I truly hope that I never see you again, I do wish you a long and happy life."
- Leslie Knope, Season Seven, Episode 12.
44. "Normally, people tell you to talk about your problems. I'm gonna recommend you bottle that noise up."
- Donna Meagle, Season Three, Episode Seven.
45. "Tom Haverford: Is that bacon on your turkey leg?
Ron Swanson: They call it a Swanson."
- Season Two, Episode 23.
46. "Every memory deserves to be chronicled! Even the saggy ones."
- Leslie Knope, Season Five, Episode 20.
47. "I love how independent my wife is, and for that reason, I will not let her speak! That came out wrong."
- Ben Wyatt, Season Seven, Episode Nine.
48. "I came on today because I have some very important information to share. I finally saw Avatar and I thought it lived up to the hype."
- Carl Lorthner, Season Two, Episode 19.
49. "Scientists believe that the first human being to live 150 years has already been born. I believe I am that human being."
- Chris Traeger, Season Two, Episode 22.
50. "Ugh. I hate talking to people about things."
- April Ludgate, Season 3, Episode 13.
51. "Boring is my middle name."
- Leslie Knope, Season Five, Episode 18.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for 'Parks And Rec' quotes then why not take a look at April Ludgate quotes, or Chris Traeger quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.