Perfection is the quality of being without any flaws be it in talent, lifestyle, looks, manners, and the like.
However, it is only theoretically possible to attain perfection because it is an illusion that may be detrimental in day-to-day life. To find perfection in realistic imperfection is the way to lead the "perfect" life that you have envisioned for yourself.
Here is a list of some of the best inspirational quotes on perfection for perfectionists as well as people with unrealistic dreams of achieving perfection.
Inspirational Perfection And Excellence Quotes
Here are some of the best quotes including chasing perfection quotes, progress not perfection quotes, pursuit of perfection quotes, art of perfection, quotes on perfectionism and practice makes perfection quotes to help you attain excellence in your career and life.
1. "Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
2. "Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty, and persistence."
- Colin Powell.
3. "Quality of work can be expected only through personal satisfaction, dedication and enjoyment. In our profession, precision and perfection are not a dispensible luxury, but a simple necessity."
- Niklaus Wirth.
4. "A person had to work hard for it, but a minute of perfection was worth the effort."
- Chuck Palahniuk, 'Fight Club'.
5. "The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself."
- Anna Quindlen.
6. "Two beautiful wings is perfection. There is a generation of people who idealize perfection as the existence of only one of these wings every time. But I see that a bird with one wing is imperfect. An angel with one wing is imperfect. A butterfly with one wing is dead. So this generation of people strive to always cut off the other wing in the hopes of embodying their ideal of perfection, and in doing so, have created a crippled race."
- C. JoyBell C.
7. "True love does not come by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly."
- Jason Jordan.
8. "I don’t believe in perfection. I don’t think there is such a thing. But the energy of wanting things to be great is a perfectionist energy."
- Reese Witherspoon.
9. "The essence of being human is that one does not seek perfection, that one is sometimes willing to commit sins for the sake of loyalty..."
- George Orwell.
10. "I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence I can reach for; perfection is God's business."
- Michael J. Fox.
11. "Fix your eyes on perfection and you make almost everything speed towards it."
- William Ellery Channing.
12. "Perfection irritates as well as it attracts, in fiction as in life."
- Louis Auchincloss.
13. "Perfection bores me, in art, in music; most of all, in people. Luckily, perfection is rare."
- Vivki Baum.
14. "When you stop expecting people to be perfect, you can like them for who they are."
- Donald Miller.
15. "When a man says that he is perfect already, there is only one of two places for him, and that is heaven or the lunatic asylum."
- Henry Ward Beecher.
16. "Perfection is an undiscovered jewel."
- Edward Counsel.
17. "To live is to change, and to be perfect is to have changed often."
- John Henry Newman.
18. "Possessing the ideal makes a person nervous: you sense the inevitable decline just ahead."
- Garrison Keillor.
19. "Perfection is the measure of heaven, and the wish to be perfect the measure of man."
- John Wolfgang Goethe.
20. "From the moment perfection is attained, 'tis gone."
- Ivan Panin.
Perfection Is Impossible Quotes
Nothing is perfect except the word "perfect". Here is a list of perfection is overrated quotes to say that perfectionism is not an attainable feat and you should stop looking for perfection. Check out these perfection quotes.
21. "Perfection doesn't exist in anyone. Striving for perfection in any part of our lives is a recipe for failure, since it can never be attained."
- Dr. John Grohol.
22. "Only gods can safely risk perfection ... it's a dangerous thing for a man."
- Frank Herbert.
23. "It is reasonable to have perfection in our eye that we may always advance toward it, though we know it can never be reached."
- Samuel Johnson.
24. "How many things by season seasoned are, To their right praise and true perfection!"
- William Shakespeare.
25. "Nobody's perfect. We're all just one step up from the beasts and one step down from the angels."
- Jeanette Walls.
26. "Perfection is a trifle dull. It is not the least of life's ironies that this, which we all aim at, is better not quite achieved."
- W. Somerset Maugham.
27. "Perfection is terrible, it cannot have children."
- Sylvia Plath.
28. "Whoever tries to imagine perfection simply reveals his own emptiness."
- George Orwell.
29. "A certain type of perfection can only be realized through a limitless accumulation of the imperfect."
- Haruki Murakami.
30. "Finality is death. Perfection is finality. Nothing is perfect. There are lumps in it."
- James Stephens.
31. "Out of perfection, nothing can be made. Every process involves breaking something up."
- Joseph Campbell.
32. "Producing perfection from imperfection is, after all, the highest of art forms."
- Frank Herbert.
33. "If you look for perfection, you'll never be content."
- Leo Tolstoy.
34. "To improve is to change, so to be perfect is to have changed often."
- Winston Churchill.
35. "Perfection is the mere repudiation of that ineluctable marginal inexactitude which is the inmost quality of Being."
- H. G. Wells.
36. "Perfection is impossible, but you don't stop aiming for it."
- Saquon Barkley.
37. "All perfect things are saddening in effect."
- Ella Wheeler Wilcox.
38. "Where is perfection? Where I cannot reach."
- Percy Bysshe Shelley.
39. "For a married couple to expect perfection in each other is unrealistic."
- Bill Graham.
40. "Whoever thinks a faultless piece to see, Thinks what ne'er was, nor is, nor e'er shall be."
- Alexander Pope.
Bible Quotes About Perfection
This is a list of some of the best evangelical inspirational quotes about perfection and biblical quotes about perfection. Check out these perfection quotes.
41. "I have seen a limit to all perfection; your commandment is exceedingly broad."
- Psalm 119:96.
42. "Yet we do speak wisdom among those who are mature; a wisdom, however, not of this age nor of the rulers of this age, who are passing away."
- Corinthians 2:6.
43. "And He has said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.' Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me."
- Corinthians 12:9.
44. "O Lord, You are my God; I will exalt You, I will give thanks to Your name; For You have worked wonders, plans formed long ago, with perfect faithfulness."
- Isaiah 25:1.
45. "Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect."
- Matthew 5:48.
46. "Now the God of peace, who brought up from the dead the great Shepherd of the sheep through the blood of the eternal covenant, even Jesus our Lord."
- Hebrews 13:20.
47. "After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you."
- Peter 5:10.
48. "The law of the Lord is perfect, restoring the soul; The testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple."
- Psalm 19:7.
49. "Let us therefore, as many as are perfect, have this attitude; and if in anything you have a different attitude, God will reveal that also to you."
- Philippians 3:15.
50. "Not that I have already obtained it or have already become perfect, but I press on so that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus."
- Philippians 3:12.
Short Perfection Quotes
If you are looking for some compact perfection quotes, this list is perfect for you. So, check out this list of perfection quotes.
51. "Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time."
52. "Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it".
- Salvador Dali.
53. "Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work."
54. "The true work of art is but a shadow of the divine perfection."
55. "Perfection of character is this: to live each day as if it were your last, without frenzy, without apathy, without pretence."
- Marcus Aurelius.
56. "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."
- Yohji Yamamoto.
57. "The perfection of art is to conceal art."
58. "Nobody wants to watch perfection."
- Nicolas Cage.
59. "The pursuit of perfection often impedes improvement."
- George Will.
60. "Imperfection is perfection."
Quotes And Sayings On Perfectionism
This is a perfect list of the journey to perfection quotes and sayings for him and her about the reality of perfection and imperfection. Check out this list of perfection quotes.
61. "Redemption is not perfection. The redeemed must realize their imperfections."
- John Piper.
62. "Strive for continuous improvement, instead of perfection."
- Kim Collins.
63. "Pictures of perfection as you know make me sick and wicked."
- Jane Austen.
64. "Perfect is determined in shortened measures of time, not over long periods of time or lifetimes. It would be unnatural."
- W. Somerset Maugham.
65. "Perfection itself is imperfection."
- Vladimir Horowitz.
66. "Style is the perfection of a point of view."
- Richard Eberhart.
67. "Perfection consists not in doing extraordinary things, but in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well."
- Angelique Arnauld.
68. "March on. Do not tarry. To go forward is to move toward perfection. March on, and fear not the thorns, or the sharp stones on life’s path."
- Khalil Gibran.
69. "Looking for perfection is the only way to motivate yourself."
- Ronnie O'Sullivan.
70. "Perfection has to do with the end product, but excellence has to do with the process."
- Jerry Moran.
Famous Perfection Quotes For Him And Her
This is a wholesome list of some famous quotes about perfection including Vince Lombardi quotes on perfection and Thomas Keller quotes on perfection.
71. "The condition of perfection is idleness: the aim of perfection is youth."
- Oscar Wilde.
72. "Perfection is the child of time."
- Joseph Hall.
73. "Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect."
- Vince Lombardi.
74. "Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."
- Vince Lombardi.
75. "Waiting for perfect is never as smart as making progress."
- Seth Godin.
76. "When you acknowledge, as you must, that there is no such thing as perfect food, only the idea of it, then the real purpose of striving toward perfection becomes clear: to make people happy, that is what cooking is all about."
- Thomas Keller.
77. "The perfect is the enemy of the good."
78. "This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections."
- St. Augustine of Hippo.
79. "It is only imperfection that complains of what is imperfect. The more perfect we are the more gentle and quiet we become towards the defects of others."
- Francois Fenelon.
80. "Perfection is what we discover in each other, what we see reflected back. And if perfection eludes us, that doesn't matter. For what we have within the moment is enough."
- Mature Jenny, 'Call The Midwife'.
81. "Strive for excellence, not perfection, because we don’t live in a perfect world."
– Joyce Meyer.
82. "Many people think of perfectionism as striving to be your best, but it is not about self-improvement; it’s about earning approval and acceptance."
– Brene Brown.
83. "Is it possible? Is it possible to improve on perfection?"
– Leonardo DiCaprio.
84. "Perfection is the object always proposed, though possibly unattainable; hitherto at least, certainly unattained."
- Lord Chesterfield.
85. "Stop being perfect, because obsessing over being perfect stops you from growing."
– Brad Pitt.
86. "Perfection? Being the most human you can be."
- Giovanni Morassutti.
87. "If you think you’re perfect already, then you never will be."
– Cristiano Ronaldo.
88. "Perfection is a job complete, praise given, prayer heard. It can be kindness shown, thanks offered up."
- Mature Jenny, 'Call The Midwife'.
89. "The artist who aims at perfection in everything achieves it in nothing."
- Eugene Delacroix.
90. "No good work whatever can be perfect, and the demand for perfection is always a sign of a misunderstanding of the ends of art."
- John Ruskin.
91. "The intellect of man is forced to choose. Perfection of the life, or of the work."
- W. B. Yeats.
92. "Persistence. Perfection. Patience. Power. Prioritize your passion. It keeps you sane."
- Criss Jami.
93. "The safest principle through life, instead of reforming others, is to set about perfecting yourself."
– B. R. Haydon.
94. "One of the basic rules of the universe is that nothing is perfect. Perfection simply doesn’t exist…Without imperfection, neither you nor I would exist."
– Stephen Hawking.
95. "It's a delightful thing to think of perfection; but it's vastly more amusing to talk of errors and absurdities."
- Fanny Burney.
96. "Perfection does not exist – you can always do better and you can always grow."
– Les Brown.
97. "Perfection is not a polished thing. It is often simply something that is sincerely meant."
- Mature Jenny, 'Call The Midwife'.
98. "I think what is interesting in life is all the cracks and all the flaws and all the moments that are not perfect."
- Clemence Poesy.
99. "Forget your perfect offering, there is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in."
- Leonard Cohen.
100. "I abhor the idea of a perfect world. It would bore me to tears."
- Shelby Foote.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for perfection quotes then why not take a look at you got this quotes, or keep going quotes.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.