This list of funny photography puns is a picture perfect way to spend some quality time with your photography loving family.
Whether it's camera puns, picture puns, or photo puns, there's guaranteed to be a photography pun in here to make any budding photographer laugh!
Before you get started, here are some fun facts about photography: in 1826 Nicéphore Niépce captured and fixed the first photo with a camera obscura (which means dark room), in only eight hours! The first flash photographs were taken with actual little explosions caused to light up the scene (the true photobomb!). The first colour photograph was taken in 1861 but it wasn't until 1907 that the Lumière Brothers developed and popularised an effective way to use colour photography.
Digital photography, meaning photography without the use of physical strips of film, was developed in the middle of the twentieth century, and the first consumer digital camera was sold by Apple in 1994. It could only record eight photos, and you could not preview any of them!
Photography has come a long way since these times. The first photo published on the web was posted by Tim Berners-Lee, the inventor of the internet, in 1992. Nowadays, we take more photos in the space of two minutes than the whole of humanity did in the eighteenth century! We can even take amazing photographs with our mobile phones, reducing the need for small digital cameras to be a photography expert. Most people don't tend to print photos anymore, as you can take them, send them and view them on a single mobile device! However, printing photos and creating a photo album can be a really cute and thoughtful gift idea to commemorate an event or a person (particularly for a photography fan) for example.
Professional photography, however, requires lots of equipment and know-how: you need different cameras, tripods, flashes, projectors and lenses. A photographer can adjust the lighting, the exposure, the contrast, the brightness, the shutter speed and many other factors to make a photo look as good as possible! Digital cameras have dozens of settings and modes to create amazing photography. Most cameras and phones offer the option to do panorama photography, which allows you to create a beautiful view of landscapes and your surroundings. Because it's a process that takes several seconds, the start and the end points of a panorama photograph are captured at different points in time!
Now you're an expert on all things photography, it's time for some funny photography puns and camera puns!
Funny Photography Puns
There is nothing like a flashy, funny photography pun to make children laugh out loud! Sit down comfortably and dive in to this collection of hilarious picture puns, perfect for photography fans. Will you find your favorite photography pun in this list?
1. I'm developing a new hobby: photography.
2. I saw two men walk into a photography shop yesterday; you would think at least one of them would have spotted it!
3. I think I probably have a photographic memory, but I'm just missing the film.
4. I know a guy who was arrested for stealing someone else's photos, but I think he was framed.
5. I came, I saw, I captured.
6. I heard a terrifying legend about the ghost of a photographer which haunts mountains nearby; it made me shutter.
7. A flash mob is just a group of gangsters who are not very good at photography.
8. Life is like photography, you have to use the negatives to develop.
9. Sadly I cannot pay you for your photography services, but I am hoping you will do it for the exposure.
10. The best place in the world for photographers is Va-lens-ia.
11. I'm going on a healthy living retreat with a group of other photographers, we're all going on a c-lens.
12. Ruining a photo is the easiest thing, I can do it with my eyes closed!
13. I wanted to go outside and take some nature photographs, but I was not in the right frame of mind.
Clever Camera Puns
If you are after a good photography pun, these hilarious camera puns are bound to make any budding photographer laugh and smile for the camera!
14. I have become a lot more optimistic since I have bought a digital camera. I can only think of positive points, there are no negatives.
15. Santa is a great photographer, he loves to take photos with his North Polearoid.
16. A squid with a camera is called a squid Go Pro.
17. If you don't know how a camera works, you really just need to look into it.
18. The first thing I am going to do with my new camera is take a picture of my cup of tea, it will be a great mug shot.
19. You've got to be careful with this particular photographer, he is really unpredictable. He's a bit of a loose Canon.
20. It is possible to make a camera blush, you just need to show it a film strip.
21. I accidentally washed my camera's memory card. Thankfully it still works, but now all of my images are watermarked.
22. I bought a reversing camera the other day, it's amazing! I've never looked back since.
23. I got a photo from a speeding camera through the mail this morning, but I sent it back because it was blurry and way too expensive.
The Best Picture Puns
Say cheese! These funny photography puns are the best you can get to entertain your budding photographers. Why not test these photography puns on your friends and see if you can get them all laughing?
24. I may not be a photographer, but I can picture us together!
25. I don't know what my life would be like without my camera - I just can't picture it!
26. My dad always keeps his camera pointing out towards the river, he likes to keep up with current events.
27. I never want to see this photographer again: I want him out of the picture.
28. I tried to take a picture of some fog this morning, but I mist.
29. No one has ever been able to take a picture of a grizzly in socks or boots, but that's because they have bear feet.
30. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, which is why most authors are poorer than photographers!
Cheesy Photography Puns About Photographers
Add these great photo puns and photography puns to your photography skills! You have to be a skilled photographer to get all these funny picture puns. Which is your favourite photography pun?
31. I had to give up my career in photography because I kept losing focus.
32. One of my friends is a keen photographer, in fact that's all she talks about, you can't shutter up.
33. If you want to become a good photographer, you have to put a lot of effort into it, you can't just wait and see what develops.
34. Old photographers retire in an old focus home.
35. My pet crocodile is a better photographer than me; he's a very good snapper.
36. Photographers can be really mean people: they frame you, they shoot you, and then they hang you from the wall.
37. Be careful with photographers, they tend to have mood swings. Sometimes they start snapping for no reason!
38. Photographers are like superheroes, they can freeze time.
39. The trouble with having nightmares when you're a photographer is you will keep having flashbacks of it during the day.
40. I was in a relationship with a photographer, but I broke up with him. I just didn't see it panning out.
41. Photographers are great problem solvers, they are really good at looking at things from a different perspective.
42. Famous photographers are particularly prone to getting ill. Their photos go viral all the time.
43. The photographer was knocked out by a giant wheel of cheese which rolled down the hill. Everyone tried to warn him, but he did not seem to notice!
Mina lives in London and loves exploring the city and uncovering new, exciting, and fun activities, places, and adventures to fill her days with. She is also passionate about children’s literature and sharing all things cultural with the children she babysits, so if there’s a new family film, play, or exhibition, you’re likely to find her there. She has also travelled extensively in her life throughout Europe and further and loves exploring new places and meeting new people. She has a degree in Linguistics and Language Acquisition and remains fascinated by all languages and cultures.