Pilots are a pioneering part of society, and apart from their career as a pilot, it is indeed a thrilling experience.
Aviation is fascinating and mysterious at the same time. In the quotes below, you will find quotes to wish pilots a good flight.
These aviation quotes remind us of the contribution of pilots, the beauty of flight, and of what draws humanity to the skies. These pilot quotes basically talk about the role of a pilot and even list sayings to say to pilots. The aviation quotes cover inspirational quotes, quotes from pilots, funny pilot quotes as well as quotes about flying. These pilot quotes from movies will help you build up your confidence and see things in a different way. Give it a read and find out the best aviation quotes or aircraft quotes.
If you like these quotes, check out sky quotes and fly high quotes.
Famous Pilot Quotes
The pilot quotes listed below are inspirational quotes to inspire you along your journey. These are the quotes you can say to pilots before the flight.
1. "The successful pilots succeeded because they did not open fire until they were close to the target."
– Douglas Bader, 'Fight For The Sky'.
2. "Pilots are a rare kind of human. They leave the ordinary surface of the world to purify their soul in the sky, and they come down to the earth only after receiving the communion of the infinite."
– Jose Maria Velasco Ibarra.
3. "Without the pilot, there is no flying from one place to another."
- Lailah Gifty Akita.
4. "I'm a long-flight pilot; pushing a little bubble of air-filled metal across an ocean of nothing is what I was born to do."
- James S.A. Corey, 'Cibola Burn'.
5. "Sometimes, flying feels too God-like to be attained by man. Sometimes, the world from above seems too beautiful, too wonderful, too distant for human eyes to see."
– Charles A. Lindbergh.
6. "The desire to fly is an idea handed down to us by our ancestors who, in their gruelling travel across trackless lands in prehistoric times, looked enviously at the birds soaring freely through space, at full speed, above all obstacles, on the infinite highway of the air."
– Wilbur Wright.
7. "Learning to fly an airplane taught me a way of thinking, an approach to problem-solving that was applicable and effective. Pilots are very methodical and meticulous, and artists tend not to be."
– Chris Carter.
8. "The best pilots fly more than the others; that's why they're the best."
9. "There isn't a flight goes by when I don't stare out of the window and thank my lucky stars for what I'm feeling and seeing."
10. "Everyone has oceans to fly, if they have the heart to do it. Is it reckless? Maybe. But what do dreams know of boundaries?"
Inspirational Pilot Quotes
These are some quotes pilots say before they take off. These aircraft quotes will offer you an extra boost and help you stay focused on people on the plane.
11. "Fighter pilots have ice in their veins. They don't have emotions. They think, anticipate."
– Buzz Aldrin.
12. "There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician, the other is an artist in love with flight."
- Elrey B. Jeppesen.
13. "Be a pilot upon thoughts. Never let thoughts as a pilot upon you."
- Ehsan Sehgal.
14. "Be the pilot of your own flight. Not the passenger."
- Giovannie de Sadeleer.
15. "There's only one job in this world that gives you an office in the sky; and that is pilot."
- Mohith Agadi.
16. "Your thoughts are a pilot of your life journey; the best or the worst landing depends on how and where you land."
- Ehsan Sehgal.
17. "It is possible to fly without motors, but not without knowledge and skill."
- Wilbur Wright.
18. "When you have once tasted flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
- Leonardo da Vinci.
19. "In the dark, a glimmering light is often sufficient for the pilot to find the polar star and fix his course."
20. "The only mystery in life is why the kamikaze pilots wore helmets."
- Al McGuire.
These aviation quotes make every pilot feel closer to their work and take pride in whatever they do. We can use these quotes to wish a pilot a good flight.
21. "Your true pilot cares nothing about anything on earth but the river, and his pride in his occupation surpasses the pride of kings."
-Mark Twain, 'Life On The Mississippi'.
22. "A great pilot can sail even when his canvas is rent."
-Seneca, 'Letters To Lucilius'.
23. "By the Shadow of the Death, but he's a lightning pilot!"
-Mark Twain, 'Life On The Mississippi'.
24. "Fighter pilots rove in the area allotted to them in any way they like, and when they spot an enemy they attack and shoot them down. Everything else is rubbish."
-Manfred von Richthofen.
25. "The small amount of vanity is fatal in aeroplane fighting. Self-distrust is rather the quality to which many a pilot owes his protracted existence."
26. "Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute."
– Gil Stern.
27. "Beware the lessons of a fighter pilot who would rather fly a slide rule than kick your ass."
28. "The closest modern equivalent to the Homeric hero is the ace fighter pilot."
29. "To be a good fighter pilot, there is one prime requisite think fast, and act faster."
-John Trevor Godfrey.
30. "The most important thing for a fighter pilot is to get his victory without too much shock."
Quotes About Pilots
The pilot quotes are inspirational and help the pilots make a good start to their journey at every moment with these wishes and quotes.
31. "A pilot who says he has never been frightened in an airplane is, I'm afraid, lying."
– Louise Thaden.
32. "I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things."
– Antoine de Saint-Exupery.
33. "Time flies fast, but it's good you are the pilot. Just control your time well away from hijackers. Save time profitably; Spend time productively!"
― Israelmore Ayivor.
34. "The compass spins between heaven and hell, let your soul be your pilot, let your soul guide you."
-Sting, 'Let Your Soul Be Your Pilot'.
35. "The mind aware of itself is a pilot...vastly freer than a passenger mind."
36. "Flying is more than a sport and more than a job; flying is pure passion and desire, which fill a lifetime."
— General Adolf Galland.
37. "When everything seems to be against you, remember that an airplane takes off against the wind, not with it."
38. "Don't ever let a fear of failing keep you from knowing the joys of flight."
– Lane Wallace.
39. "Man must rise above the Earth—to the top of the atmosphere and beyond—for only thus will he fully understand the world in which he lives."
40. "Prepare for the unknown, unexpected and inconceivable … after 50 years of flying I'm still learning every time I fly."
Fighter Pilot Quotes
Pilot quotes are the first inspirational things one can think of before starting the day.
41. "There are old pilots and there are bold pilots. However, there are no old, bold pilots."
42. "He who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance; one cannot fly into flying."
- Friedrich Nietzsche.
43. "There are pilots and there are pilots; with the good ones, it is inborn. You can't teach it. If you are a fighter pilot, you have to be willing to take risks."
44. "Flying prevails whenever a man and his airplane are put to a test of maximum performance."
45. "The most important thing for a fighter pilot is get his first victory without too much of shock."
46. "Flying the airplane is more important than radioing your plight to a person on the ground incapable of understanding it."
47. "Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills."
48. "Sometimes you have to go up really high to see how small you are."
49. "The man who flies an airplane must believe in the unseen."
50. "Remember, you fly an airplane with you head, not your hands and feet."
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of inspirational aviation quotes for pilots for all the plane members. If you liked our suggestions for pilot quotes, then why not take a look at [flying quotes], or aviation quotes?
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.