The term 'pumpkin' originated from the word 'pepon,' which means "melon" in Greek.
We cannot imagine the Halloween season without pumpkins. Pumpkins are carved into jack-o'-lanterns and serve as Halloween decorations for the spooky holiday.
Pumpkin is a winter squash that is generally cooked before it is consumed. Pumpkins are native to North-Eastern Mexico and the southern part of the United States. Pumpkin is a staple dish at every Thanksgiving and Halloween dinner. Boil it, steam it, mash it or roast it; Pumpkins taste great no matter the process used to prepare them. After all, who doesn't love Pumpkin spiced lattes and pumpkin pies?
Pumpkins are also a part of folklore and fiction. The 'Legend of Sleepy Hollow,' the 'Headless Horseman, and the 'Story of Cinderella' all portray pumpkins in one form or another. Halloween feels incomplete without a carved pumpkin names contest, where you name your carved pumpkins with cool pumpkin pun names to stand out from the crowd of Jack-O-Lanterns. Ghoulish faced pumpkins with lit up candles complete the Halloween season. The term Jack of the Lantern or jack-o'-lantern originated from an Irish folktale. Irish immigrants brought this tradition to America, where decorating and carving pumpkins became a part of Halloween traditions. What do you get when you drop a pumpkin? Well, you get squash. Here are some amazing pun king puns for the spooky season, which will give em Pumpkin to talk about.
If you want to see more spooky puns, make sure you check out Thanksgiving Puns or 65 Best Spooky Skeleton Jokes For Kids, or, if you keep looking at Halloween articles, check out these Halloween Puns.
Funny Pumpkin Puns
These funny puns remind us of pumpkin spice and everything nice. Drop a pumpkin pun and become a pun king by checking out these funny and cute pumpkin puns.
1. After the Thanksgiving dinner, the Pumpkin told everyone good pie.
2. The adventurous Pumpkin wanted to have some fun, so he went for bungee gourd jumping.
3. A pumpkin went for a job interview at a water park, where he was appointed as a life gourd.
4. A student was trying to find the ratio between a pumpkin's circumference and its diameter. It was pumpkin pi!
5. The baby pumpkins were struggling to cross the road, so they called the crossing gourd.
6. The pumpkins wanted to hold a meeting, so they had to book a gourdroom.
7. Cinderella's carriage turned into a pumpkin. "Oh, my gourd!" she exclaimed.
8. My friend had a pumpkin spice addiction; the doctor suggested that he apply a pumpkin patch.
9. My dad bought pumpkin spice motor oil made for autumnmobiles.
10. "I am so sorry; it gourd out of my mind", I apologized. I had forgotten to attend the Halloween party my parents hosted the night before.
11. A pumpkin took his wife to watch his favorite movie, 'Gourd of the Rings.'
12. I have a pun on a pumpkin, and I think it's a pretty gourd one.
13. I love pumpkin gourds. They are so gourdgeous.
14. The salesgirl at the cosmetic store asked, "Ma'am, would you like to have a plumpking product for pink, plump lips?"
15. Two pumpkin siblings played online rugby patch on the new gaming console they received from their grandparents.
16. At a party, the host asked his pumpkin friend how he was. The Pumpkin replied: "I am vine, thank you".
17. The Pumpkin said to his son, "Life is gourd. One should spend money wisely and save for the future."
18. The delivery boy was waiting outside with my order of pumpkin pies. I told him, "Wait there, I am pumpkin outside."
19. "Mom, I am pumpkin home for Halloween", said the Pumpkin on the phone call.
20. The pumpkin guy won the title of Pumpkin carving names. He totally squashed the contest.
21. A pumpkin gifted his wife her favorite music album, 'Pumpkin to Terms.'
22. For the Halloween party, the baby pumpkin wore a pumpkin patch. He was dressing up as a pirate.
23. "Oh gourd, please help me with the exam", prayed the baby pumpkin. He had forgotten to prepare for the exam.
24. The Pumpkin was freaked out because lighting struck the gourd.
25. In Japan, they celebrate Pumpkin of Age Day to welcome teenagers to adult life.
26. The teenage Pumpkin was reading a new book, 'Pumpkin of Age in Samoa.'
Pumpkin patch puns and Jack-o'-lantern inspired puns are cool and amazing. Let's carve out some fun with these Jack-O-Lantern pumpkin carving puns.
27. The Jack-o'-lantern overate at the Halloween dinner. He was feeling a bit plump-kin.
28. The broken Jack-o'-lantern was not working, so they had to use a pumpkin patch to patch things up.
29. A pirate called Jack-O-Lantern lost his pumpkin patch.
30. "Let's carve out some fun this Halloween season," said a Jack-o'-lantern to his friend.
31. Once, there was a Jack-o'-lantern who lived in the seedy part of the town.
32. A Jack-o'-lantern went for a movie; It was 'Pulp fiction.'
33. Once, there was a chubby Jack-O-Lantern; his friends called him plump-kin.
34. There was a pumpkin who was very fond of jokes. People called him joke o' lantern.
35. Once, a Jack-o'-lantern was afraid and didn't cross the road; he didn't have the guts.
36. A Jack-o'-lantern was made of jelly; people called him JellO-lantern.
37. "Welcome to the pumpkin carving contest. Pump up, get off your gourd, and get ready to squash the competition".
38. There was a pumpkin athlete. He was a jock-o' lantern.
39. The Jack-o'-lantern was feeling sad because he felt hollow.
40. The Jack-o'-lantern could not confess his love. He never had the guts to do so.
41. "It's Halloween season again. Life is gourd," said the Jack-o'-lantern.
42. The pumpkin president said, "give em pumpkin to talk about."
43. Happy hollow-ween, the Jack-o'-lantern wished his friend.
44. Before the start of the autumn break, the teacher said, "Have a gourd time this Halloween."
45. The Jack-o'-lantern wanted to creep it real for Halloween.
46. "Hey, we need to talk about pumpkin", said the Jack-o'-lantern. He works as a counselor.
47. The Jack-o'-lantern played the song ' Pumpkin back to life' to set the party mood.
48. The baby Jack-O-Lantern started singing 'Pumpkin's going On', as he wanted to know what was cooking.
49. People ignored the Jack-o'-lantern. According to them, he was empty from the inside.
50. The Jack-o'-lantern was a huge movie fan. Everyone called him 'Pumpkinhead'.
Best Pumpkin Spice And Everything Nice Puns
When Life gives you pumpkins, make Pumpkin spiced lattes. Here are some spiced pumpkin puns inspired by the pumpkin patch and pumpkin spice jokes.
51. He was latte, as he had to pick up a pumpkin spice on his way.
52. The latte complimented his girlfriend. As a reply, she winked and said: "tell me, pumpkin, I don't know."
53. The latte was madly in love; he felt like there was Pumpkin in the air.
54. Everyone was avoiding latte because Pumpkin spiced up the story and talked behind his back.
55. Latte went to the store and bought 'Pumpkin Else' by the Kinks, latte's favorite music album.
56. Latte exclaimed, "Oh my gourd" when he met pumpkin pie at the Halloween party; she was looking like pumpkin spice, and everything nice.
Pumpkin squash puns are best for the fall season. Check out these amazing pumpkin squash puns.
57. A pumpkin bought two tickets for his favorite game; he went to watch a game of squash.
58. He accidentally dropped a pumpkin; now it's squash.
59. The baby pumpkin was punished for being naughty. He was gourd-ed.
60. The squashed Pumpkin decided to watch his favorite horror movie, 'Hollow-een'.
61. The 'Pumpkin you, pumpkin me' album is loved by the squashed pumpkin couple; it's their favorite.
62. The squashed Pumpkin was tired of his kids quarreling over a broken Jack-o'-lantern; he told his wife to give em pumpkin so that they could stop.
63. A group of squashed pumpkins decided to creep things real by watching 'The Pumpkin Karver' for movie night.
64. The members of the squashed pumpkin plumbing society held a meeting in the building's gourdroom.
Pumpkin Captions For Instagram
Pumpkin spice and everything nice. Check out these pumpkin Instagram captions inspired by pumpkin quotes, pumpkin phrases, pumpkin puns, and pumpkin sayings.
65. You are the Pumpkin to my pie.
66. Day out with my gang, #squash_goals.
67. Fall season on fleek, oh my gourd!
68. Feeling gourd-geous.
69. Oh my gourdness, it's autumn already.
70. Won the pumpkin carving contest, feeling like a hallow queen.
71. Have a gourd time this Halloween season.
72. Currently, vibing to 'Is their pumpkin I should know.'
73. 'Pumpkin for the rest of us' is my jam for this Halloween season.
74. Drop a pumpkin squash and get pumped up for fall.
75. I am way too ahead of the carve for Halloween.
76. Grooving to 'Pumpkin to die for.'
77. Wearing a pumpkin carver cut dress. #OOTD
78. Hey orange you pumped for Halloween?
79. Feeling fa-boo-lous, wearing these pumpkin patches.
80. Let's spice things up with pumpkin spice in a latte.
81. Let's give em some pumpkin pie.
82. Dear gourd, go big or gourd home.
83. Jack, the funniest Pumpkin.
84. Let's pumpkin spice things and keep carving.
85. Keep calm and carve Jack-O-Lanterns.
86.Pumpkin spices who like sugary beverages love to drink pumpkin spice lattes.
87. Tis the season of gourdness.
88. All the gourd-geous pumpkins need to know, a latte love surrounds you.
89. Oh my gourd! It was fun carving Jack-O-Lanterns.
90. Never thought Life could be gourd with pumpkin patches.
91. When fall gives you pumpkins, make pumpkin pies.
92. All jacked up for fall.
93. Feeling plump-kin in this pumpkin Halloween outfit.
94. Time to get fall ready with pumpkin spice latte.
95. Carving Jack-O-Lanterns, feeling fa-boo-lous.
96. Squash goals for Halloween trick or treating.
97. Feeling jacked up with these Jack-O-Lantern costumes.
98. When in doubt, gourd it out.
99. Feeling like I might be a pun king.
100. Pumpkin in the air, it's that time of the year again.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully collated lots of great puns for your entertainment! If you liked our suggestions for Pumpkin Puns and Captions Perfect for Spooky Season, then why not take a look at 31 Ghost Puns That Are Un-Boo-Lievable, or for something different, take a look at 46 of The Best Bat Puns and Jokes For Your Kids.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.