Pumpkins are mainly qualified as a fruit because of their seeds, but they also fall under the denomination of squash and gourd.
The reason that pumpkins are associated with Halloween is that when Irish immigrants arrived in the United States, they decided to carve pumpkins and use them as Jack-o'-lanterns. They decided to use pumpkins as they could easily get them in the region.
Pumpkins are a great vegetable, as they can be used according to your personal need. Some people love to use pumpkins for dishes, such as pumpkin soup, pumpkin pie, or even pumpkin spice latte. Others want to primarily use them during Halloween time when they need decorations for the festival. Fall is the perfect season to make pumpkin-themed foods and desserts. If you're one for pumpkin puns, funny fall quotes, pumpkin carving quotes, and quotes about Halloween, you should delve into this list of pumpkin quotes and puns! You may have similar ideas when it comes to pumpkins, or you may just find a new use for this gourd -geous gourd after reading this article! Here are the best quotes about pumpkins.
If you like these great pumpkin quotes, you should check out [cute fall quotes] and [October quotes].
Best Pumpkin Quotes
If you love the fall season, then you're going to like these best pumpkin quotes even better!
1. "I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."
- Henry David Thoreau.
2. "Only the knife knows what goes on in the heart of a pumpkin."
- Simone Shwarz Bart.
3. "Everything is for sale in Hollywood; the fairy tale, the costume, the pumpkin, the footman and the mice."
- Amanda Eliasch.
4. "In the final analysis, that was what solved these big problems of life. You could think and think and get nowhere, but you still had to eat your pumpkin."
- Alexander McCall Smith.
5. "What calls back the past like the rich pumpkin pie?"
- John Greenleaf Whittier.
6. "I make a really good pumpkin pie with real pumpkin."
- Morgan Saylor.
7. "Way out in the country tonight he could smell the pumpkins ripening toward the knife and the triangle eye and the singeing candle."
- Ray Bradbury.
8. "In November, the smell of food is different. It is an orange smell. A squash and pumpkin smell."
- Cynthia Rylant.
9. "I can smell autumn dancing in the breeze. The sweet chill of pumpkin, and crisp sunburnt leaves."
- Ann Drake.
10. "Remember that when you're old like me, pumpkin, because the world has a way of making a woman's life everyone else's business--you have to dig out a little place that's only yours."
- J. Courtney Sullivan.
11. "There were glowing pumpkins and ghost lights in the yard and cheerful looking spiders and vampire posters everywhere."
- John H. Carroll.
12. "Fall makes me think that if I fail horribly at this art thing, and then fail horribly with this writing thing, I'll go run a pumpkin patch."
- Tyler Hojberg.
13. "The pumpkin itself is a symbol for mortality."
- Seth Adam Smith.
14. "I love the food: The turkey and stuffing; the sweet potatoes and rice... the mashed potatoes...the Campbell's green bean casserole; and of course, pumpkin pie."
- Douglas Conant.
15. "...somehow I picked up something better. Friends who care enough to knock on your pumpkin and make sure you haven’t gone mushy inside."
- Stacey Lee.
16. "Being kept inside a pumpkin shell your whole life was no guarantee against getting flung into space."
- Barbara Kingsolver.
17. "I cooked with a spice rack box of crayons – sixteen colors. I seasoned the pumpkin pie with orange crayon, and basted the turkey's crisp skin in brown. "
- Jalina Mhyana.
18. "In the evening, the brilliant yellow pumpkin blossoms will close, drunk on sunshine..."
- Patricia McCormick.
19."He was very bright, with a brain twice the size and weight of a pumpkin."
- Robyn Davidson.
20. "In the lives of children, pumpkins can turn into coaches, mice and rats into human beings."
- Gregory Maguire.
21. "...the ancient Romans established the use of the pumpkin as an astonishingly consistent comical motif for the politician."
- Cindy Ott.
Inspirational Pumpkin Quotes
Who doesn't love pumpkin pies, the chilly weather, and fun costumes during Halloween? Here are some inspirational pumpkin quotes that may just spice up your day.
22. "Every pumpkin deserves to shine."
- Marion Meister.
23. "...one thing beyond all others is necessary; and that is to have a head, not a pumpkin, on your shoulders and brains, not pudding, in your head."
- A.E. Houseman.
24. "I’m no Cinderella. No fairy godmother will be coming to my rescue, so it’s time to turn these rags into gowns and get ready before my pumpkin ride arrives in two hours."
- Cecilia Robert.
25. "We’re not pumpkins. We’re stunning autumn gourds."
- Penny Reid.
26. "...wild pumpkin--the only vegetation that had any vitality. "
- Willa Cather.
Funny Pumpkin Quotes
Those who enjoy the best pumpkin puns and jokes may also relish these funny pumpkin quotes.
27. "Pumpkin spice lattes are egg nog for morning people."
- John Oliver.
28. "Windows 7 is like a pumpkin: handsome and plump on the outside, but a big mess on the inside."
- David A. Karp.
29. "Sometimes I think that ideas float through the atmosphere like huge squishy pumpkins, waiting for heads to drop on."
- Neil Gaiman.
30. "You could hollow out a big pumpkin and wear it on your head for the entire week of your birthday."
- Jade Puget.
31. "Getting eaten by evil pumpkins was very low on my list of preferred ways to die."
- Kyle Robert Shultz.
32. "She might as well drink pumpkin spice lattes, carry Michael Kors, and wear yoga pants to the grocery store. Totally basic."
- Liz Talley.
33. "I feel like Cinderella sitting in the middle of the road with a pumpkin and a couple of mice, while Prince Charming charges off to rescue some other chick."
- Cynthia Hand.
34. "If you're ever wondering what to wear, just dress like a pumpkin, you're good to go."
- Devendra Banhart.
35. "His largeness lorded over his chair like a giant unripened pumpkin rolling onto an egg cup."
- Jack Flanagan.
36. "David Copperfield has no magic in him. I'm talking about Santa flying around the world in one night kind of magic. Pumpkins transformed into coaches kind of magic."
- Sydney Strand.
37. "'Do you want to stop for pumpkin lattes on the way?' 'Of course. We’re not animals.'"
- Lily Harper Hart.
Famous Pumpkin Quotes
Here are some famous pumpkin quotes for you to get excited about! They're perfect for those who are looking for quotes that mention pies, funny things such as pumpkin patch quotes, and want to make an impression with their friends.
38. "Why are terms of endearment always food? Honey, cookie, sugar, pumpkin."
- Jodi Picoult.
39. "Minerva, kindly go to Hagrid's house, where you will find a large black dog sitting in the pumpkin patch."
- J.K. Rowling, 'Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire'.
40. "The mask can be a limitation, but you just deal with it. You do get superhuman strength and pumpkin bombs and all this other stuff to express yourself with."
- William Dafoe.
41. "Boston: Their hotels are bad. Their pumpkin pies are delicious. Their poetry is not so good."
- Edgar Allen Poe.
42. "I like sugar, be it candy, this season's pumpkin chocolate chip bars, or wine."
- Alicia Coppola.
43. "We fancy men are individuals; so are pumpkins..."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson.
44. "There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people: religion, politics, and the Great Pumpkin."
- Charles M. Schulz.
45. "I will defend pumpkin until the day I die. It's delicious."
- Anna Kendrick.
46. "Now I can ride. I have a pumpkin in each end of my sack."'
- Abraham Lincoln.
Cute Fall Quotes
Jack O Lantern quotes and pumpkin spice quotes are great for Halloween, but there is more to fall than Halloween. Here are some fall quotes that will make your life much better and give you and your friends things to talk about.
47. "And all at once, summer collapsed into fall."
- Oscar Wilde.
48. "Everyone must take time to sit and watch the leaves turn."
- Elizabeth Lawrence.
49. "There is a time in the last few days of summer when the ripeness of autumn fills the air, and time is quiet and mellow."
- Rudolph Anaya.
50. "Autumn is the hardest season. The leaves are all falling, and they're falling like they're falling in love with the ground."
- Andrea Gibson.
Fun Halloween Quotes
Here are some fun quotes for Halloween that many of you may find funny. You can give one of these quotes to your friends by putting it in a card, or use it as an Instagram or social media caption.
51. "Some people are born for Halloween, and some are just counting the days until Christmas."
- Stephen Graham Jones.
52. "I love Halloween, and I love that feeling: the cold air, the spooky dangers lurking around the corner."
- Evan Peters.
53. "Every Halloween I missed being a kid, getting to dress up and eat tons of candy. The only thing I got to do now was…eat tones of Candy. Not half bad."
- Jennifer L. Armentrout.
54. "Dear Great Pumpkin, Halloween is now only a few days away. Children all over the world await you coming."
- Charles M. Schulz.
55. "Each year, the Great Pumpkin rises out of the pumpkin patch that he thinks is the most sincere. He's gotta pick this one. He's got to."
- Charles M. Schulz.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for Pumpkin quotes and puns then why not take a look at [funny fall quotes], or [September quotes].
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.