The color purple means transition and grandeur and is associated with the monarchs.
Many people use purple to signify extravagance, creativity, and peace. Purple is a beautiful color made from an infusion of red and blue, where red is a color of energy and power, and blue portrays peace and tranquility.
A writer, or anyone who has a passion for creativity and colors, would love to invest some time, get inspired, and read many interesting quotes about purple. So, here is everything you need to know about the color itself, and these are some purple quotes and purple sayings to use as your next caption for that new picture with some purple element in it.
If you like what you read, you could also check out [rainbow quotes] and [painting quotes].
Quotes About The Color Purple
If you're someone who loves to invest some time reading such creative and encouraging purple quotes or quotes about purple to take you closer to your passion, here's the list for you.
1. "As an actress who has performed in theater for over 17 years, my experience performing in 'The Color Purple' has been a truly life-changing journey."
2. "Seek to be the purple thread in the long white gown."
3. "Purple puts us in touch with the part of ourselves that is regal. Purple is the queen in all women; it helps us keep our backs straight and heads held high."
- Byllye Avery.
4. "When God made the color purple, God was just showing off."
- Mae Jemison.
5. "Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple."
- Regina Brett.
6. "I think it annoys God if you walk by the color purple in a field somewhere and don't notice it."
- Alice Walker, 'The Color Purple'.
7. "I like to write with a lot of emotion and a lot of power. Sometimes I overdo it; sometimes my prose is a little bit too purple, and I know that."
- H. G. Bissinger.
8. "When I'm with Purple, I'm totally with Purple; when I'm doing my thing, I'm totally doing my own thing."
- Tommy Bolin.
9. "Everything changes when a man becomes purple."
- Charlie McDonnell.
Purple Flower Quotes
Purple-colored flowers are favorite of many and are soothing to the eyes, and if you own a passion or adore purple-colored flowers, then these purple quotes are definitely your type.
10. "The bougainvillea hung about it, purple and magenta, in livid balloons."
- Anita Desai, 'Games At Twilight'.
11. "Her love was like lavender, delicate and melancholy."
- Laura Chouette, 'The Painting Of Mrs. Ravensbrook'.
12. "Be different. Be original. Nobody will remember a specific flower in a garden filled with thousands of the same yellow flower, But they will remember the one that managed to change its color to purple."
- Suzy Kassem, ' Rise Up And Salute The Sun'.
13. "Better keep the young on lemons and lavender until they've reached the age of discretion."
- Henry Miller, 'Big Sur And The Oranges Of Hieronymus Bosch'.
14. "Womanist is to feminist as purple is to lavender."
- Alice Walker.
15. "Flower of this purple dye
Hit with Cupid's archery
Sink in apple of his eye."
- William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'.
Purple Sky Quotes
A day with purple skies is rare but are the most beautiful ones, and so are these uplifting purple quotes about purple skies to make your day the best one.
16. "Twilight fell: The sky turned to a light, dusky purple littered with tiny silver stars."
- J. K. Rowling, ' Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix'.
17. "Yesterday and tomorrow cross and mix on the skyline. The two are lost in a purple haze. One forgets, one waits."
- Carl Sandburg.
18. "Time is purple
Just before night."
- Mary O'Neill.
19. "Far clouds of feathery gold
Shaded with deepest purple, gleam
Like islands on a dark blue sea."
- Percy Bysshe Shelley, 'Queen Mab'.
20. "The sky is already purple; the first few stars have appeared, suddenly, as if someone had thrown a handful of silver across the edge of the world."
- Alice Hoffman, 'Here On Earth'.
21. "The range in brightness from the purple glow of the sunset to the dark sky above is too great for most films, and naturally it is beyond the range of printed pictures."
- James Elkins, 'How to Use Your Eyes'.
Purple Love Quotes
Purple is a color of affection, love, and compassion and so are these purple quotes on love and other topics.
22. "Purple is the last of the rainbow colors, so it means I will love and trust you for a long time."
- Kim Tae Hyung.
23. "Purple does something strange to me."
- Charles Bukowski, 'The People Look Like Flowers At Last'.
24. "Deep Purple is a....good band and we've made a niche in rock 'n' roll history. Maybe not a huge one but enough to be very proud of."
- Jon Lord.
25. "If you want to make a statement, wear purple."
- Baron Davis.
26. "Black is not as good as purple."
- Ralph Lauren.
27. "I always wanted to get the Purple Heart."
- Donald Trump.
28. "I think 'The Color Purple' is so bursting with love, the need for connection, the showing of the need for connection around the globe."
- Alice Walker.
29. "Purple is my favorite color. It makes me think of spring and summer. A purple dress, eating grapes, lilacs - I love purple."
- Angela Yee.
Quotes About Violets
Here are some violet quotes to leave you embellished with nobility and wisdom.
30. "Violet is the most soothing, tranquilizing and cooling color vibration. It encourages the healing of unbalanced mental conditions in people who are overly nervous or high-strung. Foods of the violet vibration are: purple broccoli, beetroot and purple grapes."
- Tae Yun Kim, 'The First Element: Secrets To Maximizing Your Energy'.
31. "Poetry is a mystic, sensuous mathematics of fire, smoke-stacks, waffles, pansies, people, and purple sunsets."
- Carl Sandburg, 'Definitions Of Poetry'.
32. "I feel like you have to tell people who you are, but you don't have to be disrespectful about it. But you also don't have to be a shrinking violet."
- Keke Palmer.
33. "The violets in the mountains have broken the rocks."
- Tennessee Williams, 'Camino Real'.
34. "The themes in 'Violet' are universal: accepting yourself with all of your flaws, moving on, and the forgiveness and freedom that comes along with that."
- Joshua Henry.
35. "When the time is ripe for certain things, these things appear in different places in the manner of violets coming to light in the early spring."
- Farkas Bolyai.
36. "Stars will blossom in the darkness, Violets bloom beneath the snow."
- Julia Caroline Dorr, 'Poems'.
Quotes About Color
Here are some color quotes to add a happy vibe to your life and make your day
37. "I see music in colors. I love music that's black, pink, purple or red - but I hate music that's green, yellow or brown."
- Charli XCX.
38. "Color in a picture is like enthusiasm in life."
- Vincent Van Gogh.
39. "Each day has a color, a smell."
- Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni, 'The Mistress Of Spices'.
40. "Each day has its own individuality of color."
- Charles Webster Hawthorne.
41. "Color is my day-long obsession, joy and torment."
- Claude Monet.
42. "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."
- Martin Luther King, Jr.
43. "Color is vibration like music; everything is vibration."
- Marc Chagall.
44. "What I wanted most was to be okay as a blue. I never understood why other people thought my color, any color, needed fixing."
- Kim Michele Richardson, 'The Book Woman Of Troublesome Creek'.
45. "The whole world, as we experience it visually, comes to us through the mystic realm of color."
- Hans Hofmann.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for purple quotes then why not take a look at blue quotes, or [pink quotes].
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.