Puzzles are toys that test people's knowledge or problem-solving skills.
Many thinkers look at life as a puzzle that is intended to be solved. For some, it becomes difficult to solve the puzzles without all the pieces.
Sometimes when a problem becomes difficult to manage, we need some inspirational reminders. In such cases, inspirational puzzle quotes can be a nice positive reinforcement. This article includes some of the best puzzle quotes and inspirational quotes that can help anyone who is stuck in a conundrum to solve their puzzle!
Popular Quotes With Puzzle Metaphors
Here are some inspirational quotes about puzzles, and trying to complete or solve them. These puzzle quotes are metaphors that show why many people see puzzles as life analogies.
1. "A good puzzle can give you all the pleasure of being duped that a mystery story can."
- Stefen Sondheim.
2. "Faith is a puzzle meant to take someone’s entire life to complete."
- A.D. Aliwat, 'In Limbo'.
3. "Finding your style is like putting puzzle pieces together."
- Lara Spencer.
4. "I am a woman of many talents and they're all just pieces of the puzzle that make me and make my career."
- Michelle Phillips.
5. "The problem is that we always look for the missing piece of the puzzle instead of finding a place for the one in our hand."
- Alina Radoi.
6. "I thought I knew a lot of but in the end it was just one small piece from the puzzle."
- Deyth Banger.
7. "We perceive the world through the rear window of life, observe all the puzzles and little pieces of our existence and assemble them in a comprehensive pattern."
- Erik Pevernagie.
8. "The brain is the most complex, challenging scientific puzzle we have ever tried to decode."
- Paul Allen.
9. "During high school, every puzzle that was known to man must have come to me. Every damn, crazy conundrum that people had invented, I knew."
- Richard Feynman.
10. "Just because you’re puzzled, doesn’t mean life’s jagged edges won’t still fall into place for you."
- Curtis Tyrone Jones.
Inspirational Quotes About Solving Puzzles
Solving a puzzle can be quite tough, just like solving the problems in our lives. This list has some inspirational puzzle metaphor quotes including quotes from well-known people for when you realize that the puzzle is starting to come together.
11. "The experience of life that you and I have is pretty much a jigsaw puzzle in the box: day-to-day experiences of disconnected pieces that don't seem to justify the efforts we make each day."
- Robert Adams.
12. "A puzzle challenges the player to get from a problem to a solution."
- Ernest Adams.
13. "A puzzle is not a dead-end."
- Lewis N. Roe, 'From A To Theta'.
14. "Science isn't just about solving this or that puzzle. It's about understanding how the world works..."
- Sean M. Carroll.
15. "A puzzle with a solution is a game. A puzzle without a solution is a work of art."
- Marty Rubin.
16. "... the best way to do a jigsaw, when you don’t have the image to work off, is to start from the outside, the sides and the four corners."
- Daniel Sloss.
17. "That's why I was always maniacal about transforming every problem into a puzzle which I can solve. I can solve a puzzle—a problem just stresses me out."
- Quincy Jones.
18. "For me, the most enjoyable part is the puzzle, the process of solving, not the solution itself."
- Erno Rubik.
19. "A knotty puzzle may hold a scientist up for a century, when it may be that a colleague has the solution already and is not even aware of the puzzle that it might solve."
- Isaac Asimov, 'The Robots Of Dawn'.
20. "People who work crossword puzzles know that if they stop making progress, they should put the puzzle down for a while."
- Marilyn vos Savant.
21. "I get intrigued by a puzzle, and writing a book is the best way to solve it."
- Anthony Storr.
22. "There was nothing finer than the feeling that came rushing through you when it clicked and you suddenly understood something that had puzzled you."
- Jeannette Walls, 'Half Broke Horses'.
23. "The nice thing about doing a crossword puzzle is, you know there is a solution."
- Stephen Sondheim.
24. "People are like a mathematical puzzle. If you don’t know them, they seem difficult. However, once you understand them, they are a game."
- Awdhesh Singh, '31 Ways Into Happiness'.
25. "You're a puzzle not only to yourself but also to everyone else, and the great mystery of our time is how we penetrate this puzzle."
- Theodore Zeldin.
26. "It certainly is a puzzle... But sometimes to find the answer, you have to take a leap of faith."
- Diana Hardy, 'Summer's End'.
27. "Dare to ask questions and seek answers to the puzzles of life."
- Lailah Gifty Akita.
28. "Not every puzzle is intended to be solved. Some are in place to test your limits. Others are, in fact, not puzzles at all."
- Vera Nazarian, 'The Perpetual Calendar Of Inspiration'.
29. "The solution often turns out more beautiful than the puzzle."
- Richard Dawkins.
30. "There's no perfect answer to the puzzle, and creativity is a renewable resource."
- Biz Stone.
31. "If you read proverbs, you will find answers to every puzzle."
- Lailah Gifty Akita.
Missing Puzzle Piece Quotes
Our lives are like a jigsaw puzzle where we try to find the pieces in the box that complete us. However, finding that missing piece is a huge challenge and some of our dreams are tough to figure out. This subcategory has puzzle quotes about every puzzle we have faced where we could not find the missing piece. Do these quotes from famous people about hardships and finding the missing piece resonate with you?
32. "When you fall in love, you feel like a missing piece of a puzzle that's been found."
- David Byrne.
33. "We are the puzzle pieces who seldom fit with other puzzle pieces. Romantics, idealists, eccentrics... In a world where proms and marriage define social order, we are, by force of our personalities and inner strength, rebels."
- Sasha Cagen.
34. "Anyone who falls in love is searching for the missing pieces of themselves."
- Haruki Murakami.
35. "Missing pieces do more than complete the puzzle, they fill in an empty space."
- Luane Rice.
36. "... despite appearances, puzzling is not a solitary game: every move the puzzler makes, the puzzlemaker has made before..."
- Georges Perec.
37. "I feel like my life is made up of tiny puzzle parts that no longer fit together. Imagine working on a puzzle only to find that the final picture can never be complete because one of its pieces is missing."
- Zeina Kassem, 'Crossing'.
38. "We are all beautiful and magical puzzles made up of so many tiny pieces and parts. Without just one of them, something would be missing and we would not be whole."
- Camille Lucy, 'The (Real) Love Experiment'.
39. "You are the piece of the puzzle of someone else's life. You may never know where you fit, but others will fill the hole in their lives with pieces of you."
- Bonnie Abon.
40. "Couples are jigsaw puzzles that hang together by touching in just enough points."
- Diane Ackerman.
41. "Sometimes the hardest pieces of a puzzle to assemble, are the ones missing from the box,"
- Dixie Waters.
42. "Every puzzle requires that the player make choices, some of which lead to dead ends."
- Ernest Adams.
43. "... finding I was really a puzzle piece, once I found the piece that was supposed to fit beside me."
- Maggie Stiefvater.
Famous Life Is A Puzzle Quotes
Just like the events in our lives, we often try to solve a difficult jigsaw puzzle with the help of family or friends. This subcategory has some well-known puzzle quotes to motivate you when you feel you are left without any solutions.
44. "Thoughts and emotions are the glue that holds together this puzzle we call life."
- J.R. Incer, 'Mastering Success'.
45. "Imagine all of our lives are like our own individual jigsaw puzzles. As we’re going through life, we’re just slowly piecing it together, bit by bit, based on experiences and lessons that we’ve learned, until we get the best picture..."
- Daniel Sloss.
46. "To me acting is like a jigsaw puzzle. The jigsaw puzzle is of the sky and all the pieces are blue. Out of this you have to create a human being and put it together."
- Henry Winkler.
47. "Life is puzzle unsolved."
- Santosh Kalwar.
48. "How many times has it occurred to us that, among others, life is also a bundle of puzzles?"
- Nihar Satpathy, 'The Puzzles Of Life'.
49. "Life is a puzzle and we are all unique pieces. When you lie, you make it impossible to find your true place in the grand design."
- Steve Maraboli.
50. "The problems of puzzles are very near the problems of life."
- Erno Rubik.
51. "I look at this life as a puzzle without all the pieces in the box."
- Jonathan Anthony Burkett.
52. "Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle."
- Lewis Carroll.
53. "I just consider myself a piece of the puzzle and I'm lucky enough to be asked or invited to the party, if you will."
- Adam Baldwin.
54. "The world is a puzzle, and we cannot solve it alone."
- Lemony Snicket, 'Where Did You See Her Last?'
55. "I am always looking for some clue, some easily missed sign that might just be the missing piece in the puzzle."
- Oliver Harris.
56. "Everyone else on this planet is as deep and as complex and individual as you are, which means they too have spent the last 20 or so years of their life working on their own jigsaw puzzle, in the same way that you’ve been working on yours. You can’t suddenly expect them to give up everything they’ve come to achieve to suddenly fit into yours..."
- Daniel Sloss.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for the best puzzle quotes and sayings, then why not take a look at these [progress quotes] and [proverbs quotes] too?
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.