The relationships we have in life in the form of family, friends, and cousins are the ones that will make it worth living for in the end.
Our family is the one that gives us unconditional love, and sometimes we get lucky to get a few cousins. As a bonus in life, we get to choose some special people we'd like to spend time with known as friends.
Without even one of them, life would not be the same. Cousins become our early playmates with whom we learn to socialize outside of our immediate family. They become the ones who you will bond with, over time during your holiday visits, someone outside your family who you might look up to if they're older or you'll take care of if they're younger. They are the friends you don't choose but end up being the ones who stay forever. And we express our love by supporting each other, having fun, listening to their stories, and just being for the ride we call life.
Friends, on the other hand, will be the ones who we get along with when we realize they listen to the same music, watch the same type of movies, read similar books, or they happened to wear the same colored clothes that day in school. Friendship just happens. There are no rules, and you hang out with the ones whose company you enjoy the most. And these people make going through the ups and downs of life a little easier. Cherish them.
To celebrate all of them, we've brought you some of the best cousin quotes, including quotes about baby cousins, that describe our relationship with all of them. After that, check out our family tree quotes and funny sibling quotes.
Quotes About Cousins Love
Cousins are the bonus siblings we get in our lives to make it more fun. Here are some cousin quotes and sayings.
1. "Cousins are friends that will love you forever."
2. "Every man sees in his relatives, and especially in his cousins, a series of grotesque caricatures of himself."
-H. L. Mencken.
3. "Cousins are childhood playmates who grow up to be forever friends."
4. "Cousin to cousin we’ll always be, Special friends from the same family tree."
5. "The love between cousins knows no distance."
6. "Friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the cousins together."
7. "Cousins are not those we do not know but instead part of a family that also provide support and comfort."
8. "In my cousin, I find a second self."
9. "A cousin is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost."
-Marion C. Garretty.
10. "Treasure your cousins, they were your first friends and will love you forever."
11. "Cousins are those rare people who ask how we are and then wait to hear the answer."
12. "Cousin by blood, friends by choice."
13. "Cousins are people that are ready-made friends, you have laughs with them and remember good times from a young age, you have fights with them but you always know you love each other, they are a better thing than brothers and sisters and friends cause they're all pieced together as one."
14. "Win, lose, or draw, you're all my cousins and I love you."
15. "Time passes and we may be apart, but cousins always stay close at heart."
16. "Within our family there was no such thing as a person who did not matter. Second cousins thrice removed mattered."
17. "Friends are forever; Cousins are for life."
18. "Born as a cousin, made as a friend."
19. "Any day spent with my cousin is always my favorite day."
20. "Cousins are cool to see, impossible to forget and true to your heart."
Quotes About Cousins Being Like Sisters
Cousins sometimes end up being the sibling sister we never had. Check out these cousin quotes and see if you can relate.
21. "You are the sister I got to choose."
22. "I always call my cousin because we’re so close. We're almost like sisters, and we're also close because our moms are sisters."
23. "Cousins are Sisters you never had."
24. "Cousins, because parents couldn’t handle us as sisters."
25. "You will always be… the sister of my soul, the friend of my heart."
Funny Quotes About Cousins
It's always a fun time when we hang around with our cousins. Enjoy these cousin quotes and share with your cousins.
26. "God made us cousins as He knew our mothers could not handle us as siblings."
27. "A cousin a day keeps the boredom away."
28. "Cousins are the best friends that will stomp through the mud with you as a child and hold your hand as an adult."
29. "At Christmas, Cousins are the presents under the tree."
30. "Nobody will understand the craziness of your family quite like your cousins."
Quotes About Cousins Who Are Like Brothers
Cousin brothers are the real meaning of 'brother from another mother'. Read on for great cousin quotes.
31. "Love my family, but my favorite are my cousins. Love you cuz."
32. "Cousin to cousin we will always be a couple of nuts off the family tree."
33. "Cousins are connected heart to heart, neither distance nor time can break them apart. A real cousin is someone who walks in when the rest of the world walks out."
34. "Being related to me is really the only gift you need. Just saying."
35. "Yes, we are aware of how obnoxious we are when we are together. No, we don't care."
Quotes About Cousins Being Your Best Friends
Cousins are the best friends you have from the beginning till the end. Read these cousin quotes and share with the cousins who are your best friends.
36. "Our roots say we're cousins. Our hearts say we're friends."
37. "We're best of friends. Nobody's got your back like your cousin."
38. "Cousins are many. Best friends are few. What a rare delight to find both in you."
39. "You are the friend that God connected to me by family."
Quotes About Family Love
Our first blessing in life as soon as we arrive in this world is our family. These quotes could be used to tell your cousins how much you love them.
40. "Think of your family today and every day thereafter, don't let the busy world of today keep you from showing how much you love and appreciate your family."
41. "A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it."
-George A. Moore.
42. "A family is a risky venture, because the greater the love, the greater the loss… That's the trade-off. But I'll take it all."
43. "The family – that dear octopus from whose tentacles we never quite escape, nor, in our inmost hearts, ever quite wish to."
44. "The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life."
45. "My mother used to tell me that when push comes to shove, you always know who to turn to. That being a family isn't a social construct but an instinct."
46. "When everything goes to hell, the people who stand by you without flinching–they are your family."
47. "Being a family means you are a part of something very wonderful. It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life."
48. "So much of what is best in us is bound up in our love of family, that it remains the measure of our stability because it measures our sense of loyalty."
49. "The most important thing in the world is family and love."
50. "Everyone needs a house to live in, but a supportive family is what builds a home."
51. "Families are the compass that guides us. They are the inspiration to reach great heights, and our comfort when we occasionally falter."
52. "You don't choose your family. They are God’s gift to you, as you are to them."
53. "There is no doubt that it is around the family and the home that all the greatest virtues, the most dominating virtues of human, are created, strengthened and maintained."
-Winston S. Churchill.
54. "Family faces are magic mirrors. Looking at people who belong to us, we see the past, present, and future."
-Gail Lumet Buckley.
55. "In family life, love is the oil that eases friction, the cement that binds closer together, and the music that brings harmony."
Quotes About Friendship
The most profound type of love is friendship, as it is something we consciously decide to keep. These quotes also make good cousin quotes as your cousins are your first friends.
56. "Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It's not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything."
57. "There's nothing like a really loyal, dependable, good friend. Nothing."
58. "A true friend is someone who is there for you when he'd rather be anywhere else."
59. "Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart."
60. "There is nothing on this earth more to be prized than true friendship."
61. "Tis the privilege of friendship to talk nonsense, and to have her nonsense respected."
62. "When the world is so complicated, the simple gift of friendship is within all of our hands."
63. "One of the most beautiful qualities of true friendship is to understand and to be understood."
-Lucius Annaeus Seneca.
64. "A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down."
-Arnold H. Glasgow.
65. "The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart."
66. "Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for cousin quotes, then why not take a look at funny family quotes or blood quotes.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.