At times when we are on the verge of creating our best piece of art, pouring our heart and soul in the process, we might just need that last nudge to make it perfect.
These quotes by some of the biggest names from various creative fields might help you find that missing piece for your own creation. Art is, after all, all about inspiration.
Nothing should restrict you when it comes to creativity. There are no rules to be followed, and you don't create art specifically for a certain audience. Your creation is your thoughts put together in the form of art for others to witness and appreciate.
We can use all kinds of inspiration to stimulate our creativity, including inspirational quotes. That is why we have gathered a list of inspirational quotes about creativity to inspire your art and design creation.
Albert Einstein Quotes About Creativity
Albert Einstein has offered us plenty of inspirational quotes about creativity. Which of these inspirational quotes from Albert Einstein will inspire your newest creation?
1. "A person who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
2. "A happy man is too satisfied with the present to dwell too much on the future."
3. "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better."
4. "It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge."
5. "The monotony and solitude of a quiet life stimulates the creative mind."
6. "I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination."
7. "Know where to find the information and how to use it. That's the secret of success."
8. "The important thing is to not stop questioning."
9. "A society's competitive advantage will come not from how well its schools teach the multiplication and periodic tables, but from how well they stimulate imagination and creativity."
10. "Creativity is the residue of time wasted."
11. "Creativity is intelligence having fun."
12. "Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions."
13. "Curiosity has its own reason for existing."
14. "Creativity is contagious. Pass it on."
15. "Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world."
16. "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."
17. "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them."
18. "If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it."
19. "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
20. "I never made one of my discoveries through the process of rational thinking."
Inspirational Quotes About Creating Change
These inspirational quotes show us exactly why change is one of the most important things that we are creating every day.
21. "There is nothing permanent except change."
22. "True life is lived when tiny changes occur."
23. "Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced."
24. "Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change."
-Wayne W. Dyer.
25. "All great changes are preceded by chaos."
26. "I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination."
27. "Change is inevitable. Growth is optional."
28. "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world."
29. "You never change your life until you step out of your comfort zone; change begins at the end of your comfort zone."
-Roy T. Bennett.
30. "Sometimes it's the smallest decisions that can change your life forever."
31. "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often."
32. "The first step toward change is awareness. The second step is acceptance."
33. "If you do not change direction, you might end up where you are heading."
34. "When we are no longer able to change a situation - we are challenged to change ourselves."
-Viktor E. Frankl.
35. "The secret of change is to focus all of your energy not on fighting the old, but on building the new."
36. "All things are difficult before they are easy."
37. "If you don't use your power for positive change, you are indeed part of the problem."
-Coretta Scott King.
38. "The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance."
39. "The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
40. "The greatest discovery of all time is that a person can change his future by merely changing his attitude."
Famous Quotes About Creating Art
The experience of creating art is a truly magical one. Celebrate your latest creation with these inspirational quotes about art and design.
41. "Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art."
42. "Everybody born comes from the Creator trailing wisps of glory. We come from the Creator with creativity. I think that each one of us is born with creativity."
43. "Art is not what you see, but what you make others see."
44. "I think of art as the highest level of creativity. To me, it is one of the greatest sources of enjoyment."
45. "Creative thinking inspires ideas. Ideas inspire change."
46. "The job of the artist is always to deepen the mystery."
47. "Art is a collaboration between God and the artist, and the less the artist does the better."
48. "Art is not a mirror held up to reality, but a hammer with which to shape it."
49. "Art is the stored honey of the human soul."
50. "I am seeking. I am striving. I am in it with all my heart."
-Vincent van Gogh.
51. "In art, what we want is the certainty that one spark of original genius shall not be extinguished."
52. "The position of the artist is humble. He is essentially a channel."
53. "The creative act, the defeat of habit by originality, overcomes everything."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson.
54. "Art is magical, but it’s not magic. It’s a neurological product, and we can study this neurological product the same way we study other complex processes such as language."
55. "Life is art. Art is life. I never separate it."
56. "The artist has one function–to affirm and glorify life."
-W. Edward Brown.
57. "I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn’t say any other way – things I had no words for."
58. "A work of art which isn’t based on feeling isn’t art at all."
59. "Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time."
60. "Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his own nature into his pictures."
-Henry Ward Beecher.
Inspirational Quotes About Creativity
The experience of creating something is truly magical, as shown by these inspirational quotes about creativity. It is hard to imagine creativity quotes as inspiring as these.
61. "A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art."
62. "There is no doubt that creativity is the most important human resource of all. Without creativity, there would be no progress, and we would be forever repeating the same patterns."
-Edward de Bono.
63. "Creativity is more than just being different... Making the simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity."
64. "Creativity has got to start with humanity and when you're a human being, you feel, you suffer."
65. "Artists are just children who refuse to put down their crayons."
66. "Creativity is seeing something that doesn't exist already. You need to find out how you can bring it into being and that way be a playmate with God."
67. "It is only when we are no longer fearful that we begin to create."
-J. M. W. Turner.
68. "Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine, and at last, you create what you will."
-George Bernard Shaw.
69. "Creativity itself doesn't care at all about results - the only thing it craves is the process."
70. "If you as a designer don’t believe in your design and don't see it beyond the context of the film but as a real creature in a real world then how can you expect the audience to believe it?"
71. "It's impossible to explain creativity. It's like asking a bird, 'How do you fly?' You just do."
-Eric Jerome Dickey.
72. "Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working."
73. "Necessity is the mother of invention, it is true, but its father is creativity, and knowledge is the midwife."
74. "Creativity can solve almost any problem."
75. "Every artist was first an amateur."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson.
76. "Conditions for creativity are to be puzzled; to concentrate; to accept conflict and tension; to be born everyday; to feel a sense of self."
77. "Creative activity could be described as a type of learning process where teacher and pupil are located in the same individual."
78. "I started painting as a hobby when I was little. I didn’t know I had any talent. I believe talent is just a pursued interest. Anybody can do what I do."
79. "Creativity is just connecting things. When you ask creative people how they did something, they feel a little guilty because they didn't really do it, the just saw something. It seemed obvious to them after a while."
80. "A true artist is not one who is inspired, but one who inspires others."
Famous Quotes About Creativity And Art
Here are some amazing art quotes about creativity and art for those who love creating and turning an idea into reality.
81. "The most important thing about intellectual property vs. creative expression is that copyright law was created not to stifle creativity but to encourage creativity."
82. "If you want creativity, take a zero off your budget. If you want sustainability, take off two zeros."
83. "Passion is one great force that unleashes creativity, because if you’re passionate about something, then you’re more willing to take risks."
84. "Creativity comes from trust. Trust your instincts. And never hope more than you work."
-Rita Mae Brown.
85. "Art evokes the mystery without which the world would not exist."
86. "The artist never entirely knows — We guess. We may be wrong, but we take leap after leap in the dark."
-Agnes de Mille.
87. "The reason that art is valuable is precisely why I can't tell you how to do it. If there were a map, there'd be no art, because art is the act of navigating without a map."
88. "Creativity is an energy. It's a precious energy, and it's something to be protected. A lot of people take for granted that they're a creative person, but I know from experience, feeling it in myself, it is a magic; it is an energy."
89. "Art reaches its greatest peak when devoid of self-consciousness. Freedom discovers man the moment he loses concern over what impression he is making or about to make."
90. "To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it."
91. "Creativity is essentially a lonely art. An even lonelier struggle. To some a blessing. To others a curse."
92. "Creativity belongs to the artist in each of us. To create means to relate. The root meaning of the word art is 'to fit together' and we all do this every day. Not all of us are painters but we are all artists."
93. "To copy the truth can be a good thing, but to invent the truth is better, much better."
94. "The object isn’t to make art, it’s to be in that wonderful state which makes art inevitable."
95. "The true use of art is, first, to cultivate the artist’s own spiritual nature."
96. "Creativity is not the finding of a thing, but the making something out of it after it is found."
-James Russell Lowell.
97. "Creative work is not a selfish act or a bid for attention on the part of the actor. It's a gift to the world and every being in it. Don't cheat us of your contribution."
98. "I firmly believe that all human beings have access to extraordinary energies and powers. Judging from accounts of mystical experience, heightened creativity, or exceptional performance by athletes and artists, we harbor a greater life than we know."
99. "When I say artist I mean the one who is building things… some with a brush – some with a shovel – some choose a pen."
100. "Creativity is a habit, and the best creativity is the result of good work habits."
102. "Creativity is bound up in our ability to find new ways around old problems."
103. "Creativity is piercing the mundane to find the marvelous."
104. "The whole culture is telling you to hurry, while the art tells you to take your time. Always listen to the art."
105. "Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes, and having fun."
-Mary Lou Cook.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for 105 of the best quotes about creating to inspire your inner artist, then why not take a look at these craft quotes or [quotes about dreaming big] too?
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.