Fake friends are those who are very sweet in front when they're around but they aren't nice behind your back. One should get rid of such fake friendship and a fake friend or false friend. Fake friends and fake people will try to impress you through their sugar coated conversations on all occasions.
We have plenty of fake friends quotes to guide you when you have fake friends in your life. Some of the examples of best fake friends quotes are, "we fear our enemy but the bigger and real fear is that of a fake friend who is sweetest to your face and most vile behind your back,", "fake friends are around you when they think you are cool. True friends are around you even when they think you are a fool," and "being too nice is a crime today. Fake friends are everywhere around you. They will use you and when you are of no use, throw you away like a wrapper." Our lists of fake friends quotes will open your eyes to fake friendship.
If you like our lists of fake friend quotes then also have a look at our articles on [losing friends quotes] and [new friend quotes].
Best Quotes About Fake Friends
There are various signs of fake friends. Some of the most common signs are: fake friends are very selfish; fake friends will form a conditional relationship with you; fake friends will act weirdly after seeing you with other people; fake friends love gossiping and drama; a fake friend is a pathological liar; and a fake friend will do fake things to adore you. Here are some fake friends quotes that will give you an idea on how fake people lie to others. We have complied fake friends quotes and fake people quotes for you, so that you can compare fake friends and real friends. See which fake friend quotes and fake people quotes you can relate to.
1. "A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out."
- Walter Winchell.
2. "In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
- Martin Luther King Jr.
3. "We fear our enemy but the bigger and real fear is that of a fake friend who is sweetest to your face and most vile behind your back."
- Mufti Ismail Menk.
4. "If you’re gonna be two-faced at least make one of them pretty."
- Marilyn Monroe.
5. "The word 'friend' is a label anyone can try on. You decide who is best suited to wear it."
- Carlos Wallace.
6. "An honest enemy is better than a best friend who lies."
- Vandi Tanko.
7. "Some friends are like pennies, two-faced and worthless."
8. "If you want to be my friend, I prefer honesty to fake praise. I was never one to run with the wolves."
- Christina Strigas.
9. "Fake friends are around you when they think you are cool. True friends are around you even when they think you are a fool."
10. "A Fake Friend is an enemy in disguise."
- Ellen J. Barrier.
11. "Fake friends believe in what the rumor tells. True friends believe in what you say."
12. "Chocolate friends may not last any longer than fake ones, but they sure as hell taste better."
- Kevin Brooks.
13. "Always be careful of your friend who loves your enemy; you either trust such a fellow for your life or for your death!"
- Ernest Agyemang Yeboah.
14. "Fake friends are like autumn leaves, they're scattered everywhere."
15. "People who are two-faced, usually forget which mask they are wearing at some point in their life." - Anthony T. Hincks.
16. "Fake friends get mad when we don’t pretend to like them."
- Carlos Wallace.
17. "Be very careful of who you share your problem with, remember that not every friend that smiles at you is your best friend."
- Kemmy Nola.
18. "Friendship is delicate as a glass, once broken it can be fixed but there will always be cracks."
- Waqar Ahmed.
19. "A false friend and a shadow attend only while the sun shines."
- Benjamin Franklin.
20. "A true friend is one who overlooks your failures and tolerates your success!"
- Doug Larson.
21. "A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself."
- Jim Morrison.
22. "Fake people are like costume jewelry: They look great for a while, then all of a sudden, their true selves 'Shine' thru."
- Nitya Prakash.
23. "Fake friends; those who only drill holes under your boat to get it leaking; those who discredit your ambitions and those who pretend they love you, but behind their backs they know they are in to destroy your legacies."
- Israelmore Ayivor.
24. "Life is full of fake peoples but before you decide to judge them, make sure you’re not one of them."
25. "Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down."
- Oprah Winfrey.
26. "You’ll be surrounded by many so-called well-wishers during your good times but there’ll be only a few ones around you in your bad times."
– Anurag Prakash Ray.
27. "The only thing that will make you happy is being happy with who you are, and not who people think you are."
- Goldie Hawn.
28. "Being too nice is a crime today. Fake friends are everywhere around you. They will use you and when you are of no use, throw you away like a wrapper."
29. "Life is too short for fake butter or fake people."
- Karen Salmansohn.
30. "A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down."
- Arnold H. Glasow.
31. "I despise the rituals of fake friendship. I wish we could just claw each other's eyes out and call it a day; instead, we put on huge radiant smiles and spout compliments until our teeth hurt from the saccharine sweetness of it all."
- Jody Gehrman.
32. "I cut fake people faster than Bugatti reaches its 100 miles speed. I often tell myself, this is called 'Art of Living'."
- Rakesh Vemulawada.
33. "Life is all about losing friends, the people you know. So, just that you get better at finding the ones worth suffering for."
- Mohit Kaushik.
Motivational Quotes About Leaving Behind Fake Friends
There are plenty of fake friends and fake people that exist in the world. Our list of fake people quotes and fake friends quotes will offer you eye-opening lessons and motivation. We have compiled the fake friend's quotes and the fake people quotes that are inspired by a fake friend who is left behind because of fake behavior. A few of the examples of such fake friend quotes are "fake friends are like shadows," and "he, who overcomes himself, becomes friends with his inner self. The one who is defeated becomes his own enemy." Fake friends and fake people easily becomes anybody's friends. We hope that you like our fake friend quotes and fake people's quotes.
34. "You don’t lose friends because real friends can never be lost. You lose people masquerading as friends, and you’re better for it."
- Mandy Hale.
35. "Someone who smiles too much with you can sometime frown too much with you at your back."
- Michael Bassey Johnson.
36. "Stop letting people who do so little for you control so much of your mind, feelings, and emotions."
– Will Smith.
37. "Watch who you call friends because friends are the same ones that will leak your business to everyone after y'all not friends anymore."
- Ritu Ghatourey.
38. "True friendship can afford true knowledge. It does not depend on darkness and ignorance."
- Henry David Thereau.
39. "He, who overcomes himself, becomes friends with his inner self. The one who is defeated becomes his own enemy."
– Bhagavad Gita.
40. "You got nothing to lose. You don’t lose when you lose fake friends."
– Joan Jett.
41. "It is only the great-hearted who can be true friends. The mean and cowardly can never know what true friendship means."
- Charles Kingsley.
42. "Friendship is also about liking a person for their failings, their weakness. It’s also about mutual help, not about exploitation."
- Paul Theroux.
43. "Fake friends are like shadows: always near you at your brightest moments, but nowhere to be seen at your darkest hour. True friends are like stars, you don’t always see them but they are always there."
- Habeeb Akande.
44. "Letting go of toxic people in your life is a big step in loving yourself."
- Hussein Nishah.
45. "If you don’t find the right set of eyes to see through your bull, you will always be surrounded by friends that will tell you white lies because they like your company and don’t want to ruin the evening."
- Shannon L. Alder.
46. "A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow."
– William Shakespeare.
47. "What a desperate, pathetic fool I was. Time after time, my "friends" had shown me their true colors. Yet, I still wanted to believe they were sorry for causing me pain."
- Jodee Blanco.
48. "Most people want to see you do better, but not doing better than them."
- London Mond.
49. "An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind."
- The Buddha.
50. "If I had to choose between betraying my country and betraying my friend, I hope I should have the guts to betray my country."
- E.M. Forster.
51. "A woman can forgive a man for the harm he does her…but she can never forgive him for the sacrifices he makes on her account."
- W. Somerset Maugham.
52. "It may...be judged indecent in me to come forward on this occasion; but when I see a fellow-creature about to perish through the cowardice of her pretended friends, I wish to be allowed to speak, that I may say what I know of her character."
- Mary Shelley.
53. "If it comes, let it come...if it goes, it’s ok, let it go. Let things come and go. Stay calm, don’t let anything disturb your peace, and carry on."
- Germany Kent
54. "Always sleep with one eye open. Never take anything for granted. Your best friends might just be your enemies."
- Sara Shepard.
55. "Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value."
– Albert Einstein.
56. "Before you count your friends, make sure you can count on them. Some friends are only around when they want something from you but are never there when you need something from them."
- Rashida Rowe.
57. "The only thing more frustrating than slanderers is those foolish enough to listen to them."
– Chris Jammi.
58. "Fire failure by fighting falsehood. Forget the fears; fix the future; flee from fake friends. There is nothing called a half-truth...whatever looks like a lie is a lie!"
- Israelmore Ayivor.
59. "Time passes and you begin to see, people for who they really are and not who they pretend to be." – Scarlet Koop.
60. "The worst part of success is trying to find someone who is happy for you."
- Bette Midler.
61. "It makes no sense to try to extend a friendship that was only meant to be a season into a lifetime."
- Mandy Hale.
62. "Never give your attention to someone who deserves your silence."
- Emma Xu.
63. "Time alone can prove the worth of friendship. As time goes by we lose the false ones and keep the best. True friends stay when all the rest are gone."
- Ritu Ghatourey.
64. "A friend who stands with you in pressure is more valuable than a hundred ones who stand with you in pleasure."
- Edward G. Bulwer-Lytton.
65. "True friendship is like sound health; the value of it is seldom known until it is lost."
- Charles Caleb Colten.
66. "Stop crossing oceans for people who won’t jump puddles for you."
67. "False friendship, like the ivy, decays and ruins the walls it embraces; but true friendship gives new life and animation to the object it supports."
- Richard Burton.
68. "Friends ask you questions; enemies question you."
- Criss Jami.
69. "It’s hard to tell who has your back, from who has it long enough just to stab you in it."
- Nicole Richie.
70. "I’ve got more respect for someone who comes out and says they don’t like me than for the ones who act like they do but talk bad about me when I’m not around."
- Mitchell Perry.
71. "What I cannot love, I overlook. Is that real friendship?"
- Anais Nin.
72. "Having fake friends is like hugging cactus. The tighter you hug, the more pain you get."
- Riza Prasetyaningsih.
73. "A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down."
- Arnold H. Glasow.
74. "The glory of friendship is not the outstretched hand, nor the kindly smile, nor the joy of companionship; it is the spiritual inspiration that comes to one when you discover that someone else believes in you and is willing to trust you with a friendship."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson.
75. "Folded hands may conceal a dagger, Likewise a foe's tears."
76. "An honest enemy is better than a false friend. When in doubt, pay more attention to what people do and less to what they say. Actions not only speak louder than words, but they are also more difficult to fake."
- Zero Dean.
77. "There is a 100% assurance that what your friend’s enemy tells you about your friend is false. What your failure tells you about your passion is fake. Don’t give up!"
- Israelmore Ayivor.
78. "Fake people have an image to maintain, real people just don't care."
- Hikigaya Hachiman.
79. "Fake relationships and fake people coming up to me and all of a sudden wanting to be my friend."
- Jason Ritter.
80. "People may not always tell you how they feel about you, but they will always show you. Pay attention."
- Keri Hilson.
81. "People think being alone makes you lonely, but I don't think that's true. Being surrounded by the wrong people is the loneliest thing in the world."
- Kim Culbertson.
82. “A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.”
- Walter Winchell.
83. "Fake friends will believe the gossip about you, but real friends know better and stand up for you."
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for quotes about fake friends and real friends then why not take a look at [best friend quotes] or [childhood friends quotes].
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.