Rain is a natural phenomenon that has extreme importance in human society.
In life, many people depend on rain for their livelihood and more. As much as rain can cause happiness, there are times when this phenomenon can cause distress to others.
However, we can all agree that sometimes happiness is simply a walk in the rain or a dance in the rain. We all have gone through that part of our life when rains have come to us as the body of relief. Our mind, soul, and body have all been refreshed by the rain. We all know that on earth without rain, there really would be no life. Without it, there would be major problems for all of us people. So, let us celebrate the rains by going through these rain quotes that also include some rain phrases and one or two cold weather quotes.
For more quotes, take a look at [dancing in the rain quotes] and weather quotes.
Famous Rain Quotes
These are some of the most well-known rain quotes telling us about the importance of this phenomenon to human life. You may just find your favorite quote about the rain here.
1. "Let the rain kiss you. Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops. Let the rain sing you a lullaby."
- Langston Hughes.
2. "Do not be angry with the rain; it simply does not know how to fall upwards."
- Vladimir Nabokov.
3. "Rain is grace; rain is the sky descending to the earth; without rain, there would be no life."
- John Updike.
4. "Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book."
- Bill Watterson.
5. "I like it when it rains hard. It sounds like white noise everywhere, which is like silence but not empty."
- Mark Haddon.
6. "Some people walk in the rain, others just get wet."
- Roger Miller.
7. "Into each life some rain must fall,
Some days must be dark and dreary."
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
8. "There are many things I do for amusement, but for happiness I like to gather up my memories and go for a walk in the rain."
- Robert Breault.
9. "I always like walking in the rain, so no one can see me crying."
- Charlie Chaplin.
10. "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain."
- Vivian Greene.
11. "Every time it rains, the soil counts every drop to know exactly how many times to thank to God!"
- Mehmet Murat Ildan.
12. "If the rain spoils our picnic, but saves a farmer's crop, who are we to say it shouldn't rain?"
- Tom Barrett.
13. "In what language does rain fall over tormented cities?"
- Pablo Neruda.
14. "Rain! whose soft architectural hands have power to cut stones, and chisel to shapes of grandeur the very mountains."
- Henry Ward Beecher.
15. "Here comes the rain again
Falling on my head like a memory."
- Eurythmics, 'Here Comes The Rain Again'.
16. "The rain falls gently down, and slowly fills my cup. This never would have happened, If raindrops all fell up. "
- Tom Batiuk.
17. "If you think it's going to rain, it will."
- Clint Eastwood.
18. "The sound of the rain needs no translation."
- Alan Watts.
19. "After the rain cometh the fair weather."
20. "I have always considered the rain to be healing—a blanket—the comfort of a friend."
- Douglas Coupland.
21. "From where we stand the rain seems random. If we could stand somewhere else, we would see the order in it."
- Tony Hillerman.
22. "The rain fell alike upon the just and upon the unjust, and for nothing was there a why and a wherefore."
- W. Somerset Maugham.
23. "The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain."
- Dolly Parton
24. "Darling, you'll never see me complain
I'll do my crying in the rain."
- Howard Greenfield & Carole King.
25. "The rain began again. It fell heavily, easily, with no meaning or intention but the fulfillment of its own nature, which was to fall and fall."
- Helen Garner.
26. "Rain showers my spirit and waters my soul."
- Emily Logan Decens.
27. "The rain to the wind said,
'You push and I'll pelt.'
They so smote the garden bed,
that the flowers actually knelt,
And lay lodged - though not dead.
I know how the flowers felt."
- Robert Frost.
28. "Rain is not only drops of water. It’s the love of the sky for earth. They never meet each other but sends love this way."
29. "In time of silver rain
The butterflies lift silken wings
To catch a rainbow cry."
- Langston Hughes.
30. "The best thing one can do when it's raining is to let it rain."
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
Funny Rain Quotes
While others might talk about the significance of rain, let's not forget about the humorous side of it.
31. "Rain didn't make things messy. People did that all on their own."
- Barbara Delinsky.
32. "Do not, on a rainy day, ask your child what he feels like doing, because I assure you that what he feels like doing, you won’t feel like watching."
- Fran Lebowitz.
33. "If people were rain, then I was a drizzle and she was a hurricane."
34. "Being soaked alone is cold. Being soaked with your best friend is an adventure."
– Emily Wing Smith.
35. "A rainy day at the beach is better than a sunny day at the office."
36. "Save a boyfriend for a rainy day – and another, in case it doesn’t rain."
- Mae West.
37. "Rain, rain, go away. Come again another day."
- Bobby Vinton.
38. "In Scotland, beautiful as it is, it was always raining. Even when it wasn't raining, it was about to rain, or had just rained."
- Colin Hay
39. "So it’s raining? You’re not sugar you won’t melt… enjoy it!"
40. "Let a smile be your umbrella, and you'll end up with a face full of rain."
- George Carlin
Top Rainy Day Quotes
Quotes on rainy days have been around for a long time and the others before you have loved them. We hope you do to.
41. "The person who deserves most pity is a lonesome one on a rainy day who doesn't know how to read."
- Benjamin Franklin.
42. "I want to know, have you ever seen the rain
Coming down on a sunny day?"
- John Fogerty.
43. "Don't threaten me with love, baby. Let's just go walking in the rain."
- Billie Holiday.
44. "Rain makes bars of light and dark down her face and mine, as if we're inside the jail of it."
- Niall Williams.
45. "A rainy day is the perfect time for a walk in the woods."
- Rachel Carson.
46. "Oh rainy day, come 'round
Sometimes I just want it to slow down."
- Coldplay, 'Rainy Day'.
47. "I want trees and I want frequent rain."
- Murray Morgan
48. "You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too. That's a part of it."
- Denzel Washington.
49. "A rainy day is a special gift to readers."
- Amy Miles.
50. "One can find so many pains when the rain is falling."
- John Steinbeck.
51. "The rain is ever falling, drip, drip, drip, by day and night, upon the broad flagged terrace-pavement."
- Charles Dickens.
52. "Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon."
- Susan Ertz.
Awesome Raining Quotes
We love to watch the rains pour. Here are some quotes on raining.
53. "If you want to see a rainbow you have to learn to see the rain."
- Paulo Coelho.
54. "It always rains on tents. Rainstorms will travel thousands of miles, against prevailing winds for the opportunity to rain on a tent."
- Dave Barry.
55. "Nature looks more beautiful in the rain."
- Melissa Harrison.
56. "It wasn't raining when Noah built the ark."
- Howard Ruff.
57. "Sometimes we rain on our own parade just by failing to rein in our emotions."
- Curtis Tyrone Jones.
58. "There is nothing quite like the smell of rain on a grass field after a sunny spell."
- Fuad Alakbarov
59. "No umbrella’s color matters under torrential rain!"
- Mehmet Murat Ildan.
60. "I believe in running through the rain and crashing into the person you love."
- Billy Bob Thornton.
61."I'm singin' in the rain, just singin' in the rain
What a glorious feeling I'm happy again."
- Arthur Freed, 'Singing In The Rain'.
62. "Heaven opened and the water hammered down, reviving the reluctant old well, greenmossing the pigless pigsty, carpet bombing still, tea-colored puddles the way memory bombs still, tea-colored minds."
- Arundhati Roy.
63. "I think fish is nice, but then I think that rain is wet, so who am I to judge?"
- Douglas Adams.
64. "And when it rains on your parade, look up rather than down. Without the rain, there would be no rainbow."
- Gilbert K. Chesterton.
65. "If it is cloudy and raining, there are clouds and rain in my soul."
- Jerzy Kosinski.
66. "The rain is falling ever harder and all I can hear is the sound of the water."
- Paulo Coelho.
67. "The rain is falling all around, it falls on field and tree. It rains on the umbrellas here, and on the ships at sea."
- Robert Louis Stevenson.
68. "You feel like it’s going to rain."
- Naomi Novik.
69. "Let us keep the dance of rain our fathers kept and tread our dreams beneath the jungle sky."
- Arna Bontemps.
70. "It will never rain roses: when we want to have more roses we must plant more trees."
- George Eliot.
71. "Don't pray when it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines."
- Satchel Paige.
72. "It is best to read the weather forecast before praying for rain."
- Mark Twain.
73. "It started to rain and we just sat. Sat and watched the rain in silence."
- Benjamin Alire Sáenz.
74. "It was raining cats and dogs, and I fell in a poodle."
- Charles A. Murray.
75. "Rain, feel it on my fingertips
Hear it on my window pane."
Quotes About Rain
Rain has been used for comparison in literature, philosophy, and other fields of life. Check out these quotes on the rain.
76. "Several years later, from a taxi, you will see someone in a doorway who looks like her, but she will be gone by the time you persuade the driver to stop. You will never see her again. Whenever it rains you will think of her."
- Neil Gaiman.
77. "If you are a good student of life, wisdom becomes your rain, falling heavily on your mind!"
- Mehmet Murat Ildan.
78. "There is no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather."
- John Ruskin.
79. "Rain has the power to hypnotize."
- Haruki Murakami.
80. "Criticism, like rain, should be gentle enough to nourish a man's growth without destroying his roots."
- Frank A. Clark.
81. "A light rain touches my cheek like an angel's butterfly kisses."
- Amanda Mosher.
82. "Every storm runs out of rain."
83. "I am like the rain: I go where I'm needed."
- Alejandro Jodorowsky.
84. "Rain is as romantic as roses, and as easily overdone."
- Cynthia Barnett.
85. "Worrying is stupid. It's like walking around with an umbrella waiting for it to rain."
- Wiz Khalifa.
86. "If there is one righteous person the rain falls for his sake."
- Gautama Buddha.
87. "Those who hate rain hate life."
- Dejan Stojanovic.
88. "I love the smell of rain and growing things."
- Serina Hernandez.
89. "No person has the right to rain on your dreams."
- Marian Wright Edelman.
90. "Love like rain, can nourish from above, drenching couples with a soaking joy."
- Paulo Coelho.
Rain And Cloud Quotes
Rains and cloud are always connected with each other and these quotes are a testament to that:
91. "Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky."
- Rabindranath Tagore.
92. "Without the frown of clouds and lightning, the vines would be burned by the smiling sun."
93. "God is a cloud from which rain fell."
- Dejan Stojanovic.
94. "All birds find shelter during a rain. But eagle avoids rain by flying above the clouds. Problems are common, but attitude makes the difference."
- A. P. J. Abdul Kalam.
95."I embraced a cloud, but when I soared it rained."
- Frank O'Hara.
96. "Rain is a lullaby heard through a thick, isolating blanket of clouds."
- Richelle E. Goodrich.
97. "I felt the dampness on my garments, But saw no spot, and heard no sound of rain."
- Bai Juyi.
98. "Clouds send rain only to quench the parched earth. In such giving, there is little space for selfishness."
99. "Raindrops are not the ones who bring the clouds."
- Sorin Cerin.
100. "Complaints are like the clouds that produce no rain no matter how thick they gather."
- Israelmore Ayivor.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for rain quotes then why not take a look at cold weather quotes, or cloud quotes.
*Do you know where this quote originated? Let us know at email@example.com!
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.