Raising children quotes are all about the unconditional love of parents for their children.
The unmatchable joys of becoming parents is priceless. And especially the sleepless nights, belly-aching laughs, and many more endless memories which are worth reminiscing in different ways.
Raising children and instilling good ethical, mental, personal and physical attitudes in children is necessary and so is finding some inspiration to excel at this incredibly difficult task in the best possible way, to swap lows with highs. This selfless, unconditional love and nurturing is what turns a bud into a blossoming flower. Here are some great quotes about parenting which are a set of words of wisdom that talk about the struggle and dedication of parents towards their kids.
If you love what you read, then check out [funny family quotes] and [parents' quotes].
Inspirational Quotes About Raising Children
Here are raising child quotes to set you on the unconditional path of parenthood. These are some great quotes about parenting and raising children.
1. "The way we talk to our children becomes their inner voice."
- Peggy O'Mara.
2. "'Raising' children is primarily a matter of teaching them what games to play. Different cultures and different social classes favor different types of games, and various tribes and families favor different variations of these."
- Eric Berne, 'Games People Play'.
3. "It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men."
- Frederick Douglass.
4. "Saying 'no' to your children, when appropriate, is an act of love."
- Frank Sonnenberg, 'Listen To Your Conscience'.
5. "The difference between a child who is taught piano from the force, even with 'good' intentions, is in stark contrast to a child who feels deeply inspired to learn music."
- Tara Bianca, 'The Flower Of Heaven'.
6. "The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life. Rarely do members of one family grow up under the same roof."
- Richard Bach, 'Illusions'.
7. "I hope and pray that all you parents, in the sound of my voice, will train up your children in the way they should go."
- Charles Portis, 'True Grit'.
8. "Children are educated by what the grown-up is and not by his talk."
- Carl Jung.
9. "The beauty of motherhood is in the folds and creases of our lives, the grimaces, and tantrums, the moments when we have to grit our teeth to get through when we pound on windows and yell and scream and demand better of each other and ourselves."
- Robyn Passante.
10. "When a parent leaves their baby to cry on its own, aloneness and separation is imparted."
- Tara Bianca, 'The Flower Of Heaven'.
11. "If you bungle raising your children, I don't think whatever else you do matters very much."
- Jackie Kennedy.
Quotes About Being A Parent
If you have stepped into the world of parenthood, then you should definitely enter this destination for the best new parents' quotes.
12. "Your kids require you most of all to love them for who they are, not to spend your whole time trying to correct them."
- Bill Ayers.
13. "If you had been born as your parents, you would have made the same choices that they did and had been as stuck as they were."
- Tara Bianca, 'The Flower Of Heaven'.
14. "Children should have enough freedom to be themselves - once they've learned the rules."
- Anna Quindlen.
15. "I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father's protection."
- Sigmund Freud.
16. "Don't worry that children never listen to you; worry that they are always watching you."
- Robert Fulghum.
17. "Each day of our lives, we make deposits in the memory banks of our children."
- Charles R. Swindoll.
18. "Everyone should have kids. They are the greatest joy in the world. But they are also terrorists. You'll realize this as soon as they're born, and they start using sleep deprivation to break you."
- Ray Romano.
19. "If you've never been hated by your child, you've never been a parent."
- Bette Davis.
20. "Children aren't coloring books. You don't get to fill them with your favorite colors."
– Khaled Hosseini.
21. "We must teach our children to dream with their eyes open."
- Harry Edwards.
22. "If you want children to keep their feet on the ground, put some responsibility on their shoulders."
- Abigail Van Buren.
Single Mom Quotes
Quote on raising children single-handedly are inspiring, as are those who manage to raise children by themselves, the real heroes.
23. "My mother protected me from the world, and my father threatened me with it."
- Quentin Crisp.
24. "At the end of the day, the most overwhelming key to a child's success is the positive involvement of parents."
- Jane D. Hull.
25. "I don't think it matters how many parents you've got, as long as those who are around make their presence a good one."
- Elizabeth Wurtzel.
26. "A mother is a child's first looking glass into the world."
- Richelle E. Goodrich, 'Smile Anyway'.
27. "I didn't plan on being a single mom, but you have to deal with the cards you are dealt the best way you can."
- Tichina Arnold.
28. "Just because I am a single mother doesn't mean I cannot be a success."
- Yvonne Kaloki.
29. "Being raised by a single mother, I learned to appreciate and value independent women."
- Kenny Conley.
30. "I am prouder of my years as a single mother than of any other part of my life."
- J.K. Rowling.
31. "Being a single parent is not a life full of struggles, but a journey for the strong."
- Meg Lowrey.
32. "I want to show the example that you can be a single mother and work and handle a lot of other things at the same time."
- Christina Milian.
33. "As a single mum, you'll discover inner strengths and capabilities you never knew you had."
- Emma-Louise Smith.
Quotes About Having Kids
Here are some quotes about raising and nurturing kids with lots of motivation stuffed within.
34. "My children are the reason I laugh, smile, and want to get up every morning."
- Gena Lee Nolin.
35. "My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person; he believed in me."
- Jim Valvano.
36. "I have found the best way to give advice to your children is to find out what they want and then advise them to do it."
- Harry S Truman.
37. "One thing I had learned from watching chimpanzees with their infants is that having a child should be fun."
- Jane Goodall.
38. "No one has yet realized the wealth of sympathy, the kindness, and generosity hidden in the soul of a child. The effort of every true education should be to unlock that treasure."
- Emma Goldman.
39. "I don't know what's more exhausting about parenting: the getting up early or acting like you know what you're doing."
- Jim Gaffigan, 'Dad Is Fat'.
40. "Children require guidance and sympathy far more than instruction."
- Anne Sullivan.
41. "A child is an uncut diamond."
- Austin O'Malley.
42. "Having kids — the responsibility of rearing good, kind, ethical, responsible human beings — is the biggest job anyone can embark on."
- Maria Shriver.
43. "The truth about parenting is that the reality of our lives needs to be enough."
- Jessica Valenti, 'Why Have Kids?'.
44. "We may not be able to prepare the future for our children, but we can at least prepare our children for the future."
- Franklin D. Roosevelt.
Quotes About Children
These children quotes are all for kids as they absolutely illustrate the peaceful lives of children. Here are some quotes for people searching for children quotes or even ways to inspire their children as these are very inspiring and worth being the quote of the day.
45. "The best way to make children good is to make them happy."
- Oscar Wilde.
46. "Children are likely to live up to what you believe of them."
- Lady Bird Johnson.
47. "You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance."
- Franklin P. Jones.
48. "Children have one kind of silliness, as you know, and grown-ups have another kind."
- C.S. Lewis.
49. "The soul is healed by being with children."
- Fyodor Dostoevsky.
50. "It always gave me a peculiar feeling to catch a glimpse of my parents' lives before I was born."
- Robert Drewe, 'The Shark Net'.
51. "Pretty much all the honest truth-telling there is in the world is done by children."
- Oliver Wendell Holmes.
52. "Adults are just outdated children."
- Dr. Seuss.
53. "Children find everything in nothing; men find nothing in everything."
- Giacomo Leopardi, 'Zibaldone Di Pensieri'.
54. "There are no seven wonders of the world in the eyes of a child. There are seven million."
- Walt Streightiff.
55. "We spend the first year of a child's life teaching it to walk and talk and the rest of its life to shut up and sit down. There's something wrong there."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for raising children quotes, then why not take a look at [funny parenting quotes] or [new mom quotes]?
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.