Recycling is the method of converting waste material into a usable item.
Recycling has many positive effects on the environment. One of the most important effects of recycling is reduction in pollution.
Many environmentalists are now actively encouraging people to practice the process of recycling. They hold campaigns to promote such issues where they use famous slogans like 'Reduce, Reuse, Recycle' to influence others. The main reason for promoting recycling on such a large scale is to save the reserves of the world, which are gradually depleting, for our future generations. It also reduces the amount of unnecessary wastage and allows a product to be used to its fullest extent before throwing anything away. Here you will find many recycling quotes that will inspire you to waste less and save more.
Check out climate change quotes and [mother nature quotes] articles too.
Famous Quotes About Recycling
Check out the quotations about recycling that include a variety of funny recycling quotes, popular recycling quotes and influential recycling quotes.
1. "Societies only have waste products while acquiring fresh raw material remains a cheaper option than recycling."
- Peter F. Hamilton.
2. "We live in a disposable society. It’s easier to throw things out than to fix them. We even give it a name – we call it recycling."
- Neil LaBute.
3. "The recycling in my house was imposed by my kids."
- Antonio Banderas.
4. "We were in recycling before recycling was cool."
- Anthony Pratt.
5. "When you put the whole picture together, recycling is the right thing to do."
6. "Listen up, you couch potatoes: each recycled beer can saves enough electricity to run a television for three hours."
- Denis Hayes.
7. "If it can’t be reduced, reused, repaired, rebuilt, refurbished, refinished, resold, recycled, or composted, then it should be restricted, designed or removed from production."
- Pete Seeger.
8. "My mom is a recycling nut, and I always bring a bag to the grocery store."
- Jane Levy.
9. "There is no such thing as 'away'. When we throw anything away it must go somewhere."
- Annie Leonard.
10. "If you want grown-ups to recycle, just tell their kids the importance of recycling, and they'll be all over it."
- Bill Nye.
11. "Recycling is an area where jobs could be created at low cost. Green collar workers."
- Geoff Mulgan.
Sustainability Quotes For Recycling
Here is a list of sustainability quotes that show the importance of recycling for nurturing our environment and save the planet. Take a look at these recycling quotes.
12. "Waste does not exist in nature because ecosystems reuse everything that grows in a never-ending cycle of efficiency and purpose."
- Frans van Houten.
13. "It makes a big difference to recycle. It makes a big difference to use recycled products. It makes a big difference to reuse things, to not use the paper cup – and each time you do, that’s a victory."
- Emily Deschanel.
14. "If recycling is the future, then we must focus our efforts on mitigating negative impacts to our community while protecting our environment."
- Tony Cardenas.
15. "Recycling, packaging, businesses are changing all of those things because that’s what consumers want."
- Jerry Greenfield.
16. "Recycling old buildings to show art is very important."
- Agnes Gund.
17. "Water efficiency, recycling, and other local supplies will help California flourish in a drier future."
- Frances Beinecke.
18. "The purpose – where I start – is the idea of use. It is not recycling, it’s reuse."
- Issey Miyake.
19. "While recycling is great in a lot of ways, the ultimate goal is to get people to prevent waste in the first place."
- McKenzie Jones.
20. "Recycling is what we do when we're out of options to avoid, repair, or reuse the product first. Firstly: Reduce. Don't buy what we don't need. Repair: Fix stuff that still has life in it. Reuse: Share. Then, only when you've exhausted those options, recycle."
- Annie Leonard.
Best Recycle Quotes
Here you will find some of the best recycling quotes that will help in the waste management process of society.
21. "I’m mad keen on recycling because I’m worried about the next generation and where all this waste we’re producing is going. It has to stop. I wash out my plastic containers and recycle envelopes, everything I possibly can."
- Cherie Lunghi.
22. "I like to take out the recycling because I actually feel like I’m doing something."
- Mike Quigley.
23. "A smart city cannot be imagined without proper recycling."
- Rajnath Singh.
24. "It's like recycling: selling old clothes to help make new ones."
- Erin O'Connor.
25. "It started as a selfish act and has turned into a way of life. I can't stand to watch someone throw anything away that belongs in my green bin."
- Jen Hatmaker.
26. "Reusing what you already have has always been green – from clothes to boxes to glass jars from the supermarket."
- Rachel Boston.
Impactful Quotes About Recycling
We can recycle anything we want and reuse it. Check out some of the most famous recycling quotes to get inspired.
27. " If you're not buying recycled products, you're not really recycling."
- Ed Begley, Jr.
28. "In my family we've always been into ethical stuff and recycling."
- Bonnie Wright.
29. "Pollution is nothing but the resources we are not harvesting. We allow them to be dispersed because we've been ignorant of their value."
- R. Buckminster Fuller.
30. "For me, green is more about cycling than recycling."
- Giles Deacon.
31. "My hobby of not attending meetings about recycling saves more energy than your hobby of recycling."
- John McCarthy.
32. "We’re all concerned about sustainable energy. If we could recycle waste heat to generate energy, we could use it for something useful."
- Mildred Dresselhaus.
33. "A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy."
- John Sawhill.
34. "Recycling more plastics can help local businesses and expand jobs while supporting the goals of sustainability."
- Kevin de Leon.
35. "I would rather see us recycle fewer things well, than more things poorly."
- David Allaway.
36. "A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy."
- John Sawhill.
37. "All the human and animal manure which the world wastes, if returned to the land, instead of being thrown into the sea, would suffice to nourish the world."
- Victor Hugo.
Popular Quotes On Nature
Below is a list of earth quotes and environment quotes that talk about the role of people towards society and how their main goal should be waste management for the betterment of nature.
38. "Let us give Nature a chance; she knows her business better than we do."
- Michel Eyquem de Montaigne.
39. "Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts."
40. "We are living on this planet as if we have another one to go to."
- Terry Swearingen.
41. "The greatest threat to our planet is the belief that someone else will save it."
- Robert Swan.
42. "The environment is where we all meet; where we all have a mutual interest; it is the one thing all of us share."
- Bird Johnson.
43. "I only feel angry when I see waste. When I see people throwing away things we could use."
- Mother Teresa.
44. "We won’t have a society if we destroy the environment."
- Margaret Mead.
45. "I don't understand why when we destroy something created by man we call it vandalism, but when we destroy something by nature we call it progress."
- Ed Begley Jr.
46. "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
- Margaret Mead.
47. "The Earth is in a death spiral. It will take radical action to save us."
- George Monbiot.
48. "Environment is no one’s property to destroy; it’s everyone’s responsibility to protect."
- Mohith Agadi.
49. "At its core, the issue of a clean environment is a matter of public health."
- Gina McCarthy.
50. "Environmentally friendly cars will soon cease to be an option … they will become a necessity."
51. "The only way forward, if we are going to improve the quality of the environment, is to get everybody involved."
- Richard Rogers.
52. "Our planet’s alarm is going off, and it is time to wake up and take action!"
- Leonardo DiCaprio.
Climate Change Quotes By Inspirational Leaders
Climate change at present is a major issue causing many problems in the world. These quotes on climate change will inspire you to be eco-friendly.
53. "We are the first generation to feel the effect of climate change and the last generation who can do something about it."
- Barack Obama.
54. "Climate change increasingly poses one of the biggest long-term threats to investments."
- Christiana Figueres.
55. "Climate change is real. It is happening right now, it is the most urgent threat facing our entire species and we need to work collectively together and stop procrastinating."
- Leonardo DiCaprio.
56. "People of conscience need to break their ties with corporations financing the injustice of climate change."
- Desmond Tutu.
57. "We don’t have time to sit on our hands as our planet burns. For young people, climate change is bigger than election or re-election. It’s life or death."
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.
58. "The climate crisis has already been solved. We already have the facts and solutions. All we have to do is wake up and change."
- Greta Thunberg.
59. "The time for seeking global solutions is running out. We can find suitable solutions only if we act together and in agreement."
- Pope Francis.
60. "Although the magnitude of climate change may make individuals feel helpless, individual action is critical for meaningful change."
- Mia Armstrong.
61. "It’s not climate change that needs to be tackled. It is the political power of the fossil fuel industry."
- Richard Denniss.
62. "Climate change is the greatest threat to our existence in our short history on this planet. Nobody’s going to buy their way out of its effects."
- Mark Ruffalo.
63. "We’ve been given a warning by science and a wake-up call by nature; it is up to us now to heed them."
- Bill McKibben.
64. "I think that we’ve become very disconnected from the natural world, and many of us, what we’re guilty of is an egocentric worldview."
- Joaquin Phoenix.
65. "Whether humans are responsible for the bulk of climate change is going to be left to the scientists, but it’s all of our responsibility to leave this planet in better shape for the future generations than we found it."
- Mike Huckabee.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestion for recycling quotes then why not take a look at [David Attenborough quotes] or Greta Thunberg quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.